Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

4 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I think we need to appease aggy and go ahead and make you the commish.  Solid work. 

Fuck aggy, and fuck 0U, too. I want aggy in our pod, so we can kick their ass every fucking year. I also think 0U in another pod is best, and gives 0U and Texas control over half the SEC, likely. 0U can still be our "official conference rival" and play us every year. I don't give a fuck about the rest of their pod - errbody saying "oooh! oooh! 0U gets an easier path, ohhhh noooo!" can fuck right off. I want 0U in a different pod, which they should be able to breeze through every year... as should we in ours. Keeping 0U, Texas, and aggy in one pod is not to our advantage

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, orangebird said:

They honestly believe that we are 100% of the reason that their program has been mediocre now for the better part of two decades.  As though mediocre coaching hires like Bill Callahan, or Tom Osborne covering for all of Lawrence Phillips's crimes while enrolled there had nothing to do with any of it.

Nope, it was all Texas.  Kind of funny how, in the decade since they cut Texas out of their lives, they still suck.  On the other hand, we barely even think about them anymore unless they pop up around here and show their asses.

I am completely satisfied with the narrative that Texas killed Nebraska football. 

• Hook 'Em 7

35 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

I think you are confusing being pissed with our feeling of validation that Nebraska did the right thing in shit canning the BIG 12 when we did.  In this game of Musical Chairs, we grabbed our seat years ago.  Good luck in getting a place to sit.

We can sit literally anywhere we want, because we draw a ton of water and, contrary to your whining bullshit, are a net benefit to any conference that we would be part of.

Us having a place to sit was never a concern or question.

Fucking idiot

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

I would laugh my ass off of the big 12 ended up offering something so ridiculous Texas and ou stayed. Then we would have to erase the sec pod thread!!!!

It doesn't matter. No matter what ever happened in that shitty conference we were assholes. If we took less $$ then we were lording our status over everyone, if we took it equally we were just using that to hide our TRUE greed and arrogance, and if we take more then well that just shows how greedy we are

Fuck these teams, whatever. Give me some new universities to hate

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

They are about to revert to their rightful slot at #3.

You young 'uns just wait until this Arky thing gets going year after year. It's more of a pure hate than a "goddamn it my little brother is such a fucking pain in the ass" annoyance. Seriously, the hate level is right at or exceeding Gooner levels on their end and it will approach it on our end too after our first home and home. 

It’s gonna be glorious. 

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

How did the A&M brass not have talking points ready to hand to everyone in the Athletic Department the moment this leaked? You can't let those freaks outside the house without a leash!!!

Sharp should've been on the phone to the AD and Fisher and Liucci 20 seconds after the leak giving them the talking points

i must say b_t... you clean up well! 😂🤘

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Fuck aggy, and fuck 0U, too. I want aggy in our pod, so we can kick their ass every fucking year. I also think 0U in another pod is best, and gives 0U and Texas control over half the SEC, likely. 0U can still be our "official conference rival" and play us every year. I don't give a fuck about the rest of their pod - errbody saying "oooh! oooh! 0U gets an easier path, ohhhh noooo!" can fuck right off. I want 0U in a different pod, which they should be able to breeze through every year... as should we in ours. Keeping 0U, Texas, and aggy in one pod is not to our advantage

I was thinking the same thing a few days back.

14 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I'm already hearing the "You're not used to playing good teams every week."  They're also not used to playing good offenses every week.  Now, a team like Arky is going to have to play LSU and then OU the next week.  They'll just have a few days to prepare.  Good luck with that.

Aggy wants to act like they’re so different from when they left the Big 12 because they’ve played in the league for almost a decade and have recruited “SEC” players but the truth is one of their best football seasons in their history was their first year in the SEC with a defacto Big 12 roster.

The B12 is/was actually a high quality conference in terms of level of football play. Coaching is really damn good (except here) and the talent level is high.  The problem is low level of respect for performing at a high level, which over time, can erode the talent in the league. You beat a really good (to great) team and you get nothing for it. 

It’s like being married vs not-married. Married guy makes solid money, takes family on many vacations, keeps the house in tip-top shape… has to beg for blowjobs. 

Unmarried dude gets bjs for picking the girl up on time and springing for P.F. Chang’s. 

If you’re SEC, all you gotta do is be the unmarried guy and ESPN drops to its knees. Even tickles your ass a little. 

All that to say… I bet we get lots of blowjobs in the SEC. I know I’ll be hunting for them on road trips. Horns will do very well!

Edited by Gucci_Suit
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, troph said:

Texas had the toughest 4 game stretch in the history of college football a few years back in the SEC I mean Big 12. It don’t make a shit.

Protection of power last year for sure.  When it was decided SEC only schedule, a lot of people thought it would be your schedule for that year and then move in the next 2 scheduled to come on your schedule.  But, in an almost comically obvious action, all of the sudden it was completely revamped and you would play your schedule plus whoever was "randomly" assigned as 2 extra games.  So since Arkansas was expected to be painfully bad following Aggie Chads years, somehow we were awarded the top 2 teams from the East, Florida and Georgia.  Missouri somehow got to see Alabama and LSU.  Didn't work out as well the offices hoped, we were a fair bit better and didn't look like keystone cops, even though we were not gonna take down Bama, Gators and Georgia.  But most people who rank schedules said we had the toughest and will have the toughest this year also.  Most years our schedule is ranked among the toughest. It is part of the reason (see also Aggie Chad above) that we have looked so inept on field in the last few years.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Aggy wants to act like they’re so different from when they left the Big 12 because they’ve played in the league for almost a decade and have recruited “SEC” players but the truth is one of their best football seasons in their history was their first year in the SEC with a defacto Big 12 roster.

Same with Missouri.  Most competitive the first couple of seasons. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

My dad graduated from UT in 1968 and he has a class ring. Also we've expanded our stadium like 12 times. Talk about throwing shit against the wall.

Is "Texas ring 1996" referencing class rings?  Hahahahahaha.  I honestly had no clue what his logic even was there!

Aggies don't actually believe we are going to the SEC because of them, right? They say it, but they don't actually believe it, do they?
I'm quite sure some of the more delusional ones do think that. I'm not sure any of them will admit this isn't the first time Texas has considered going SEC...they at least want to claim it was an original thought they had first.

14 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

It doesn't matter. No matter what ever happened in that shitty conference we were assholes. If we took less $$ then we were lording our status over everyone, if we took it equally we were just using that to hide our TRUE greed and arrogance, and if we take more then well that just shows how greedy we are

Fuck these teams, whatever. Give me some new universities to hate

Arrogant Burnt Orange Bad_teammate is my favorite Bad_teammate.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, orangebird said:

They honestly believe that we are 100% of the reason that their program has been mediocre now for the better part of two decades.  As though mediocre coaching hires like Bill Callahan, or Tom Osborne covering for all of Lawrence Phillips's crimes while enrolled there had nothing to do with any of it.

Nope, it was all Texas.  Kind of funny how, in the decade since they cut Texas out of their lives, they still suck.  On the other hand, we barely even think about them anymore unless they pop up around here and show their asses.

You forgot the man behind the curtain, Steve Pederson.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I would laugh my ass off of the big 12 ended up offering something so ridiculous Texas and ou stayed. Then we would have to erase the sec pod thread!!!!

If you cause this to happen, I'm going to advocate for the Big 12 to get to 16 teams and then I'll start a Big 12 Pod thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Is "Texas ring 1996" referencing class rings?  Hahahahahaha.  I honestly had no clue what his logic even was there!

I think Texas came out with some official class ring design at some point in time.  Maybe it was 1996.

But you've always been able to buy a class ring and have it designed any way you liked.  I got mine in 1994.  My mom got hers in 1964.  My dad got his in 1963.  So as usual.... ags are full of shit.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Last year was a one off in every shape and fashion in every way.  Arky’s 2019 schedule wasn’t that difficult.

The schedule was better that year, but did you see the coaching we had that year? 😱  When North Texas, and Western Kentucky and and any other Sunbelt equivalent team can laugh at you from the rout they left, it is real bad.

25 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I am completely satisfied with the narrative that Texas killed Nebraska football. 

Hey man, give Colorado some credit; Nebraska's football history literally took a nose dive immediately after Black Friday. A comparison of the 210 games immediately before and after 62-36, as of a couple years ago:

W-L Record

180-29-1 (.860)

130-80 (.619)

Conf. Titles

National Titles

AP Top 10 Finishes

Major Bowl Appearances

https://footballscoop.com/news/remembering-day-college-footballs-big-red-wall-fell

Edited by LTbear
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, iamjethro said:

The schedule was better that year, but did you see the coaching we had that year? 😱  When North Texas, and Western Kentucky and and any other Sunbelt equivalent team can laugh at you from the rout they left, it is real bad.

The Chad Morris experiment was so bad. Worked out well for SMU, though. 

Nebraska fans being pissed off still is really, really, really weird
I think you are confusing being pissed with our feeling of validation that Nebraska did the right thing in shit canning the BIG 12 when we did.  In this game of Musical Chairs, we grabbed our seat years ago. 

df633814338655fef02ee07169f6529e.gif
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Telegraph_it said:

Damn. That’s like not great. 

And yet now we will benefit from it.  Beat a shitty Iowa State or Tech team....they are just ISU or Tech.  Beat a shitty Auburn team...well it just means more.  Might as well fucking embrace it (sans the dumb SEC chant)

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

And yet now we will benefit from it.  Beat a shitty Iowa State or Tech team....they are just ISU or Tech.  Beat a shitty Auburn team...well it just means more.  Might as well fucking embrace it (sans the dumb SEC chant)

Yep.  Now we'll get the quality win over 7-5-in-the-vaunted-SEC aggy, nevermind that they were 0-5 against winning teams.

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

jExactly! Like you say we might as well benefit from being unable to fix stupid.  The perception is too far gone.  Joining is the smart thing to do.    

17 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I'm already hearing the "You're not used to playing good teams every week."  They're also not used to playing good offenses every week.  Now, a team like Arky is going to have to play LSU and then OU the next week.  They'll just have a few days to prepare.  Good luck with that.

This is the thing I think most SEC outsiders can’t stand hearing the SEC conference homers thump their chest about.   

Over the past decade, they’ve had one team that has been a constant-Bama. In other words we’d probably be 0-10 against them, maybe 1-9  with a win during the Herman years if his brain farted the right way.  

After them, they had two that were consistently good, but beatable.    I mean we we beat UGA even though we were underdogs to a team the media said didn’t want to be there.    We came  razor thin close to beating LSU for crying out loud the same year they won the NC.  Again both games under the leadership of Coach Mensa .  Further perspective UGA came within two points of losing to Nichols State in 2016 on their home turf with Homer SEC Refs. In other words both were very beatable and not an ass kicker week in and week out as some like to make them out to be. 

Then  you have Florida who had some time in the wilderness .   Auburn won an NC I think be accident now looking back because they didn’t do much after that.  Over all nothing to strike fear into a respectable opponents psyche.    

So of the teams remaining you have Arkansas, Mizzou, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Miss State, Vandy, Tennessee, and South Carolina.   Oh and aggy.

Can anyone with a straight face suggest if you took one or two of these teams from the group listed above and put them in the ACC, Big 12, Big10, or PAC 12, they would dominate week in and week out?   Nope, and many of them would struggle just like they did in the SEC or be a couple games north of .500. Saving grace that made many of them look better than they were was the cupcake non conference scheduling that was encouraged by the SEC on top of getting one of those cupcakes in November which would allow them to solidify poll slots largely drive by lapdog pro SEC  sports media.  You get four wins from non conference  and all you need to do is win three more and boom, you are seven game winner. 

• Hook 'Em 8

I can’t fucking wait, I’ve been vocal about the loss of rivalries … Texas may be the last to the SEC but I would give some dude’s left and right nuts to restore Texas vs Arkansas, Texas vs. A&M and keep Texas versus OU. Those are Texas most hated rivals and how I want to watch Texas football on saturdays in the fall. 
Meh, I'm a bit too young to remember the piggy thing and can live the rest of my life never going within 10 miles of collie station or having the gomers defile DRK...but Texas-blowU must stay..and must stay in the Cotton Bowl even if the thing starts crumbling and tumbling down as we're playing.
  • Hook 'Em 1