Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

14 minutes ago, jofus said:

And despite all that, if they had stayed in the big 12, their 2012 team would have had a real shot at playing for the national title.

They likely would have won it because they would have rolled the BDF and gotten to sabotage Saban in the championship game instead of Tuscaloosa

5 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

They likely would have won it because they would have rolled the BDF and gotten to sabotage Saban in the championship game instead of Tuscaloosa

Not so sure. Their O was definitely better. D not so much. They would have played much better offense in B12. Also hearing the stories of sumlins running of the team they would have screwed it up somehow. 

7 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Credit to A&M for how quickly they realized they were making themselves look like idiots and also making an even bigger laughingstock of themselves. The good thing about being a fanbase full of sheep is that Liucci will tell them they were excited about Texas coming the whole time and they'll believe it and act like the last 48 hours never happened. 

Credit to A&M? Fuck that. They got told off, they did. By the SEC and the Governor's mansion.

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I have posted here for a few years and generally like most of y’all.

But the attitude displayed in this post is exactly why some of us have the impression of UT fans that we do.

“We’re Texas”. Whatever. You’re one of 16 now.

Give it 5 years, once the novelty has worn off, and y’all will bitching about “THE SEC OFFICE IS IN BIRMINGHAM, PAULLLLLLL” and posting conspiracy theories about the Red Elephant Club.

Nebraska fans once thought like you.

Where credit goes is to the SEC. This was the culmination of a 31-year-long plan to drag us into this conference. A&M played their role as pawns phenomenally. All I'll say is: Be careful what you wish for.

We are the Joneses. Yes, everyone has been kicking us around for a dozen years, while an old guard stuck around far past its expiration date, then various political issues prevented us from getting our shit in gear.

Well, our shit is back in gear now, and that will start showing results on the field really, really soon. And -- God, I love Bama, I love your traditions, and I love your contributions Bama Chick, but as bad as people like to make it, the biggest problem they have with us isn't that we are arrogant.

It's that we have good reason to be.

And with this post I officially give up on trying to keep up with this thread. No more 12-post quotes.

• Hook 'Em 6

Oh, in other news, I had the joy of explaining this whole situation to my great friend from Kazakhstan. The overarching issue, he comprehends completely. Aggy, he does not understand. I showed him the squeeze. He kept saying, "They have to evolve!" I finally used The Scorpion and the Frog - Wikipedia and he got it. Aggy is the scorpion. It's just their nature.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

How did the A&M brass not have talking points ready to hand to everyone in the Athletic Department the moment this leaked? You can't let those freaks outside the house without a leash!!!

Sharp should've been on the phone to the AD and Fisher and Liucci 20 seconds after the leak giving them the talking points

10 The Family Man ideas | family guy, tea leoni, man movies

They did a good job.

2 hours ago, mchookem said:

i must say b_t... you clean up well! 😂🤘

1 hour ago, orangebird said:

Holy shit CDC has been impressive over the last 12 months.  First he gave Mensa the slip while bringing in Sark, and managed to keep a lid on the whole thing until it was a done deal.  Then he gave Shaka a soft landing and poached Beard away from Tech.  Now it looks like he is engineering the security of Texas athletics future in arguably the premier college sports conference in the world.  Dude is a pro.  He plays chess and dares you to keep up.

Just curious, if when Sark was hired he was told about what may be going on.  With the Flood and PK hires.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Thanks, Troph.  I remember this game well, but don't think I'd ever seen the video.  Was doing normal Saturday chores with my wife and listening on the car radio.  Was waiting in line at a car wash and ended up in the wash in total radio silence on the final play.  Couldn't believe that we won!

We listened on the radio too! At least the last drive on the way to a wedding. I was a kid I didn’t care about some stupid wedding. I was so mad my folks made me turn off the tv. We went ape shit in the car, honking the horn and  horns up out the windows. I saw the highlights on the local 10pm news.  

bringing back truly hated rivals is the absolute best part about this. So glad to have Arky back on the schedule! 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Oh, in other news, I had the joy of explaining this whole situation to my great friend from Kazakhstan. The overarching issue, he comprehends completely. Aggy, he does not understand. I showed him the squeeze. He kept saying, "They have to evolve!" I finally used The Scorpion and the Frog - Wikipedia and he got it. Aggy is the scorpion. It's just their nature.

Except they really aren’t. Or they are a neutered pinching scorpion with no venom. They are a mild annoyance at best and everyone knows they are a dumb as a sack of rocks.

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, mdleast said:

17498d08a7a10f40124dfa4725f9860b.jpg

I think this needs to be in his replies anytime he tweets.

FWIW, I listened to him on Finebaum’s show (someone here had posted the link) and was surprised to hear him sound way more reasonable and accepting of the situation than how he comes across on Twitter.

Aggies are about to work that transfer portal for an Alabama walk on. 

6 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Credit to A&M? Fuck that. They got told off, they did. By the SEC and the Governor's mansion.

Nebraska fans once thought like you.

Where credit goes is to the SEC. This was the culmination of a 31-year-long plan to drag us into this conference. A&M played their role as pawns phenomenally. All I'll say is: Be careful what you wish for.

We are the Joneses. Yes, everyone has been kicking us around for a dozen years, while an old guard stuck around far past its expiration date, then various political issues prevented us from getting our shit in gear.

Well, our shit is back in gear now, and that will start showing results on the field really, really soon. And -- God, I love Bama, I love your traditions, and I love your contributions Bama Chick, but as bad as people like to make it, the biggest problem they have with us isn't that we are arrogant.

It's that we have good reason to be.

And with this post I officially give up on trying to keep up with this thread. No more 12-post quotes.

Texas isn’t moving to the S!E!C! to make friends. Or to “find our equals.” Texas is moving to the S!E!C! to compete for championships. 

No we aren’t going to be humble, or servile, or supine, or subservient. aggys do that shit. 

We don't. We’re Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, troph said:

We listened on the radio too! At least the last drive on the way to a wedding. I was a kid I didn’t care about some stupid wedding. I was so mad my folks made me turn off the tv. We went ape shit in the car, honking the horn and  horns up out the windows. I saw the highlights on the local 10pm news.  

bringing back truly hated rivals is the absolute best part about this. So glad to have Arky back on the schedule! 

This is the first game I recall as a Longhorn.  I was really young.  I had purchased my first college football preview mag with Eric Metcalf earlier that year.

I don't remember if I watched this or listened on the radio.  It just so happened that night we had to pick my mom up at Love Field.  While waiting, we heard a bunch of hooping and hollering.  The UT Pom or cheerleaders had gotten off a flight to switch planes.  

I knew I'd go to Texas at that moment.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I know it's a popular jape to mock the ags with this, but the 2011 team was 6-6 (4-5 vs. B12) in the regular season.  They weren't going to miraculously dominate the B12 and challenge for the national championship the next year.  The B12 was accustomed to offenses like theirs and the SEC was unprepared for it.

A&M barely choked games away in 2011. If we had had the Heisman quarterback performance in 2011 that we had in 2012, we would have likely gone 11-1….and gotten snubbed for Alabama and LSU just like Oklahoma State did.

Edited by JJxvi

16 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Not so sure. Their O was definitely better. D not so much. They would have played much better offense in B12. Also hearing the stories of sumlins running of the team they would have screwed it up somehow. 

Did you see what they did to OU in Arlington or did you just block it from your memory?

7 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

So he actually went to Texas and UTMB Galveston but in 2018 he was on campus got a grad students number and sent sexually harassing texts to her and got investigated by the university and banned from the 40 acres.  So then he went full aggie I guess, link to article. https://www.statesman.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/investigating-sen-charles-schwertner-after-sexual-misconduct-claim/asnidSImg1fcb2FNBZ8iCO/

I also read BCS is part of his district so he’s sucking up for that reason as well

and it was dick pics let’s not sugar coat it. A married late 40’s state senator was sending unsolicited dick pics to a grad student he had just met at a campus function

• Hook 'Em 1

As I’m enjoying all the aggy cry fest on Twitter and their obligatory turn around today saying things like.

”This is big boy football and we ain’t scared and you can’t hide behind the weak BFF anymore”

NO BITCH!  YOU can’t hide anymore! YOU don’t get to sit behind the accolades of better programs.  And soon....none of these SEC garbage teams can hide behind that bogus ass notion that the SEC is some unbeatable gauntlet.  

LFG! Hook’em 🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, JJxvi said:

A&M barely choked games away in 2011. If we had had the Heisman quarterback performance in 2011 that we had in 2012, we would have likely gone 11-1….and gotten snubbed for Alabama and LSU just like Oklahoma State did.

Woulda, supposta

57 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

SIAP this came across my TL and I had a good laugh at it

"Our women are basketball champions."

Someone oughta tell him that was over a decade ago -- when they were still in the Big 12 -- and we went deeper in the tourney than they did this year.

Mhv3 is Back- Just need the Dude of WVU to chime in.

MH3@MH3
·
2h
Don’t sleep on the effort by TX legislature to block the move to SEC. word from the other Texas schools is that it’s a race to see who can get ink on paper first. Legislation could really become a thorn for the Longhorns. Hearing OU is going with or without TX.

MH3@MH3
·
1h
WVU is not one of the schools pushing for unequal revenue shares to keep TX and OU. That is coming from TT, KSU, TCU, and Baylor.

MH3@MH3
·
1h
Texas is apparently agreeing to stay if they can receive the 1.5 revenue share (appx $56 million per year). Vote would have to be unanimous. OU I’m not sure about. TX afraid their move to SEC may get politically blocked. Also don’t want to have to forfeit LHN

MHr3@MH3
·
43m
Fox network getting involved now. Possibly opening up the pocketbook. I don’t know for sure-only that there have been a lot of talks to today with television execs between many of the presidents.

1 minute ago, nd2003 said:

MH3@MH3
·
2h
Don’t sleep on the effort by TX legislature to block the move to SEC. word from the other Texas schools is that it’s a race to see who can get ink on paper first. Legislation could really become a thorn for the Longhorns. Hearing OU is going with or without TX.

MH3@MH3
·
1h
WVU is not one of the schools pushing for unequal revenue shares to keep TX and OU. That is coming from TT, KSU, TCU, and Baylor.

MH3@MH3
·
1h
Texas is apparently agreeing to stay if they can receive the 1.5 revenue share (appx $56 million per year). Vote would have to be unanimous. OU I’m not sure about. TX afraid their move to SEC may get politically blocked. Also don’t want to have to forfeit LHN

MHr3@MH3
·
43m
Fox network getting involved now. Possibly opening up the pocketbook. I don’t know for sure-only that there have been a lot of talks to today with television execs between many of the presidents.

Lol. Ok

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, nd2003 said:

MH3@MH3
·
2h

MH3@MH3
·
1h

MH3@MH3
·
1h

MHr3@MH3
·
43m

Nothing is off the table.

4 minutes ago, nd2003 said:

MH3@MH3
·
2h

MH3@MH3
·
1h

MH3@MH3
·
1h

MHr3@MH3
·
43m

I guess nobody told these morons that the legislature doesn't meet until 2023?

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, nd2003 said:

MH3@MH3
·
2h

MH3@MH3
·
1h

MH3@MH3
·
1h

MHr3@MH3
·
43m

Oh this person is back! Oh they’re also full of shit 

2 minutes ago, nd2003 said:

MH3@MH3
·
2h

MH3@MH3
·
1h

MH3@MH3
·
1h

MHr3@MH3
·
43m

This dude is talking out of his ass.

Texas Legislature is in special session and cannot consider any legislation to block Texas from leaving.  Plus, they do not have a quorum due to all the Democratic members leaving the state.  The earliest that the Legislature could take this up would be 2023, and the deed will have long since been done by then.

LHN is bleeding money for ESPN and not likely to be renewed.

But keep on dreaming.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nd2003 said:

MH3@MH3
·
2h

MH3@MH3
·
1h

MH3@MH3
·
1h

MHr3@MH3
·
43m

That is some of the worst drivel I’ve read. 

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

This is the first game I recall as a Longhorn.  I was really young.  I had purchased my first college football preview mag with Eric Metcalf earlier that year.

I don't remember if I watched this or listened on the radio.  It just so happened that night we had to pick my mom up at Love Field.  While waiting, we heard a bunch of hooping and hollering.  The UT Pom or cheerleaders had gotten off a flight to switch planes.  

I knew I'd go to Texas at that moment.

Awesome story!

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Dumbest play call in Texas history. An option play that never, ever worked and was guaranteed to get colt hit no matter what. 

Running Colt there was monumentally stupid. Almost as stupid was calling the Simms pass vs Colorado in the conference championship game when Ced was gashing them for like 7 ypc. They get the pick and Ced runs into Leonard Davis trying to reverse field and tackle the ball carrier and puts them both out of the game. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 3

17 minutes ago, nd2003 said:

MH3@MH3
·
2h

How many times do I have to explain it that the Texas Legislature **cannot do anything** to stop Texas leaving the Big12?

I get that you can't read this whole thread, but the TxLege will not stop this, no matter what you think you heard. Bob Bulloch and Ann Richards are dead, and the relevant power brokers (Gov. Abbott, House Speaker Phelan) have been replaced with Texas alums.

Edited by BachelorTrek

10 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

“RocketDick” I bet no one else has that one.

Man if OU leaves and we stay fuck everything. 

Is your last comment based on that mhv post?   That was horrible.  Please.   He’s literally summarizing news and making up details to appease his audience.  There may be reasons to worry but that ain’t one of them.  And the lege deal is dead.  And ou won’t go anywhere without us 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1