Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

2 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

What can I say?  The Big Ten is a tougher football conference than the Big XII.  I mean, look at Maryland. Nebraska has a tough time beating even them.  You guys know Maryland, right?...

Thats adorable that you came over here to visit. 

I wish we had players with such high moral fortitude like Richie Incognito or Ndumbass Suh.

Enjoy you trash academics, and even worse athletics.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

What can I say?  The Big Ten is a tougher football conference than the Big XII.  I mean, look at Maryland. Nebraska has a tough time beating even them.  You guys know Maryland, right?...

This page and the page after are nice gathering of this mfer's posts for those who want to go FATWA on his ass.  

• Hook 'Em 7

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This is the "big boy" football that Looch and the rest of those idiots keep talking about.

E7BN8vMWEAsKw9C.jpeg

Yeah but a lot of those losses are to other SEC teams which is basically a win vs a team from a regular conference

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

You were 7-0 against Big Ten teams while in the Big XII. Your argument sucks, and you suck.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

Well....bye

That makes me wonder where Lowell Galindo will wind up?
Everyone should spend some time watching SECN and Paul F. You may miss Lowell before too long.

I wonder if there will still be a need for what he does calling sports and pre game shows, just much less of it. I hope they find a way to put the LHN content on E+ or SECN+ and they keep up the pregame/halftime stuff for at least the big 3 sports. For all the LHN grumbling, it goes a long way to connect far away alumni to UT. And nothing better to indoctrinate my kids in all thing UT from a time zone away.
  • Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Brunette on the right grew up next door to us. I have a pic somewhere.

Hopefully when you post it upside-down, her tits will spill out of her top

4 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Mike leach is salivating at the thought of playing a PK led defense.  

That moronic fuck will be dead from COVID before he gets the chance

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

Says the guys who hope to ride Oklahoma's coattails into the SEC.  Do you think if it were an Oklahoma / Oklahoma State offer it would be a deal breaker to the SEC?...

...me neither.

Considering that has been tried at one point previously and the SEC said no thanks.....

• Like 1

Meanwhile, on the Baylor message board:

Could We Survive As Independent?

644 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by chorne68
Basketball is easy. They practically are independent. We won't receive much money if we are out of P5 and recruiting will now be even harder against equal weights like TCU, SMU, Rice and UH. Hell even San Marcus may be an equal.

I am just throwing this out but I would rather be Indy and play a major schedule against SEC dream teams that will want an off week. Imagine a schedule of LSU, Arkie, Ole Miss, MSU and maybe a Florida or Auburn thrown in with our usual Liberty's, Sul Ross etc.

When UH first began playing football they only scheduled SEC teams or Oklahoma teams. They were getting their heads handed back to them on a platter until they got a real coach named Yeoman and the tables turned.

Instead of losing to Ole Miss 44-3 they started whipping Ole Miss 65-0 until the SEC quit calling. If Aranda can recruit and perform as expected we shouldn't be afraid to play anyone

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

52 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, it seems that aggy is about done with their hysterical temper tantrum, and is now just back to being resigned to being the bottom bitch they always have been, so….back to the Steel Shank thread! I think I have some saltines and Crystal hot sauce around here…

I came here looking for updates, for some reason found an idiot from Nebraska, then read this post and thought: Holy shit, I have a tin of smoked oysters in the cupboard, some crackers, and a bottle of crystal, plus I’m kinda drunk..

Something good has come of all this madness. Realignment is already working out. 

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, DCLonghorn said:
15 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:
One of the best videos of all time.  Bitch would not be denied.

Have never seen this. Where the hell have I been? This is amazing. I am now fully on board with joining the SEC.

Believe that was OU Bama Sugar Bowl that OU won iirc.

9 minutes ago, DCLonghorn said:
15 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:
One of the best videos of all time.  Bitch would not be denied.

Have never seen this. Where the hell have I been? This is amazing. I am now fully on board with joining the SEC.

The husband turning his head for half a second when she is acting a little calmed down and the kicking at the end, it’s just perfect.  I’ve watched it 20 times in the last 15 minutes

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, it seems that aggy is about done with their hysterical temper tantrum, and is now just back to being resigned to being the bottom bitch they always have been, so….back to the Steel Shank thread! I think I have some saltines and Crystal hot sauce around here…

Add some Polar sardines and you have a meal

3 hours ago, utee94 said:

Yeah watch the Raiders crow about cockroaching us in 2008, and watch the 2015 UT-oSu referee-palooza again, and you'll quickly stop feeling any sympathy for either of those fanbases.

This.  Remember all the times our ethical and trustworthy “partners” demanded B12 refs be held accountable for biased game calling like in that 2015 OSU game (or any of the numerous other shit called games throughout the years)?    Yea, me neither.  Just crickets and mocking.    Bite the hand that feeds you and such.  Fuck them. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted by
Texas A&M Fan
Member since Aug 2015
2150 posts

ESPN and possibly Longhorns are playing chess and SEC commissioner is playing checkers.Posted on 7/24/21 at 10:08 pm
uArw.png6dArw.png21
It's funny that everybody believes the SEC will somehow benefit from this when only the networks benefit. 

1) The contracts are negotiated based on the number of new households. We, former Big 12 teams, found this out the first time when Texas & OU tried to bolt for PAC 12. Texas brings no "new" eyeballs and Oklahoma is the 28th largest state (not impressive). *Note: a North Carolina (9th largerst state)and Virgina (11th largest) school addition would maximize revenue for the SEC. 

2) ESPN gets to get rid of the Longhorn Network before 2025. They've already lost $50M on the venture and want to drop it ASAP. They get to add great content for less money. 

3) This could be a ploy by OU and Texas to draw out potential partners. They say they want to go to the SEC to see if the Big Ten or PAC will offer more money

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I know it's a popular jape to mock the ags with this, but the 2011 team was 6-6 (4-5 vs. B12) in the regular season.  They weren't going to miraculously dominate the B12 and challenge for the national championship the next year.  The B12 was accustomed to offenses like theirs and the SEC was unprepared for it.
Johnny 8 ball wasn't their QB in 2011, and Mike Evans hadn't arrived on campus yet iirc. You're right they likely don't have a much better record in the Big12 if they stay, still fun to poke them about it.