Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

29 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Yeah, you’re just now warming up to this move and the better schedule it’ll bring. Yet, like many here, you were likely berating the SEC for being overrated as recently as 4 days ago. You’re a sharp one.

The 180 change in narrative around here is peculiarly self-serving (and expected).

Still, it’s nice of you to throw a bone to all those teams you’ve been struggling with in recent years.

Two crowdsources in a couple hours?

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Yeah, you’re just now warming up to this move and the better schedule it’ll bring. Yet, like many here, you were likely berating the SEC for being overrated as recently as 4 days ago. You’re a sharp one.

The 180 change in narrative around here is peculiarly self-serving (and expected).

Still, it’s nice of you to throw a bone to all those teams you’ve been struggling with in recent years.

Well, it appears we are going to find out. Longhorns will show up and do our best to give as good as we get.,.we ain’t aggy.

20 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

This could work out better for every Big 12 team worth a damn.  Why would anybody want the Big 12 to stick around if they have better options?  

This is the thing...if you have any value independently you’ll be fine. Things will get reshuffled but you’ll find a landing spot because you bring something to the table. 

These teams that have been allowed to freeload in a P5 conference for decades and apparently feel like it’s their god given right to free-load indefinitely are hilarious.

Get fucked Baylor, you are a net negative to the entire state. If it weren’t for Ann Richards I wouldn’t have thought about you once in the last 20 years, except when driving through Waco. And that thought would be, “god, this is a shithole. oh yeah, Baylor is here”. 

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Many would say Texas has been overrated for quite some time. Yet, still  the most desirable university in the state.

Texas is such a so-called "non-factor" that based on still-unconfirmed (by the TX/ou principles) *rumors*, every sports talk show is talking about this move and schools all over the country are trying to counter it with realignment moves of their own, for their own interests......

And this all started because a school that supposedly "no one cares about" lives rent-free in the whole fucking CFB consciousness.

The jealousy..... the seething rage...  all because of RUMORS!

It's hard to believe that this isn't a great move for Texas, if so many people hate it!

• Hook 'Em 7

15 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

aggy's behavior the last few days reminds me of Gilligan when he was told to dress like a girl.

At first..."I'm not gonna do it. I'm not gonna do it. I'm not gonna do it..."

Then cut to shot of Gilligan...

hqdefault.jpg

I remember this episode!

"You can't make me! You can't make me!" Cut to the above shot! ^^  Lulz.

Houston's channel 39 or 26 showed Gilligan's Island in the afternoons after school let out each weekday in the 70s.

Edited by BachelorTrek
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Negged for lying. You have no idea what I've written in the last four days. Even if you did, you likely would have struggled with any three-syllable words.

You come across kind of aggy. 

• Like 2

forgive me for bringing this on, but @Randolph Duke and a pretty good point about what UT brings to the SEC outside of football. Sure most discussion is going to be about a mutualistic relationship at the football level, but there is also a commensalistic aspect for the SEC in other sports (baseball, swim/dive, volleyball, track, etc.) that Texas brings to them. Looking big picture...

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, millhouse said:

forgive me for bringing this on, but @Randolph Duke and a pretty good point about what UT brings to the SEC outside of football. Sure most discussion is going to be about a mutualistic relationship at the football level, but there is also a commensalistic aspect for the SEC in other sports (baseball, swim/dive, volleyball, track, etc.) that Texas brings to them. Looking big picture...

I honestly thought that the fact that none of the current SEC’s swimming/diving teams will ever win another conference championship would be a negative in the application process.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, millhouse said:

Plus, Texas never did start the gymnastics and wrestling sports that the old Big8 schools in the Big12 still have.

30 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Lost in all this is the fact Finebaum very recently went on a tirade and called Texas “irrelevant.” And yet, our prospective move to the SEC has dominated CFB news, and we are on the cusp of changing college football for the next 30+ years. Fuck that two-faced, pink glasses wearing penis looking mother fucker. 

I’m always torn with whether he looks more like a cock with ears or Killer from All Dogs Go To Heaven…

image.jpeg.45c2a6111f16b8eec46bbb6ebb6fa017.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cef6727878a17057897c76945c939381.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

Everyone pay attention. This is actually significant. Like a comfortable old shoe, Liucci and aTm are back in the same routine of trying to sidle up next to OU while they attempt to lampoon us. I guess fluffing them is just ingrained. 

So we could have hired him, but we didn’t. And he was a pos, and we knew that.

51 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Lost in all this is the fact Finebaum very recently went on a tirade and called Texas “irrelevant.” And yet, our prospective move to the SEC has dominated CFB news, and we are on the cusp of changing college football for the next 30+ years. Fuck that two-faced, pink glasses wearing penis looking mother fucker

"Dick with ears" is the proper term. 

4 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Love the Bama Chick dropping in to tell our fans how it is. 

Horseshit. I was at the 09 Rose Bowl and in Vegas. A more entitled arrogant fan base there is not. 

The LSU fans at DKR were 50% cool 50% swamp trash. 

We have no monopoly on shitty fans 

She/him/it is insufferable

• Hook 'Em 2

Fuck aggy, fuck OU, fuck Bama and gata and barn and swamp trash LSU. Fuck pig and the state of Mississippi as a whole. Georgia and ut and SC can suck it too. All that dumbass "we're all equal parts of the pie" shit can go ahead and die. 

We're coming, motherfuckers. NIL is shaking this entire thing up and Texas is about to be the hard-hitting cream that always rises to the top. 

DKR laid the foundation 60 years ago. College football is coming back home. Let's get it. 

Hook em. 

• Hook 'Em 4

There's  two stages to gomer grief. First is panic, "fuck no! He'll no! Over my dead body! Call your congressman! Call the governor!"

Then they transition to tough talk "well be ready. Can't beat the 12th man. No way you'll be able to compete with us, especially if you look at this small sample size of years where we won. Big stadium! Our coach won a national title somewhere else!" 

Edited by Dewey
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Chopper said:

Now that the subject of sardines has been broached, I'll ask, what does an aggy have in common with a sardine?

They both come in a jar.

uick

Quick and dirty puttanesca -- the sauce that tastes like a Sicilian whore. In a good way, lol:

1. Take a can or jar of sardines in plain olive oil and saute until the fish disappears.

2. Add a jar of this and simmer: 

yodumjxvfd3vwswl9nzu.jpg

3. Add shrimp or drained albacore tuna and simmer.

4. Serve with shaved parmesan. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Quick and dirty puttanesca -- the sauce that tastes like a Sicilian whore. In a good way, lol:

1. Take a can or jar of sardines in plain olive oil and saute until the fish disappears.

2. Add a jar of this and simmer: 

yodumjxvfd3vwswl9nzu.jpg

3. Add shrimp or drained albacore tuna and simmer.

4. Serve with shaved parmesan. 

not for nothing, good puttanesca makes my loins frothy.  absolutely delicious. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Not buying the Oklahoma State talking to Big10 stuff, and I don’t think their fans are either.  I don't think the big 10 has reached out to anyone as of yet.  

Pretty sure that Kansas, Okie Lite and Iowa State have to reach out to other conferences first or it causes legal problems.

The BIG 10 won't talk to a B12 team until that school first approaches them about moving to the BIG 10.

• Hook 'Em 2

The aggy tears are just so intoxicating, I mean they want to be viewed as Bama and Georgia yet you haven't heard any of their fans cry about it as much as aggy has literally non stop. Call the Gov! Call your congressman! Let's sue them! Yea that sounds just like a secure dominant school right there.

Once a pussy, Always a pussy.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Pretty sure that Kansas, Okie Lite and Iowa State have to reach out to other conferences first or it causes legal problems.

The BIG 10 won't talk to a B12 team until that school first approaches them about moving to the BIG 10.

Well of course they reached out.  Every one of the remaining 8 has reached out to a major conference.  What I’m saying is I’m not buying the “mutual interest” or “it’s looking good for okie state to the big 10” talk that is coming out.  

Oklahoma State isn’t AAU, they don’t travel, small fanbase, and no tv eyeballs.  I’m not buying that at all and Oklahoma State is the one b12 team I actually like and want them to not get left behind. 

But as I said earlier, we will find out more probably Friday as I think announcements for UT and OU to the SEC will have come by then (formally—an ESPN press conference).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1