Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

2 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Poor aggy found out they are only sitting at the kiddy table and the adults are in another room.

Not a single aggy seems to remember which school was principally responsible for A&M gaining admission into the AAU. Here’s a hint-it wasn’t A&M. 

I’ve yet to meet an honest aggy. Certainly not one willing to be honest with themself. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Jerry said:

Yeah, you’re just now warming up to this move and the better schedule it’ll bring. Yet, like many here, you were likely berating the SEC for being overrated as recently as 4 days ago. You’re a sharp one.

The 180 change in narrative around here is peculiarly self-serving (and expected).

Still, it’s nice of you to throw a bone to all those teams you’ve been struggling with in recent years.

What part of fuck the SEC do you still not get? 

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Well of course they reached out.  Every one of the remaining 8 has reached out to a major conference.  What I’m saying is I’m not buying the “mutual interest” or “it’s looking good for okie state to the big 10” talk that is coming out.  

Oklahoma State isn’t AAU, they don’t travel, small fanbase, and no tv eyeballs.  I’m not buying that at all and Oklahoma State is the one b12 team I actually like and want them to not get left behind. 

But as I said earlier, we will find out more probably Friday as I think announcements for UT and OU to the SEC will have come by then (formally—an ESPN press conference).

They have a decent amount of eyeballs. They have a really good overall AD. They care. They’d be a really good add to the AAC. Their poor academics make them a non starter to the BIG or the PAC I believe. 

3 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

The realization that is dawning on many seems to be that when aggy joined the SEC, the overwhelming noise being spewed forth was that the move "made" aggy. Now, aggy was going to be able to compete! It completed them.

With Texas going to the SEC, the talking points seem to universally be that the move is going to help the SEC in an incredible way so much so that the SEC now has the ability to perhaps leave the NCAA. Now, the SEC will be able to completely impose its will on college athletics.

A college power broker is the institution that "Makes" a conference into an incredibly greater force. Not vice versa.

Whoooop

47 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

My guy, neongarbear, really went with "it's not about money; it's about the friends you made along the way." 

We’re not your friends.  We were never your friends.  This is about business.  We’ve gotten to the end game - TX and OU.

- SEC and its members

8 hours ago, Jerry said:

Yeah, you’re just now warming up to this move and the better schedule it’ll bring. Yet, like many here, you were likely berating the SEC for being overrated as recently as 4 days ago. You’re a sharp one.

The 180 change in narrative around here is peculiarly self-serving (and expected).

Still, it’s nice of you to throw a bone to all those teams you’ve been struggling with in recent years.

Nope. Stand by my criticisms before. 

but now with us and OU you have some credibility and some real earning power. The SEC is a different entity now, so we are excited for that. You should be too. 

but the SEC was an over rated group of cheating, piss poor academic schools (hi Vandy). Now you have the chance to be something more. 

You’re welcome 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Deloss in an SEC room would not work. People who say Texas and the SEC won’t mix are thinking through the lense of the 2000’s. CDC has the right temperament to make it work and not rub people the wrong way or come across as arrogant. 

"We don't keep up with the Jones. We are the Joneses." --Deloss Dodds   (--And me.   --And about a jillion Texas Exes.)

Like Dizzy Dean once said, "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." I guess I better stay out of SEC rooms too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

It still benefits CDC and the administration to schedule big name OOC opponents. Bama, LSU, and Georgia all do. Losing a decent OOC game and then doing well in the SEC conference slate will probably mean a playoff spot. So schedule games that bring a sold out DKR. My hope is we'll continue with the caliber of Ohio States and Michigans when we replace those SEC OOC dates.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

They have a decent amount of eyeballs. They have a really good overall AD. They care. They’d be a really good add to the AAC. Their poor academics make them a non starter to the BIG or the PAC I believe. 

Well I’m taking the “no eyeballs” directly from their fans.  Even they admit they don’t have eyeballs.   I would hate for them to end up in the American, but I would love for Baylor or TCU to be demoted to the American. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Chopper said:

Now that the subject of sardines has been broached, I'll ask, what does an aggy have in common with a sardine?

They both come in a jar.

b6af9458-3223-4e26-8d6b-5d1b91bfd412.1be

King Oscar in olive oil with cracked black pepper or jalapeño slices for me. 

8 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

Plus, Texas never did start the gymnastics and wrestling sports that the old Big8 schools in the Big12 still have.

We should have because we would have eventually been very good, and if we had we’d probably be taking OU, OSU and ISU with us into the B1G right about now.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I just got my screen time reports from the ghost of Steve Jobs just now....Jesus I'm gonna have to detox

mines up to 6hrs

granted there some kids watching videos on my phone padding in there, but I think I might have a problem

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Evidently this is a move by the SEC powers that be meant to cripple the great Jimbo and prevent aggy football from becoming the fully operational Death Star they were clearly on track to becoming. Pooooooooor aggy

51554CD8-CCE4-4795-9BE6-4BC67F259AC1.jpeg

Yes, yeeeeesss… Turn on them, accuse them of insane shit. Please aggy, take out your vengeance on all of our fellow conference partner schools. 

8A38C75D-156F-4562-942F-31235F365CA6.gif

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

So, I’ve been thinking about this since last night….

I know y’all can provide some clarity.

”Polar” is the brand of sardines that are smoked but do NOT taste fishy?

Then again, what was the brand of sardines that was soaked in Louisiana hot sauce?

Edited by DaggerHorns
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

So, I’ve been thinking about this since last night….

I know y’all can provide some clarity.

”Polar” is the brand of sardines that are smoked but do NOT taste fishy?

Then again, what was the brand of sardines that was soaked in Louisiana hot sauce?

I’ll ping in an expert to assist with your question. 

@Steel Shank

46 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Well I’m taking the “no eyeballs” directly from their fans.  Even they admit they don’t have eyeballs.   I would hate for them to end up in the American, but I would love for Baylor or TCU to be demoted to the American. 

As a program they deserve to be in the PAC or BIG. As a university and a culture they don’t fit. That’s my take. Hope I’m wrong. I have nothing against them and would like to see them succeed. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

As a program they deserve to be in the PAC or BIG. As a university and a culture they don’t fit. That’s my take. Hope I’m wrong. I have nothing against them and would like to see them succeed. 

How about an all "little brother" conference, where they can all whine about their victimhood to each other?

Okie Lite, Aggy, Miss State, Florida State, etc....

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

What they fail to realize (or don’t want to realize) is that they are irrelevant as an athletic department. During our worst decade in football in program history, we won the same amount of NY6 bowl games as aggy and played for a conference championship in football. The players they are recruiting weren’t even born the last time they played for a conference championship. Their best football season in the SEC was with Big 12 players. They had a 10 year start to build their “SEC” brand and grow out of our shadow and they failed to do that. Now we’re back and they are fucked. They will always be in our shadow. They think they can come close to our level but the truth is they are much, much closer to Texas Tech than they are us. 

• Hook 'Em 1