Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Gosh, I just can’t reconcile this response from a group of people who until last week said they wanted nothing more than to play Texas every year, if only we weren’t scared to compete with them.  I mean, it’s almost like they were lying … but we know aggy never lies, cheats or steals.

It is quite a conundrum.

Yeah, it's almost as if they're completely full of shit.  But an aggy never lies, cheats, or steals, or tolerates those who do.  So, I just don't know what to make of it.

On 7/23/2021 at 9:35 AM, Zhorn96 said:

I say this with all due respect but...the fuck is wrong with you

Pullman is a tiny piece of shit town in the middle of nowhere that is brutal to get to.  It doesn't even have the honor of being quaint or pretty, its in the middle of an agricultural area and is Lubbock without the social life

You are quite literally describing the same kind of place I've lived for 75% of my life.

I seek out my dysfunctions.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Yeah and that was great. But getting sunburned, dehydrated and losing to those hillbilly fucks on my birthday fucking sucked. I wish I had gone to that one instead. But that’s the problem. The next time I went to a game against them, we lost. It’s my fault. Fuck my life.

I was debating going over there and really mixing it up but the problem is if you're actually funny and hurt their feelings, you'll be booted in no time.  Fuck them. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I'm not in the habit of making long posts, or stealing peoples work, so instead I'll summarize. A poster on Reddit, found here has mathed out that the B12 flat out cant afford to pay Texas/OU more to keep us here.

To summarize, it's an increase of 11m a year in revenue share flat from the B12 to the SEC, and then on top of that, if the B12 tried to match, at minimum it would leave Tech, OkSt and and ISU operating in the red. Kind of eye opening stuff. It's one thing to say we were carrying the conference, but its another to see the numbers. I encourage you guys to check that thread the next time you sit down for a long shit.

image.gif.8ec9c4865d40aed2b2e4f3544eb35f69.gif

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

For the younglings who were not around or too young to remember 1990 ... Arkansas' last appearance at DKR. The Show band of the Southwest expressed their view on Arkansas jumping ship to the SEC pretty damned well ...

See, even most Razorbacks don't get mad at that.  Colleges are supposed to be fun and poke a little at each other.  Sad to say, but in today's world a lot of that is lost.  Too many hurt feelings and too much money to guard.

13 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Quick and dirty puttanesca -- the sauce that tastes like a Sicilian whore. In a good way, lol:

1. Take a can or jar of sardines in plain olive oil and saute until the fish disappears.

2. Add a jar of this and simmer: 

yodumjxvfd3vwswl9nzu.jpg

3. Add shrimp or drained albacore tuna and simmer.

4. Serve with shaved parmesan. 

Made this for dinner tonight. Used yellowfin tuna packed in olive oil instead of drained albacore, and started it off with 4 cloves of garlic sautéed in olive oil. 
Delicious!

• Drool 1

13 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Actual Texags thread titles:

"Why did the SEC allow tu to call the shots?" 

"So what happens to the LHN dumpster fire" 

"Sips Don't Fit"

"The perpetual tu coaches' hot seat" 

"It's time we throw our weight around"

"Fire Bjork"

"Actual footage of sips navigating an SEC schedule."

"The guys aren't scared."

"Ass My Dude"

"Why tu may find things difficult in the SEC"

"ESPN already pushing the sips"

"SEC Rant poll - Go Vote"

"Start pulling the funding"

Bless their hearts...

Well, props to whoever started "Ass My Dude". 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, iamjethro said:

See, even most Razorbacks don't get mad at that.  Colleges are supposed to be fun and poke a little at each other.  Sad to say, but in today's world a lot of that is lost.  Too many hurt feelings and too much money to guard.

This is one of the things I have always enjoyed about Rice coming to DKR and the MOB doing the halftime show.  Even when they poke fun at us, it's hilarious and I usually enjoy the laughs.

Not everything has to be so damned serious 100% of the time.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, orangebird said:

This is one of the things I have always enjoyed about Rice coming to DKR and the MOB doing the halftime show.  Even when they poke fun at us, it's hilarious and I usually enjoy the laughs.

aggy always bitched at whatever the mob did, and I believe banned them from performing. They have zero sense of humor. 

2 minutes ago, orangebird said:

I hate the freaking MOB.  I attended the UT/RICE game in Houston when we lost to them for the first time in like a bazillion years.   I had the flu, it was pouring rain and my seats were right next to the MOB.  Might be the worst experience I have ever had at a UT football game and sadly I have been to way too many games like that for the Longhorns but that was the worst.

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I hate the freaking MOB.  I attended the UT/RICE game in Houston when we lost to them for the first time in like a bazillion years.   I had the flu, it was pouring rain and my seats were right next to the MOB.  Might be the worst experience I have ever had at a UT football game and sadly I have been to way too many games like that for the Longhorns but that was the worst.

I flew back to Austin from a business trip that night.  Got home, flipped on the game 3/4 of the way through . . . that was the biggest WTF moment of my life.

4 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Oh yes, I remember that game well.  Without a doubt, one of the low points of the Mackovic era.

36 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

That wasn’t their last appearance. I know this because we lost to them on my birthday in 2003. The tickets were a gift and it was hot and miserable. And we fucking lost. It sucked so fucking much.

Fuck me sideways and twice on Sunday.

I meant as a member of the SWC.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Actual Texags thread titles:

"Why did the SEC allow tu to call the shots?" 

"So what happens to the LHN dumpster fire" 

"Sips Don't Fit"

"The perpetual tu coaches' hot seat" 

"It's time we throw our weight around"

"Fire Bjork"

"Actual footage of sips navigating an SEC schedule."

"The guys aren't scared."

"Ass My Dude"

"Why tu may find things difficult in the SEC"

"ESPN already pushing the sips"

"SEC Rant poll - Go Vote"

"Start pulling the funding"

Bless their hearts...

So many misspellings of “we scared” 

• Hook 'Em 1

The whole "So what happens to the LHN dumpster fire"  

I don't understand. We got paid, we get paid every year.. right? LHN looses money for ESPN.. man that's sucks for them but we get paid .. right? So ESPN makes a bad business decision and somehow that's on us? 

So .. from Austin Monthly.. "Whether or not Longhorn Network makes money is also not a University of Texas problem. “I think it’s hard to criticize it from a pure business perspective,” says Matt Brown, who writes the college football newsletter “Extra Points” 

Edited by TexasBeta

4 hours ago, Speedway said:

Why stop at two 20 team or four 16 team conferences?  Why not be preemptive and avoid possible (anti-trust) and other government interference litigation??  Why not generate a ton of money to pay players in this new NIL universe???  Why not get rid of the NCAA and solve realignment in one fell swoop????    I don't know but may be this would be a start.

At the end of 2020 there were 128 FBS schools in ten conferences and Independents.  Once the Big XII in cannibalized as you outlined, dissolve the Sun Belt conference too and incorporate their members and the five Independents into four other 16 member conferences.  Like this:

Independents - Army, UMass, Liberty, and New Mexico St join the AAC; along with Kansas St to form a sixteen member AAC

Texas State, Louisiana, UL Monroe leave the Sun Belt for Conference USA to make sixteen

Troy, South Alabama, and Arkansas St leave the Sun Belt and join the Mountain West along with Independent BYU adding up to sixteen

Coastal Carolina, Appalachian St, Georgia St, and Georgia Southern leave the Sun Belt to join the Mid-American for sixteen

Then the 8 Super Conferences quit the NCAA and form a new 128 member organization (like the old CFA).  Each conference can then auction off television rights to the highest bidders.  ESPN, Fox, CBS, NBC, ABC, TBS, etc., will all drive up television revenue bidding on conference television packages.   Playoffs are the 12 best teams selected by committee.   Tie the Bowls in with conference CCGs and the playoffs and the quality games will generate mega television and Bowl payouts.  The conferences can also leverage other sports to drive up television revenue.

Almost everyone would not have a legitimate complaint about this set up because of the money it would generate and the fact that everyone is included.  Then College Football will look like this:

PAC 16

USC
UCLA
Stanford.
California
Washington
Washington St
Oregon
Oregon St

Arizona
Arizona St
Utah
Colorado
Oklahoma St
Texas Tech
TCU
Baylor
Big 16

Ohio St
Michigan
Michigan St
Penn St
Indiana
Purdue
Rutgers
Maryland

Nebraska
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Iowa
Northwestern
Illinois
Kansas
Iowa St
SEC

Alabama
Georgia
Florida
Auburn
Tennessee
South Carolina
Kentucky
Vanderbilt

Texas
Oklahoma
LSU
Arkansas
Texas A&M
Missouri
Mississippi
Mississippi St
ACC

Clemson
Florida St
Miami
Georgia Tech
North Carolina
North Carolina St
Duke
Wake Forest

Notre Dame
Boston College
Syracuse
Louisville
Pittsburgh
Virgin Tech
Virginia
West Virginia
AAC

Cincinnati
UCF
East Carolina
Temple
Navy
Army
Massachusetts
Liberty

Tulsa
Memphis
SMU
Houston
Tulane
Southern Florida
Kansas St
New Mexico St
USA

Marshall
Florida Atlantic
Western Kentucky
Charlotte
Middle Tennessee
Florida International
UAB
Southern Mississippi

UTEP
UTSA
North Texas
Rice
Louisiana Tech
Texas State
Louisiana
UL Monroe

Mountain West

San José State
Boise State
Nevada
San Diego State
Hawaii
Fresno State
Air Force
Wyoming

New Mexico
Colorado State
Utah State
UNLV
BYU
Troy
South Alabama
Arkansas State
Mid-American

Buffalo
Kent State
Miami (OH)
Ohio
Akron
Bowling Green
Toledo
Ball State

Western Michigan
Central Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Northern Illinois
Coastal Carolina
Appalachian State
Georgia State
Georgia Southern

Nvm I’m an idiot 

Edited by Gidnik

4 minutes ago, TexasBeta said:

The whole "So what happens to the LHN dumpster fire"  

I don't understand. We got paid, we get paid every year.. right? LHN looses money for ESPN.. man that's sucks for them but we get paid .. right? So ESPN makes a bad business decision and somehow that's on us? 

I would guess its the risidual aggy narrative that the LHN was the reason they left the big 12 cause mean ol Texas wouldnt let them be a part of the network...

nevermind that we literally offered the fucking Aggys to be part of the Texas Network... and they told us to go pound sand... 18 months later its somehow the fucking straw that broke their back and forced them to leave. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So is it your contention that UT softball is historically an NCAA power, like say volleyball or women's swimming & diving or track & field?  (Purposefully ignoring women's basketball.)
Nope... Just odd to say they underperform every year a month and a half after they made super regionals.

I pray we sat and listened then come Monday morning at the earliest possible time submit our letter notifying the conference we are out. There is nothing they can say, in my opinion, that would change my mind regarding leaving. I'm done watching KSU, BU, TT and the rest of these teams.

• Hook 'Em 4

31 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I flew back to Austin from a business trip that night.  Got home, flipped on the game 3/4 of the way through . . . that was the biggest WTF moment of my life.

I was a freshman, I had gone home to Dallas that weekend for some reason don't remember since I had been home the week earlier for OU.  Cowboys were playing the Eagles early that Sunday (remember that Rice game was on a Sunday) and Texas-Rice was later.  We were coming off the Stonie Clark game where JB had his coming out so I thought "well I will stick around and watch this Cowboys game as that's a tough premier match up and then I will drive back to Austin and listen to the Texas game because yea it's fucking Rice."  What a miserable fucking trip.  Got back to Jester (after the walk from the C lot that used to be where the soccer stadium is now) in time to see us finish off that shit show.  

Cowboys whipped the Eagles ass. But that was back before Jerry had completed his demolition job.

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Fire Bjork

3,269 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by PDLPc/o2005

94 Aggie

Fire Bjork. He was either surprised and did not know what was happening or worse he was willing to sleep with the enemy rather than expose them. Remove all the SEC branding from our uniforms, Kyle Field, etc. Nothing special about the SEC anymore. It's a money grab, we might as well let Michigan, Ohio State, Florida State and Clemson join, too.

we will likely never learn what caused sharp to go cornholio, but it is absolutely crystal that bjork was dispatched to hoover to throw sharp's temper tantrum on sharp's behalf