Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'm not sure what people are expecting here. "Thanks for the memories guys, good luck!"

They've put us in the shittiest of positions. I understand why they did it, doesn't mean our administrators are supposed to just lie down and thank them for their service. We're actively looking for a P5 home. I don't think we will because the metrics of this shit is dumb as fuck, but whatever. I'm ready to give up on football and hope our basketball and baseball teams find a place where they can still be relevant based on current trajectories.

The silly line about OU being drug into this by Texas is laughable. OU wanted to leave and they're fine with us being the bad guys. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'm not sure what people are expecting here. "Thanks for the memories guys, good luck!"

They've put us in the shittiest of positions. I understand why they did it, doesn't mean our administrators are supposed to just lie down and thank them for their service. We're actively looking for a P5 home. I don't think we will because the metrics of this shit is dumb as fuck, but whatever. I'm ready to give up on football and hope our basketball and baseball teams find a place where they can still be relevant based on current trajectories.

Thanks for the memories!  Good luck!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

The silly line about OU being drug into this by Texas is laughable. OU wanted to leave and they're fine with us being the bad guys. 

Everyone knows that, it's a fun jab at them for being shitty. You guys supposedly hate OU too. I get your current alliance about money, but come on, fuck ou.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Street Wall GIF

Edited by Rockethorn1978
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Thanks for the memories guys, good luck!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tonesky said:

LSU office mate has advised me that (1) outsiders view UT and aggy alumni/fans as being pretty much the same, and (2) we had better come to the SEC humbly and without ridiculous demands like horns down being a taunting penalty.....  I sure hope Sark rights this ship in a hurry and that our first spin around the SEC dance floor sets him and them straight.

They’ll know the difference soon enough. 

my personal attitude is ‘fuck y’all suck but it’s ok, the party has arrived. Give my regards to your mother’

FF5793F3-A981-4CA3-960E-6B7A955F1207.gif

Edited by Doc Reeves

1 hour ago, Tonesky said:

I'm not sure there is really an equivalent to horns down, and, if there is going to be a ban on taunting (which probably prevents a few brawls), horns down directed at a horn player surely qualifies.  But, ultimately it is about winning.  If we are pounding LSU or aggy on their home field, I laugh at their horns down. 

The horns down penalty issue arose when a Texas player was penalized for doing a Guns Up down after scoring at Tech. Texas' and Mack Brown's position was that if we get penalized for that, other schools should be penalized for the horns down.

Blithering repetition from dishonest Aggies and other idiots stated the issue as Texas getting it's feelings hurt over the horns down and asking for the penalty out of nowhere. Incorrect. Texas merely sought consistency.

And the Aggies accuse us of distortion, whisper campaigns, and dishonesty.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I agree to an extent. If it’s done on the field, like on your way into the end zone for a TD or conversion (a la WVU) or standing over someone after a big hit/sack, it most certainly should be flagged. If a guy is running off the field after a stop or turnover and does it toward their sideline or fans, meh, let it go.

But one thing officials (especially in the Big 12) don’t get is nuance. Leaving something to interpretation usually isn’t a recipe for success.

Player should be off the field and on his sideline completely before doing "horns down" to fans, TV cameras, whatever. Otherwise, by rule, it's taunting.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Any chance the SEC brass join the aggy conference call today? 😁

Aggy: Tsips. Those whorns! Mother fuckers. Let’s burn down their stadium. We’ll storm the capitol! This aggression will not stand. We will take all their tech companies out of Austin. We’ll bankrupt their town. We’ll get their AAU grant taken away. We’ll steal Bevo and train Reveille to ride it. We’ll strike absolute  fear in the heart of every SEC school and their fan base. We’ll take the Corps of Cadets and invade the UT Golf Club and make it our second home base…

SEC (after privately listening on a hidden device): What y’all just said has to be some of the most insanely idiotic things we’ve ever heard and we would know…we listen to Finebaum 5 days a week. At no point in your rambling incoherent rant did you utter anything even remotely close to a rational thought. The whole damn conference is now dumber for having to listen to it, and that bar is pretty fucking low. You’re gonna be in the Hate Pod, you will be awarded the toughest schedule we can dream up for the next decade and may God have mercy on your delusional souls. <click>

To borrow the joke from the soccer people when they use the "Group of Death" during World Cup years....

"The Pod of Death!"  -- except their podmates won't include Germany and Brazil.  Lulz.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Depraved said:

Would sharp getting fired affect us in any way?

As I understand it we like Sharp.  He is a good operator in the legislature and has been a good ally in funding battles.

The truly connected aggies that see more than a rivalry in all this love him and value his ability to make the legislature play ball.

I can't imagine he didn't know about this. Nor do I think there is a chance in hell they remove him over it.  Senator Kolkhorst got on his bad side about not fighting hard enough for A&M initiatives a few years ago and he completely black balled her, no A&M program invites, no extension programs, heck she didn't even get an invite to the Washington County 4-H banquet.  Lois got the message before the next session.  

Who knows Bjork might get canned as a sacrificial offering to the mob, but I genuinely believe he was clueless.

Loftin is a joke.  He was a joke at A&M which is why Sharp ran him out of town and he was an even bigger joke at Missouri.  He is the epitome of a jock sniffer.  Now he is in some kind of partnership with Texags or whatever but is considered a valid source on merger talk...

3 hours ago, theBigHen said:

I have friends and relatives bombarding me with texts telling me how Texas is the bad guy and how we have fucked everyone in the conference over. Can someone provide me a brief and factual retort to this that will shut them up? 

How about "So? "

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Loftin is a joke.  He was a joke at A&M which is why Sharp ran him out of town and he was an even bigger joke at Missouri.  He is the epitome of a jock sniffer.  Now he is in some kind of partnership with Texags or whatever but is considered a valid source on merger talk...

You don't say...

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fs.hdnux.com%2Fphotos%2F01%2F20%2F70%2F51%2F21203556%2F3%2F1200x0.jpg&sp=1627336843T6fb1cb3153da75ca8422ddc4303c7cabb672df45872dd0f2a1b9a39d21949012

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, theBigHen said:

I have friends and relatives bombarding me with texts telling me how Texas is the bad guy and how we have fucked everyone in the conference over. Can someone provide me a brief and factual retort to this that will shut them up? 

tenor-19.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

That's how you do it.  Yea you are disappointed, yea you can't say nothing but spend the majority of the time talking up your own shit.....build your own brand.  Maybe this guy gets it.  

Maybe Tech has a landing spot and Oklahoma State does not.