Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

7 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

5. We're finally rid of Baylor and Ann Richards isn't alive to save them by peddling influence or blocking any conference mergers

It wsa written on this thread at least a hundred pages back but just to correct the record, Ann Richards had nothing to do with Baylor forcibly entering their way into the B12. Baylor's co-conspirators were Bob Bullock, Rob Junell and Pete Laney.

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Counterpoint:  in the decade he's been Chancellor, A&M (B/CS) has expanded from 50K students to 71K students.  It is clearly damaging their academic reputation, to the point where a lot of people now think UT-Dallas is the second most reputable public school in the state.

Totally agree with this.  Sharpe has turned A&M into a diploma mill.  Ridiculously easy to get into.

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Counterpoint:  in the decade he's been Chancellor, A&M (B/CS) has expanded from 50K students to 71K students.  It is clearly damaging their academic reputation, to the point where a lot of people now think UT-Dallas is the second most reputable public school in the state.

Counterpoint- in the decade he's been chancellor A&M has basically gotten whatever they wanted out of the legislature.  The system as a whole, not just the university.  Their appropriations from the lege have been ridiculous to see come through and as I said he has even assisted us a time or 2...

I mean the things at the state level that have been moved under the A&M system umbrella that used to be standalone agencies is impressive under Sharp.  I keep waiting to see the lege move TDA under A&M just to get rid of the assat that is currently running it.

3 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Pendejo speaks...

Oh wow, an online poll that is already heavily skewed toward only aggie responders located inside of a fucktard echo chamber, I wonder what the outcome will be

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Uh, the Big 12 commissioner statement from one week ago demonstrates the little eight were wholly unprepared. 

Wait, so now you think Bob Bowlsby was speaking truth? Come on. We've all known this was a likelihood starting ten years ago. ESPN wasn't going to keep paying you guys crazy money for a single team network. It was clearly a bandaid. Programs have spent a lot of money on facilities the last ten years hoping it would help when this happened. That wasn't a coincidence.

2 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

So, what’s to keep the remaining Big 12 teams from taking all the buyout money, then breaking up into other conferences?

Uncertainty, its the classic prisoners dilemma  . 

Do you wait an uncertain amount of time to wait for an uncertain amount of payout and risk entry into a new conference, or do you take the opportunity in hand to land somewhere to keep whatever payday you've lined up humming ? 

10 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I guess they are too afraid to include OU…lulz. They really are trying to befriend them…lmao.

It's from the Lone Star Showdown twitter account. That was the stupid stat tracker that showed how badly Texas kicked the shit out of aggy each year, that they never won. Maybe they one once, maybe. Nobody really gave a shit about it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tonesky said:

LSU office mate has advised me that (1) outsiders view UT and aggy alumni/fans as being pretty much the same, and (2) we had better come to the SEC humbly and without ridiculous demands like horns down being a taunting penalty.....  I sure hope Sark rights this ship in a hurry and that our first spin around the SEC dance floor sets him and them straight.

tell him we said, "fuck you corn dog smelling coonass."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wow.  Didn't realize they pushed that number???  

I was thinking more about their system vs the mothership.  If aggy is going to gain any traction against UT,  it will have to be a continued effort to improve their schools in their system.   And as someone who as a student or now has kids of his own in both the UT or A&M systems, I can tell you hands down UT is still very much ahead in the systems part too.  But when Sharp came on board as Chancellor, he put more attention and resources into some of their systems schools.   A few others still need more, but it was much better than the "If we have to take them" attitude A&M had in the late 80's when they took on the South Texas University System which was urged on by the State Legislature back then.  It only inflamed aggy more when they forced the three South Texas schools to drop their names in favor of Texas A&M ---------.   The BOR and Chancellor really didn't give the three the time of day much less a real increase in meaningful funding until the state came in with the MALDEF settlement. 

I know that the remaining 8 may not be likely to make as much money but I truly believe they will find good spots. Following all the Twitter the past several days it’s hard to believe that most won’t be in maybe a better position for their programs to survive. Or maybe I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue? I just see this move by TX/OU as speeding things up to the 4/5 conferences thing. Lots of things are going down right now. We just don’t know about most of it. I appreciate the Mountain West actually making a fucking statement instead of partnering with potato chips are snorting around about only AAU schools. At least they are paying attention. You get the sense the B1G and PAC 12 think it’s still 2018. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Best statement I've seen. 

Agree.  Very professional.  

Shares facts about the state of Texas Tech, notes upward trajectory and pride in the direction it is going.  Notes that he will always act in the best interest of the university, its athletics department, and its affiliates.

It's almost like Schovanec realized that shitting on Texas and OU might not really help his cause.  And he decided to stifle whatever tantrum he had brewing (if any at all) until he cooled off.

Again, very professional. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I clicked on those guys talking for 20 seconds and all I heard was….  “They think this is the same atm as it was in 2011 and it’s not”.  Blah blah blah ect basically we SEC so even though we are about .500 vs power 5 schools since joining the SEC we are superior to all of the big 12.  Just delusional shit like always.  

3 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Wow.  Didn't realize they pushed that number???  

I was thinking more about their system vs the mothership.  If aggy is going to gain any traction against UT,  it will have to be a continued effort to improve their schools in their system.   

Why improve the school systems when you can turn out hordes of brain washed mouth breathing voters?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I know that the remaining 8 may not be likely to make as much money but I truly believe they will find good spots. Following all the Twitter the past several days it’s hard to believe that most won’t be in maybe a better position for their programs to survive. Or maybe I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue? I just see this move by TX/OU as speeding things up to the 4/5 conferences thing. Lots of things are going down right now. We just don’t know about most of it. I appreciate the Mountain West actually making a fucking statement instead of partnering with potato chips are snorting around about only AAU schools. At least they are paying attention. You get the sense the B1G and PAC 12 think it’s still 2018. 

Glue.gif.aba8f19ae9065be9b5d13931193a67e4.gif

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Nebraska left for one reason and one reason only - 1-9. That's it. They can claim a million other reasons, but they left because Tom Osborne was angry that Texas was a power in the conference and owned them, so when he got a chance to bail, he took it. Nebraska took their ball and went home. Now they sit powerless and irrelevant without a recruiting base and without any other program giving any fucks. Fuck them and fuck any equivocating about why they left.

This.  The Big 12 was arguably 1b to the SEC's 1a when Nebraska ran away.  If they had stayed put we never flirt with the PAC, A&M probably never goes to the SEC, Bowlsby never get brought in as a brain dead corpse, and who knows maybe we are currently raiding the pac to get to 16.....

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2