Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This fucking thread adds a page every 15 minutes. I come back looking to catch up and then feel bad responding to shit that people wrote only a few hours ago. That said ...

Nebraska left for one reason and one reason only - 1-9. That's it. They can claim a million other reasons, but they left because Tom Osborne was angry that Texas was a power in the conference and owned them, so when he got a chance to bail, he took it. Nebraska took their ball and went home. Now they sit powerless and irrelevant without a recruiting base and without any other program giving any fucks. Fuck them and fuck any equivocating about why they left.

You're normally a fine poster here, but get a grip. People hate sissies. Nobody will shag you if you're crying all the time. 

Maybe if OSU would show up, oh, I don't know, more than once every 20 fucking years and beat OU then people would see things differently. You guys fucking choked every time you possibly could and opened the door for OU to the conference title every fucking time you did it. It's been fucking worse than Texas sucking against them. You're often not even close when it happens. It paints you as perennial also-rans and not worth the fucking hassle for something like big boy realignment. 

Beyond that, you guys benefitted from the most corrupt officiating event I have witnessed since Roy Jones "lost" in the 1988 Seoul Olympics. That event alone reminded most of us why we fucking hate this conference as it stands now. It took 6 years for gratification, but many of our hopes have always been that we'd find a way out, and for those left behind, they seem to believe that they'll be just fine on their own anyway, so fuck'em.

Maybe that makes me and UT fans like me arrogant, but we have zero fucks left to give. We've been called JR Ewing or Darth Vader or Gordon Gekko by the rest of the fucking whiny fanbases out there for the last 30 years. Might as well have the money and power to go with it, I guess. 

You are losing your fucking grip if you think "everyone was prepared", dude. That position is flatly laughable and indefensible.

So, Nebraska painted themselves into a corner…and the paint’s still wet?

39 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Best statement I've seen. 

6 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

Agree.  Very professional.  

Shares facts about the state of Texas Tech, notes upward trajectory and pride in the direction it is going.  Notes that he will always act in the best interest of the university, its athletics department, and its affiliates.

It's almost like Schovanec realized that shitting on Texas and OU might not really help his cause.  And he decided to stifle whatever tantrum he had brewing (if any at all) until he cooled off.

Again, very professional. 

Might need to poach him as an assistant AD....

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, RiceOwl said:

Sure-I agree with those articles.

I'm just not sure there's evidence that the counterfactual (a worsened football product) would "erase" those gains. 

Rice and SMU have mostly sucked at football since the SWC (and Rice since 1960) yet both remain fine universities. 

I agree with your point, but you need to re-think SMU; I have 4 extended family members that bought their master’s degrees there (yes, I meant “bought”).  Academic integrity?  Not their strong suit………

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, theBigHen said:

I have friends and relatives bombarding me with texts telling me how Texas is the bad guy and how we have fucked everyone in the conference over. Can someone provide me a brief and factual retort to this that will shut them up? 

Tell your  friends that they are absolutely  right.  Texas is evil and definitely the bad guy in this situation.  Texas should continue to not only subsidize 8 of its competitors, but also make critical strategic decisions on its future based solely on the best interests of those competitors just like that other uber successful team/company/organization.  You know the one…I can’t remember the name of it, but you know the one I am talking about! 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This fucking thread adds a page every 15 minutes. I come back looking to catch up and then feel bad responding to shit that people wrote only a few hours ago. That said ...

Nebraska left for one reason and one reason only - 1-9. That's it. They can claim a million other reasons, but they left because Tom Osborne was angry that Texas was a power in the conference and owned them, so when he got a chance to bail, he took it. Nebraska took their ball and went home. Now they sit powerless and irrelevant without a recruiting base and without any other program giving any fucks. Fuck them and fuck any equivocating about why they left.

You're normally a fine poster here, but get a grip. People hate sissies. Nobody will shag you if you're crying all the time. 

Maybe if OSU would show up, oh, I don't know, more than once every 20 fucking years and beat OU then people would see things differently. You guys fucking choked every time you possibly could and opened the door for OU to the conference title every fucking time you did it. It's been fucking worse than Texas sucking against them. You're often not even close when it happens. It paints you as perennial also-rans and not worth the fucking hassle for something like big boy realignment. 

Beyond that, you guys benefitted from the most corrupt officiating event I have witnessed since Roy Jones "lost" in the 1988 Seoul Olympics. That event alone reminded most of us why we fucking hate this conference as it stands now. It took 6 years for gratification, but many of our hopes have always been that we'd find a way out, and for those left behind, they seem to believe that they'll be just fine on their own anyway, so fuck'em.

Maybe that makes me and UT fans like me arrogant, but we have zero fucks left to give. We've been called JR Ewing or Darth Vader or Gordon Gekko by the rest of the fucking whiny fanbases out there for the last 30 years. Might as well have the money and power to go with it, I guess. 

You are losing your fucking grip if you think "everyone was prepared", dude. That position is flatly laughable and indefensible.

I am but a humble poster in this village, but will work very hard to obtain enough rep with which to ply you with, good sir. Until the 'morrow.

Fucking this, dude. They MAY have had contingency plans in place, BUT none were anywhere close to thinking they would need them this soon. I bet at most they thought they would hear rumblings or maybe that they'd get a heads up from a reporter that found out and they would have time to put something together/ducks in a row, but not within 6 days time, homie. As Texas fans, we are still reeling from the news/change and are still trying to make sense of it and we are going to be fine. Sincerely, good luck. I never minded  the Pokes or Cyclones and I hope they get into good situations now and down the road.

Baylor, Tech, and TCU can eat a big shit sandwich. Do you know why? Because those dipshits are the shit-talkingest, whiniest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse and they thought they could keep talking shit thinking that we had to sit here and take it. Welp, let's see how that strategy works out for them.

Like, Chris Rock said, "A man University is as faithful as his options."

24 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Bullshit!  I don’t believe it!  Cause that dumbass yankee fan here told us about 15 times it definitely isn’t going to happen, then it changed to it’s definitely not happening that fast.  I guess he’s wrong again. 

6ECF38BD-F2E9-43BC-A9FE-9654FB5B091B.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

Bullshit!  I don’t believe it!  Cause that dumbass yankee fan here told us about 15 times it definitely isn’t going to happen, then it changed to it’s definitely not happening that fast.  I guess he’s wrong again. 

6ECF38BD-F2E9-43BC-A9FE-9654FB5B091B.gif

We need to make sure Tennessee and Ole Miss are on the schedule for Arch’s first year.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

It’s hilarious seeing so many sec fans talk about being a good partner and fitting in with the family etc. They’re going to find out real quick we didn’t join to suck their dicks like aggy did. Fuck the Big 12. Fuck the SEC. Fuck everyone not named Texas. We are positioning ourselves for future conquest, not to sing Florida Georgia line with a bunch of self inflated queers that cheer for each other. 

I don't think the good teams in the SEC really do that all that much. Seems like its the teams like aggy, the misses, etc. who do that constantly.

7 hours ago, mdmost said:

Ha from the guy pumping up aggy as being the team this year after losing by 28 to Bama last year. 

Yeah. That fabricated score seems a whole helluva lot closer to what bama usually hangs on the ags than anything they’ve hung on the horns. Of course looch considers aggy part of bama so I guess that’s why he’s so excited.  Also, looch, you off kilter face having cocksucker, UT is back.  Back to having a better version of every single thing you have.  Every. Single. Thing. 

The smoking musket has an interesting take. They were pissed off by the concessions offered to UT/OU by the Big 12 (RIP) this Saturday to get them to stay at the expense of the other 8. They were more frustrated with the Big 12 lack of vision and leadership etc…When you see Bowlsby and his statement right before all this went down that’s understandable. Via their Twitter also. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I love how aggy is now so high and mighty after a decade of doing fuck all in the SEC. How long do they think it will actually take us to go back to kicking their ass on a regular basis?
On Texaggy I've seen estimates ranging from 2 to 5 seasons..lulz
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tonesky said:

I'm not sure there is really an equivalent to horns down, and, if there is going to be a ban on taunting (which probably prevents a few brawls), horns down directed at a horn player surely qualifies.  But, ultimately it is about winning.  If we are pounding LSU or aggy on their home field, I laugh at their horns down. 

Yeah.  Who cares.  Can we still yell Poooor aggy and OU Sucks!  Horns down is silly.  It's like aggy using the familiar tu form when everybody knows you use usted with your daddy

• Haha 1

Just occurred to me we won all our road games last year (Tech, Okie Lite, Kansas State). Lets make it a cool Big 12 sweep on our way out. F'em. 
Big12 zebras have no issue hosing us at home, how do you think away games will go this year?
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Yeah.  Who cares.  Can we still yell Poooor aggy and OU Sucks!  Horns down is silly.  It's like aggy using the familiar tu form when everybody knows you use usted with your daddy

I think the Horns Down thing is silly and it should be allowed. Most the time it’s done prematurely by the opposition and we rally and win. 

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

What would even be the point of this?

A whole lot of nothing, they can’t do anything until 2023 unless Abbott calls another special session and adds this to the call, and Nelson already announced she is not running for re-election (she’s retiring after a long time in the senate). 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tonesky said:

LSU office mate has advised me that (1) outsiders view UT and aggy alumni/fans as being pretty much the same, and (2) we had better come to the SEC humbly and without ridiculous demands like horns down being a taunting penalty.....  I sure hope Sark rights this ship in a hurry and that our first spin around the SEC dance floor sets him and them straight.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I really don't give a flying fuck about horns down.  It just shows that they have no meaningful culture or traditions of their own, other then clowning ours.  Obsession noted.

• Hook 'Em 3