Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

No, man. Revisionist shit like "Sark knew" isn't helpful and isn't true. The lid on this was kept so tight that even the confidantes of those involved were surprised. The most anyone like CDC and Sarkisian knew was that Texas was looking at choices and had asked folks at their levels about their feelings on various conferences. 

Have you heard anything about Sark's reaction?

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You guys can stop handwringing over any of this. Texas and OU will be playing in 2022 in the SEC and the cost of what it takes to get there, if any, won't be coming out of any of our pockets and is already set aside.

Have you seen that dawgsports article about that? How did they get a source to say that?

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

No, man. Revisionist shit like "Sark knew" isn't helpful and isn't true. The lid on this was kept so tight that even the confidantes of those involved were surprised. The most anyone like CDC and Sarkisian knew was that Texas was looking at choices and had asked folks at their levels about their feelings on various conferences. 

I’m pretty impressed they kept it quiet as long as they did.

1 hour ago, Barbacoa said:

It’s hilarious seeing so many sec fans talk about being a good partner and fitting in with the family etc. They’re going to find out real quick we didn’t join to suck their dicks like aggy did. Fuck the Big 12. Fuck the SEC. Fuck everyone not named Texas. We are positioning ourselves for future conquest, not to sing Florida Georgia line with a bunch of self inflated queers that cheer for each other. 

This guy gets it. 

Texas and OU are about to take a big steaming piss on this whole pump ump the conference, cult of personality bullshit.

And it's going to be awesome. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Not a Sock said:

Using what’s left of LHN contract to payout our leaving of the conference would just the greatest fuck you. “Here you go Big 12 members you always wanted a cut of the LHN and now you finally got it”

don't think that's possible. it was a back end loaded contract and most of that money is probably gone.  If ESPN allows that, then damn!

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You guys can stop handwringing over any of this. Texas and OU will be playing in 2022 in the SEC and the cost of what it takes to get there, if any, won't be coming out of any of our pockets and is already set aside.

We getting that ESPN money for our buyout?? 

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I dont know when Sark found out, but I was told he knew and I believe it. I threw UM in there because unsurprisingly he told us we had to get out of the Big 12 in order to recruit. 

You're just the guy to kill me for saying something like this, but if Sark doesnt work out (I think its a coin flip at best) we will go right back to the UM well. I was told as long as he is willing to coach we will be interested, and he told us to keep his number so to speak. 

Also curious if you've ever heard that we knew he wasn't coming here but we were surprised to see him take the Jags job. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

They’ll know the difference soon enough. 

my personal attitude is ‘fuck y’all suck but it’s ok, the party has arrived. Give my regards to your mother’

FF5793F3-A981-4CA3-960E-6B7A955F1207.gif

When we force them to accept LHN and LHN2 and LHN+ they will know who runs the show.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

No clue. Been slammed, so just trying to keep up with all of this on here as a fan as it pertains to recruiting and team right now.

Just the headline on here at some point, so not sure what all is said in there. If they're saying something similar to what I relayed, who knows? I'm sure they've begun working on applying as much pressure in as many ways as they can to force the dissolution of the Big 12 or a happy settlement for both programs to leave soon. I'm sure the Big 12 is dicklessly posturing, meanwhile every program is attempting to sort out its options, the least attractive of which is undoubtedly keeping the Big 12 intact in some sort of absurd stalemate for months on end. 

Think about the choices, actually:

1) Do nothing. Wait to get paid by OU and Texas, then negotiate with media, collect dollars, dissipate into nothingness as other things get firmed up. (This seems the most on-brand for the Tagalong 8 and Bowlsby, yet also the worst choice.)

It feels like this is the current plan. 

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

-Baylor goes AAC and convinces themselves that they meant to do that;

-ISU needs to find some sort of unscrupulous move that unlocks the ability for them to blackmail their way into the Big 10, such as luring the Big 10 West division to a party in Ames, plying all attending presidents with roofies, and then photographing all of them getting pegged by NowThis' wife and KarenKeyLargo;

-KSU should just admit that they're functional retards who haven't even been trying for almost the entirety of the last two decades and their body is ready to join the Big Sky Conference. (I assume some of these moves will eventually get attempted.)

Wordsmith—that was perfect. I also haven’t laughed like that since aggy briefly decided to launch an attack on the SEC Friday night. Awesomeness…not a wasted word. 🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, orangebird said:

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I really don't give a flying fuck about horns down.  It just shows that they have no meaningful culture or traditions of their own, other then clowning ours.  Obsession noted.

That's why its kind of surprising to see OU do it.

3 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

I dont know when Sark found out, but I was told he knew and I believe it. I threw UM in there because unsurprisingly he told us we had to get out of the Big 12 in order to recruit. 

You're just the guy to kill me for saying something like this, but if Sark doesnt work out (I think its a coin flip at best) we will go right back to the UM well. I was told as long as he is willing to coach we will be interested, and he told us to keep his number so to speak. 

Also curious if you've ever heard that we knew he wasn't coming here but we were surprised to see him take the Jags job. 

Like I said, he and Beard and CDC and a few around them have told folks since Wednesday that they were asked questions about their thoughts and told we'd be considered other options, but that's as concrete as anyone's been willing to admit it got for them. So I'll keep believing that he "knew" very little. Hell, I don't think most here are surprised we're leaving the Big 12. More about when and how, mostly.

I have no clue on the UM stuff, so maybe that one is right. If Sarkisian fails normally, versus in a drunken ball of hoboflames, I'd assume it unfolds over a 3-5 year period. A lot of shit can change between now and then and UM might not even be a top 5 option. Or he could be dead or winning Super Bowls. Also, hopefully it's irrelevant because Sarkisian has it all figured out.

Not on the UT end, but as things got confirmed that he'd dialed his interest levels way back, folks connected to agents started chattering that there was NFL movement. I don't think anyone took that seriously for a while. 

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

That’s a good question. We hired him in January and according to most news sources have only been engaged with the SEC for 6 months (or so they say.) it certainly is a different proposition: be our coach and win the big 12 vs we are going to join the sec that you just left…get ready. I hope that he’s got all his ducks in a row. We cannot afford to hire another coach in a few years. Fingers crossed that our HC/staff got this. I say this with the upmost respect…sobriety is tough and anyone who tries to rebuild their life I support. Hopefully, it’s not a concern at all. It’s not meant to be an insult. I never in my life thought we’d join the SEC and now that it is inevitable I just want to focus on hating my new conference and trying to win games. I don’t want any of that old frustration and pessimism and doubt about where we are headed. I just want to win. 🤘🏼

Well at least we have someone who has wrecked shop on SEC defenses. he shouldn't be too concerned once he gets his athletes

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Gidnik said:

no once we announced we were leaving we lost our vote on everything. 

What Sydney said, but also this can’t be right. Even being explicit that we’re leaving the conference at the end of the GoR term doesn’t make us a hostage without a vote or say in anything for the remainder of the term. 

8 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

the horns down discussion is the biggest crock of bullshit out there. we don't give a fuck if anyone does the horns down. you settle that shit on the field

I did care that we were being penalized for taunting, yet the horns down when it was used as a taunt wasn’t being penalized. Just want consistency.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Isn’t she politely saying that they don’t have to stay together because doing so would cost Kansas money?

I read it one way then read it another way.  Now I don’t know what the fuck that means and why their higher ed system is set up that way. 

If CTJ is right and Kansas is going to the American anyway, I guess it’s moot? If there’s one school that hasn’t been talked about from the Tagalong 8, it’s KSU. 

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Isn’t she politely saying that they don’t have to stay together because doing so would cost Kansas money?

That’s a very political way of saying they are leaving to join the Big 10 but they will not be sneaky about it. 

Edited by Newy25

3 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Lol I highly doubt jumbo said that but I do guarantee their highly educated fan base will believe a fake tweet.

Funny enough, I saw the Saban version later and immediately recognized it was fake. I actually believed Jimbo and aggy would be dumb enough to have his quote out there. 

4 minutes ago, Bigbend1812 said:

Docking?

Nah, its how you seal a deal or contract.

My uncle taught me about in when i was little. Well, he wasn’t really my ‘uncle’ he was just a friendly guy who hung around the playground after schoo… hey… wait a minute….

• Haha 2

Seems to me TX and OU would be better off cutting a check to West Virginia and Kansas/Iowa State/Oklahoma State for two of them to expedite their own conference realignment strategies than to the entire conference for exiting the conference as just two teams.  Especially since those schools will legit leave a week after they cash the check.

I think that’s tampering, but I like the gamesmanship

1 minute ago, alphahorn said:

I think a lot of what's left ends up in the AAC. And it isn't the end of the world with the expanded playoffs.  They'll turn it into a pretty good basketball league too if they Kansas and Baylor.

It's the end of the world. The big boys will break off at some point and lock conferences like the AAC out. Unless these schools land in the B10, PAC or ACC they'll have no shot at competing for a national championship in the not too distant future.

1 minute ago, jinx said:

That’s an actual big boy statement. Fuck it, we will land on our feet! 
Proud of you Tech

While I know this has to be a very uncertain time for the fans of all 8 schools (understandable emotions about the future) I refuse to believe they all end up on a scrap heap. This is all headed to super conferences. If I am AAC and MWC (both seem to be dialed in and are strategizing) I realize that merging may be the best option and getting some of the Big 12. Again, all that glue sniffing I’ve been doing has yet to wear off, but  I do think most are going to be fine. They might even be in a better situation to win shit…This will be a very interesting week to see what the other conferences will do. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Wordsmith—that was perfect. I also haven’t laughed like that since aggy briefly decided to launch an attack on the SEC Friday night. Awesomeness…not a wasted word. 🤘🏼

The AAC will pick up KSt almost instantly. Maybe ctj was going for humor but that will happen unless they go P4. I'd put a kidney on it. 

Inb4 ctj says "obviously I was kidding you ignoramus - whatever happens will be what I knew was going to happen all along"

Such are these things. 

• Haha 2