Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

1 hour ago, TexasRenegade said:

You mean for the bumfuck officials protecting Bama, Georgia, or florida?

One thing our players will have to get used to is they don't protect the players in the SEC.  Late hits on QBs and late hits out of bounds are not called unless they are really, really flagrant (like maybe once or twice a season).  Offensive holding on pass plays is called.  Offensive holding on running plays is not a penalty.

25 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Oh Looch here is how it went.

Text from a buddy of mine who has a semi decent connected dad

From whatever group text dad is on

Was talking to Quan. He talked to Luicci for 45 min last night. Apparently SEC brass told atm to get their shit together or they’ll force them out.

You all smeared shit all over yourself and the conference told you if any of it got on their shoes hell would be paid.

im not sure how much i believe this but its someone around 0% i want to believe tho

One thing our players will have to get used to is they don't protect the players in the SEC.  Late hits on QBs and late hits out of bounds are not called unless they are really, really flagrant (like maybe once or twice a season).  Offensive holding on pass plays is called.  Offensive holding on running plays is not a penalty.

That last part is excellent. We suck dick at holding on pass plays. OU on the other hand is world class.
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Fisher has lived this and thrived. He dominated both Florida and Miami while constructing a monster in Tallahassee and I can assure you he's looking at what he's already assembled in Aggieland and not worried in the slightest about playing the Sooners or Longhorns. Neither are his players. In fact, it's the opposite, as the Ags are counting the days until the Big 12 defectors arrive in the SEC.

Hmmm, guess he forgot about the part where FSU finished 5-6 in Jimbo's final season there, were set to go off a cliff, and A&M bailed him out with a massive contract.

I'll give Looch one thing, though - he is good at the grift.  He knows how to spin takes that the aggy faithful will slop right up like pigs at a trough.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

Holy fuck I just got done with dinner and this thing wrangled off a shitload of pages.

Can I get a summary of the aggy dingleberry meeting today? Did they finally cut off their nose to spite their faces or is it time for the ceremonial sucking of the SEC cocks?

11 minutes ago, bullet said:

Seems like no new news since page 50 except some SEC anonymous AD said they expected this to happen for 2022.

Cowboy aggy showed their aggy.  Sand aggy and Jayhawk acted like grownups.

Yeah I was in Mexico for the last two weeks & only heard the very basics of what was in the news. Heard aggy is all up in arms over us coming to the secsecsec (which is the height of irony given that those fucks didn't want us going there without them & haven't wanted to play us ever since). Any cliff's notes of more detailed main points or insider info not from Helobious in this thread would be greatly appreciated & repped.

Gracias, y'all!

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Looch Spin via LHF:

Humorous.  The guy was about to get fired at FSU and had been surpassed by Clemson.  If this aggy team looks like his championship FSU team, does that mean they have a rapist crab leg shoplifter as QB?

2 minutes ago, bullet said:

Humorous.  The guy was about to get fired at FSU and had been surpassed by Clemson.  If this aggy team looks like his championship FSU team, does that mean they have a rapist crab leg shoplifter as QB?

Does Jimbo have a guy to quote while his new old lady gets cuckholded?  Jameis was just misunderstood.  He was barking what he was told to do from Coach Jimbo who was in a raincoat in the corner of the bedroom. 

37 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Man Pete Thamel’s piece on UT on yahoo sports…he hates us to and to no surprise barely mentions OU except to say we nixed the 2016 expansion and that OU had interest in Cincy. That will be rank and file nobodies in the SEC and everyone is looking forward to that after our years of bullying when they aren’t worried about their own fates. Jeez…

If you've read Thamel you would know that all his Big 12 sources are OU.  He's just quoting someone from OU.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

People are always gonna hate us. The hit pieces come because we’ve been meadoker on the football field and when you have to churn out content left and right the hate coupled with the results is a god damn template in Microsoft Word for a sportswriter

Just win.

A lot of people just hate the state too.  Why?  We're TEXAS!!!!

30 minutes ago, bullet said:

Yep. His head coaching record outside of the years he had Winston is incredibly average. He’s definitely no offensive savant either.

• Like 1

I get giddy every time I think about gomer being left out of the conversation. Then when they get word, they think the best action is to leak the info, then have a BoR meeting to talk about how to punish the SEC, followed by a (let's suppose 😉) very one-sided phone call from Birmingham and then? All good! Let's see the sips play daddy ball!

Another good thing from all of this is gomer went down another peg amongst their peers. Good luck being taken seriously after that nice little shit show. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Yep. His head coaching record outside of the years he had Winston is incredibly average. He’s definitely no offensive savant either.

Will still be delicious when Jimbo spurns aggy to take the LSU job when Orgeron gets shown the door.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Been reading up on this stuff all day for the first time. It looks like we probably are moving conferences after this season, meaning I’d be wrong. Seems like the political hurdles aren’t as high as I thought. Also I was equating this to the Meyer hunt, but I guess trying to predict the actions of an individual person is very different than predicting the actions of large institutions. Whoops.

futurefist.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Man, what will the athletic department #'s look like after this move & new contract of 2024..?

Untitled.png

Much more..... much much MOAR! 

Like this:

image.png.79c6a3909af37477b40ea89b5b720037.png
(Palladium [Pd] bullion)

Or just little ol' this:

giphy-downsized-large_Gold.gif.dc23469e941ddc3257ee194a6835bac8.gif

Gold-pressed Latinum doesn't exist........ YET!  Maybe we'll invent it!  /DS9   Lulz.

• Like 1

Will still be delicious when Jimbo spurns aggy to take the LSU job when Orgeron gets shown the door.

I don’t see og being shown the door for jimbo.

One of the best parts of this not being discussed is all of the new much more bad ass road games that we’ll get to go to. No more Ames, Lubbock, Lawrence. Going to new joints to play these teams will be a lot of fun. The aggy tears are very rejuvenating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

Been reading up on this stuff all day for the first time. It looks like we probably are moving conferences after this season, meaning I’d be wrong. Seems like the political hurdles aren’t as high as I thought. Also I was equating this to the Meyer hunt, but I guess trying to predict the actions of an individual person is very different than predicting the actions of large institutions. Whoops.

What a concept. Reading up on a subject before expressing your opinion. I suggest you do more of it. @Helobious

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

One of the best parts of this not being discussed is all of the new much more bad ass road games that we’ll get to go to. No more Ames, Lubbock, Lawrence. Going to new joints to play these teams will be a lot of fun. The aggy tears are very rejuvenating

I'd choose all of those over Collie Station, will never step foot in that town again
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dewey said:

I get giddy every time I think about gomer being left out of the conversation. Then when they get word, they think the best action is to leak the info, then have a BoR meeting to talk about how to punish the SEC, followed by a (let's suppose 😉) very one-sided phone call from Birmingham and then? All good! Let's see the sips play daddy ball!

Another good thing from all of this is gomer went down another peg amongst their peers. Good luck being taken seriously after that nice little shit show. 

kermit.gif.2a740330158d38f01c29c54e3579d745.gif

31 minutes ago, Penche Gringo said:

Nailed it!!!

AE55138F-B4E7-4663-B6CD-B9852E234BDB.jpeg

A5A5A384-C309-4E33-B72B-A06EC78FE0EE.jpeg

It’s hilarious how accurate this is. I’m over it. These fucks are always bitching and blaming Texas for everything. Dobbs pushed for a conference network and these twats voted no. Now they bitch about LHN. They’re bitching and carrying on about Horns down even though taunting has been a penalty for like 10 years. They’re pushing this narrative about Texas having favorable refs despite us being like the second most penalized team in the conference the past five seasons. I honestly don’t feel bad at all about leaving this shitty conference and letting the other teams scramble for relevance. Fight or flight bitches

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

-ISU needs to find some sort of unscrupulous move that unlocks the ability for them to blackmail their way into the Big 10, such as luring the Big 10 West division to a party in Ames, plying all attending presidents with roofies, and then photographing all of them getting pegged by NowThis' wife and KarenKeyLargo;

Larry Eustachy on line 1...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

So you want to give up 20 to 100 years of tradition to see Oxford Mississippi?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 19

1 minute ago, notre dame joe said:

We have more real tradition with OU, Arkansas and A&M than we do with the 8 remaining teams in the Big 12. 

But yeah... Oxford sounds nicer than Lubbock.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

What tradition?

The real tradition was the SWC, and that died almost thirty years ago. The Big 12 was just a shotgun marriage between SWC survivors and largely a bunch of Great Plains schools with no marketable TV base. It's been a dead conference walking for a decade now, so it's pretty hard to be sentimental about that.

The one tradition left worth caring about is that we still play Oklahoma.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1