Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

12 hours ago, Chopper said:

It wsa written on this thread at least a hundred pages back but just to correct the record, Ann Richards had nothing to do with Baylor forcibly entering their way into the B12. Baylor's co-conspirators were Bob Bullock, Rob Junell and Pete Laney.

Almost forgot about Bob. Fuck him too. 

6 hours ago, Dewey said:

I get giddy every time I think about gomer being left out of the conversation. Then when they get word, they think the best action is to leak the info, then have a BoR meeting to talk about how to punish the SEC, followed by a (let's suppose 😉) very one-sided phone call from Birmingham and then? All good! Let's see the sips play daddy ball!

Another good thing from all of this is gomer went down another peg amongst their peers. Good luck being taken seriously after that nice little shit show. 

#WRTS 

4 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

So you want to give up 20 to 100 years of tradition to see Oxford Mississippi?

Actually we’ve already seen it. Now we just want  to go back on the reg. 
 See above

Edited by jTower
Beat me to it

8 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

So what's the timeline this week?

Today - Not extending Big 12 GoR
Tomorrow - Formally apply to SEC
Thursday - SEC Presidents vote to allow entry

What does that leave for Wednesday?

Some folks were wondering why the second BOR meeting? It just hit me Aggy wanted to delay the SEC Presidents vote by a day. They sure showed the SEC how tough they are for being left in the dark.

Bobby Burton

There is scuttlebutt that Texas and Oklahoma will officially apply to the Southeastern Conference later today.

One report, from WFAA in Dallas, says the duo will apply this morning.

I’ve heard similar things and I know Eric has as well. But I don’t have timing verified. Chances are, WFAA is right.

The week ahead could be monumental.

The steps:

1. Inform Big 12 of intent not to renew. (Done yesterday)

2. Apply to the SEC. (Today?)

3. SEC members vote on the application. (Looks like Thursday based on meetings that have been scheduled.)

Adjacent to the discussions above, Texas and OU are working on ways - mostly financial - to potentially expedite their departure from the Big 12.

While public statements have been made that the Horns are willing to meet their grant of rights through the 2025 season, there remains the likelihood of Texas leaving much sooner. Whether that occurs due to a larger shake-up of the Big 12 and its membership, financial considerations the Horns and Sooners are willing to pay, or a combination of both has yet to be determined.

There are more actors involved in that path than just Texas and OU alone that can and will impact the outcome.

I have been told by more than one source that ESPN is expected to play some role in expediting the departure from the Big 12. Whether that includes the money owed to Texas via the Longhorn Network agreement or an incentive to move to the SEC is unclear.

From ESPN’s side of things, they value LHN not necessarily as a stand-alone entity but they value the satellite feed it gives them

If the LHN goes away, perhaps it is replaced with an SEC West channel and the existing SEC Channel becomes an SEC East, or some variation of that.

Suffice to say, more news is expected this week publicly from Texas and OU as it relates to the admission into the SEC. And the wheels are turning behind the scenes to expedite that entrance for as soon as 2022.

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, Longboard Horn said:

Look at this bullshit. We all know aggy is leading the charge.

Texas legislature to block UT from leaving Big 12

Any legislation literally doesn't matter. It won't be put into special session so the earliest it could be done is 2023 spring with fall 2023 implementation. By then it's too late anyway....a lot of posturing and pomp and circumstance from these pussy ass cry baby legislatures from these programs who for years said they didn't need Texas.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 hours ago, fellside said:

We have more real tradition with OU, Arkansas and A&M than we do with the 8 remaining teams in the Big 12. 

But yeah... Oxford sounds nicer than Lubbock.

My experience is that in Oxford they offer you beer after beer. In Lubbock they throw it at you while your back is turned. Fuck Sand Aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

My experience is that in Oxford they offer you beer after beer. In Lubbock they throw it at you while your back is turned. Fuck Sand Aggy. 

I missed the last road trip to Oxford and have been sad about it ever since. My several trips to Lubbock were all a disaster and I'd rather forget. So yes, bring on Ole' Miss.

23 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Crossposting my rant from the A&M thread:

Also, I wish someone would create a statement from UT setting the record straight about the decades old bullshit mantra that Texas “destroyed” the SWC and now the Big 12.  If we claim to be a big swinging dick, then quit acting like a passive eunuch when it comes to public relations and enlightening the cfb world.

I hope someone here has archived the all the juvenile whining from the reactionary aggy officialdom last week including the hilarious 180 after someone told them what fools they made of themselves again.

“When your enemy's making mistakes, don't interrupt him.”

No sense responding to idiots -- just give them plenty of rope and stand back and enjoy "The aggy follies"

HOOK "EM  🤘 

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I hope someone here has archived the all the juvenile whining from the reactionary aggy officialdom last week including the hilarious 180 after someone told them what fools they made of themselves again.

Also, I wish someone would create a statement from UT setting the record straight about the decades old bullshit mantra that Texas “destroyed” the SWC and now the Big 12. 

I am getting sick and tired of ignorant sportswriters repeating that pack of lies perpetuated by aggy, corn, and the other sniveling dickwads. I think UT officials should hit the pr trail in the relevant media and tell the true side of the story instead of continuing to allow all those goddamned rubes & rabblerousers to smear the Good Guys. And that includes getting Deloss Dodds, if he is still mentally capable, on record of how events actually transpired with the other schools. There is no reason to allow clowns like that bowtie moron and others to dominate the public stage with their slimey sheepshitstained version of events.

If we claim to be a big swinging dick, then quit acting like a passive eunuch when it comes to public relations and enlightening the cfb world.

Maybe we could make a “documentary”. It seems to have worked for Aggy. Link: https://texags.com/s/14882/sec-ready

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, maninblack said:

Fran is salty

Texas is the founder and CEO of the business.

Aggy is your cousin's fat dimwitted kid that you put in the mailroom out of pity.  A few years later you fire aggy because he gave himself the title of "VP of Distribution Logistics" and he used his company credit card to buy subscriptions to Farmer's Weekly and Waffle House gift cards.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Also, I wish someone would create a statement from UT setting the record straight about the decades old bullshit mantra that Texas “destroyed” the SWC and now the Big 12. 

I am getting sick and tired of ignorant sportswriters repeating that pack of lies perpetuated by aggy, corn, and the other sniveling dickwads. I think UT officials should hit the pr trail in the relevant media and tell the true side of the story instead of continuing to allow all those goddamned rubes & rabblerousers to smear the Good Guys. And that includes getting Deloss Dodds, if he is still mentally capable, on record of how events actually transpired with the other schools. There is no reason to allow clowns like that bowtie moron and others to dominate the public stage with their slimey sheepshitstained version of events.

If we claim to be a big swinging dick, then quit acting like a passive eunuch when it comes to public relations and enlightening the cfb world.

The list of aggy dumbfuckery is so long, where does one start responding?

"Not a branch of UT"

"Highly esteemed military academy"

"Wealthiest public university in the world"

"Just like UT Austin"

"Multiple national championships"

"More officers during WWII than Annapolis and West Point combined"

"Only aggys ever have served their country"

"The finest fans in all college sports"

"Solved the mystery of alchemy"

"Perfected cold fusion"

"50 million doses of vaccine delivered within twelve weeks in case of flu pandemic"

That people can't see through the pure aggy bullshit amazes me. What would you have someone from the university say to begin trying to explain to people what they choose not to even try to verify for themselves.

At some point, you have to accept ignorant people will go through life believing in fairy tales.

• Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I'll say this.  I love people and organizations who think strategic and long term.  You should always do that in business and in life.  

That being said, props to both OU and Texas in all this.  They realized some years ago that their interests were intertwined and they were better together than apart.  They played the long game in trying to keep the Big 12 afloat but alas, they couldn't.  When they assessed that, they moved on in a joint fashion and managed their respective schools like a forward thinking corporation and not some group of emotional children like some other programs over the past 10 years.

Texas always takes heat for throwing our weight around and demanding everything. I imagine others can see it that way, but it's obviously 100% the opposite in this case. We joined with the only other top athletic program in the conference, and agreed that the sum was more than the parts. 

10 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

Ole Miss was a great trip!! As others have said, fuck Sand Aggy. Those tortilla throwing pieces of shit are terrible fans. 

Never went to Texas Tech road game because they are right up there with Ohio State as a shit fan base when one visits. Ole Miss was fun as hell. Still lets give TT credit for one thing.

300px-GAPkid.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

I missed the last road trip to Oxford and have been sad about it ever since. My several trips to Lubbock were all a disaster and I'd rather forget. So yes, bring on Ole' Miss.

Other than Texas/OU, the 2005 Big 12 Championship game, and a few bowls here and there, the only times I've traveled to see the Longhorns on the road were Colorado in 2004 and fucking Waco in 2005. 

Boulder was obviously a cool place to visit and I went with a friend who spent his undergrad days there.  Plus it was Halloween weekend, so the Friday night before the game we got to hang out with a bunch of undergrads who used Halloween as an excuse to dress like sloots.  

For Baylor, it was a short drive away, Baylor sucked ass that year so tickets were easy to buy, and the stadium was at least 50% burnt orange.  And it was the season of our title run, I knew that team was special, so I sucked it up to spend a few hours in Waco to cheer on my Horns.  Never had a desire to go back.

I've just never felt compelled to invest the time and money to see the Longhorns play in places like Lubbock, Stillwater, Lawrence, and Manhattan.

And as I'm older know, my time is more limited and don't see myself road-tripping to many SEC venues.  But I've been to two LSU games in Baton Rouge, and those were some of the best sporting events I've attended.  And I can see the attraction of making the trip to places like Baton Rouge, Oxford, Tuscaloosa, and Athens over many of the Big 12 venues. 

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I'll say this.  I love people and organizations who think strategic and long term.  You should always do that in business and in life.  

That being said, props to both OU and Texas in all this.  They realized some years ago that their interests were intertwined and they were better together than apart.  They played the long game in trying to keep the Big 12 afloat but alas, they couldn't.  When they assessed that, they moved on in a joint fashion and managed their respective schools like a forward thinking corporation and not some group of emotional children like some other programs over the past 10 years.

giphy.gif

out of rep

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

The list of aggy dumbfuckery is so long, where does one start responding?

"Not a branch of UT"

"Highly esteemed military academy"

"Wealthiest public university in the world"

"Just like UT Austin"

"Multiple national championships"

"More officers during WWII than Annapolis and West Point combined"

"Only aggys ever have served their country"

"The finest fans in all college sports"

"Solved the mystery of alchemy"

"Perfected cold fusion"

"50 million doses of vaccine delivered within twelve weeks in case of flu pandemic"

That people can't see through the pure aggy bullshit amazes me. What would you have someone from the university say to begin trying to explain to people what they choose not to even try to verify for themselves.

At some point, you have to accept ignorant people will go through life believing in fairy tales.

My rant was not about the truths of aggydom, it is about the bald-faced lies they have (and continue to) spread about UT’s behavior in the conference breakups & reshuffling. The SEC fans & officials can see through their claims about themselves, as they now have 10 years of first hand knowledge of their weird cult and “traditions”.

However, most of the media seem to be still carrying water for those lying goobers. I know some of them are just promoting clickbait, but there should be a few that are interested in real sports history, and not myths perpetuated by a cabal of paranoid little dicks.

• Hook 'Em 1

The LHN stuff is actually going to be one of the most enjoyable little sub-plots to this for folks that are paying attention. Which naturally won't be  the main stream media or Aggies. But I'd bet dollars to donuts that the end result of some form of all this is us playing in 2022, and ESPN basically using the LHN as a means to pay or eliminate or leverage to reduce our buyout to get the fuck out of the Big 12. Or the LHN as an overnight satellite feed to double content and SEC production that got the ball rolling on this deal...in other words, the much maligned and "shitty" LHN that everyone bitches about was one of the  main reasons we got into the SEC (we'd have gotten in regardless). 

The point is, as much as folks like to point and laugh at the guaranteed 15 million a year revenue stream we have, it's going to be hilarious to watch it play a pivotal role in us going to the SEC; either because it is a huge asset they want to leverage or because we're going to use it to basically leave the Big 12 without paying shit by 2022. The irony of the pronounced scapegoat of the fall of the Big 12 being a main instrument and asset to us getting into the SEC without paying shit on our own timeline is just delightful. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1