Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

46 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I am listening to Mark Passwaters on ESPNU XM radio right now.  It is unreal what these A&M assholes say and that the hosts don't respond back.  He went on how UT is so difficult to deal with and they destroyed the SWC and now the Big 12.  UT destroying the SWC is so untrue and I have yet to hear Aggies take on how UT destroyed that conference.  He went on about we are the most difficult school to deal with/we push everybody around and the SEC will not put up with our shit.   Every time this guy said something derogatory about UT the host just laughed it off and asked another question.  It's really fucking annoying.  Just forgetting that this guy is an Aggie, if you listen to the way he talks (and I guess all Aggies) it is the way LOSERS talk plain and simple.  Not losers in sports but losers in life.  Blaming everyone else for your issues and problems even though they had nothing to with them.  I hate that fucking loser attitude.  Own up to your shit and stop blaming everybody else. 

Welcome to every Looch appearance on Finebaum. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

My boss is a Nebraska grad and he opened our staff meeting with "Looks like Texas is blowing up a conference for the 3rd time." 

The two Texas Exs just bit our tongues and smiled.   The two Sooners were both like who gives a fuck.  The one OSU grad was panicking so I said they'll easily land in a big 4 once the chips all fall.   The Nevada grad was like "what are guys talking about?"

Sounds like your corn aggy boss is a dick....

2 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

My boss is a Nebraska grad and he opened our staff meeting with "Looks like Texas is blowing up a conference for the 3rd time." 

The two Texas Exs just bit our tongues and smiled.   The two Sooners were both like who gives a fuck.  The one OSU grad was panicking so I said they'll easily land in a big 4 once the chips all fall.   The Nevada grad was like "what are guys talking about?"

You guys should have just smirked

disaster-girl.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

There's a number of ways they CAN do it, but your example works. They still us us 15 million times X years remaining, which is probably close to, lets say 80 million dollars. They can easily just "buy" out that contract to repurpose all the assets and the channel to their new network. Oh hey, it's the cost of our buyout! That's one way to do it. 

My understanding is that the LHN agreement was back-loaded, so it's actually more than that.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Why did he say ou was an esteemed academic institution?  They pass out degrees like jolly ranchers there.  I accidentally grabbed an ou degree when I was on the ou campus.

That is not going to hold up at trial. Doomed

7 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Is there an upside about delaying at least until 2023 on the football side of the coin?

Again, devils argument could be made it would give the Horns some time to get  ready for the what the SEC and media likes to think is the toughest schedules in all of football mankind that each SEC team plays every season.    A year three under Sarks system with most of his recruits on the field in the best case scenario might put  the idiots mainly from A&M, but a few other SEC schools who think the Horns will be no better than Vandy their first year in the SEC in their place .  If we run through the BIG12, beat OU sux a couple of times and kick tail at least in a top tier bowl games or even make the playoff, that should shut up these fools real quick once the 2023 season comes around.

I don't want to speculate on the worse case.....   Too much of that we actually saw in real time under Tom and Charlie and going into a chapter three of this is gut kicker.

No, and we need to back away from this pussy way of thinking. It is very aggy.

We want to be in the SEC in 2022 so Bijan can win the Heisman in his last year in burnt orange and set the table for a decade of dominance like Ricky did.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I didn’t say UT has to sling mud.

It is not mudslinging when when presenting historical events in a rational, truthful manner. Since there are so many revisionists throwing bullshit out there, the fantasy is becoming history.

It doesn't have to be UT either.  It can be the beat writers or people that promote/work with UT athletics that can get booked on all of these TV/Radio shows and give a different side of the story that is all.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Why did he say ou was an esteemed academic institution?  They pass out degrees like jolly ranchers there.  I accidentally grabbed an ou degree when I was on the ou campus.

What, you put a quarter in a vending machine while passing through Norman?

9 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Is there an upside about delaying at least until 2023 on the football side of the coin?

Again, devils argument could be made it would give the Horns some time to get  ready for the what the SEC and media likes to think is the toughest schedules in all of football mankind that each SEC team plays every season.    A year three under Sarks system with most of his recruits on the field in the best case scenario might put  the idiots mainly from A&M, but a few other SEC schools who think the Horns will be no better than Vandy their first year in the SEC in their place .  If we run through the BIG12, beat OU sux a couple of times and kick tail at least in a top tier bowl games or even make the playoff, that should shut up these fools real quick once the 2023 season comes around.

I don't want to speculate on the worse case.....   Too much of that we actually saw in real time under Tom and Charlie and going into a chapter three of this is gut kicker.

The recruiting bump we would get this year and next will accelerate our timeline of getting back to where we belong. There is no good that will come from delaying, including more revenue when we move. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The coordination between UT, the land thieves and the SEC has been admirable. I'm a comms guy and it's been pretty fun to watch as everythign has been timed to coincide with whatever the parties have all agreed to already. 

I like to think aggy trying to torpedo actually expedited this by two or three years. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

The recruiting bump we would get this year and next will accelerate our timeline of getting back to where we belong. There is no good that will come from delaying, including more revenue when we move. 

Cough*EvanStewart*Cough

37 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Damn 

Shit's gettin' real, yo.

9 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

That deserved a response. "Come on, boss, I thought you were smarter than that."

14 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

It's going to be fucking divisions. Stop this shit. 

11 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Oh, Who could have fucking predicted this? 

8 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Starting 2025?  That’s trash 

See above, and also, for the 4th time this page pay better attention for fuck's sake. 

3 minutes ago, Speedway said:

agroids are self-immolating ...

Had an atm fan (she did not even attend atm) just tell me that Texas is already making demands of SEC:

1. Texas wants to keep the LHN and ESPN money

2. Texas wants a double share of TV contract day one

2. SEC has to change the conference name and move the office to Dallas

4. Cotton Bowl will be the permanent site of CCG (I asked her if she meant AT&T Stadium or State Fair Park, and she said, "Cotton Bowl.")

5. Texas wants a division with Oklahoma, Arkansas, atm, Missouri, Mississippi, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt (I told her that Jimbo would probably like that very, very much.)

6. Texas wants atm permanently scheduled on Thanksgiving Day; first one in Austin

7.  From now on conference members can only schedule D1 schools (I asked her if she meant FBS schools, and she said, "No, only big time schools.")

I also asked her if Texas was making any demands about NIL rules for the conference as a whole, and she said, "I haven't heard anything about academic demands."

and the hits just kept on coming ...

Listen, if you can't casually crush this shit on your  own, out of hand, you should kind of feel bad. Instead of going line by line, I'll simply ask why you're talking to this fucking idiot instead of appropriately shaming her. 

Why don't you fucking ask her where she's getting her information since she isn't even a graduate and clearly doesn't know shit about  college football. 

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

memes and aggie tears from their second BOR meeting.

Only a few t-shirt Aggie fans made a big deal about this. Our president and board were very classy and represented us all very well and accurately by saying we were fine with the merger and look forward to the future playing OU and that other school.

It's sip spin that we cared about this much at all. They were the ones who were upset and afraid, not us.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

It doesn't have to be UT either.  It can be the beat writers or people that promote/work with UT athletics that can get booked on all of these TV/Radio shows and give a different side of the story that is all.

Well, that would eliminate FCB and Kurt Bowels.

The more realistic play is for the AAC and Left-Behind 8 to join forces in some capacity. The only question is which league will raid the other.

Dumb question amnesty: Who determines what constitutes a P5 conference? Is that an official NCAA designation or something that just sort of came about in the media and general lexicon?

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

baiiiii bitch

Whatever keeps you warm at night, froggy.

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

Only a few t-shirt Aggie fans made a big deal about this. Our president and board were very classy and represented us all very well and accurately by saying we were fine with the merger and look forward to the future playing OU and that other school.

It's sip spin that we cared about this much at all. They were the ones who were upset and afraid, not us.

giphy.gif

Just now, SquishMitten said:

Dumb question amnesty: Who determines what constitutes a P5 conference? Is that an official NCAA designation or something that just sort of came about in the media and general lexicon?

General lexicon and a huge gulf in influence, history and resources. The AAC really isn't that far back purely on the football field.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, SquishMitten said:

Pie Face Herbstreit duh

1 minute ago, Armybrat said:

Well, that would eliminate FCB and Kurt Bowels.

I agree.  Chip and Kurt would go on these shows and talk about how mean and horrible UT is and how they destroy everything they touch including the SWC and Big 12.  I hate to say it but we could use some Looch’s that are more of the Baghdad Bob kind of propaganda.  Sad thing is they won’t have to lie but just tell the truth and the facts. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, jinx said:

No, and we need to back away from this pussy way of thinking. It is very aggy.

We want to be in the SEC in 2022 so Bijan can win the Heisman in his last year in burnt orange and set the table for a decade of dominance like Ricky did.

To clarify I want to go all in 2022.    Just thinking at what a compromise date might look like if indeed their are some in the SEC who demand it.

16 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

FF service industry sounds cut-throat. 

2 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

To clarify I want to go all in 2022.    Just thinking at what a compromise date might look like if indeed their are some in the SEC who demand it.

There isn't a compromise date because there won't be a compromise because that's what everyone not named a&m in the SEC demands. 

20 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

So is there any sneaky language in the contract that allows ESPN to come to the BIG XII and say such huge lame duck members makes things worth less so we are reducing payouts? Then Texas and OU say no, no and pretend to fight and accept less revenue and now they can afford to get out early. Probably not but it would would be so much fun if a bomb like that could be dropped on the remaining 8.

I don't know about "sneaky," but my understanding is that there is language allowing adjustments

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

This is the time of the morning where we chuckle at how the Pac 12 is run by morons.

George, I'm not really sure that Texas and Oklahoma moving from the Big 12 to the SEC has any affect whatsoever on the Pac-12 being the only P5 conference with teams in the Mountain and Pacific time zones.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

There's a number of ways they CAN do it, but your example works. They still us us 15 million times X years remaining, which is probably close to, lets say 80 million dollars. They can easily just "buy" out that contract to repurpose all the assets and the channel to their new network. Oh hey, it's the cost of our buyout! That's one way to do it. 

You sound like a person that would win the lottery and take the equal payments over 30 years because it's more money than the immediate payment.

• Hook 'Em 1