Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Cry more

Baylor (and others) wanted us to be out in the open about leaving so they could have time to stop it—that’s all.

They are admitting they need UT more than they thought. We are tired of that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's the biggest head scratcher to me in everything we've heard about divisions. Almost all of the traditional rivalries exist with the move, I don't know why they'd preserve the cross division rivalry in favor of rotating games more frequently. LSU and Florida makes sense, but I've heard mixed reviews from their fanbases on that game. 

Yeah, the cross division rivalry games have been their main scheduling problem. Adding two teams and reorganizing gives them a great chance to solve it.

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

If you're implying that Baylor is regretting Rape, well, they do not. 

This. I just meant trying to claim any kind of high ground in the move to the SEC. I doubt they get that either but they should be like that bird in the gif…but 100% correct what u wrote.

46 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Fuck the Brocks

Now hold on one moment.... While am very disappointed in the twins decision, I did understand it.. We are now in a very very different position. 

I predict the following - 

1) Texas to play in SEC for 2022

2) Brocks redshirt this season

2) Brocks transfer to Texas

3) Profit

Oh and we get Manning to boot. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

Yeah, the cross division rivalry games have been their main scheduling problem. Adding two teams and reorganizing gives them a great chance to solve it.

Everything that has come out has indicated two divisions. That being said, I'm guessing that at some point after all the initial fireworks in the coming weeks everyone will actually sit down and re-examine divisions/pods, schedules, etc, so I wouldn't be surprised if everything does change. But that certainly isn't the early returns. 

6 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

the two big ones it resolves are Alabama-Tennessee and Georgia-Auburn. Don't think we'll have any "permanent" rivals moving forward just to save LSU-Florida. 

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's the biggest head scratcher to me in everything we've heard about divisions. Almost all of the traditional rivalries exist with the move, I don't know why they'd preserve the cross division rivalry in favor of rotating games more frequently. LSU and Florida makes sense, but I've heard mixed reviews from their fanbases on that game. 

Yeah - I don't get it.

Here are the current cross-over games:

Alabama-Tennessee

Auburn-UGA

LSU-Florida

Arkansas-Mizzou

A&M-South Carolina

Miss State-Kentucky

Ole Miss-Vandy

If Mizzou and Alabama/Auburn switch sides, three of those are kept, so the only ones you lose are:

LSU-Florida

A&M-South Carolina

Miss State-Kentucky

Ole Miss-Vandy

I can't imagine any of those are worth keeping, so the only question is whether the Mississippi schools and LSU need to play Alabama/Auburn.

Edited by Texas Wahoo

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

None of that forgives the piece of shit behavior by Blake Brockermeyer throughout the entire process, as well as his childrens glee in talking shit about Texas and actively recruiting Jalen Milroe and others away from Texas. I'll take his kid(s) in the portal if it makes good sense and they can still also get fucked. 

That I would agree with... We will take his kids.. He doesn't get a pass.. He needs to make amends.. possible a walk of shame. 

game of thrones shame GIF

Edited by TexasBeta
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

None of that forgives the piece of shit behavior by Blake Brockermeyer throughout the entire process, as well as his childrens glee in talking shit about Texas and actively recruiting Jalen Milroe and others away from Texas. I'll take his kid(s) in the portal if it makes good sense and they can still also get fucked. 

I wouldn’t do a package deal at this point.  

2 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Um, did this tweeter not see the request for SEC invitations that Texas and OU sent this morning?  Or is he suggesting the possibility that Hartzell is trying to convince the Big 10 to take Kansas and Iowa State?  Or could it be that a UT President taking a trip to Chicago has nothing to do with athletics?

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Who really gives a crap about buyouts or any of the financials.  This has all been war-gamed and hashed out, likely beginning months ago.  It's what professional organizations do.  Millions have already been paid to multiple law firms to figure it all out.  ESPN is the key to all the money, and Texas will make more money regardless of the final disposition of the LHN.  What we are seeing today in terms of the letter to SEC for instance are simply legal documents.  We just now need to tell the BigXII "I break with thee, I break with thee, I break with thee", and we're good.  Let's go play ball in the SEC in '22.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, 83Horn said:

"Fisher has lived this and thrived. He dominated both Florida and Miami while constructing a monster in Tallahassee and I can assure you he's looking at what he's already assembled in Aggieland and not worried in the slightest about playing the Sooners or Longhorns. Neither are his players. In fact, it's the opposite, as the Ags are counting the days until the Big 12 defectors arrive in the SEC."

I may be remembering this wrong, but didn't Jimbo inherit a monster in Tallahassee that Bobby Bowden had spent decades building, then coasted on that success for a couple years, before auguring it into the ground before bolting for aggy?  Is that about right?

Tom Herman had a better record in his four years at Texas than Bobby Bowden's last 4 years at FSU.  I'm guessing that if Sark wins a national Title in his 4th season at Texas like Fisher did at FSU, then it wont be Herman getting the credit for it.

22 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Yeah - I don't get it.

Here are the current cross-over games:

Alabama-Tennessee

Auburn-UGA

LSU-Florida

Arkansas-Mizzou

A&M-South Carolina

Miss State-Kentucky

Ole Miss-Vandy

If Mizzou and Alabama/Auburn switch sides, three of those are kept, so the only ones you lose are:

LSU-Florida

A&M-South Carolina

Miss State-Kentucky

Ole Miss-Vandy

I can't imagine any of those are worth keeping, so the only question is whether the Mississippi schools and LSU need to play Alabama/Auburn.

I would think the only potential issues with an East-West format (in terms of the annual matchups) are how the Mississippi and Alabama schools feel about parting ways.

Edited by JJxvi

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Let's suppose that UT pays the buyout and bails after this season.  The Big12 retains the rights through 2025 under the GOR, but UT would be playing in the SEC whose rights are held by CBS.  So who gets paid for UT's SEC conference games?  This is the result I want.  Mass confusion on every level.

The GOR is nothing more than another negotiation.  

Take it to the conclusion-- Texas withdraws and goes to the SEC.  Texas plays home games in DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium in 2022.  The SEC's CBS or ESPN crew shows up to broadcast it.  The B12's Fox crew does not show up to broadcast it, and if they did for some strange reason, they're denied admittance.  There's no police force that's going to force Texas to admit the B12's Fox crew to broadcast the game. So all Texas homes games are broadcast through the SEC's television contracts with CBS and ESPN.

At the end of the year, the SEC pays Texas for its share of the SEC total television revenue.  The B12 obviously doesn't send Texas any of the money from the B12 allocation.

So, the B12 could withhold the prior year's distribution, and then sue for part of that SEC revenue distribution from the current year. But in reality, it never gets that far.  Instead, it's just a negotiated settlement that will no doubt end up lower than the max.  Probably substantially lower. 

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 1

Someone refresh me: was everyone really this angry at A&M when they left the Big 12? I remember a lot of shit talk, poking fun, but not a whole lot of "Wahhhhhh you selfish bastards!" Seems like some conveniently hard to disprove talking point that's been rolled out by the aggy media today.

Edited by UncleBuck

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

Someone refresh me: was everyone really that angry at A&M when they left the Big 12? I remember a lot of shit talk, poking fun, but not a whole lot of "Wahhhhhh you selfish bastards!" Seems like some conveniently hard to disprove talking point that's been rolled out by the aggy media today.

I can tell you I was angry that they were able to get out of the shit conference we were still stuck in for the last 10 years.

• Hook 'Em 1