Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

16 minutes ago, orangebird said:

Then fine, the SEC will just fill all four spots, and no playoffs for you.

Somehow I don't think the other conferences will like that very much.

Especially when ratings plummet and there are only 6 people outside the SEC footprint watching and they vote that must win your conference to get in. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

That is very strange.    I have known folks who went undergrad at one school and then Grad or Whatever Professional Degree at another  and have more of an affiliation  or affection with the later.    Even a few who went to aggy for undergrad and UT for Grad or Med/Pharmacy/ Law  School.  You would never know they were aggy if they didn't tell you or see their undergrad diploma on the wall. Any self respecting person who went to UT for both undergrad and grad school would need to have their heads examined if they joined the cult of aggy, IMO.  I don't care if they were trying to impress and keep a lady happy  if she is aggy.    I'd go to a game with her, but never in the world would I wear aggy shit to make myself feel like I'm part of the cult for one day.  

I can confirm.  In addition to my undergrad from Texas, I have a graduate degree from a university in the midwest which is generally not known for fielding competitive sports teams.  I have a token amount of gear from that school, and I do wear it on occasion.  But over 90% of the time, I wear my Texas gear.  I look back on my four years in Austin very fondly, they went by way too quickly.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, hiphopfroggy said:

What an embarrassment this whole thing is. The state of Texas got played like a fiddle by Bama and a northeastern sports broadcasting company.

Power conference based in Texas? Nope

Texas recruits leaving the state in droves? Yep

Any control over what is happening? Nope

Texas has been raped, pillaged and burned to the ground.  

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47uxej0la25yu0jw244w

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

The Big East?!

I miss Big East football. csb years ago me and my hoodlum friends sat in a Mexican restaurant once and the only football on the screen was Big East. We all immediately started shouting at the screen in our best fake manhole-cover-factory accents.

GO FREAKIN PITT

Little waiter dude sneakin around the edge, scared to give us more beer, scared to not give us more beer.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

holy fuck

ucla, usc, zona, zona+ need to call texas and ou and tell them they will do a deal we can bring oSu and tech, texas and 0u get whatever we want

literally

every coed at ASU has to serve a 6-month mission to norman and austin for "reasons"

if you think Lubbock is drowning in STDs, wait til you sniff the ASU crowd.  Walk across campus and you'll catch something.  Fuck that

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

So I’m headed to Napa tomorrow with three other couples and just realized each couple is affiliated with a different SEC school: Texas, OU, Florida, and A&M. I feel like some sort of action should be taken. Thoughts?

go to Beringer telling them that its "good"

ditch the OU and atm couples

go to V Sattui down the road and laugh at the others

• Hook 'Em 7

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

So I’m headed to Napa tomorrow with three other couples and just realized each couple is affiliated with a different SEC school: Texas, OU, Florida, and A&M. I feel like some sort of action should be taken. Thoughts?

STOP at the red traffic lights like the giant blinking scoreboards advise. #NapaProblems    Lulz.

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Give the Florida guy bath salts. Don't tell OU or Aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Befriend Gata, keep your distance from Sooner, murder aggy.

1 minute ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Yeah V Sattui, Stag's Leap, and Matthiason are where you want to be 

if you like port, Prager is across the street from V Sattui.  Allegedly by appointment only but I've rolled in and they dgaf.  Run by 3 brothers it is a different experience from the rest of Napa, dusty, lots of random dollar bills stapled on the walls and fucking amazing dessert wine

Its been a few years since I went but if you want some other unsolicited recs and they havent burned down, Joseph Phelps in St Helena is reservation based but off the charts good.  AlsoTrefethen (Small family owned), Newton, Hall, Stags’s Leap Winery, Chateau Montelena , Frank Fanuky, Duckhorn

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Are SEC schools taking a significantly larger % of their rosters from Texas HS players today than they were pre-A&M joining? Would be interested in real #s.

Not from the top 100.  Although they did pretty well in 2020.

14 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Are SEC schools taking a significantly larger % of their rosters from Texas HS players today than they were pre-A&M joining? Would be interested in real #s.

How do we measure the success rate?

Went to a bowl? Started? X years? Drafted?

Raw numbers of bodies is a bare minimum. It doesn't explain success or failure. 

# of top 100 in Texas by current SEC members (early years Houston Chronicle, later years Rivals:

2006 23

2007 25

2008 24

2009 23

2014 23

2015 28

2016 27

2017 25

2018 30 (aggy took 16, other years were lower)

2019 25

2020 34 (Bama took 7 instead of 1 to 3 in other years and aggy took 14, their 2nd highest total)

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zhorn96 said:

if you like port, Prager is across the street from V Sattui.  Allegedly by appointment only but I've rolled in and they dgaf.  Run by 3 brothers it is a different experience from the rest of Napa, dusty, lots of random dollar bills stapled on the walls and fucking amazing dessert wine

Its been a few years since I went but if you want some other unsolicited recs and they havent burned down, Joseph Phelps in St Helena is reservation based but off the charts good.  AlsoTrefethen (Small family owned), Newton, Hall, Stags’s Leap Winery, Chateau Montelena , Frank Fanuky, Duckhorn

I like Sequoia Grove.  I used to like Cakebread, but haven't been impressed lately.  May be because it has to travel to Georgia.

36 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

You should only tell the sooner and gator about your joke...when just the gents are having some scotch, suggest a nice circle jerk and watch aggy's face light up as he enthusiastically supports your great idea.  You can all laugh at him the rest of the trip...

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, bullet said:

# of top 100 in Texas by current SEC members (early years Houston Chronicle, later years Rivals:

2006 23

2007 25

2008 24

2009 23

2014 23

2015 28

2016 27

2017 25

2018 30 (aggy took 16, other years were lower)

2019 25

2020 34 (Bama took 7 instead of 1 to 3 in other years and aggy took 14, their 2nd highest total)

Question: Are SEC schools taking a significantly larger % of their rosters from Texas HS players today than they were pre-A&M joining? Would be interested in real #s. 

Aggie went SEC 2011.

2 hours ago, hiphopfroggy said:

Naw, ESPN, in cahoots with the SEC dictated what was to happen and everyone said yes sir. UT didn't have a say in the matter. Clearly there was no plan from any of the Big12 or Texas schools, just got played and then did what they were told.  

I thought hebolios was the dumbest poster on this site. Congrats. You're somehow dumber than someone dumber than a bag of hair. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1