Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Agreed.  Our stipulations to the SEC should be "equal revenue sharing, conference HQ in Birmingham, same commish, and we play Arky on T-giving and A&M last weekend of September".

Rotating football championship games in Atlanta and Jerry's World.

Basketball tournament in Dallas.

But, speaking of registration headaches, Napa and Sonoma wine, how many of your fucks during your time at UT took the time to go visit the Gutenberg Bible in the Ransom Center? Apparently, there are fewer than 20 intact Gutenberg Bibles in the world and UT has one of them.

https://www.hrc.utexas.edu/gutenberg-bible/

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Texas Wahoo said:

Is anyone else having second thoughts about this whole SEC thing.  I mean, I was in until now.  What are we going to do without the trip to Stillwater every other year?

I hear Starkville is basically the same thing.  Food is a bit better too.  

2 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Is anyone else having second thoughts about this whole SEC thing.  I mean, I was in until now.  What are we going to do without the trip to Stillwater every other year?

im not no.  all the crying and whining from the little 8 just reinforce that Texas an ou have been subsidizing this conference for at least the last 14 years.  its time to move on.  im sorry for them but thats not our problem. 

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

But do the have cement walls within a foot of the end zones so players can get hurt?

Photos at Davis Wade Stadium

Looks like they actually have room on the sidelines.  Davis Wade Stadium looks like an upgrade!  Less chance of our players getting hurt and more toothless women!  

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, texifornia said:

E7VPMr7XsAk_r4F?format=jpg&name=small

Kate Beckinsale hasn't returned my phone calls. It'll be a long time before I even consider having sex with her! And by long time I mean several nano seconds. Also, I haven't slept or showered for a week on the off chance she calls.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I think the most likely scenario for the PAC is some sort of merger with the B1G. 30 teams is a very specific number that might tip their hand. There are 26 teams in both conferences now, and I could see them adding 4 others. IA State, Kansas, TCU, and one of OK State, WVU, or Tech. Tech or OK State make the most sense, but academics will be a problem for both. An argument could be made that grabbing TCU and Tech gives the western half of the state an interest in the PAC, but OK State would add another state worth of eyeballs. In that scenario, Tech and Ok State might be in a death match for the final spot with the loser going G5 unless the ACC swoops in like a white knight, but The ACC is the next most likely to be stripped for parts. 

Can't have both.  Either the 30 team thing is in play or the academic thing is in play.  Not both.

If the world is moving to a super league then it would be a question of if those expansion teams are in the 30 or out, why saddle yourself with more teams that aren't part of the final solution and would just make it more difficult to get there.  Also makes the Texas/OK think make more sense to just dump everyone that ultimately isn't going to be in the big boy league.

3 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

You boys from out of town.....

200.gif

That would be West Virginia,  literally. 

45 minutes ago, texifornia said:

E7VPMr7XsAk_r4F?format=jpg&name=small

Leadership has absolutely failed, it was mentioned in an earlier post that the decision makers should have tried expanding the conference early when teams were competing and winning NCs. Leadership sat on their dicks and watched teams leave, just happy they had Texas and ou. Well, how long did they think Texas and ou would tough it out while the SEC and Big 10 kept getting more and more and the Big xii less and less? When it was time to be proactive,  it was way to late. All they could come up with was WVU and TCU and a round robin format. Fuckin A

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, demos said:

they will get this legislation passed in next year's session, just in time for Texas Tech to be prohibited from going to the PAC 12. 

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

Photos at Davis Wade Stadium

Looks like they actually have room on the sidelines.  Davis Wade Stadium looks like an upgrade!  Less chance of our players getting hurt and more toothless women!  

All  kidding aside, the Ol Miss game years back was a blast!  We need more games like that

52 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

But, speaking of registration headaches, Napa and Sonoma wine, how many of your fucks during your time at UT took the time to go visit the Gutenberg Bible in the Ransom Center? Apparently, there are fewer than 20 intact Gutenberg Bibles in the world and UT has one of them.

Yep. They’ve got an extremely impressive haul of rare documents. I hit that up when I was there and also saw the worlds first photograph. There’s some insane stuff on campus you can just walk on up to.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Fuck Jerryworld. I hope Texas never plays a game there again. After that UCLA game I never want to go back to that shithole again, nor do I want any $ going to that POS Jones.

You don’t enjoy paying $16 for a beer and $20 for a burger? Peasant 

10 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Fuck Jerryworld. I hope Texas never plays a game there again. After that UCLA game I never want to go back to that shithole again, nor do I want any $ going to that POS Jones.

I’d like Reliant in Houston as a possibility.

11 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Gundy retirement in 3..2..1

Depending on where ISU and OSU land, Gundy and Campbell may be looking elsewhere after the 2021 season. 

Aranda may also be really regretting taking that Baylor job. 

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

We've been discussing it on the left behind thread, but I think the current best option for the remaining 8 is:

1. Add two schools that are at least equivalent TV draws to the remaining 8 (e.g., BYU, Houston, UCF). This keeps the games inventory quantity the same by staying at 10 teams.
  2. If as it's been widely reported Texas and OU bring half the conference eyeballs then the above could mean that during negotiations the new Big 12-2-2+2-2 can credibly and justifiably argue that the modified terms of their contract that goes through 2025 should be at least 62.5% of the value of the existing contract. That would mean each team would get about $12.5M from TV versus the current $20M.
  3. As that's a loss of only $7.5M per year they are covered for their losses if Texas and OU pay the roughly $160M total buyout amount. That's $20M per remaining 8 school versus the $21.5M they lose on the contract over the last three years of the GOR.
  4. The two new teams don't get a split of that, but they get higher revenues than they do in their current conference or independent TV deal.
  5. So now the remaining 8 are basically cash neutral through the 2024-25 school year. That gives them 4 years to figure out what in the hell they're going to do at that point while feeling out the new landscape and where things are headed.

This could work, but it would require cooperation and strong central leadership from the Big 12 office. They would need to all understand and openly communicate that this is in their best interests as a group, it is only through 2024-25, and that if they are going to bolt to another P5 conference it will be starting with the 2025-26 school year. I give it a 0.05% chance of happening and working because the Big 12 office sucks ass and that's exactly why they're in this situation.

1this would require these schools to have a high affinity for staying together beyond money, which they really don't. The second a P5 picks up the phone to one of these schools this all unravels. WVU isn't going to lay down on the tracks for Baylor.

Edited by Vertigo

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

We've been discussing it on the left behind thread, but I think the current best option for the remaining 8 is:

1. Add two schools that are at least equivalent TV draws to the remaining 8 (e.g., BYU, Houston, UCF). This keeps the games inventory quantity the same by staying at 10 teams.
  2. If as it's been widely reported Texas and OU bring half the conference eyeballs then the above could mean that during negotiations the new Big 12-2-2+2-2 can credibly and justifiably argue that the modified terms of their contract that goes through 2025 should be at least 62.5% of the value of the existing contract. That would mean each team would get about $12.5M from TV versus the current $20M.
  3. As that's a loss of only $7.5M per year they are covered for their losses if Texas and OU pay the roughly $160M total buyout amount. That's $20M per remaining 8 school versus the $21.5M they lose on the contract over the last three years of the GOR.
  4. The two new teams don't get a split of that, but they get higher revenues than they do in their current conference or independent TV deal.
  5. So now the remaining 8 are basically cash neutral through the 2024-25 school year. That gives them 4 years to figure out what in the hell they're going to do at that point while feeling out the new landscape and where things are headed.

This could work, but it would require cooperation and strong central leadership from the Big 12 office. They would need to all understand and openly communicate that this is in their best interests as a group, it is only through 2024-25, and that if they are going to bolt to another P5 conference it will be starting with the 2025-26 school year. I give it a 0.05% chance of happening and working because the Big 12 office sucks ass and that's exactly why they're in this situation.

What a reasonable plan and reasonable take....

IT has < 0% of working for both those reasons.

I think I'm now required to tell you to kill yourself with a self induced staph infection due to the catastrophic anal trama from use of a rusty dildo.

Am I interneting correctly?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lidig8r said:

My Dad took me to see it when I was a youngin'.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I don't know, the TV ratings for those teams when not playing Texas or OU is abysmal. I think you may be severely overestimating their remaining viewership. I think they are going to struggle to get 10 mil per team even if they add two more teams. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1

The current B12 group of coaches will get decimated in the next few years.

Unless WVU goes to the ACC, Brown is gone. Campbell is waiting on a B1G opening, but the writing will be on wall for him to think about expanding his destination groups. Who the fuck knows with Gundy.

Aranda now has to essentially start over. Same with the new KU and the KSU coach. Fuck the TT guy..

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I agree its going to require strong leadership , which is why this is bound to get fucked up. 

None of these schools has any interest in trying to play the thankless role Texas was getting shit on to do, I really don't see Kansas OSU or Tech stepping up here with their feet halfway out the door already. 

10 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

There’s no reason to add anyone, just stay together at 8 fir now and see what happens. If we add anyone, maybe BYU since they’re independent anyway and the conference death in a few years just sends them back.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I’d like Reliant in Houston as a possibility.

If they're going to take advantage of securing their position in two of the strongest sports markets in the conference and further ensure the best high school players in Texas go on to SEC schools, it seems in the SEC's best interest to put Dallas and Houston into the rotation for conference championship games.  And that's not just Texas and OU throwing their weight around.  It's a good business decision.

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I’m sorry if already posted but holy shit I’m dead. Rivals the laughing Mexican guy.  
https://streamable.com/dbjm7a?fbclid=IwAR2dLTGIWycOIAM-VFtGicRXGAlZwL8rhO-FWTdBLu3bTJVpb9SunNZPiK4

Fuck you, aggy. 

that's the best thing on the internet and i hope it gets reposted every page from here to the death of the internet.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

they will get this legislation passed in next year's session, just in time for Texas Tech to be prohibited from going to the PAC 12. 

There is no regular session in 2022. The next regular session is 2023.

Gov. Abbott & House Speaker Phelan are Longhorns, plus as I pointed out in an earlier post, they do not have the votes regardless.

This and any other hate-Texas bills full of sound and fury, signifying nothing, are Muledick.

Banging this "hate-Texas" drum is regarded, and will be remembered.

• Hook 'Em 2