Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

1 minute ago, Droopy said:

This is the Big XII’s attempt to save the conference, clearly, the leftovers are scrambling to find a new home and asking for help in doing so. This conference is flatlined and the commish is still warming up the paddles. 

I bet Bowlsby’s ass is up at night now. What a complete buffoon. 

Here's the funny part, the lawyer is representing the remaining 8, but every one of the remaining 8 is looking for a side door.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pancho said:

If you come across a very popular meme or video that is going viral and is very popular, you can already bet it’s been posted here 2139 times so the last thing you should think to yourself is “nah, this ain’t been posted on surly yet!”

Post that shit. I hadn't seen it yet and this thread grows too fast to keep up with everything.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

This seems to be what is happening. ESPN is talking to IR8 individually as Big 12 front office is preaching solidarity. My guess is that those who can find life
rafts off the sinking ship will take them.

Where does this stop. Can they also try the same move against Fox / BIG / PAC / ACC ? 

8 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

Madison is a fun trip, but State College sucks balls.

Also not terribly impressed with Champaign, Iowa City, Bloomington, or West Lafayette, either.

But Evanston is pretty rad...especially since you can just hop on the El and party in Chicago.

30 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Dude, with all due respect, fuck Bricktown Ballpark. Did you happen to see the SEC baseball tournament? It was light years better than OKC. And who the fuck WANTS to go to Oklahoma for anything? OU would leave if they could. 

Yea no problem with that at all.   Just thinking along the lines if the SEC feels they have to throw a bone to Oklahoma, this would be it because they've hosted the B12 for so long.  But yea, the heck with them.   Being the scenarios with the other sports kind of give states with the adequate venues a chance to host the tourneys/championships. 

I'd like it to be here in Texas.... Round Rock, Sugarland, etc. have the venues.  Heck to be a homer I offer Whataburger (now managed by Chicago) Field in my backyard as an option.  Softball absolutely needs to be not held in OKC since they hold the Softball CWS too and as much as we hate, OU has been constant attendee at softball CWS.  Make them travel for something for crying outload.  They don't leave the OKC/Norman area for anything for the duration of the Softball post season.

5 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

What kind of fucking signature is that.  Just needs to do it in sharpie next time.  No C/R.

Why does he have 16 Ts in his signature? I only count one in his name. I mean, seriously, what the hell is going on there?

Very un-Hartzell like

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, jinx said:

Why does he have 16 Ts in his signature? I only count one in his name. I mean, seriously, what the hell is going on there?

Very un-Hartzell like

Mr T should sue Bowlsby for Trademark infringement. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I mean, if you want to throw a bone to UT/A&M/LSU to geographically feature another part of your SEC region, you can grab a minor league park in Texas (Round Rock or Sugar Land).  

The baseball  tournament won't leave Hoover (it's been the tournament site for 23 years).  It's all wishcasting that the SEC rotate their champ sites to feature different parts of their conference. 

But we should just get used to annual road trips to Hoover for the SEC baseball tournament, Nashville for the SEC basketball tournament and occasionally to Atlanta for the SEC football championship.  The SEC softball tournament actually rotates through campuses, so it may come to Austin (and Norman) very soon.  

I'm good with it staying at Hoover.  Does their basketball tourney rotate?    

For sure Jerry is going to make a pitch to have football rotate especially with the Big12 going down the drain he won't have a conference championship with state ties left.   Atlanta better prepare to lose that battle.  

I’m a few posts behind but Madison is a top 5 place to see a college football game. That town is awesome on a football weekend. It’s much more alive than most all Texas’ choir-like gamedays, that’s for sure. 

Also LOL at the Big 12 trying to strongarm ESPN. Good luck, Bob.

Edited by The Ace of Aces
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I’m a few posts behind but Madison is a top 5 place to see a college football game. That town is awesome on a football weekend. 

It’s much more alive than most all Texas’ choir-like gamedays, that’s for sure. 

Agree, we should definitely schedule a home-and-home with the Badgers.  In September.

But we must never, ever join their frozen tundra conference.