Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What in the fuck is this idiot thinking? He’s just ensured that this weakened and dickless conference is going to war with ESPN, Texas, OU and the SEC, at a minimum. Each of those entities have more money, clout and lawyers than the Big 12 conference. All of them but OU have enough firepower on the legal end alone to blow this clown into a decade+ of numerous lawsuits that he’d never climb out of, or the Big 12 itself. Christ. 

Also, he’s attempting to blow up the ability for several programs to find a safe landing spot with a conference that is about to be able to pay them something decent and get the conference elevated to autobid status. It’s unbelievable. If I’m one of those schools, I’m calling on a vote to fire this dumb motherfucker for cause literally tonight. 

Posturing like Baylor did with aggy on the way out? And the phrase that pays returns...tortious interference!

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Also, he’s attempting to blow up the ability for several programs to find a safe landing spot with a conference that is about to be able to pay them something decent and get the conference elevated to autobid status. It’s unbelievable. If I’m one of those schools, I’m calling on a vote to fire this dumb motherfucker for cause literally tonight. 

Let's assume, for the moment, that the 8 stay together, Bowlsby settles down from his from his rager, and some calmer heads start talking things out for the conference in the coming days about possibly inviting other schools in.

What fucking school would want to join a conference led by Bowlsby after today?  

• Hook 'Em 4

29 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Talked to some Stanford BMD buddies who know Bowlsby from his time at Stanford. Said he’s a giant idiot. 

Was never impressed with his job as commissioner, particularly coming after the job Neinas did during his interim period which was bad ass.

Now he’s acting like a complete idiot and it all makes sense why Texas and OU are out of there.

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Ole Bob’s gonna fuck up the IR8’s landing spots

Pretty obvious that this is his intent.  He's doing everything he can to prevent them from leaving, flinging crap against the wall and hoping something will stick.  It's... remarkable... to witness.

• Rage+1 1

I am just at a loss on this…

Even if this is true and you have proof of it, you use this as leverage on the parties involved, not use it to pick a very public cat fight that won’t stop Texas and OU leaving, and now may have scuttled the possibility of ever getting an agreeable media deal and potentially jeopardized the landing spots of 3 to 5 members…

yipppe-ki-yay.gif.8bf9640aec4344c8c3b715df0ddf2654.gif

503978278_SamuelJackson.gif.046be40a62dcf810e190c3a84f31210f.gif

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

Pretty obvious that this is his intent.  He's doing everything he can to prevent them from leaving, flinging crap against the wall and hoping something will stick.  It's... remarkable... to witness.

Maybe they can fire him?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Constant said:

In hindsight, this whole GOR business was as terrible of a decision as we all thought it was back when it was signed. 

I disagree.  It appears it will be every bit as toothless and meaningless as the exit penalties.  It's certainly not stopping your school or mine from doing exactly what we want to do, at this point.

And in a year, after it's all been negotiated and settled, I think we'll find we're paying substantially less than the B12 will be asking for initially.  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

A better question might be if you were hiring, what position would you hire him for at this point? How far down the org chart do you have to go before you get to a position you'd trust him with?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

A better question might be if you were hiring, what position would you hire him for at this point? How far down the org chart do you have to go before you get to a position you'd trust him with?

He's negotiating his severance. He's done

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, henrygandorf said:

on behalf of the hundreds, possibly thousands of people checking in with this thread a few times a day, some of you need to stop getting your collective panties in a wad about having to scroll past a reposted video or photo.

that american hustle meme is delightful and should be stickied to every fucking page.

How did you know I was wearing panties?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

I am just at a loss on this…

Even if this is true and you have proof of it, you use this as leverage on the parties involved, not use it to pick a very public cat fight that won’t stop Texas and OU leaving, and now may have scuttled the possibility of ever getting an agreeable media deal and potentially jeopardized the landing spots of 3 to 5 members…

yipppe-ki-yay.gif.8bf9640aec4344c8c3b715df0ddf2654.gif

503978278_SamuelJackson.gif.046be40a62dcf810e190c3a84f31210f.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 8

All the bitchmade responses from all parties feeling wronged certainly solidifies that behind the back secrecy was ABSOFUCKINLUTELY the right way to handle all this.

Hey Rooskies, we're building a bomb to beat the Nazis and Japs (no disrespect to the Orientals).  You want in???

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I wonder if ESPN was trying to sweet a new AAC deal by pushing the other 3-5 schools that way since the SEC Networks would be the real prize?

That's what Dennis Dodd says, but he loves to troll the Big 12.  I can't see any going to the AAC until the league totally implodes.  If there are 3 to 5 left, they raid the G5.

1 minute ago, bullet said:

That's what Dennis Dodd says, but he loves to troll the Big 12.  I can't see any going to the AAC until the league totally implodes.  If there are 3 to 5 left, they raid the G5.

Well those remaining better hope Fox pays up because ESPN is no longer going to. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Let's assume, for the moment, that the 8 stay together, Bowlsby settles down from his from his rager, and some calmer heads start talking things out for the conference in the coming days about possibly inviting other schools in.

He's at retirement age.  I figured he would retire with the GOR.  He's 69.