Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

Bowlsby has very few bullets in his gun, levers to pull, etc, here so he’s doing whatever he can to preserve some semblance of his conference (and job).  At this point, I don’t believe that OU and Texas are in breach of their contract, so UT and OU are not parties to the current BIGXII BS.  But this is just the beginning of a huge shift.  Buckle up, dis gon be gud.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Inducing someone to exercise their legal right to terminate a contract isn’t tortious interference.  

My understanding is that pretty much nobody who is deucing from the Big 12 right now has any intention of paying the buyout without litigation a la A&M and Mizzou back in 2011--notwithstanding all this talk of "2025". If ESPN is encouraging schools to follow suit then there'd be a problem. 

But yeah, something tells me that ESPN is basically texting Big 12 programs saying "u up?", in which case Bowlsby can get fucked.

15 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Once you saw the shift in real-time where the Looch and the others started posting positively about the move and how it was actually a good thing this was clear. They got their marching orders and were told to shut the fuck up about it.

I think it was the opposite.   Aggy got a talking to Friday night/ Saturday morning, and looch got his marching orders to support it. . 

Just now, clapclapclap said:

What's Bowlsby settlement end game?  Merging the B12 with the AAC?

He could be commissioner of a pretty damn good basketball conference if he played his cards right. But that's about it, and I have no reason to believe he'll do anything intelligent in this situation.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PatrickMcHorn said:

I think it was the opposite.   Aggy got a talking to Friday night/ Saturday morning, and looch got his marching orders to support it. . 

I was actually lumping Looch, the administration, and the athletic department all together when I said "they". Functionally there is very little separation between TexAgs and the institution. 

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

on behalf of the hundreds, possibly thousands of people checking in with this thread a few times a day, some of you need to stop getting your collective panties in a wad about having to scroll past a reposted video or photo.

that american hustle meme is delightful and should be stickied to every fucking page.

it's the equivalent to the Swagcopter Down meme a few years ago, magnificent

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

He could be commissioner of a pretty damn good basketball conference if he played his cards right. But that's about it, and I have no reason to believe he'll do anything intelligent in this situation.

Pretty sure he’ll never be commissioner of anything else after that letter he sent. 

7 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Bowlsby is such a wanker. It is the worst kept secret that ESPN does this shit. Exposing it does nothing but hurt the schools he is suppose to serve. Good luck going back to ESPN during renewal. Fox will be the only bid.  NBC is all but out of CFB, and CBS likely will pay shit. SO dumb. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Today is only 7 days since the leak by aggy.  Think of the entertainment we have witnessed in that time.  

It is also the first notable leak from aggy not witnessed by Taylor Hamm.

taylorhamm.bathroom.meme

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Oh hey, gomer gave his approval,  looks like it's a go after all. 

Just sit back and watch those mouth breathers try and change the narrative that they allowed UT to enter the SEC because they kindly decided to save little brother from obscurity. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Espn conspiring with the American? LOL! “Hey KState, how about you join the AAC, forego the buyout money, and we promise you’ll only lose $27 million a year instead of $30 million!”

Yeah that would be the worst conspiracy ever, lol.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

They were told to get right or get fucked, the SEC was tired of their childish nonsense, so it was their choice. The SEC just needed to know which way they were heading. That was Saturday morning after the ATM BOR agenda posturing on Friday night. Liucci and company were crawfishing before lunch on Saturday. Totally dickless. 

Yep. “Doors right behind ya” as the ole miss klansman said. We’ve got about 100 people lined up to take your place. A few actually worth a shit too.

So wait

Aggy is pissed and butthurt

The irate 8 is pissed and butthurt

ESPN might be in a bit of trouble (unlikely but the last week doesn't make me all of a sudden pine for Paw and Fat Herb so fuck em if they are)

2021 you magnificent bastard.  We beat OU in October and I'll read your book!

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Haha, yeah this is dumb. While it's probably generally true that the presidents won't want to testify, this thing is a LONG fucking way from that being a real concern for anyone. Both Universities have a ton of outs to avoid it before it gets anywhere close.

44 minutes ago, pops said:

Bowlsby v Disney lawyers. Disney could literally run out mickey mouse and win. Easily. 

Bowlsby done fucked up...

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

They were told to get right or get fucked, the SEC was tired of their childish nonsense, so it was their choice. The SEC just needed to know which way they were heading. That was Saturday morning after the ATM BOR agenda posturing on Friday night. Liucci and company were crawfishing before lunch on Saturday. Totally dickless. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, UncleSonny said:

Haha, yeah this is dumb. While it's probably generally true that the presidents won't want to testify, this thing is a LONG fucking way from that being a real concern for anyone. Both Universities have a ton of outs to avoid it before it gets anywhere close.

and I'm not sure how they don't understand this. 

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I wonder where that source is from.

That is one sad, pathetic man. I pray that in a moment in my life where I face adversity I do not simply just show my ass to everyone as part of my personal process.