Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

2 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Haha, yeah this is dumb. While it's probably generally true that the presidents won't want to testify, this thing is a LONG fucking way from that being a real concern for anyone. Both Universities have a ton of outs to avoid it before it gets anywhere close.

Love seeing the DMN and all the media haters getting kick in the balls….

crooked NCAA and the Midwest mafia!

Burn it down.

BTW Kansas and Bill Self the feds are going to get that ass!

bahaha ……

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The WVU fan fiction writer says ESPN tried to get WVU/oSu to the ACC, KSU/ISU to the Big 10, and the rest to the AAC. And that Tech was the snitch bitch. 

Lost me at Kansas state to the big 10.  No way in hell that’s true.

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Right. That's why I said he's a fan faction writer. He's been spouting silly crap like this since the Shaggy thread was started. There may be some nuggets of truth in there but most of it is BS. 

9 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I think he edited the tweet to say KU to B1G and KSU to AAC…

Sad part is that is pretty much most people say would be likely, and now those schools may all be fucked because Tech knows they would bankrupt their AD if they got relegated to the AAC right now

If I'm one of "the other 8" what I realistically hope to get out of this is 1) payout equal to what I would have received under the current contract, through the end of 2025, and 2) some assurances about a future contract after 2025.

Maybe FOX steps in and provides the assurances re: post 2025, but they're only willing to do it if ESPN doesn't poach any additional teams.  That's negotiable.  

Just now, camel at sea said:

If I'm one of "the other 8" what I realistically hope to get out of this is 1) payout equal to what I would have received under the current contract, through the end of 2025, and 2) some assurances about a future contract after 2025.

Maybe FOX steps in and provides the assurances re: post 2025, but they're only willing to do it if ESPN doesn't poach any additional teams.  That's negotiable.  

Yeah, you won't get both and at this rate you'll be lucky to get 1.  Careful.

All I am getting out of this is if some one snitched and screwed up everyone else’s soft landing, shit will get ugly quick.

Are they holding out hope that someone will pay them more as the best G6 conference than what the worst one would have gotten with the AAC… 

Best if this is right they just potentially fucked ISU and KU out a B1G invite, and WVU out of an ACC spot…

You talking about pissed teams… see how cooperative those 3 would be from here out.. veto every expansion and every new contract and watch it all burn

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

So take the money from Texas, ESPN and ou and then ruin any chance of getting into a conference with an automatic bid.  What's that proverb again?  Nose something something face?

Don’t be a retard and stick your nose up Disney’s ass while Texas fucks your face hole 

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Yeah, you won't get both and at this rate you'll be lucky to get 1.  Careful.

Maybe not from Disney.  FOX is more likely to play ball with the Big 12, though, if the other 8 stay together.  And from the perspective of the other 8, any one of them is probably better off in an expanded Big 12 than in the American.  

4 minutes ago, camel at sea said:

Maybe not from Disney.  FOX is more likely to play ball with the Big 12, though, if the other 8 stay together.  And from the perspective of the other 8, any one of them is probably better off in an expanded Big 12 than in the American.  

If the 8 stick together, and Fox would be their network home in future years....if the 11 am game is the big Fox game each week....I'd imagine the Left Behind crew to get 9:30 pm CST kickoffs each week.

EDIT:  or something like "Big 12 Tuesdays".  

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, camel at sea said:

Disney will just buy the rest of fox to fuck them. Bowlsby burned every bridge out of Rome. 

6 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

If the 8 stick together, and Fox would be their network home in future years....if the 11 am game is the big Fox game each week....I'd imagine the Left Behind crew to get 9:30 pm CST kickoffs each week.

EDIT:  or something like "Big 12 Tuesdays".  

"The other 8" plus let's say Houston and BYU is an elite basketball conference.  It's a pretty good football league.  It keeps a flag for FOX planted in the Texas TV market.  If the Big 12 gets picked apart and sent to the AAC, FOX is shut out of Texas.  There's no way that they want that.  

The other 8 will play when they are told if it keeps their payout at or above $20M.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

on behalf of the hundreds, possibly thousands of people checking in with this thread a few times a day, some of you need to stop getting your collective panties in a wad about having to scroll past a reposted video or photo.

that american hustle meme is delightful and should be stickied to every fucking page.

Agreed.

I didn’t click on any of the non imbedded links because I don’t trust any of you bastards. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I really can't believe this, but Bowlsby has done more over the past few hours to get Texas and OU out of this shitty conference with no fucking buyout than a whole conspiracy of ESPN, the ACC, the B1G, the SEC, the Queen, the Vatican, the Gettys, the Rothschilds, and Colonel Sanders (before he went tits up) could've ever done.

If you're ISU, why on Earth would you stay with the Big 12 now, knowing (1) you have an absolute moron for a commissioner, (2) apparently everyone is scrambling with a lifeboat, (3) the Worldwide Leader--in this context, that's no joke--is helping everyone find a lifeboat, and (4) the Worldwide Leader will now never, ever give the Big 12 any fucking money for a future television deal.

That's a fantastic job, dumbass.

Tumblr: Image

• Like 3