Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

6 minutes ago, Jasper_Jester said:

What triggers ESPN and Fox's ability to renegotiate the amount they pay for TV rights? As soon as Texas and OU become SEC members can ESPN walk in and play hardball or is it when the Big XII loses the rights that Texas and OU granted to them?

ESPN can kneecap them once we are admitted to SEC

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

HSE

Remember signing up for cable just so I could get HSE and the Rockets.  Hannah Storm did their halftime show in her first TV appearance.  She was awful, but hot.  2nd game she was much better.  She's still hot (and i'm not just talking about the BBQ grill).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

Once you saw the shift in real-time where the Looch and the others started posting positively about the move and how it was actually a good thing this was clear. They got their marching orders and were told to shut the fuck up about it.

Damn. It already feels good to belong to a real conference. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Jasper_Jester said:

What triggers ESPN and Fox's ability to renegotiate the amount they pay for TV rights? As soon as Texas and OU become SEC members can ESPN walk in and play hardball or is it when the Big XII loses the rights that Texas and OU granted to them?

ESPN and Fox can renegotiate when UT and OU leave, but then UT and OU are potentially liable for the loss in revenue.  Although theoretically the GOR means the Big 12 keeps the TV rights.

58 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

So take the money from Texas, ESPN and ou and then ruin any chance of getting into a conference with an automatic bid.  What's that proverb again?  Nose something something face?

I mean it’s pretty obvious, try to land somewhere, if not take the buyout. Pretty simple math. I can’t figure out Bowlsbys deal but i suspect it’s about trying to get all the buyout we can if necessary, and it’s irrelevant at this point. I’m still hoping we can all find a home except for Baylor, then nobody pays amd we all make some of that muny. And if ESPN is seriously trying to make us happy with the AAC, then lol, they can get super fucked.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

Iran it’s pretty obvious, try to land somewhere, if not take the buyout. Pretty simple math. I can’t figure out Bowlsbys deal but it’s irrelevant at this point. I’m still hoping we can all find a home except for Baylor, then nobody pays amd we all make some of that muny.

Wait . . . what does Iran have to do with all this?

I swear, you can’t sleep on this thread.

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

So wait

Aggy is pissed and butthurt

The irate 8 is pissed and butthurt

ESPN might be in a bit of trouble (unlikely but the last week doesn't make me all of a sudden pine for Paw and Fat Herb so fuck em if they are)

2021 you magnificent bastard.  We beat OU in October and I'll read your book!

They all turn in unison and yell:  

IT’S TEXAS’ FAULT!!!!!

And, I love it.

I’m skipping like 4 pages, but I read the Carlton tweets. 

Bowlesby is accusing espn of…consulting about potential market value of one of their media properties if it changes composition?  Like the big 12 did 10 years ago?

hey, bob, here’s a clue. Texas and ou don’t like the big12 and espn doesn’t either. It’s time to start renegotiating the next media rights deal, they ask around. Sec has interest in both. They ask espn for valuation guidance. Info is relayed. Decisions are made. Things are made public. 
Other conferences see what is happening, begin due diligence on possible expansion and which teams provide what value. So espn and aac talk. 

or, can you prove otherwise, bob?  Because what you believe doesn’t mean shit in court. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alphahorn said:

The ACC is on a respirator.  It won't be long until Saban retires and Dabo goes home to replace him. Mack Brown retires and that conference is wishing it were in the big 12

Not to mention the ACC is one the BUGs favorite poaching grounds.  

10 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I mean it’s pretty obvious, try to land somewhere, if not take the buyout. Pretty simple math. I can’t figure out Bowlsbys deal but i suspect it’s about trying to get all the buyout we can if necessary, and it’s irrelevant at this point. I’m still hoping we can all find a home except for Baylor, then nobody pays amd we all make some of that muny. And if ESPN is seriously trying to make us happy with the AAC, then lol, they can get super fucked.

Thought Okie Lite + WVU being shopped to ACC ??

2 hours ago, RollLeft said:

The movie The Insider hit on this topic.  To this day that movie has one of my favorite lawyer scenes of all time...by fellow TX alum Bruce McGill no less.  "Wipe that smirk off yo face!" Love it!  

Never knew Bruce McGill was a UT alum. Awesome 🤘🏽

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I'm sitting with an aggy tonight who is talking about how much hell is coming. The current students have no idea what the older fans are about to stir back up.
Oh and he just said that am just extended their invite to the Horns.. That's not how this works. You don't run this conference.

#HailState

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Prisoners Dilemma 

and Bowlsby just told the world everyone is cutting deal behind each other’s backs. 

This is insane. He needs all 8 schools acting in unison and believing the others are going to stick to the plan. And then does a media blitz about one or more of them not sticking to the plan.

1 minute ago, msudawg said:

I'm sitting with an aggy tonight who is talking about how much hell is coming. The current students have no idea what the older fans are about to stir back up.
Oh and he just said that am just extended their invite to the Horns.. That's not how this works. You don't run this conference.

#HailState

Find somebody smarter to sit with. #HookEm

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

This is insane. He needs all 8 schools acting in unison and believing the others are going to stick to the plan. And then does a media blitz about one or more of them not sticking to the plan.

Not happening. I know for a fact pac has reached out to tech and okie lite. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

It's all negotiations, but this is basically "don't break rank."  But yeah, I'm sure KU will hang up if B1G calls.

3 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

My guess is that "the other 8" have figured out that ESPN wants to put some, but not all, of them into the AAC.  None of the others have P5 landing spots.  So they probably are working together at this point.  The ones with invites want a better outcome and those without obviously do.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

I just read the bylaws, Section 3.2. Every school needs to be announcing its plans to talk to other people or that it has had talks with other conferences or parties or they have withdrawn from the Conference after 12 hours. Has everyone confessed their sins? Or is it just the one narc school? Because 3 to 5 schools are on notice.

Disclaimer: Not a laws nor by-laws expert

bylaws.pdf (big12sports.com) Section 3.2

Edited by Jasper_Jester
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, camel at sea said:

My guess is that "the other 8" have figured out that ESPN wants to put some, but not all, of them into the AAC.  None of the others have P5 landing spots.  So they probably are working together at this point.  The ones with invites want a better outcome and those without obviously do.  

We need one of the remaining big three to get desperate.

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

We need one of the remaining big three to get desperate.

Oh, they are desperate alright.  

I'd imagine the number of phone calls, emails, texts and Zoom conferences among the big cigars and administration of the rest of the conference schools over the past week surpassed the total gigs of Internet access for Paraguay during the same period of time.

• Hook 'Em 1