Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Imagine, a Baylor grad calling other programs homewreckers

I don't know who this fuckwit is, but it is hilarious that there is a narrative out there saying the Big 12 "gave" Texas the Longhorn Network. He probably thinks Texas also "gave" Baylor COEDs rape.

I am feeling better and better about this move. Good Luck to you, Rapelor. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

I don't know who this fuckwit is, but it is hilarious that there is a narrative out there saying the Big 12 "gave" Texas the Longhorn Network. He probably thinks Texas also "gave" Baylor COEDs rape.

I am feeling better and better about this move. Good Luck to you, Rapelor. 

The LHN gave most of these schleps five more years of power five relevance

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I was in a meeting with an Ok State grad today (until he said something I had no idea where he went to school). Apparently the fact that I went to Texas was somehow public knowledge to the group I was meeting which is strange enough for an entirely different discussion. He opens with “you guys destroy every conference you ever join.”  I was taken back considering I wasn’t prepared for the professional response that was required of me. The “have fun in Sun Belt with your 18 fans that watch you on TV” response was not appropriate for the setting. The only thing I came up with was “what about OU? Didn’t they destroy the conference with us?” No response. 

The narrative really is we are to blame for everything. It’s all our fault. Not any of the good like creating the Big 12 and solely keeping it alive the last 10 years so schools like Ok State can collect tens of millions a year they would not otherwise get. Just the bad. So fuck it. If everyone thinks we are the evil empire, lets blow up some fucking planets with our Death Star because we are going to be hated anyway.  We might as well grab all of the money and athletic success we can get in the process. 

I agree. UT could cure cancer and everyone would still hate us. Throw on the Vader helmet and embrace it. 

Stewart Mandel did a deep dive on Big 12 TV ratings. Even a down Texas draws eyeballs because so many people root against UT. We're in the same fraternity as Notre Dame Football, and Duke Hoops. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I was in a meeting with an Ok State grad today (until he said something I had no idea where he went to school). Apparently the fact that I went to Texas was somehow public knowledge to the group I was meeting which is strange enough for an entirely different discussion. He opens with “you guys destroy every conference you ever join.”  I was taken back considering I wasn’t prepared for the professional response that was required of me. The “have fun in the Sun Belt with your 18 fans that watch you on TV” response was not appropriate for the setting. The only thing I came up with was “what about OU? Didn’t they destroy the conference with us?” No response. 

The narrative really is we are to blame for everything. It’s all our fault. Not any of the good like creating the Big 12 and solely keeping it alive the last 10 years so schools like Ok State can collect tens of millions a year they would not otherwise get. Just the bad. So fuck it. If everyone thinks we are the evil empire, lets blow up some fucking planets with our Death Star because we are going to be hated anyway.  We might as well grab all of the money and athletic success we can get in the process. 

Obvious response is obvious

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I agree. UT could care cancer and everyone would still hate us. Throw on the Vader helmet and embrace it. 

Stewart Mandel did a deep dive on Big 12 TV ratings. Even a down Texas draws eyeballs because so many people root against UT. We're in the same fraternity as Notre Dame Football, and Duke Hoops. 

Remember, it's easy to throw rocks at the big brand sitting on the top of the mountain.  

Can't take credit for this. My son sent it to me as a synopsis of aggy meeting today

"Although the Board had concerns about the communication process relating to this matter… [AKA why the f--- did no one tell us about this], today the Board received the information it needed to properly consider the long-term ramifications of possible expansion," [AKA oh holy shit nevermind that’s a big check]

Sums it up perfectly. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

I was in a meeting with an Ok State grad today (until he said something I had no idea where he went to school). Apparently the fact that I went to Texas was somehow public knowledge to the group I was meeting which is strange enough for an entirely different discussion. He opens with “you guys destroy every conference you ever join.”  I was taken back considering I wasn’t prepared for the professional response that was required of me. The “have fun in the Sun Belt with your 18 fans that watch you on TV” response was not appropriate for the setting. The only thing I came up with was “what about OU? Didn’t they destroy the conference with us?” No response. 

A lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of sheep is one appropriate response. Smile is another appropriate response. Or you could start with the fiction can be fun line from Ace Ventura….
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Let's assume, for the moment, that the 8 stay together, Bowlsby settles down from his from his rager, and some calmer heads start talking things out for the conference in the coming days about possibly inviting other schools in.

What fucking school would want to join a conference led by Bowlsby after today?  

Is it dickbutt?

1 minute ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

So we just pay the buyout then?

Yes.  Just like everyone else that's left this conference and every other conference over the past decade.

We negotiate it down, settle, and move on.  This was expected from the beginning.  

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, sdhornesq said:

How is this not a good deal for all involved?

Because it is a long time realignment phony insider account.

Here's a realignment tip from those that have followed this for over a decade.  The following are all realignment frauds that have never predicted anything correctly beyond broken clock percentages:

MHver3, the Dude from WV, Greg Fluegar, Greg(?) Swaim

There are others that I'm forgetting at the moment, but those were the most obvious (and most retweeted by suckers) in previously rounds of realignment .

MHver3 writes the most voluminous works of fiction of the 4.  A psycho.

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Hook 'Em 7

58 minutes ago, pops said:

Not happening. I know for a fact pac has reached out to tech and okie lite. 

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

The narrative really is we are to blame for everything. It’s all our fault. Not any of the good like creating the Big 12 and solely keeping it alive the last 10 years so schools like Ok State can collect tens of millions a year they would not otherwise get. Just the bad. 

You say that like this is a bad thing.

6 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Here's a realignment tip from those that have followed this for over a decade.  The following are all realignment frauds that have never predicted anything correctly beyond broken clock percentages:

There are others that I'm forgetting at the moment, but those were the most obvious (and most retweeted by suckers) in previously rounds of realignment .

I’m blocked or have been unfriended and can’t see their tweets by all but Swaim. I’m goin in. 

16 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Tuxedo yoda?  Dude and swaim were lying shitbags.  Said we were locked into acc.   I think even the dabo commented on it 

Edited by closetohumping
  • Hook 'Em 1

Let's say that the best case for the Big 12 minus OU and Texas is that they get a new contract for about $20M each.  If that's true, then the revenue gap for every one of "the other 8" for the '22-'25 seasons is around $20M per season compared to status quo.  $80M per school over four years, $640M conference total.  

Maybe you could get the Big 12 to negotiate that down if you give them a new deal at $20-25M per and sign off on the league raiding the AAC (rather than the other way around.)  But given those dollar amounts, it makes perfect sense why everyone on the Big 12 side is going to fight as hard as they can on this. 

4 minutes ago, camel at sea said:

But given those dollar amounts, it makes perfect sense why everyone on the Big 12 side is going to fight as hard as they can on this

Or, they could try to go to another conference where their long term prospects are much better and they can pay for their stadium and coach.  

35 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Don't forget Tuxedo Yoda

• Hook 'Em 1

But if ESPN is going to pay up to get the remaining 8 into the AAC and not take too much of a hit, wouldn't it make sense to do it? Unless Fox goes to the BIg 12 immediately and says add these 4 and we'll do better than ESPN, why wouldn't they do it? If you're Kansas State or TCU, this might be your best chance. Sure, see if someone else wants you but barring that, it makes sense to peace the F out for your long term health. 

3 minutes ago, camel at sea said:

East:  Temple, WVU, Navy, Cincy, Memphis, Tulane, ECU, USF, UCF
West:  ISU, KU, KSU, Tulsa, OSU, TTU, TCU, SMU, Baylor, UH

Lol.  I'd be irate about that if I were an Irate 8 fan.  

So basically all bail to the AAC because no one will play ball with your idiot commissioner now while the AAC guy has been kissing ESPNs ass for a while now

5 minutes ago, camel at sea said:

East:  Temple, WVU, Navy, Cincy, Memphis, Tulane, ECU, USF, UCF
West:  ISU, KU, KSU, Tulsa, OSU, TTU, TCU, SMU, Baylor, UH

Lol.  I'd be irate about that if I were an Irate 8 fan.  

4 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Thats not a bad conference imo

That's a conference where if you went undefeated or 1 loss, you're probably looking at playoff spot. You know an 8 team Big 12 is never getting a spot andn now ESPN isn't paying up when the deal runs out. 

Edited by mdmost