Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

1 hour ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

Are you not joining Aggy today? Yes you are. They won. You lost. 

You are not the Joneses, you just a Mouse puppet. You are in the Klan now. 

Aggy is your standard:) 

So much pain, rage, and angst in this statement... 
Comparing Aggy and UT is like comparing FEDEX to the USPS. 

Aggy has never been, and will never be, UT's standard...

Just now, Soccer Dudes Dad said:

So much pain, rage, and angst in this statement... 
Comparing Aggy and UT is like comparing FEDEX to the USPS. 

Aggy has never been, and will never be, UT's standard...

To aggy's credit, the grown-ups finally were able to convince the redneck idiots in the family to shut the fuck up and act like an adult and vote "yes."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, austintiger said:

if the state wants to force UT to remain then they should force A&M back to the Big 12. The meltdown alone would be worth it :)

And might as well add Houston and SMU. And North Texas. And Texas State. Hell throw ACU in there.

4 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

To aggy's credit, the grown-ups finally were able to convince the redneck idiots in the family to shut the fuck up and act like an adult and vote "yes."

Someone should convince douchey Doyle to shut the fuck up too. 
I guess some aren't bothered by confirming their idiocy publicly.

4 minutes ago, austintiger said:

if the state wants to force UT to remain then they should force A&M back to the Big 12. The meltdown alone would be worth it :)

Yea this is where shit will get fucky and fall apart at the legislature level. There is no way Texas will accept something that pigeon holes them without including A&M which will also help derail the entire proposed bill 

1 hour ago, bar said:

Yeah. We'll see if the GOR holds up in court. I don't think any conference wants to see that play out.

Narrator: It won't.  Or rather, there's not ever going to be "in court."  It'll be negotiated and settled, just like all the other contracts.  

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

The Baylor should do what is necessary to do that. They do not need UT to remain P5. It’s not UT’s job to make sure Baylor remains P5–that’s Baylor’s job.

I have my reservations about going to the SEC, but one thing I'm really looking forward to, is NOT having to carry all the little brothers like this, anymore.  

Joining a conference with good leadership and partners that are capable of pulling their own weight?  What an unbelievable relief that will be.  

10 minutes ago, Pancho said:

The Baylor should do what is necessary to do that. They do not need UT to remain P5. It’s not UT’s job to make sure Baylor remains P5–that’s Baylor’s job.

They're doing that because politics is really their only option.  No conference wants to invite a university worth so little and covered with so many scandals.  It worked for them last time, but they're fucked this time.  Good riddance, they should have gotten the death penalty during the Briles era.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

It's -100, he's already crowd sourced

image.png.1a81eb558319d92996865818e93b8419.png

There has to be a provision for speed. Ordinarily it's -200 to be fully crowded out.

From the purgatory masthead

YOU HAVE ENTERED PURGATORY

There are 2 phases to being crowd source banned at Surly Horns now.

Step 1: you get to purgatory at -100 rep. You lose all posting privileges everywhere else

Step 2: permanent banination at -200 rep.

Once you are in purgatory you cannot see rep you receive and from whom, you also cannot give rep. If you start a topic that gets you the good will of community saving you then you can rejoin. If you are still a piece of shit you can get fucked and be gone.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Should I be shocked or amazed that all it took was the SEC saying shut the fuck up or hit the road was all it took for the 2% with any brains over there to step in and take control?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DiceHands said:

Am I the only one that suspects that Tech is the one that ratted out ESPN if those rumors are true?  They are already salty about the Beard situation, and they have a pretty poor history with ESPN (craig james did kill 5 hookers afterall).  

Either way, I dont get the plea from the Big 12.  Its like asking the employees of a dying company to stick around and work until the lights go off without looking for another job first.  Why would they stick around to make the Big 12 every last drop of money possible when they could bounce and secure their future for the next 10-20 years?

Big 12 dumb.

Given Filo Bedo, I mean Doyle's reaction,  I think that's as good a guess as any.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Hey guys, a friend just sent me a video of Bradley Cooper as Texas humping Louis CK as aggy, it's hilarious. Let me find the link and I'll post it, you guys will love it!!!!!!

We should rename this the “Bradley cooper Texas video and what time is the SEC meeting” thread. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Unless I'm missing some reporting. It seems like both the B1G and PAC aren't looking to expand, even though some are saying the race to super-conferences has begun. Even though TCU, Tech, and OSU won't add value right away, you'd think the PAC would want to bring at least 2 of them in. Maybe they are making a play for ND? If they could land that whale, they could ensure their future. I dont know, I dont understand it. I guess they are just not seeing the vvalue? Seems short sighted from my limited point of view.

If adding any combo of the irate 8 doesn't increase payout to all schools it won't work. I'm sure numbers are being crunched as to value of central time zone slot as that is the real value - not any specific school.  ND would never go to the PAC.  Can't fathom that as a possibility.

17 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

There has to be a provision for speed. Ordinarily it's -200 to be fully crowded out.

From the purgatory masthead

YOU HAVE ENTERED PURGATORY

There are 2 phases to being crowd source banned at Surly Horns now.

Step 1: you get to purgatory at -100 rep. You lose all posting privileges everywhere else

Step 2: permanent banination at -200 rep.

Once you are in purgatory you cannot see rep you receive and from whom, you also cannot give rep. If you start a topic that gets you the good will of community saving you then you can rejoin. If you are still a piece of shit you can get fucked and be gone.

I got him on number 200.

Mods can back me up. 

I feel like Rafterman at the end of full metal jacket. 

image.jpeg.040dae9ac922f5f1923dddd8ce13b904.jpeg

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Not before the SEC brass told them to fall in line. That is the one thing we have been missing all these years, someone more than just us telling them to get fucked. When it comes from other sources they beta right into line. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

Didn't aggy technically finish 4 last year after the CFP? Doesn't mean shit to me, but for that stat, I think it does?

They were not selected to the CFP so they didn't finish in the Top 4.

However, I believe at least one of the polls voted them in the Top 4 after the CFP finals were complete.

So, it depends on your definition and perspective.

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

That's my point, if the buyout money goes away and there's only 2-4 "leftovers," then yeah, maybe. But the articles are implying that ESPN is trying to talk the leftovers into joining the AAC now to kill the buyout. That makes zero sense. They need to be trying to help OSU, Tech, KU, ISU, WVU, and maybe even KSU, find a P4 home, not colluding with the AAC. Only Baylor and TCU seem to be a shoo-in for the AAC, maybe KSU. The rest have good arguments for P4 invites.

My friend, I know you're a smart guy and I'll trust the bolded appraisal having read little about this subject.

I will only add that any story that makes zero sense is usually incomplete or untrue.

I do hope you keep posting here after the dust and blood settle. I'm unhappy that teams like y'all or many of the other schools of the Big 12 may face a reduction in status. I don't feel that Texas is causing this. I think Texas is looking at the future and reacting accordingly. 

I wish the best for you guys as the landscape changes.

6 minutes ago, utee94 said:

They were not selected to the CFP so they didn't finish in the Top 4.

However, I believe at least one of the polls voted them in the Top 4 after the CFP finals were complete.

So, it depends on your definition and perspective.

Just check the wall. I’m sure aggy put it up there.

• Haha 1