Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

Yeah, what Texas should have done is said "hey guys, it's been great hanging out with you, but we've been talking to the SEC and well..."

And then Bob and the angry mob would have said "thanks, you guys do the best for you" 

AND THEN NONE OF THIS MESS WOULD HAVE EVER HAPPENED!  

Whiney bitch, fuck you Kirk. 

SEC 2022

Edited by Dewey
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Where does one obtain a true burnt orange blazer? Asking for a friend.

Went looking to see if I could find a match to what either one of them is wearing. This one is nice (not a match l) but shit y’all’s stuff is expensive. Or at least the nice blazers are expensive. 

https://mobile.yoox.com/us/49637392KP/item?gender=U&kpid=US-49637392KP-6-PE21&adtype=pla&tp=206533&gclid=CjwKCAjwo4mIBhBsEiwAKgzXOOX9dtXHRqrGGYnxUkBSnqYX7gv3d5vMV6yZgxyCpViGrhaO_LB4HhoCJoMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#cod10=49637392KP&sizeId=-1

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Some of your Olds still do.  Or they pay $2 for it at Circle K with their morning coffee. 

Hey I'm (sorta) old and I haven't subbed to a newspaper in 10 years.  I kinda do miss the Sunday funnies, but most of my favorite cartoonists either died off or quit the biz.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

I was checking out binoculars on the internet. I haven’t really cared to check out much of the action on the field in the past decade but now I feel like they might be a good investment for home games. I’m guessing the away games are going to be tough to get into. Glad I have season tickets. Glad my family kept all 6. There were thoughts about letting go of two of them…so glad we didn’t do that.

Any recommendations on smaller binoculars?

I always used binoculars no matter if it was the lower or upper deck on the West side.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Went looking to see if I could find a match to what either one of them is wearing. This one is nice (not a match l) but shit y’all’s stuff is expensive. Or at least the nice blazers are expensive. 

https://mobile.yoox.com/us/49637392KP/item?gender=U&kpid=US-49637392KP-6-PE21&adtype=pla&tp=206533&gclid=CjwKCAjwo4mIBhBsEiwAKgzXOOX9dtXHRqrGGYnxUkBSnqYX7gv3d5vMV6yZgxyCpViGrhaO_LB4HhoCJoMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#cod10=49637392KP&sizeId=-1

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Where does one obtain a true burnt orange blazer? Asking for a friend.

Depends on how much you wanna spend 

$300-$500 then you need to just watch out at Dillards or Macys. Eventually you can find something pretty good. I find Polo has a shade that’s pretty spot on I’m my eyes.

If you wanna pay more then you can go look at cloth swatches with a tailor in Dallas. That will run you in the neighborhood of $2500-3K

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Actually, I expected it to be more than that.
Don't seem worth it if it doesn't have a Texas "T" on it or Longhorn logo, or both.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

That gif is painful today...  RIP Dusty 🙏🙏🙏

Cool as fuck. Not for nothing but I’ve been listening to ZZ Top a lot today. Cranked it up to 11 when the news broke that we were SEC official.

Slight O/T Billy Gibbons goes to my dentist. Crazy stuff to see that guy sitting in the waiting room with the rest of us plebeians.

As much as I can BS online I had nothing. Not even a “hey.” Felt dumb…tried to act like I didn’t know who he was. He looked over at me a smiled and said, “sure is a nice day today.” Then they called for him for his appointment.

RIP Dusty. Damn.

I am still trying to process going to the SEC. 🤘🏼

4E9BE332-550D-4C54-829F-41164E8C3440.gif

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

$300-$500 then you need to just watch out at Dillards or Macys. Eventually you can find something pretty good. I find Polo has a shade that’s pretty spot on I’m my eyes.

If you wanna pay more then you can go look at cloth swatches with a tailor in Dallas. That will run you in the neighborhood of $2500-3K

For just a blazer I'm confident you could get for less than that. 2500 to 3000 can get you a whole suit from a good tailor. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Ur welcome. Just trying to do my part. Lol.

Was looking back at old pics with my Dad and not realizing just a few short years after I graduated he would pass away. He would have loved this moment. Since he probably wouldn’t be on the internet he’d be calling into the Finebaum show laughing his ass off. 

Those of you from that wonderful Urban Meyer unicorn of thread would remember…but my Panhandle Peep is absolutely loving ever minute of this. 

F18C6F90-831E-4936-A901-E98A679DD972.jpeg

Man, even today, I envy your Dad's killer 'stache.

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

It’s weird how my Baylor and Tech friends are mad at me, like I had a vote or made this happen. 

Fuck 'em.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Kirk Bohls is an embarrassment. That guy should not be employeed by the AAS. I would really like to see the major AAS advertisers, who are left, drop the AAS until that fuckhead is rightfully gone. 

No. Kirk Bohls is doing exactly what he is paid by the Statesman to do. He pisses people off, so people click on his Twatter feed and links to the AAS to see what other dumbassery he's spewing, thus driving clicks to the site. He is not paid to be accurate or insightful. He's paid to sell newspapers, and outrage sells. Every last one of you dumb fucks quoting him or responding to him feeds the troll.

Don't feed the troll. Like futureman, put him on ignore, don't look, don't respond.

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Bowlsby is reminding me of someone…

giphy.gif

An uncanny resemblance.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’ve been hit and miss on this thread this afternoon.  Was the vote tally released?

if it was 13 or 14 yes votes (or even 12 I think since Aggy/Mizzou vote was 11-0?) then is it accurate to say that no university in history has received more votes to join the sec than Texas?  *tie with ou 

Yes we got more votes then aggy did. Scoreboard you fucking yokels

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Cool as fuck. Not for nothing but I’ve been listening to ZZ Top a lot today. Cranked it up to 11 when the news broke that we were SEC official.

Slight O/T Billy Gibbons goes to my dentist. Crazy stuff to see that guy sitting in the waiting room with the rest of us plebeians.

As much as I can BS online I had nothing. Not even a “hey.” Felt dumb…tried to act like I didn’t know who he was. He looked over at me a smiled and said, “sure is a nice day today.” Then they called for him for his appointment.

RIP Dusty. Damn.

I am still trying to process going to the SEC. 🤘🏼

4E9BE332-550D-4C54-829F-41164E8C3440.gif

Yeah, I was doing the ZZ Top marathon today. Barely scraped their discography, though (I had meetings). Gonna pour one out for ol' Dusty later tonight.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Unfortunately I’m about 1,000 miles from the closest Dillard’s and 1,400 from Dallas. Next time I’m in NYC I’ll go to my suit guy.  

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Unfortunately I’m about 1,000 miles from the closest Dillard’s and 1,400 from Dallas. Next time I’m in NYC I’ll go to my suit guy.  

Sorry. Not trying to sound snooty. Like I said, Ive had real good lunch with polo when I’ve happened on them. Get 2 sizes big and have a tailor fit it and you’ll look like a million and wont be pissed if you spill a bit of beer on it

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Sorry. Not trying to sound snooty. Like I said, Ive had real good lunch with polo when I’ve happened on them. Get 2 sizes big and have a tailor fit it and you’ll look like a million and wont be pissed if you spill a bit of beer on it

you do the same with jerseys?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, camel at sea said:

Eh, the news cycle moves fast.  If none of the other 8 have a landing spot, then they'll probably be able to get a better paying deal than the one the AAC has.  Even assuming the Big 12 is burning the bridge with Disney, the Irate 8 could probably work out a deal to play on FOX platforms and CBS (the CBS cable sports channel and/or their streaming platform.)  It's still a seller's market on the inventory front. 

A wise old defense lawyer once told a guy I worked for when asked whether he supported tort reform in the 90s, which he disagreed with but would have ultimately helped his insurance company clients save some money, he said in response  “you don’t shit where you eat.”

Bowlsby and the big 12 are taking a huge dump on their own dinner plates. It ain’t gonna work out well for them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

A wise old defense lawyer once told a guy I worked for when asked whether he supported tort reform in the 90s, which he disagreed with but would have ultimately helped his insurance company clients save some money, he said in response  “you don’t shit where you eat.”

Bowlsby and the big 12 are taking a huge dump on their own dinner plates. It ain’t gonna work out well for them.

SopranoEat.gif.d8fb30a5306af996f9906eb67f274f69.gif

• Haha 1