Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

13 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I was checking out binoculars on the internet. I haven’t really cared to check out much of the action on the field in the past decade but now I feel like they might be a good investment for home games. I’m guessing the away games are going to be tough to get into. Glad I have season tickets. Glad my family kept all 6. There were thoughts about letting go of two of them…so glad we didn’t do that.

Any recommendations on smaller binoculars?

I highly recommend these!

Papa Bert Barnoculars Binocular Flask

You can't go wrong with the barnoculars!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Some key excerpts:

...CBS Sports spoke with several high-profile administrators who will have a direct hand in the discussions. Their conclusion is that the entire proposed structure and access to the CFP must be reevaluated, to remove the automatic bid for the Big 12, as a result of forthcoming conference realignment as triggered by the moves of Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC...

...The 10 FBS commissioners are due to meet with the CFP Board of Managers (conference presidents) regarding expansion in September. The goal is to summarize findings after in-depth talks with athletes, coaches and administrators on their campuses. That's the next step toward finalizing a 12-team structure...

...However, more than one Power Five Four source told CBS Sports that the September date could be pushed back because of the SEC's actions. Complicating matters is Bowlsby's assertion that ESPN conspired with Texas, Oklahoma and the American Athletic Conference to take down his conference in realignment...

Fixed it.

9 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

You should, since we aren't getting an expanded playoff unless all the conferences vote for it.  And it appears that both the P12 and ACC are getting worried about the SEC and B1G possibly raiding them, and the B1G has to be wary about the SEC's intentions, too.  It isn't just the P12.

Jon Wilner, one of the most connected reporters in the Pac12, had a column several days ago talking about how it has long been speculated that the SEC, maybe the B1G, and ESPN could be working towards forming a premier league of maybe 30-40 something schools that would break away.  Nicole Auerbach and Andy Staples have a similar article tonight (paywalled, or I'd post it) that starts out with how Sankey was pimping a book about the English premier league formation a couple of years ago.

So you've got at least half the P5 schools concerned that they could soon get B12'ed, even some B1G schools.  Things are unlikely to go easy peasy smooth the next few months or more.

I think you are right that the other schools/conferences are going to get scared and pull back on this...which is the opposite of what they should do.

The SEC wants to expand playoffs so they can get more members included.  Give 4 automatic bids and 8 at large.  This will give the SEC which is now more top heavy than other conferences, added teams and $'s.  With the expanded SEC this is wanted/needed more than ever.

OR, the other teams can get scared and back away on the proposal and the SEC will then feel compelled to create the super league.

As LBJ said "I'd rather have him in the tent pissing out, than out of the tent pissing in."

8 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

He had the Aggie beat when they were good. He loved them and proving he wasn't a Texas homer. Didn't vote VY for Heisman.

Oh yeah. I know. He was already hated when I walked onto campus in 1983. And that VY Heisman shit ... fuck that puto. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

THE UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA July 30, 2021 AGENDA SPECIAL MEETING THE UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA BOARD OF REGENTS ROBERT M. BIRD LIBRARY AUDITORIUM THE UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA HEALTH SCIENCES CENTER OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA JULY 30, 2021, 9:00 A.M. NOT WITHSTANDING THAT AN ITEM MAY INDICATE FOR DISCUSSION AND/OR INFORMATION ONLY, ALL AGENDA ITEMS ARE FOR DISCUSSION AND WHATEVER FURTHER ACTION THE REGENTS DEEM NECESSARY OR ADVISABLE TO DISCHARGE THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL POWERS OF GOVERNMENT INCLUDING APPROVAL, ACCEPTANCE, REJECTION, AMENDMENT, AND/OR POSTPONEMENT.

1. Call to Order

2. Item #1 - Athletics Conference Membership Discussion, consideration and potential action concerning the University of Oklahoma’s athletics conference membership. Executive Session pursuant to 25 O.S. § 307(B)(4) may be proposed for confidential communications between the Board and its attorney(s) concerning potential claims, where the Board’s attorney has determined disclosure will seriously impair the ability of the Board to process the claim(s) in the public interest as authorized under 25 O.S. § 307(B)(4)

3. Adjourn

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

So we have 366 days to blow it up so we can start membership August 1, 2022.

Let's blow this fucking conference to bits and Sark, Elliot, Vic, Beard, Reese, Pierce, etc. need to win it on their way out. 

not so fast!

9732476.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=1200:630,off

1 minute ago, Texasrocks said:

The right meth to mobile home mix to pay for a $40 million buyout may not be the right mix for an $80 million buyout. Shits complicated.

Watch OU reject the invitation. Won't happen, but if it's taking this long to decide I wouldn't be surprised if they have some doubts. 

20 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

1. Call to Order

2. Item #1 - Athletics Conference Membership Discussion, consideration and potential action concerning the University of Oklahoma’s athletics conference membership. Executive Session pursuant to 25 O.S. § 307(B)(4) may be proposed for confidential communications between the Board and its attorney(s) concerning potential claims, where the Board’s attorney has determined disclosure will seriously impair the ability of the Board to process the claim(s) in the public interest as authorized under 25 O.S. § 307(B)(4)

3. Item #2 - Discussion of why OU sucks and selection of subcommittee to recommend action to minimize OU sucking, if any.

4. Adjourn

You missed the revised agenda.  I think they're getting caught up on Item #2.

• Hook 'Em 1