Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

Serious question, did the leak from Aggy move up the timeline, or were 0U and the University always planning to announce this before the football season starts?

And fuck Baylor and fuck Aggy.
I'm not sure, but I am pretty sure they'd try to keep it quiet unless we really can start playing in the SEC next season..not 2023, and for damn sure not 2025. Anything less than SEC in '22 and CDC is giving Sark an unneccesary roadblock in recruiting.

6 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Because, in the end, the SEC’s priority was Texas rather than Texas A&M.

6 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Bingo.....we have a winner!

Texas and OU were the SEC's priority way back in the beginning, too. It just took a while, largely because of aggy crying to the Legislature ...

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:
I posted an article earlier today claiming TCU might (though not necessarily likely) be a surprise option for the Pac, and one of the reasons given was, 'Their willingness to be flexible'.  Not sure what that could mean other than from a financial standpoint, as in taking a lesser payout than the rest of the league.  With the way their donors stepped up to pay for the stadium upgrades and avoid debt, I can see them being able to afford to move cheap in order to stay in a P4 conference.
Earlier this week the former head of ESPN said that even after cord cutting, getting a footprint in a new state is a significant money boost for any conference with a channel.  So a Texas school would be a big addition in that regard if the Pac reworks their channel.  Incremental revenue to close the gap.  Same for the ACC, which helps ESPN.  Maybe other side benefits like recruiting.
Not sure the ACC would swallow their pride like they did with Louisville and look the other way on Tech's academic standing.  But TCU and Baylor, while not AAU, seem to rank pretty good.  And of course Baylor would be a big basketball addition.  That's another thing that the ESPN ex-boss said, that while basketball only is about 20% of the revenue is most conferences, it's closer to 35% for the ACC, and thus Kansas might make sense for them.
So the ACC might have some B12 options, especially if unequal revenue sharing is considered.    

Ahh shit. The flexible thing reminded me of one thing I'll miss about froggy...their Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders farm team. Of course I only live a few minutes away from Amon Carter..and good seats will be easier to come by these days.

Strong DCC farm team talent was what I missed about the ponies' (SMU) cheerleaders.  Lulz.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Chooky said:

Hey, SEC.  What's up?  Cool.  Whatever.  Fuck Alabama.

Yeah, SEC, they've always been like that.  When you've got 30 million people, a certain percentage aren't gonna be right.  I wish I could tell you that they'll quietly accept reality when we start throttling them every year again.  But the truth is that they're gonna get worse, and louder.  Sorry you had to take them to eventually get us.

https://www.wxyz.com/sports/kickoff-time-tv-set-for-2021-ohio-state-michigan-game

Posted at 3:24 PM, May 14, 2021

(WXYZ) -- The Big Ten has announced details for the Ohio State vs. Michigan game on Saturday, November 27.

The 117th edition of the rivalry, known simply as "The Game," will kick off at Noon and be televised by FOX, which has aired the game each year since 2017.

yes, "The Game" kicks off at noon eastern.  it has forever.

2 minutes ago, ousux said:
I posted an article earlier today claiming TCU might (though not necessarily likely) be a surprise option for the Pac, and one of the reasons given was, 'Their willingness to be flexible'.  Not sure what that could mean other than from a financial standpoint, as in taking a lesser payout than the rest of the league.  With the way their donors stepped up to pay for the stadium upgrades and avoid debt, I can see them being able to afford to move cheap in order to stay in a P4 conference.
Earlier this week the former head of ESPN said that even after cord cutting, getting a footprint in a new state is a significant money boost for any conference with a channel.  So a Texas school would be a big addition in that regard if the Pac reworks their channel.  Incremental revenue to close the gap.  Same for the ACC, which helps ESPN.  Maybe other side benefits like recruiting.
Not sure the ACC would swallow their pride like they did with Louisville and look the other way on Tech's academic standing.  But TCU and Baylor, while not AAU, seem to rank pretty good.  And of course Baylor would be a big basketball addition.  That's another thing that the ESPN ex-boss said, that while basketball only is about 20% of the revenue is most conferences, it's closer to 35% for the ACC, and thus Kansas might make sense for them.
So the ACC might have some B12 options, especially if unequal revenue sharing is considered.    

Ahh shit. The flexible thing reminded me of one thing I'll miss about froggy...their Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders farm team. Of course I only live a few minutes away from Amon Carter..and good seats will be easier to come by these days.

Something happens to girls when they go to TCU.  Dated one in high school for a few months.  Let’s calll her a cute 7.  Fast forward 5 years and I run into her at a party.  Holy fuck! Cupgrade was the main highlight, but jfc she was an absolutely smoke show.  Iron sharpens iron or some such shit.

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think the NFL effectively killed off the CFB Thursday Night game. The old Big East Thursday Night games were a lot of fun. I remember watching a lot of Rutgers games in 2006. 

ACC did a lot.  But yes, TH night is for CUSA/AAC/MAC/MWC/BYU now since the NFL minimizes ratings.  Thursday night is a good night for TV ratings.  Tuesday would have worked better for the NFL schedule, but they decided to steal from College football.

17 minutes ago, US183 said:

I spent some time over at sec rant today. Most of their shit right now is aggy stirring up hate for Texas. One of the main things that rant is looking forward to, like a kid on Christmas morning, is the “can’t wait to do the horns down, that’s really going to piss those sips off”. 

Anyway, when a bull is ready to beat the shit out of someone, it puts its horns down and kicks ass. When need to adopt this attitude also. We just took everything away from aggy as “sec sec sec” was all they had. Let’s take “horns down” away from these A-Holes also. 

giphy.gif

Fuck SEC Rant. I feel like I lose brain cells every time I try reading something from those moronic simpletons.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Hey, SEC.  What's up?  Cool.  Whatever.  Fuck Alabama.

For some reason this gif will never get old for me. The guy on the far left is pretty cute...BUT...its his reaction to all of this. Not unlike I think @closetojumping and @SydneyCarton react when they read surly posts..."Like who the fuck are these people?" And yet, I still like them anyway. 

GIF by SB Nation

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Most ACC insiders are saying that’s their best option.  They can do something crazy nuts like go get the 4 Pac12 schools before the Big10 does and try something out of the box, which some sports guys are saying that’s what they should do instead of adding WVU.  I was listening to a CFB podcast on Sunday and an ACC guy (forgot his name) basically said he’s hearing that splitting the pie with another school that isn’t going to bring you SEC/Big10 type money isn’t going over well with ACC folks.  They are questioning why expand if we aren’t going to get a brand (Texas/OU) that will get us that type of money?

Hell, even WVU fans don’t think they are on the ACC radar because of the ACC telling them “thanks but no thanks” before.  That doesn’t mean they can’t get an invite, but I don’t think the probability is very high (it’s there—not high).

The ACC can't raise it's ceiling (unless it adds ND), but it could raise its floor. Work on a partnership with the B1G - set up as many permanent/semi-permanent cross-conference rivalries as possible. Something like Pitt vs PSU as the first game of the year each season for both teams. Ohio State vs Florida State, Clemson vs Michigan, etc. With an expanded playoff and automatic bids, there's not as big a penalty for scheduling tougher non-conference games. If they can drop a few teams, that's even better. They may not get Texas vs OU, but at least they can avoid Wake Forest vs ... anyone. 

The irate 8 could go the partnership route as well. Ditch the Kansas schools and Baylor (because fuck them), add whoever makes sense from the AAC to get enough decent football programs (Cincinnati, Houston?). Then use Texas and OU as leverage to get the SEC to commit to a long-term partnership. Texas and OU get to leave at the end of the year in exchange for the SEC dropping its late season FCS games to play teams from the new conference. Texas and A&M would still be playing the Texas teams every now and then anyway and I'm sure OU will still play OSU so its not a huge ask. Arkansas and Mizzou probably wouldn't mind an extra Texas game every other year. Promise the new conference 6-10 home/away pairings each year and the value of the conference goes up while the SEC gets recruiting trips to Texas and better non-conference scheduling. Do the same thing with the B1G by taking advantage of geography to get deals with Ohio State, Oregon, Nebraska and anyone else that wants to recruit Texas. The big name schools get regular recruiting trips to Houston/DFW and the new conference get's high-value TV games. 

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

Fuck off Sips!
(Did I do that right - or should I misspell 2 of the 3 words to honor Aggy?)

to learn and use aggy you have to first recognize that i just used aggy as a noun, as in "to learn and speak jive".... aggy is a language, but we can't teach it to you

you don't honor aggy, but you can speak it

please go to the rant and start a thread asking if you are permitted to speak aggy and report back

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Droopy said:

After hearing for the last two weeks, essentially, from aggys around me, that Texas will never be a member of the SEC, A$M won’t allow it because we have a conference that cares about its members and their goals, it won’t be a unanimous vote to approve, you’ll get in but you won’t be treated like a full fledge member, to you better come in and kiss the rings because we have more pull/prestige than you think,etc… I’d just like to say, thanks for holding our spot cucks. We’re good now. You can go back to the corner to watch. 🤘🏼

Yeah, like the dumbass ag that just a couple weeks ago told me that not only did the SEC want aggy & not Texas the first time around, but that the SEC wouldn't have even let Texas in. 

There. Is. No. More. Delusional. Fanbase.

ETA: Your post reminded me of my discussion with this dipshit, so I looked up a couple of his tweets and bumped em.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Yessssssssssssssssssssirrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

I mean seriously, how old a coot do you have to be to have been an adult while we had all 3 of the big rivalries going at once? It's awesome. The little piggies and farmers tried to escape us spanking their little asses for fun and they locked themselves up in a house and the owners of the house let us right in.

vs Arky: 55-22
vs A&M: 76-37
vs OU: 62-49

We're back, bitches, ARE YOU GLAD TO SEE US!?!?!?!

Its only back to 1991.  So if you are 36 or so you should remember it.  Adult, well that would be 48.

I'm old enough to remember when UH was our #3 rival after the Sooners and pigs.

• Hook 'Em 1

I spent some time over at sec rant today. Most of their shit right now is aggy stirring up hate for Texas. One of the main things that rant is looking forward to, like a kid on Christmas morning, is the “can’t wait to do the horns down, that’s really going to piss those sips off”. 

I never got the ‘sips’ thing. Near as I can tell, they are saying “those upper class educated professionals think they are better than us sheep fucking farmers….”

So…….yeah?
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, wood said:

Yeah, like the dumbass ag that just a couple weeks ago told me that not only did the SEC want aggy & not Texas the first time around, but that the SEC wouldn't have even let Texas in. 

Soon they'll be saying that the SEC only took us to get ou.  I'm a little surprised they haven't thought of it yet.  Wait, no, I'm not.

Perhaps one of us should plant a seed on texags...

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I never got the ‘sips’ thing. Near as I can tell, they are saying “those upper class educated professionals think they are better than us sheep fucking farmers….”

So…….yeah?

It’s because they all went off to singlehandedly win WWII whilst the sips stayed home sipping tea. But mainly it’s because they are fucking stupid. 

6 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

So…….yeah?

I think that’s pretty close.

It’s like bragging about not having “T-Shirt” fans.   Their point being that everyone loves you even if they did not go to school there and taking immense pride in the fact that NO ONE could possibly root for Aggie unless they went to school there and received the brain washing.  

Also taking pride in their statement “From the outside you can’t understand it, and from the inside you can’t explain it!”  Which means everyone thinks you are so weird they can’t fathom what you are saying and doing, and that you are so fucking weird that you can’t even explain it to people!  

And they brag about this.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

For some reason this gif will never get old for me. The guy on the far left is pretty cute...BUT...its his reaction to all of this. Not unlike I think @closetojumping and @SydneyCarton react when they read surly posts..."Like who the fuck are these people?" And yet, I still like them anyway. 

GIF by SB Nation

fuck. 

so now here I go the the fridge to warm up that queso from dinner last night

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Tony from Florida on the Pawwwwwl SHow - "I really this addition of Texas and Oklahoma because it gives us somebody else to hate and by that I mean Texas" 

He must be young.  He doesn't remember the Florida band playing "The Eyes of Texas" before their bowl coalition game vs. FSU.

1 hour ago, TenCarryTom said:

The new airport terminal is what’s gonna get them into the Big 10. Complete GameChanger. 

Braniff, Central, Eastern, Frontier, Mid-Continent and TWA are not around to restore their hubs at MCI to provide nonstop service to ohio state, pedder, purdue, illinois indiana and wisconsin

14 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

So…….yeah?

yep. 

they’re the people who hate on their neighbors for using electricity

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

So…….yeah?

Remember their full aggy president talking about how they were going to kick those Tea sippers tails back to Austin in their little cars.

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Yessssssssssssssssssssirrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

I mean seriously, how old a coot do you have to be to have been an adult while we had all 3 of the big rivalries going at once? It's awesome. The little piggies and farmers tried to escape us spanking their little asses for fun and they locked themselves up in a house and the owners of the house let us right in.

vs Arky: 55-22
vs A&M: 76-37
vs OU: 62-49

We're back, bitches, ARE YOU GLAD TO SEE US!?!?!?!

Can’t wait.  I think we even have a winning record against you skanks since we left the SWC.  Holla

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Something happens to girls when they go to TCU.  Dated one in high school for a few months.  Let’s calll her a cute 7.  Fast forward 5 years and I run into her at a party.  Holy fuck! Cupgrade was the main highlight, but jfc she was an absolutely smoke show.  Iron sharpens iron or some such shit.

Females do NOT peak at 18.  I can think of a couple of Longhorn girls I knew who got hotter in their 20s.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Don't have time to read the whole thread.  Is this really not happening until 2025??

Obviously the Big 12 have an idea what the next contract negotiations are going to look like and it isn't pretty...  And that was with Texas and OU still included. Why else would the two leave with an expanded playoff that both could make practically yearly (if Texas gets its shit together).

Now imagine the $$$ without Texas and OU. The first school to get a decent offer will jump. And that's all it takes.  Once the Big 12 drops below 8 members, they break their contract with ESPN, who could (likely will) dry up the cash well.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, wood said:

ETA: Your post reminded me of my discussion with this dipshit, so I looked up a couple of his tweets and bumped em.

The stupid, it burns . . . 

aggy can burn down this marketing ploy . . . 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I mean the whole reason they ended up in the Big 12 to begin with was because the ACC didn't want them. I am not sure what has changed since then.

They chose Pitt and Syracuse over WVU because markets, academics, and basketball.  When Maryland left (and WVU was already in the Big12) everyone thought they’d grab UConn for the same reason but they finally figured out the football was driving force to more money and bigger TV deals so they picked Louisville (smaller market, weak academics, but good fb/bb).  This was a major change to the ACC’s thoughts on expansion.  Now we all know they are waiting on NDfb so they won’t go to 16 (unless maybe via a fb only deal) but who is the best school they could realistically get to go along with ND?  West Virginia and Cincy are the only real candidates when the other options are UConn, Temple, Memphis or schools already in the ACC/SEC footprint (FL/GA/SC/NC/VA).  West Virginia is available now with very little complications thanks to us and like I said before the ACC doesn’t want to appear weak by not expanding when the SEC is and the B1G might be looking their way.  This also reportedly allows them to renegotiate their TV deal for more money.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

The irate 8 could go the partnership route as well. Ditch the Kansas schools and Baylor (because fuck them), add whoever makes sense from the AAC to get enough decent football programs (Cincinnati, Houston?). Then use Texas and OU as leverage to get the SEC to commit to a long-term partnership. Texas and OU get to leave at the end of the year in exchange for the SEC dropping its late season FCS games to play teams from the new conference. Texas and A&M would still be playing the Texas teams every now and then anyway and I'm sure OU will still play OSU so its not a huge ask. Arkansas and Mizzou probably wouldn't mind an extra Texas game every other year. Promise the new conference 6-10 home/away pairings each year and the value of the conference goes up while the SEC gets recruiting trips to Texas and better non-conference scheduling.

Probably don't have to ditch anyone to make this work.  ISU and KSU play good enough football.  KU finally made a good hire for football and their primary rival is in the SEC.  There are a lot of potentially interesting match-ups between the Irate8 and the SEC West.

KU-Mizzou
OSU-OU
SWC exes (TTU/BU/TCU/UH) - SWC exes (UT/A&M/Arky)

Maybe you could get Tennessee or Vandy or someone else to play WVU or Cincinnati.  In the long run, the Big 12 - if it survives - probably eventually ends up in a position to poach from the PAC or ACC after they get poached.  Might have to wait a decade on that, though.   

53 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

So…….yeah?

It is a derogatory term. For many years all students at aggy belonged to the corp of cadets. The term was to imply that while aggy was off fighting wars, Texas students were at home sipping tea. 

So…….yeah?

Yes, pretty close.  Aggy is outside tending to the farm.  Texas consists of doctors and lawyers and such comfortably inside sitting and sipping tea.  And, that’s fair.  Hot as shit outside in Texas.

Edited by 89Horn

So…….yeah?

Pinky Up GIFs | Tenor

Edited by RollLeft
  • Hook 'Em 1