Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

3 hours ago, bullet said:

Its only back to 1991.  So if you are 36 or so you should remember it.  Adult, well that would be 48.

I'm old enough to remember when UH was our #3 rival after the Sooners and pigs.

Me too.  UH and SMU were formidable opponents when I was a kid.  The first Texas game I ever attended in 1976, UH beat our asses in Memorial Stadium 30-0.

1 minute ago, Celery Man said:

1) I’m worried that the Bowlsby thinks people can’t change conferences

2) this whole new conference slicks back REAL nice

1) He Slept. This is obvious. Earlier reports were, "OU was right there looking at him at those meetings and he had no idea."  What people were at those meetings? Also, not complimenting OU but good poker face whoever that was or whomever.

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Can we make negs count double for people with less than 100 posts?  We are generally pretty accepting of people who want to talk shit, but just plain trolls get identified pretty quick

I guess you missed my point, or I didn’t deliver it well. I was merely stating this board is going to be getting a lot busier with a lot of fans from the other popular SEC boards going forward. 

He must be young.  He doesn't remember the Florida band playing "The Eyes of Texas" before their bowl coalition game vs. FSU.

Gators loved us some Roll Left Longhorns. The Buckeyes ruining Jake the Snakes’ night completed the path to eventual Nole destruction and our first MNC.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

I guess you missed my point, or I didn’t deliver it well. I was merely stating this board is going to be getting a lot busier with a lot of fans from the other popular SEC boards going forward. 

Nevermind. I’m drunk.

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

What in tar nation! I’ve heard a lot of strange shit on here but this one better go in the surly hall of fame. I’d bang that dude in a heart beat to not spend one second in a ocean of piss. 

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

Sure, but what about if you had to be bottom

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

That scenario, world pool of piss, is plenty of reason to do whatever I gotta do bud. Maybe I’ll get lucky and he will die from all the ammonia before I have to fuck around and find out. Lulz 

There was a time I would agree with you. Then my dog got old and had trouble pissing. Followed that up with twin girls. I’ve dealt with so much piss and poo in the past 4 years I don’t think it bothers me anymore. I have woken up in pools of piss at 4am with my little daughter demanding I change her yucky clothes. Hell, my daughter pissed all over me while sitting on my lap yesterday at dinner with the in-laws at a steak place. 

EFBB6059-9EB0-4450-8430-769A4E7A6B5B.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just catching up and yep, the trolls will soon be a problem.

Most of the Ir8te fans are smart enough to know they are too stupid to get on here and the ones that do and manage to hang around are mostly decent sorts.

I'm afraid the vast majority of the SECrant crowd is too dumb to know how stupid they are and will inundate us with goofy bullshit.

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Never have been that guy's sugar baby or anyone else's for that matter. He feels like he still owes my dad (dad was a pathologist - which i mentioned before and helped to save his life) so I am in good standing in his book. I don't know if he is on Eltife's wealth scale but he is pretty powerful in terms of assets/wealth. If the world were flooded with piss and he was in the only tree I wouldn't sleep with him. He's like a Godfather ish type. Feels like watching over what is left of my family he will absolutely help if need be. 

I forgot that your father (God rest his soul) was a member of the white coat fraternity.

I am incensed that the MyPillow guy stole your dad's appearance especially the trademark mustache. Unforgivable.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Can we make negs count double for people with less than 100 posts?  We are generally pretty accepting of people who want to talk shit, but just plain trolls get identified pretty quick

Any admin know how many new Surly posters have signed up in the last 10 days...or so?  Lots of new folks on here.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I forgot that your father (God rest his soul) was a member of the white coat fraternity.

I am incensed that the MyPillow guy stole your dad's appearance especially the trademark mustache. Unforgivable.

Yep. My dad was a medical badass. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, camel at sea said:

That's likely the plan.  But FOX isn't going to overpay Washington State, Oregon State, etc., by a number large enough to keep SC and Oregon happy.  The PAC will have to work out unequal revenue distribution or go through its own realignment.  

In theory though, Big 10 goes to 20 teams.  Irate 8 add 4 PAC leftovers.  FOX owns both leagues.  That's 32 schools under their umbrella.  

True enough, but my point remains the same. The big picture could wind up like that, or they (mouse and fox) could sit down together, figure out 64 teams, and then rebalance the geography. 

Ending with a super league, or NFL-lite. Whatever you want to call it. 

The math and details come later, but similar to how AFC/NFC games are split between 2 networks for the majority, with pieces here and there, and the Super Bowl up for the highest bidder. 

Speaking in general, seems to be the long game that has been slowly moving forward. 

Fox could fuck up and get behind enough that they could lose out. Unlikely, but who knows what tomorrow holds?

Think how this board would have had a fucking beatdown party if someone would have started a thread the day before this all broke and laid it all out. Probably would have been crucified for such an “outlandish” suggestion. 

What a difference a day makes. 

I can see where it ends up that there is two college leagues. The NFL-lite and then the rest. 

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I do wonder that. My Panhandle peep has given what was asked when it was asked. When I did ask this week about the SEC stuff, very cryptic. Guy is worth at least $500M (married to someone infamous) and apart from his long-standing offer if I ever moved back to the Panhandle I would have a good job, said "Couldn't be more pleased with how this is all going down." He was a staunch UM guy (which is why I was allowed to post that Herman was GONE the night before it happened) but he refuses to say if that was the reason or a reason. It is a bit above my paygrade. 

I wonder why the need to be cryptic? That was long enough ago that it shouldn’t matter. Unless it would be something he feels could potentially hurt the negotiations moving forward? As in more “proof” for Bowlsby or something. 

Maybe once things are settled he can come back with more tidbits. 

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

The sugarbaby of an insider is an insider in my book. 

With a sugarbaby at least something or someone somewhere is insider.

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

That was a weird article. Nothing earth shattering, but the way it ended was terrible. It reads like you expect more content, but it just stopped. 

Oh, yahoo. Right. 

23 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

Seriously never gets old.  I sent this to my 65 year-old uncle in SC who is a big time USC supporter, donator, seating ticket holder, etc.  He wrote back "that's the funniest thing I've ever seen."

You should send him the ou crowd dick gobbling gif. Really blow his mind. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, salonghorn said:

It is a derogatory term. For many years all students at aggy belonged to the corp of cadets. The term was to imply that while aggy was off fighting wars, Texas students were at home sipping tea. 

What they don’t tell you is that the war they were fighting was with retardation. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, South Austin said:

Yep.  If you haven't had an ice cold Shiner in a wax paper cut at 8am, you're letting one of life's best experiences pass you by.

I’m trying to think of something to add to this but there are not any words…. 
one of life’s simple pleasures is that wax cup shiner at 8 am. While hung over as fuck from the get teed off tournament from Friday. 

5 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Soon they'll be saying that the SEC only took us to get ou.  I'm a little surprised they haven't thought of it yet.  Wait, no, I'm not.

Perhaps one of us should plant a seed on texags...

It’s awesome because not even OU would say it, but aggy…

Special breed.  This has exposed who they are to the rest of the country, and it’s glorious.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

First you make a roux...

Am I the only one who has the trinity diced, the andouille sliced, the duck  plucked and the squirrel skinned, and  butchered, before I make the roux?

Heathens. All of you. (Learn how to sec).

Edited by Willfully Horn
It isn’t Thanksgiving, yet
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

19 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

The Fox "Big Noon" branding was used for big12 11am kickoffs.  Texas/0u has been the only rivalry game that kicks off at 11am local.

Herbstreet is bitching on sportscenter right now wailing about tradition and we're leaving because it's all about the money.

Just one more reason to give zero fucks.  No one in the media, no other schools, ever contemplate the objective truth, and only pontificate on their subjective myopia, with situational awareness measured in negative numbers.

tl/dr: it doesn't matter what we do, what we say, or the altitude of the high road we take.... fuck 'em all.

Fuck Herbstreet. We aren't abandoning tradition. We are keeping our biggest rivalry game with ou and reigniting two rivalries in aggy and Arkansas. Those three games have more tradition than anything with Baylor or tech.

From here on out, our schedule fucks.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2