Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

Whatever you thought of the SEC before or now, SEC Shorts is some fucking greatness...celebrate their catalogue.

Also our move among many things is a hedge against fuckery with expanding the CFP.  If people decide to torpedo it that's when the SEC says, "Fine, we are taking our ball and doing our own thing (which probably would include snapping up a few other schools) have fun with calling your champion legit after a decade of everybody saying we are the best (regardless of whether that was always true or not)".  

53 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Arkansas absolutely fucking hates us. 

Haha.  Fuckers.

They do.  And I look forward to returning that hate.  

Anyone that's ever been to Fayettnam, wearing burnt orange, has a tremendous amount of hatred for the piglet fans.

This is where those "tiny old granny on the street flipped off the Longhorn band bus as it drove by" stories, are actually true.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Whatever you thought of the SEC before or now, SEC Shorts is some fucking greatness...celebrate their catalogue.

Also our move among many things is a hedge against fuckery with expanding the CFP.  If people decide to torpedo it that's when the SEC says, "Fine, we are taking our ball and doing our own thing (which probably would include snapping up a few other schools) have fun with calling your champion legit after a decade of everybody saying we are the best (regardless of whether that was always true or not)".  

Right. Ohio State might have a bit of an issue with being relegated to only playing in the Rose Bowl every year. Man, the more I think of what playing in the Big 10 would look like, the more I'm happy with the SEC move. Michigan and Ohio State are the highlights and we have those booked in our future OOC. Sure, Madison would be cool and all but we can always do a home and home with them. Then we avoid Iowa City, West Lafayette, Champaign, Bloomington, East Lansing, and all the other rust belt destinations we would've been forced to go play in. Yeah, yeah, Starkville, playing Vandy, etc. I'll easily trade that for LSU, Auburn, Alabama, Knoxville, and Gainesville. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, utee94 said:

They do.  And I look forward to returning that hate.  

Anyone that's ever been to Fayettnam, wearing burnt orange, has a tremendous amount of hatred for the piglet fans.

This is where those "tiny old granny on the street flipped off the Longhorn band bus as it drove by" stories, are actually true.

This.  Read the “Earl Campbell being Earl Campbell” first post and Earl will tell ya about Arky!

1 hour ago, runthebone said:

Arkansas absolutely fucking hates us. 

Haha.  Fuckers.

I lived in Little Rock in 87-88 (yeah old as dirt) - Arkansas wasn't really on my hated listed out of UT as it seemed in the 80s it was Ou/Aggy who drew most of our attention.  That all changed when I lived in AR.  They absolutely hate us - like shut down the state capital the friday before the game so we can stew on just how much the collective hates Texas.  When they ask you where you're from in AR,  they mean what part of AR or which high school did you go to.  If you tell them you're from Texas,  well,  good luck selling them anything or getting them to lift a finger as a service provider.  You are an outcast. 

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The Arkies also have a weird hate for OU considering they've never really played them in anything and they're not even on OU's radar.

Holtz and Roland Sales took a National title away from ou in 78 (Jan 79 bowl). Both had lost to Texas, and Holtz suspended some starters. ou simply needed to win the game as they were ranked higher. But, it was the hogs’ night.

They were also OU’s opponent in the 80’s when Bozworth wore the dumb ass NCAA communist shirt. But ou put a shit ton of points on the hapless hogs.

Not a long list, but something to build on.

Holtz and Roland Sales took a National title away from ou in 78 (Jan 79 bowl). Both had lost to Texas, and Holtz suspended some starters. ou simply needed to win the game as they were ranked higher. But, it was the hogs’ night.

A meteor game if there ever was one.

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The Arkies also have a weird hate for OU considering they've never really played them in anything and they're not even on OU's radar.

Long ago I took a cab somewhere for some reason in  Ft. Smith arkansas and the cab driver was just ranting about how all the Okies came to Arkansas "acting all high and mighty" and just "lording it over us folks from Arkansas" and I just sat their dumbfounded thinking this was like a pissing match of the local extras from Deliverance.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

A meteor game if there ever was one.

Idiocy of the post bowl polls.  Texas was ranked 4 behind pig who we beat on the road, despite both having only one loss.  Kentucky was ranked 6 behind Penn St. who they beat in Happy Valley despite both having one loss.

2 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

How many more teams does the sec need to add before no one gives a shit about the CFB Playoff and winning the SEC becomes the prize that matters?

In the Southeast, its been that way for at least 40 or 50 years!

3 hours ago, Eugene11 said:

I didn’t watch this the first 4 times it was posted on here but this was great.  I chuckled. 
is this where I +rep because I like it, -rep because so many are crying about multiple posts like a bunch of snowflakes or +hate rep because surly? 

Yes. 

3 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Now the Pancho woke to nature's call, and stumbled for a tree,
Behind the bush he lifts his kilt, and gawks at what he sees,
And in a startled voice he says, to what's before his eyes,
Ah*, lad I don't know where ya been but I see ya won first prize!

Is it sad I have an mp3 of this, along with a bunch of old Tommy and Rumble discs?

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

yep, we gotta prepare for the constant "if it's new to me, it's new to everyone!" discovering that SEC fans are going to be doing with regard to Texas and OU

Did you tell them about boomer sooner?

20 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

They were also OU’s opponent in the 80’s when Bozworth wore the dumb ass NCAA communist shirt. But ou put a shit ton of points on the hapless hogs.

The legend is that Oklahoma assistant Larry Lacewell was pissed about finding out about his boss, Switzer, banging his (Lacewell’s) wife, and that detracted from the Sooner prep and atmosphere. 

Edited by statsman

5 hours ago, deech said:

This thread is 280 pages of people thinking they are first to post funny tweets, images, or videos that they think no one else has seen despite the fact that the tweet, image, or video has been posted for a week now.  SIAP

I'm guessing no one posted this.

217406203_4515437481802026_5572904654366262193_n.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Fuck You 48

This thread had me rolling, especially last week when the news transformed from rumor to near certainty.  Thanks to all who added to this thing.  I don't think I've laughed so much in a single thread with the exception of the Statues Behind the Co-Op.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Soonerpsycho said:

I'm guessing no one posted this.

217406203_4515437481802026_5572904654366262193_n.jpg

I don’t really neg, but had to here because it’s simply unfunny. Up your game. Some Sooners have been great posters. We’re a crude but discerning bunch. Regurgitating shitty memes you found elsewhere won’t cut it. Do better.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

Yeah, my Arky father in law still talks about that game like they won the Super Bowl.  Never mind it was 43 years ago.

1 hour ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

1 hour ago, statsman said:

The legend is that Oklahoma assistant Larry Lacewell was pissed about finding out about his boss, Switzer, banging his (Lacewell’s) wife, and that detracted from the Sooner prep and atmosphere. 

Pretty sure it's been confirmed that Lacewell gave the playbook and gameplan to Holtz and left the hotel and event. I've heard that story from the early 80's forward from my father, who played at Rice but loves and cheers for Texas, and knew all of the parties involved and fucking hates Switzer to this day. He also hates Lou Holtz and Ken Hatfield for whatever reasons, I think because of Hatfield's time and failure at Rice, but I digress. 

16 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

Just catching up and yep, the trolls will soon be a problem.

Most of the Ir8te fans are smart enough to know they are too stupid to get on here and the ones that do and manage to hang around are mostly decent sorts.

I'm afraid the vast majority of the SECrant crowd is too dumb to know how stupid they are and will inundate us with goofy bullshit.

All the more reason to implement a quick-trigger trap door. Fuck up and show your ass, you be gone in a heartbeat.