Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

1 minute ago, wood said:

What a buncha fucking asshats. Polticial grandstanding & nothing more. Look at me, look at me!!! 

Thujone aught to do a MS paint of peacocks with dicks instead of feathers and stick the images of the faces of these morons on the peacocks.   

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Lmao at cousin Eddie 

Hilarious.  But, I had no idea cousin Eddie was worth over $200 million and was the one that has let moochers sleep on his couch for the last several decades.  Ya learn something new everyday.

9 hours ago, mdmost said:

Would make me chuckle if the SEC said "sorry Clemson and FSU but you see we have these gentlemen's agreements not to take other schools from the same state as existing SEC members". 

My other thought, this is going to make doing pods a lot harder with 18 members. 

go to 20

4 pods of 5

1 minute ago, 89Horn said:

Hilarious.  But, I had no idea cousin Eddie was worth over $200 million and was the one that has let moochers sleep on his couch for the last several decades.  Ya learn something new everyday.

We might be Clark, but we got a whole lot better than the jelly of the month club

• Haha 1

Yup. Yet another hate-Texas-fest......  just like Paul dickhead's SEC call-in show.

Are you surprised?  I'm not.  

And now Texas is destroying the Olympic movement, too!  Truly fucking Delusional!

90dfb64fbd1d74ad92ab4fb117d1795e.jpg

“Texas….why are you ‘stroying everything good in sports before I grow up??? Now mommy will let the grass cut man lay on her again and scream over and over for Jesus and God….to make you stop ‘stroying, I guess. “
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

Clemson and Florida State may not be Texas and ou, but there is a lot of value in blowing up the ACC if the SEC has grand visions in the long-term. Go to 20 with those two and North Carolina plus Virginia and you force Notre Dame into a decision. Pick off the BIG three to close the door on the rust belt option and Notre Dame has to come. Grab some PAC schools and select a couple more BIGs or ACCs to get to a national conference with four 8 or 9 team divisions.

the other day on secn they were talking about, in essence, and paraphrased, spoken between the lines, the concept of an "SEC Prem" of 18-24 teams

by prem they were insinuating the sea change in european association football (soccer) which occurred in 1991 when the top clubs of the English First Division created the English Premier League inspired by the then-insane and now-paltry money in the NFL and NBA in the 80s

the sec is not far away..... 8 more helmets and they have their league....  it's shit that klan aggy and vandy have a musical chair by happenstance and historical accident, and there are several others that don't deserve a chair for various reasons (see: aggy) but nonetheless there are today 8 more chairs waiting to be taken

8 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

Yup. Yet another hate-Texas-fest......  just like Paul dickhead's SEC call-in show.

Are you surprised?  I'm not.  

And now Texas is destroying the Olympic movement, too!  Truly fucking Delusional!

Wait, what? How are they making that massive stretch?

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Counterpoint:

Williams tackle of Lewis was a horse collar by today's standards and would've been a penalty too.  But, watching Priest trot into the endzone from 11 yards out is certainly more glorious.   

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, wood said:

Wait, what? How are they making that massive stretch?

Because there are Longhorn athletes competing, the Olympics will implode.  Had this thought occurred to the clowns in the room, they def would've spewed it.  

Confused Jim Carrey GIF 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SwAss said:

Those who lack sufficient debating skill always resort to logical fallacies.  In this case an appeal to insults, which clearly indicates they have lost the debate without even realizing it.  

Yep.  The last resorts of people who are losing arguments are the straw man and the ad hominem.  Put some words in our mouth and tell us we're selfish so we'll change our minds and stay.  Bold strategy, Cotton.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Better than nothing. How Mack Brown only won 2 is crazy. And we were two seconds away from choking away another.

Cuz Mack is a bitch.  Mofo should've had at least 4 or 5, and at least 1 or 2 more national titles. 

• Hook 'Em 7

Just now, Somnio said:

Cuz Mack is a bitch.  Mofo should've had at least 4 or 5, and at least 1 or 2 more national titles. 

Pretty sure his focus was on nurturing friendships with other conference coaches and those halftime orange slices

• Haha 4
  • Fuck You 1

29 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Better than nothing. How Mack Brown only won 2 is crazy. And we were two seconds away from choking away another.

From 2000-2009 UT had the best record in college football.  Mack only won 2 conference titles and he should have won 3 MNCs and played for a 4th (but gotten stomped by Miami), but for his failure to put Major in, his using Colt on QB sneaks and Mike Leach in 2008 making sure UT didn't get in with his poll vote, his fold vs. OU and the game in Lubbock.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 1:47 PM, closetohumping said:

Sec.   takes away aggys only advantage over us

Look who was prescient. 

On 7/12/2021 at 5:57 PM, utee94 said:

Holy crap that sounds horrible.

Good thing Texas isn't going to do something stupid like join a 16 or 18 team league.

And look who wasn’t. 

A lot can change in a month. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

That one loss to TCU in 1992 and the one to Rice in 1994 sure sucked though. One cost Texas a bowl bid and the other cost us winning the conference outright. Thanks Mackovic.

Shit, I was at UT for both of those.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bw88uz1hgfgh74gt3qh2

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the other day on secn they were talking about, in essence, and paraphrased, spoken between the lines, the concept of an "SEC Prem" of 18-24 teams

by prem they were insinuating the sea change in european association football (soccer) which occurred in 1991 when the top clubs of the English First Division created the English Premier League inspired by the then-insane and now-paltry money in the NFL and NBA in the 80s

the sec is not far away..... 8 more helmets and they have their league....  it's shit that klan aggy and vandy have a musical chair by happenstance and historical accident, and there are several others that don't deserve a chair for various reasons (see: aggy) but nonetheless there are today 8 more chairs waiting to be taken

B1G(14)+ Washington, Oregon, Cal, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Kansas=24

4 divisions of 6

UW, UO, Cal, Stan, USC, UCLA

AZ, Utah, CU, NU, Kansas, Iowa

Minn, Wisc, NW, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue

Michigan, MSU, tOSU, PSU, Rutgers, Maryland

SEC(16)+FSU, Clemson, GT, UNC, Duke, UVA, VT, 

Texas, aggy, Ark, OU, Mizzou, LSU

Ole Miss, MSU, Bama, Aub, Vandy, TN

UF, FSU, UGA, GT, SC, Clem

UNC, Duke, UVA, VT, WVU, UK

Highest seeded division winners get a bye, other two division winners host, two at large “wildcard” teams first weekend of Dec.

2nd round are played at the teams that had a bye 2nd weekend in Dec.

3rd round is the CCG played in Atlanta on NYD for the SEC and in the Rose Bowl for the B1G.

NCG is played between the B1G champ and the SEC champ mid January as usual.

If Notre Dame doesn’t get into the setup and later wants to join, either conference could add them, it will just take away one of their at large spots and you can make 5 divisions of 5.

15 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Shit, I was at UT for both of those.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bw88uz1hgfgh74gt3qh2

I took that 1992 loss to be that Gardere and Texas were not used to playing on natural grass anymore, and TCU had that season just installed grass at old Amon Carter.  

Did they even practice over at Intramural Fields (grass) before that game? I bet they didn't. Back then, Texas had no bubble practice field, nor had the Denius practice fields been built yet.... the grass fields at Denius were built in '94 and the bubble was added in '02.

Edited by BachelorTrek

On 8/1/2021 at 6:19 PM, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Any Big 12 expansion that doesn't start with San Diego State is crazy.

Here ya go 2 different setups where B1G raids PAC: I figure WVU goes to ACC in both models/ Kansas goes B1G (with either Colorado or Missouri) -

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

13 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

Clemson and Florida State may not be Texas and ou, but there is a lot of value in blowing up the ACC if the SEC has grand visions in the long-term. Go to 20 with those two and North Carolina plus Virginia and you force Notre Dame into a decision. Pick off the BIG three to close the door on the rust belt option and Notre Dame has to come. Grab some PAC schools and select a couple more BIGs or ACCs to get to a national conference with four 8 or 9 team divisions.

I figured that as an option before as well, what if (until 2035/ 2040) we have two leagues of 24..?

E7IhJ2yXIAAaCob.jfif

8 hours ago, hornian said:

Look who was prescient. 

And look who wasn’t. 

A lot can change in a month. 

On 7/6/2021 at 4:23 PM, utee94 said:

I'm one of the ones that would like to renew the rivalries with both ags and pigs, so I'm cool with that, but when considering the reality of the moves that would need to occur in expanding from 14 to 16, then the setup doesn't look nearly as compelling as it does if you just ignore the likely realities.

In short, 16-team conferences suck ass, and this scenario demonstrates why it's pretty unlikely we'd ever make the move.  But it's still interesting to think about.

In my defense, I also said all of this.   And ANYONE that says they thought Texas/OU to the SEC was going to be announced two weeks later is a big fat liar. 😀

I'll leave the pod/division talk to the other thread.

Edited by utee94

10 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Conference Titles under Mackovic: 3
Conference Titles under Mack: 2
10 win seasons: Who gives a fuck!?!

Seems you left out that little ol MNC we won in 2005 and we played for another in 2009.  Mackovic's teams never sniffed that level of excellence.

That being said, fuck FUPM for his last 4 years at Texas. 

the next domino to watch to see if it falls is Penn St to the ACC.  If the ACC can find a way to make to help get them a disproportionate amount of the athletics revenue to make up for the research trust dollars they leave behind by leaving the B1G, then we could see them exit the B1G for the ACC.

The B1G really covets North Carolina, Duke, Georgia Tech and Virginia, but they may not be proactive going after them unless someone else makes a move.  If Penn St leaves to go to a conference where they could be THE BRAND - the ACC, then the B1G will probably go hard for the four ACC schools. and the B1G may also kick Nebraska to the curb in the process.

That would then leave the remainder of the ACC up for the pickings, Clemson, Florida St. Penn St suddenly become part of the SEC.

While Penn St isn't happy in the B1G, I don't think it makes any sense for them to move.  But this is what is being talked about in B1G circles

Edited by alphahorn

23 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Seems you left out that little ol MNC we won in 2005 and we played for another in 2009.  Mackovic's teams never sniffed that level of excellence.

That being said, fuck FUPM for his last 4 years at Texas. 

The only team Mackovic had that was good was 1995. The Nebraska game makes people forget all the horrible underachieving that team did in 1996.

And this despite having tons of future NFL players at every position on offense. In fact Mackovic's teams were probably more talented than Mack's last 4. He left the cupboard full for Mack...at least on offense.

Edited by Valmy77

11 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Counterpoint:

The 2 seconds prior to this video are yet another example of why we need to get out of this conference.

Corrupt ref rocks the ball back for no legitimate reason, then when he rocks it back forward again, it’s short by an inch. I was screaming at the TV, and the following play didn’t erase my memory.

A8327271-8018-4-BF5-9-C9-C-0686-D01-EC1-
CDBEEDA7-141-C-4901-AA4-E-40-BAC67-D26-B
9181-F7-B3-DCC7-48-D1-9-D08-61903-E27-FA
588-F22-B6-5-BA6-418-B-82-F4-97-CB275-D2

Anyone who doubts this needs to go to the full game video on YouTube to see what happened immediately prior to the posted clip. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
images added
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

In fact Mackovic's teams were probably more talented than Mack's last 4. He left the cupboard full for Mack...at least on offense.

And defense...

Mack's first team included Casey Hampton, Shawn Rogers, Aaron Humphrey, DeAndre Lewis, Cedric Woodard, and Quentin Jammer.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

The 2 seconds prior to this video are yet another example of why we need to get out of this conference.

Corrupt ref rocks the ball back for no legitimate reason, then when he rocks it back forward again, it’s short by an inch. I was screaming at the TV, and the following play didn’t erase my anger.

E508-BF58-A4-A8-4441-B921-60-CA907-CE4-D
A1-A93202-1908-4-D1-D-BC21-44-D9-BAA98-B
9181-F7-B3-DCC7-48-D1-9-D08-61903-E27-FA
588-F22-B6-5-BA6-418-B-82-F4-97-CB275-D2

I never understood why this didn’t get talked about at all. The ref literally moves the ball back on its point when the chain gets pulled. Texas had the first down but was made to go for it or punt. Couple this with the fact that the Orange Bowl reps that were at this game being visibly pissed off and one audibly saying, “Fuck!” when Texas rolled left, and you can tell they tried everything they could to get Nebraska that win. Fuck this conference. 

I was so happy that day. Our moving to the SEC without all these ungrateful bitches feels like finishing and wiping it off on their pillow. Texas forever. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

And defense...

Mack's first team included Casey Hampton, Shawn Rogers, Aaron Humphrey, DeAndre Lewis, Cedric Woodard, and Quentin Jammer.   

Mackovic had his faults, but talent identification was not one of them, particularly on both sides of the line.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Droopy said:

I never understood why this didn’t get talked about at all. The ref literally moves the ball back on its point when the chain gets pulled. Texas had the first down but was made to go for it or punt. Couple this with the fact that the Orange Bowl reps that were at this game being visibly pissed off and one audibly saying, “Fuck!” when Texas rolled left, and you can tell they tried everything they could to get Nebraska that win. Fuck this conference. 

I was so happy that day. Our moving to the SEC without all these ungrateful bitches feels like finishing and wiping it off on their pillow. Texas forever. 

I am sure no shenanigans of any kind will ever happen in the SEC. Straight honest dealing all the time.

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

the next domino to watch to see if it falls is Penn St to the ACC.  If the ACC can find a way to make to help get them a disproportionate amount of the athletics revenue to make up for the research trust dollars they leave behind by leaving the B1G, then we could see them exit the B1G for the ACC.

The B1G really covets North Carolina, Duke, Georgia Tech and Virginia, but they may not be proactive going after them unless someone else makes a move.  If Penn St leaves to go to a conference where they could be THE BRAND - the ACC, then the B1G will probably go hard for the four ACC schools. and the B1G may also kick Nebraska to the curb in the process.

That would then leave the remainder of the ACC up for the pickings, Clemson, Florida St. Penn St suddenly become part of the SEC.

While Penn St isn't happy in the B1G, I don't think it makes any sense for them to move.  But this is what is being talked about in B1G circles

That's interesting, but why would PSU leave?  Just tired of tOSU and UM running things?

17 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

And defense...

Didn't he and his staff dog the shit out of the remaining talent though?  Like these guys are way slower than our UNC guys, who I think Mackovic ironically beat in the Sun Bowl

Back on topic, Baylor is now the jilted ex-gf who wants to take the break up public by saying shitty, emotional, faulty comments.  "Guess you'd rather lose to Baylor than TCU" is like a girl saying "guess you weren't man enough to handle me" or whatever.

Edited by closetohumping

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

Didn't he and his staff dog the shit out of the remaining talent though?  Like these guys are way slower than our UNC guys, who I think Mackovic ironically beat in the Sun Bowl

I was at that Sun Bowl.

Kind of embarrassing to admit in retrospect but it seemed so glorious at the time. SWC teams just didn't win bowl games much in that era.

• Rage+1 1

What happened in that game is exactly what underdogs face in the SEC. The SEC doesn't have favorite teams like lots of them complain about, they have a consistent pattern of making terrible calls in favor of the higher ranked team, I'm sure purely by coincidence.

That would be an improvement.
  • Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Back on topic, Baylor is now the jilted ex-gf who wants to take the break up public by saying shitty, emotional, faulty comments.  "Guess you'd rather lose to Baylor than TCU" is like a girl saying "guess you weren't man enough to handle me" or whatever.

Yep.

You smile, wait until she's done, and then leave quietly.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1