Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

38 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Sounds like a bunch of cult propaganda to me. The Mormons didn't even go west until the 1840s, well after much of it was already settled. What the hell?

the gold rush didn't occur until the 1840s, and the Civil War didn't end until 1865. 1865-1890 seems to be the greatest population migration period...

wiki quote "The archetypical Old West period is generally accepted by historians to have occurred between the end of the American Civil War in 1865 until the closing of the Frontier by the Census Bureau in 1890."

also i would not say, based on the book, that Krakauer is in any way a 'fan' of LDS lol

topic: HAHA AGGY 🤘😄

• Hook 'Em 2

58 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I can tell you that my neighborhood in Arlington has a lot more UVA license plate holders than any other school.  That may not translate into TV eyeballs, especially when the team is not very good, but NoVa (at least close in) has a large collection of UVA alumni.  It's obviously a small school compared to Texas or most Big Ten schools, but it's about the same size as VaTech and WVU.

Virginia is good TV just because of their uniforms and that great helmet. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Basically if the Big 10 pulls the trigger on KU and ISU, then we get to watch and see if PAC 12 throws a lifeline or will they be AAC bound. The ACC isn’t doing shit. 

I really hope this happens, the amount of grandstanding coming out of random fan bases and conference/university ADs is absolutely nauseating and nearing revisionist levels of absurdity. 

Edited by BigHornedLurker

1 hour ago, Yuk said:

Iowa State has worked hard to get better. I like them. Glad they're likely to find a good spot.

I think it's odd of the PAC 10 to claim "strategic" thinking and wanting to think big. Okie State would have a winning record every year in that conference and develop nice state rivalries with the Arizona schools. Texas Tech is a middling school. TCU has been good enough to whip our ass. 

There may be a few big fish available, but the Pac doesn't have any reason to believe they'll attract Notre Dame, FSU or Clemson. 

I know about their attitude about scholarship and private religious schools. They should just say that instead of acting like they've got some big move up their sleeves. They seem to be way behind on this one.

20 minutes ago, bullet said:

I wonder if there is a dichotomy in value.  The huge rating games have huge value.  Meanwhile the mass games (Iowa St.-Kansas St., Iowa-Purdue, Utah-Arizona, etc.) aren't increasing in value?  The remainder may not be much worse in average ratings than the Pac 12, but they don't have any USC-UCLA or Stanford-Washington type games that draw big numbers.  They just fill the schedule.

Yeah I don't know, great question.  I may pull all the numbers this week.

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Iowa State has worked hard to get better. I like them. Glad they're likely to find a good spot.

I think it's odd of the PAC 10 to claim "strategic" thinking and wanting to think big. Okie State would have a winning record every year in that conference and develop nice state rivalries with the Arizona schools. Texas Tech is a middling school. TCU has been good enough to whip our ass. 

There may be a few big fish available, but the Pac doesn't have any reason to believe they'll attract Notre Dame, FSU or Clemson. 

I know about their attitude about scholarship and private religious schools. They should just say that instead of acting like they've got some big move up their sleeves. They seem to be way behind on this one.

thats a fake account

Speaking of boycotting, until Stewart Mandel apologizes for spreading false information about the risk of myocarditis in athletes in order to advance his own conference’s and his personal political agenda, no one should pay that fucking hack any money to read his mail bag. 

Edited by Newy25
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

On 8/3/2021 at 1:06 PM, maninblack said:

If I was Fox I'd approach Texas and OU about a mutually beneficial agreement in which Fox will broker a move to the PAC of at least Ok State and Tech which would precipitate the further collapse of the B12. In exchange, Texas and OU would agree to schedule Fox property schools (home/away) to bolster their inventory.

This gives the PAC a footprint in the central timezone, eliminates our buyout and gives them the promise of valuable inventory. 

Sorry...but fuck Tech and OSU

Mormon's are strongly against gambling if it's done within the state lines of Utah. 500 feet over the state line? No problem, put those coins in the slots. Another permissible option for gambling is among your closest friends in a darkened backroom someplace in Utah that nobody knows about. Source: HBO's Big Love.

If you choose to ignore DFKFC's advice don't compound your mistake by putting a tv in the master bedroom for chrissakes.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, bullet said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/a-look-at-whats-ahead-for-the-pac-12-with-realignment-set-to-shake-up-college-football-once-again/

"...Industry sources tell CBS Sports there is no combination of remaining Big 12 schools that would bring value to the Pac-12.

The Big 12 remains the only Power Five conference with a smaller membership than the Pac-12. Does staying at 12 teams make the Pac-12 more vulnerable now that the Texas-Oklahoma move has begun rumblings about the emergence of four "superconferences"?

"You have to be strategic," Oregon athletic director Rob Mullens said. "Number [of teams] is one piece of the strategy, but you have to think big. I'm not ready to make a definitive answer on a number yet....""

"Industry sources" you say? Well now I'm terrified, lol.

6 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

So the PAC is going to talk about going big and not compromising, etc., while the only teams that fit geographically and competitively end up somewhere else. Bold plan. 

Currently PAC survives with geo isolation, and being 'bigger' than the remaining 3 BIG SEC and ACC. 

Going to laugh in a few years when they are down to Fresno, BYU, and SDSU as their only remaining options. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

LMAO!!!!! So many words for a fake Twitter account. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

So the PAC is going to talk about going big and not compromising, etc., while the only teams that fit geographically and competitively end up somewhere else. Bold plan. 

Won't be long before the PAC begins to threaten other conferences with double secret probation.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ABSR said:

"A lot of people now are very concerned about the predatory nature of the SEC."

So was it predatory in 1978 when the PAC 8 added Arizona and Arizona State from the WAC?

Was it predatory in 2010 when the PAC 10 added Colorado from the Big 12 and Utah from the WAC?

Is it predatory now that the PAC 12 is looking at possibly expanding?

It's baffling that these people have high paying and high visibility jobs.

Lulz.

Heck, it was the B1G that started the wave of realignment in 2010 when they poached Nebraska and destabilized the B12.  The PAC and SEC moves were only reactionary.  And then the B1G went and did it again in 2014 when they added Maryland and Rutgers to expand the B1G footprint in order to force the BTN onto cable subscribers in those regions.

The B1G absolutely initiated the College Football Arms Race, and the SEC just effectively ended it with extreme prejudice.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 8/3/2021 at 8:57 AM, Valmy77 said:

The only team Mackovic had that was good was 1995. The Nebraska game makes people forget all the horrible underachieving that team did in 1996.

And this despite having tons of future NFL players at every position on offense. In fact Mackovic's teams were probably more talented than Mack's last 4. He left the cupboard full for Mack...at least on offense.

The only think Mackovic knew how to coach was offense... which is why, for the first time in UT history, we scored more than 30 points at home and still lost against CU.... we couldnt stop a wet paper bag on defense, and that game sealed the hesiman for Salaam.  

yet even when coaching offense, you knew if it was 3rd and 12 or more, in Texas territory, that a delayed draw play up the middle was gonna get called.... the amazing part was we did it like clockwork 3-5 times a game... and yet converted around 40% of the fucking time

22 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I cannot believe college aged men play that Harry Potter game.   So fucking stupid. 

gotta be honest.   I played cooed college softball to try to get the girls.... maybe same thing going on with that HP game?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

The only think Mackovic knew how to coach was offense... which is why, for the first time in UT history, we scored more than 30 points at home and still lost against CU.... we couldnt stop a wet paper bag on defense, and that game sealed the hesiman for Salaam.  

yet even when coaching offense, you knew if it was 3rd and 12 or more, in Texas territory, that a delayed draw play up the middle was gonna get called.... the amazing part was we did it like clockwork 3-5 times a game... and yet converted around 40% of the fucking time

gotta be honest.   I played cooed college softball to try to get the girls.... maybe same thing going on with that HP game?

Uhhh, didn't we all?  

3 minutes ago, ABSR said:

"A lot of people now are very concerned about the predatory nature of the SEC."

So was it predatory in 1978 when the PAC 8 added Arizona and Arizona State from the WAC?

Was it predatory in 2010 when the PAC 10 added Colorado from the Big 12 and Utah from the WAC?

Is it predatory now that the PAC 12 is looking at possibly expanding?

It's baffling that these people have high paying and high visibility jobs.

PLEASE!

It's only "predatory" because (The "hated, evil, nosferatu") TEXAS did it.

If it was the D'ohmers, they would be celebrated as "HEROES!" "This is so forward-thinking!" "Those neuter-dumbers really know how to plan!" Blah, Blah, Blah! 

It's all about who benefits from these moves, and for these Texas-haters, The Narrative for how it is to be described is shaped accordingly. 

Since Texas was involved in it, it is to be despised as pure evil greed, never to be allowed because the-devil-Texas benefitting from anything is to bring forth The Apocalypse, or so these dipshits would have everyone believe.

This predatory Bullshit is pure spin; dismiss and ignore it as such!

Fuck devil-Rapelor, devil-lizards, tech, and the big8 remnant dwarves as they circle the drain!

4 hours ago, markstanco said:

I will admit I dont know the TV markets in KC.  My point was would Kansas basketball bring in more money for each of the current teams in the B1G?  I dont see it happening. 

Certainly you’re coming from the correct perspective. And we all know even the BB “royalty” still won’t pay football money. However they will bring as strong of BB value as one can get. Very few BB programs can do that. 

On top of that, for whatever reason, KU fans are fucking rabid over the round ball. Between just BB and research, KU brings more to the table than a lot of other schools who have even a decent FB program. 

Since we’re talking B1G here, they aren’t just looking at sports value, but their research value. KU becomes really attractive at that point over someone that has a decent FB program. 

Now the B1G may change their philosophy, but today that’s what makes them possible. 

3 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Holy mother fucking shit. You’ve solved the mystery! Why didn’t we think of this earlier?

College males doing whatever they have to in order to get into college girls panties?

It’s so obvious now! Akin to pretending to like some shitty band just to try and score. 

Wow. It’s all so clear now. 

35 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

PLEASE!

It's only "predatory" because (The "hated, evil, nosferatu") TEXAS did it.

If it was the D'ohmers, they would be celebrated as "HEROES!" "This is so forward-thinking!" "Those neuter-dumbers really know how to plan!" Blah, Blah, Blah! 

It's all about who benefits from these moves, and for these Texas-haters, The Narrative for how it is to be described is shaped accordingly. 

Since Texas was involved in it, it is to be despised as pure evil greed, never to be allowed because the-devil-Texas benefitting from anything is to bring forth The Apocalypse, or so these dipshits would have everyone believe.

This predatory Bullshit is pure spin; dismiss and ignore it as such!

Fuck devil-Rapelor, devil-lizards, tech, and the big8 remnant dwarves as they circle the drain!

Its a bunch of FUD because these ADs and Commissions realize we're in the end game now. 

If they could somehow reverse this move, maybe they win in the end. Otherwise BIG is primed to be the next bad guy 

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Yeah.  I could pretty well call Mackovic's plays.  Never understood why it continued to surprise the opposing defenses.  Roll left, yes, that was a surprise, but not in retrospect.

1 minute ago, bullet said:

Yeah.  I could pretty well call Mackovic's plays.  Never understood why it continued to surprise the opposing defenses.  Roll left, yes, that was a surprise, but not in retrospect.

It's really amazing that Mackovic was Tom Landry's QBs-coach on the Dallas Cowboys for 2 seasons before all that. 

Now it makes sense why Danny White was so predictable at times in those 2 seasons, and won no Super Bowls as the starting QB.  I still laugh when Staubach refers to Danny as "Whizzer".  Lulz.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So was the ISU/KU a fake tweet  or is that from the real account?

If those 2 bail, that just leaves WVU with any hope now since the Pac12 essentially wants to sit on their hands

Fake.  The account was suspended or deleted, so it's gone now, if you need further evidence.

Edited by BachelorTrek

2 minutes ago, bullet said:

https://soonerswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/02/oklahoma-sooners-football-sec-media-rights-agreements-expansion/

Don't recall seeing this article.  Suggests since ESPN doesn't get the CBS SEC Tier I deal until 2024, that might delay the move to the SEC.

Doubtful. It’s been floating for a while that they may break it early for whatever reasons. Adding new inventory would likely trigger some clause somewhere for renegotiating or something along those lines.

CBS is the least of our worries. 

22 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Doubtful. It’s been floating for a while that they may break it early for whatever reasons. Adding new inventory would likely trigger some clause somewhere for renegotiating or something along those lines.

CBS is the least of our worries. 

CBS has refused to negotiate with the SEC before.  Of course, that was aggy and Mizzou.  But still, they don't have much incentive as the contract is going away anyway.  ESPN is going to pay $300 million for what CBS is paying $55 million.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

Mormon's are strongly against gambling if it's done within the state lines of Utah. 500 feet over the state line? No problem, put those coins in the slots. Another permissible option for gambling is among your closest friends in a darkened backroom someplace in Utah that nobody knows about. Source: HBO's Big Love.

If you choose to ignore DFKFC's advice don't compound your mistake by putting a tv in the master bedroom for chrissakes.

Mormon's what?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bullet said:

CBS has refused to negotiate with the SEC before.  Of course, that was aggy and Mizzou.  But still, they don't have much incentive as the contract is going away anyway.  ESPN is going to pay $300 million for what CBS is paying $55 million.

Doesn't CBS only have one game a week and ESPN will be for everything?

4 minutes ago, bullet said:

hopefully this keeps us out of a 4 hour commercial with sprinkles of RRR 

9 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Doesn't CBS only have one game a week and ESPN will be for everything?

Right.  But the Tier II deal pays about the same as the Tier I one game deal-$300 million a year.  So its at $355 million now and goes up to $600 million in 2024 before any renegotiations.

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Just so you know that it's not just the Texas Legislature that will be petty about this.

That scarf-puppet lizard Kolkhorst claimed it was "illegal" when she was mumbling at the end of her time questioning Hartzell at that bitch-session. It wouldn't surprise me if she was in on that, too.