Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

The comments/reactions from the leaders of a few conferences reminds me of that SNL skit about the Titanic. At one point, instead of putting people in the lifeboats they were putting pieces of the iceberg. I’m stunned some of these gentlemen that run these conferences get paid more than minimum wage. They get millions to be this obtuse. Sure, I get what they say and what they may be doing behind the scenes are completely different. I am just stunned at the level of dumb.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

The comments/reactions from the leaders of a few conferences reminds me of that SNL skit about the Titanic. At one point, instead of putting people in the lifeboats they were putting pieces of the iceberg. I’m stunned some of these gentlemen that run these conferences get paid more than minimum wage. They get millions to be this obtuse. Sure, I get what they say and what they may be doing behind the scenes are completely different. I am just stunned at the level of dumb.

They're all perfect examples of #ThePeterPrinciple.

• Hook 'Em 1

Wisdom is never being stunned by the level of dumb one encounters.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Think its arrogance.  If you've ever worked in middle management, you would understand that most American companies succeed in spite of their CEOs, not because of them.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RollLeft said:

Why are you speaking in the past tense?  Work/beer leagues for the mfkn win.

Kickball is the much better alternative. Eliminate the softball bros almost entirely and greatly increases the likelihood the hot chicks will play.

csb/ our upstairs neighbors in college were St. Ed softball players. 2 of the 3 were pretty hot, and all 3 were cool as hell. I don't think any of the three were interested in dudes. But times have changed in the last couple decades.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

It’s really no different than most businesses. The people at the top may be decent at what they do overall, but they lack even the basic underlying knowledge of their product. They have people report to them about that.

Problem being, those people are also business minded and while they may have a big picture sense of the product, they too lack an intimate familiarity. 

That can work, and does every day. However when a situation such as this arises, management roles that have no real clue end up with a big spotlight on their shortcomings. 

When issues really arise is when they need intimate knowledge to make a correct, sustainable decision, and not one based on reports from people in their same  level of detail.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Reading all that shit out of the Pac-12 about conferences more aligned against predatory SEC means I am going to laugh my ass off here in the next few weeks when we find out the B1G is taking USC, UCLA, Washington, Oregon and maybe Stanford.

Exactly. They still think they are the hottest chick at the bar...

hailey clauson si swimsuit GIF by Sports Illustrated Swimsuit

• Drool 3

On 8/2/2021 at 10:33 PM, SwAss said:

No they don't and its not even close.  Utah has the admission standards of a commuter school and always serves as backup to those who don't have the 3.9 GPA plus high ACT scores needed to get into BYU.  

isnt this cute,  this fucking byu cunt couldnt handle being negged for being a predictable byu cunt on a UT message board and resorted to back negging people when they call out his fucking cuntiness

• Hook 'Em 1

Why is it when realignment breaks we only get quotes from some bottom feeding school? Because the big eaters are out shopping. 

I'm sure Wazzou doesn't want to be reactionary,  but the top of that conference wants to be. The big eaters have everything on the table and are ready to go with whatever is best for them. 

Don't know what happens with the Pac or Big, but I'm betting ND bends the ACC over a barrel. Gomer and Nebraska think we are evil, wait til they see that. 

10 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

isnt this cute,  this fucking byu cunt couldnt handle being negged for being a predictable byu cunt on a UT message board and resorted to back negging people when they call out his fucking cuntiness

No different than any other time that fuck shows up. You would think that someone would eventually tire of it and move on, but I guess it’s just that much more boring in their mom’s basement with everything else going on. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Yeah, not saying they're not there, just saying they don't really dominate the conversation, football wise.   UVA is positioned more as basketball.
My NoVa eyeballs always see three times more WVa gear on folks than VTech or UVa gear on Saturdays. But a lot of all three. After those three, I see as many Longhorn decals on cars as any other national brand...ND, Ohio State, etc. Some UNC. Lots of military academy license plates... mostly Navy, then Army. But this place is full of folks from every where. I have a TCU flag and another Longhorn on my block. And a bunch of SEC flags in the hood. I don't give a shit, but the VA DMV offers aggy plates, but no UT plates. I always guessed that's because we just go with the metalish Longhorn decal over a plate. I see way more Horns than aggy... But they are around here too.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

So is BYU a shitty school or what?

There was this native hawaiian Mormon girl a grade ahead of me in HS. She told me her goal was to get into BYU & find a guy to marry. That was it. And it’s exactly what she did, and apparently what all other girls do there too. Thats the only thing I really know about BYU. Still the only native hawaiian person I’ve ever met /csb

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

There was this native hawaiian Mormon girl a grade ahead of me in HS. She told me her goal was to get into BYU & find a guy to marry. That was it. And it’s exactly what she did, and apparently what all other girls do there too. Thats the only thing I really know about BYU. Still the only native hawaiian person I’ve ever met /csb

And, apparently, butt-stuff is okay for premarital sex.  

12 hours ago, Dewey said:

Don't know what happens with the Pac or Big, but I'm betting ND bends the ACC over a barrel. Gomer and Nebraska think we are evil, wait til they see that. 

It wont matter.  I'm to the point that when people start in on Texas, I smile and walk away.  Their mind is made up.  I'm sure their response will be "Texas started all this".  Cant fix stupid.  

• Hook 'Em 4

20 hours ago, bullet said:

Another way is to look at football attendance.  If you take the top 64 in football attendance over the last 4 years, Boston College is #64 at 34,972.  Just missing the cut: South Florida and San Diego St. with over 34k.  Then its a drop to 32k for Boise, Navy and Cincinnati, 31k for Houston and Army.  Non P5s who make it: #30 BYU, #55 UCF, #60 East Carolina and #62 Memphis.  P5s out of luck, #72 Washington St. (30,572), #74 Vanderbilt (29,229), #78 Duke (27,287), #79 Wake Forest (27,183) and #80 Kansas (26,442).

Baylor is #46 at 44,130; Kansas St. #35 at 50,444; Iowa St. #31 at 56,573 and Miss. St. #26 at 57,664.  Some of the teams in small markets have really good fan support.  Whereas Big 10 schools are in the #56-#59 spots-Illinois, Northwestern, Rutgers and Maryland, all below 40k.  Big 10 has 7 of the top 21 in attendance, but the other 7 are from #43 to #59.

Attendance is hardly relevant any more.

It is all about television eyes.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

Damn shame you wasted your first Hawaiian girl meetup on that.  

48 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I love the middle finger from one the board’s resident wackos. Hey @PilotsError, you dipshit, their open stance against homosexuality in their fucking handbook where kids can also be expelled for having sex makes them a toxic school to a bunch of liberal as fuck universities in the Pac 12 like fucking Berkley, Stanford, and every public cal school. This isn’t a controversial political statement by me, it’s a fucking factual statement. Or did you want to argue that a bunch of California based schools are indifferent to socially conservative points of view?

I remember pilotserror.  Begged me because I said if the airlines required a mask I’ll wear one if I have to fly

It makes me smile that so many of these mouth breathing sports "journalists," believe that Texas simply woke up one day, contacted Cletus up at ou and said, "Cletus, I'm going to go to the SEC. Want to come along?" That no research nor analysis was conducted and it must have simply been a knee jerk reaction.

Undoubtedly, my fellow mouthpieces for numerous MONTHS have researched every possible aspect of switching conferences. What about CBS with its tv contract rights with the SEC? They could be TROUBLE!!! Answer: Yeah right. When the move happens in 2022, they could have the following line up: Texas vs. ou, the next week; Alabama vs. LSU, the next week; Georgia vs. Texas, the next week: ou vs. Alabama, the next week; Georgia vs. Florida, the next week; Texas vs. Alabama, the next week; ou vs. Florida. The commercial rate they would charge corporations for those games would be unworldly.

"Ok, what about the rest of the Irate Eight?" Response: "Here are the 10 most likely scenarios ..."

Financial exposure? Possible legislative blow back? Anti-trust issues? Economic impact on the two schools as well as the States of texas and oglaucoma? increase in applications to attend the schools? Recruiting? blah blah blah

The UT big cigars and other decision makers have been playing 4D Chess. Pretty much everyone whining about this, or being left behind are still trying to understand the rules of checkers.

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

its not just BYU, its all the Mormon communities.  Their church day is set up between age group gatherings and sermons.  So from a young age, you spend time with good Mormons of the opposite sex every week.  Once you get to college, the boys do a year, then go on a mission, come back and the freshmen girls are there for marriage purposes.  Several of my cousins followed this route almost to a T.

One side of my family is Mormon and I am the great great grandson of a 4th wife who got put aside when polygamy was outlawed.  All I gotta say is...not my scene

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1