Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

56 minutes ago, Bull Horn said:

For old times’ sake and the lulz, here’s a note from the Tweeterplex by everyone’s favorite moonshine aggy, the Dude of West Virginia:

“New OU prez is pro Big 12, bullish on expansion and close ties to Colorado. Big 12 set to put the full press on easterly Pac 12 schools for Membership.  Colorado, Arz., Arz State & a surprise BYU.”

11 minutes ago, Dar Adal said:

He also said T3 money would keep B12 teams away from Pac.

Sorry kitty... it aint happening

• Fuck You 1

Goddamn this thread to hell. The one fucking thread that needed to die in a fiery crash at the old place. This is like moving to new house and deciding that you have to bring that nasty ass couch that you had from college with cigarette burns and cum stains all over it with you. Give that shit to Goodwill or put it out on the curb.

I don't think I ever negged anybody but Bedoin on the Shag, but me and my 50 post micro epeen is frowny facing the shit out of anybody who puts a serious post in this bullshit. This thing needs to be crowdsourced.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Walden Ponderer said:

It is very disturbing that this still amuses me.

I know... I couldnt help myself with this one. Some how this one makes me laugh every time. Might also be because how hardcore that one byu fan was on defending the schools honor.

41 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Goddamn this thread to hell. The one fucking thread that needed to die in a fiery crash at the old place. This is like moving to new house and deciding that you have to bring that nasty ass couch that you had from college with cigarette burns and cum stains all over it with you. Give that shit to Goodwill or put it out on the curb.

I don't think I ever negged anybody but Bedoin on the Shag, but me and my 50 post micro epeen is frowny facing the shit out of anybody who puts a serious post in this bullshit. This thing needs to be crowdsourced.

Count my micro epeen in on this as well. Worst fucking thread on the shag, and that's saying A LOT. 

I used to think Texas, Oklahoma, Tech and OSU to the Pac12, but Larry Scott managed to turn an excellent conference into an also ran. Maybe ditigal media (google, you tube tv or another) will make 100% ownership in the network worth it, but the current distribution is an unmitigated failure. 

8 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Damn, dude. I didn't have cumstains all over my couch in college. 

An expanded XII:

BYU to the XII could be interesting... Could help the league as far as perceptions in strength of CCG, & allow for divisions...

The Pac-12 could sure use Brigham Young (to win games, not join the conference
By JON WILNER | jwilner@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: April 23, 2018 at 6:51 am | UPDATED: April 23, 2018 at 6:51 am
* The following commentary appeared in the Hotline newsletter on Wednesday (sign-up here) and has been updated and republished here for readers who missed the original …

Here’s an interpretation of chaos theory you probably hadn’t considered, starring Brigham Young as the butterfly:

Pac-12 football success over the coming years will depend, to a certain extent, on how well the Cougars flap their wings, so to speak.

logo.png?w=620&crop=0%2C0px%2C100%2C9999Games won in Provo (and elsewhere) could impact College Football Playoff access in Los Angeles and Seattle (and elsewhere).

Of course, the inverse also holds: Loads of BYU losses would be bad news for the Pac-12.

This topic is a bit off-road, particularly in the middle of April, so let’s backtrack for a moment.

The crack Hotline research staff recently compiled a list of non-conference games for each Pac-12 team over the next five years.

I fully expected to find a slew of dates with BYU, which, as an Independent, is desperate to schedule home-and-home series with Power Five opponents.

But the extent of the relationship wasn’t clear until my deep dive into the schedules: Nine teams will play a total of 18 games against the Cougars during that timeframe.

Five years, 18 games.

That’s 10 percent of the non-conference total, locked up with one program.

Now, there are good reasons for all Pac-12 teams, not just Utah, to schedule the Cougars:

Travel expenses are manageable for teams and fans; and BYU, with supporters in every state in the Pac-12 footprint, fills seats like few other road teams. https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/...he-conference/

Edited by kopp0e
  • Fuck You 1

Talk of Gonzaga going to MWC appaently going away. 

SAN ANTONIO, Texas -- Gonzaga is "probably" not joining the Mountain West in 2018, commissioner Craig Thompson told CBS Sports on  Sunday.

"It depends on who you talk to -- president [Thayne] McCulloh, AD [Mike] Roth, Coach Mark Few," Thompson said. "Right now I think it's going to be probably it won't happen in April 2018. But that doesn't mean [ever]."

CBS Sports reported last month that Gonzaga was within a two-week window on deciding whether to join the Mountain West for the 2018-19 season. 

10 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Well, Baylor and Tech are going to the PAC, when USC and UCLA come to B12. Notre Dame is joining the B12 along with FSU, Vandy and Rice so it might be a little longer before the B12 is the super conference.

If you are going to go all out on a prediction of the XII adding not only USC & UCLA, but Notre Dame, you might as well trademark "Prestige Worldwide"... B|

In all seriousness, Big 12 seems more stable, no? When the contracts come up , they should get a comparable contract to the ACC?  As much as I hate the conference at times, I don't want it to implode.  Easiest path to the playoff and I'm not for all the 11 pm EST kickoffs for games out west.

On 4/4/2018 at 11:36 AM, JFKFC said:

I was promised a spot in the PAC that involved regular trips for me to walk the UCLA campus to meet beautiful Asian girls. This hasn't happened. Disappointed.

FWiM.gifusc-football-gif-cheerleaders.gif

These will have to hold you over until the merger...

With the latest news that the new president of the University of Oklahoma is in fact an alumnus & large donor of the University of Colorado; it opens possibilities that the school could find at easier to negotiate a merger, if indeed the alumnus & former faculty of the University of California, and current president at the University of Texas looks to do the same...  

This was how PAC presidents & student body took the news that both the university presidents at Texas & Oklahoma have strong ties as alumni of California & Colorado, respectively...

dance.gif?w=1000

In other news, ESPN signs a 10 year contract with the Ivy league, and will be available on the upcoming ESPN streaming service...

giphy.gif

Edited by kopp0e

23 hours ago, Thiefery said:

In all seriousness, Big 12 seems more stable, no? When the contracts come up , they should get a comparable contract to the ACC?  As much as I hate the conference at times, I don't want it to implode.  Easiest path to the playoff and I'm not for all the 11 pm EST kickoffs for games out west.

The Big 12 is in a better financial spot than the ACC and a significantly better financial spot than the Pac 12, which has also become complete ass in revenue sports.

I just can't see what incentive there will be for Big 12 schools to move conferences, compared to the financial gaps and butthurt that lead decision making in 2010.

UT and OU get plenty of marquee non-con games to make up for the perceived blandness of the rest of the league, and the 14 team ACC/Big10/SECs have exposed the reality that most leagues are a couple of blue bloods and a collection of also-rans.  All you do by changing conferences is start playing new also-rans who you now have zero history or familiarity with, that are on complete opposite ends of the country. 

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

The Big 12 is in a better financial spot than the ACC and a significantly better financial spot than the Pac 12, which has also become complete ass in revenue sports.

I just can't see what incentive there will be for Big 12 schools to move conferences, compared to the financial gaps and butthurt that lead decision making in 2010.

UT and OU get plenty of marquee non-con games to make up for the perceived blandness of the rest of the league, and the 14 team ACC/Big10/SECs have exposed the reality that most leagues are a couple of blue bloods and a collection of also-rans.  All you do by changing conferences is start playing new also-rans who you now have zero history or familiarity with, that are on complete opposite ends of the country. 

After the dust settled from the last round of big moves, it has become very clear that the PAC 10 needed the Texhoma Four much worse than the Texhoma Four needed the PAC 10.  

I honestly believe that if the PAC could get KSU and ISU, they would significantly upgrade the viewership and interest in their football conference.  Not that it is going to happen, but those two programs are better than the median of a PAC 12 program in value

8 minutes ago, DeadArmadillo said:

After the dust settled from the last round of big moves, it has become very clear that the PAC 10 needed the Texhoma Four much worse than the Texhoma Four needed the PAC 10.  

I honestly believe that if the PAC could get KSU and ISU, they would significantly upgrade the viewership and interest in their football conference.  Not that it is going to happen, but those two programs are better than the median of a PAC 12 program in value

We certainly have more engaged fanbases than all but a handful of Pac 12 schools.

Honestly, if the Pac 12 showed up tomorrow and asked ISU and KSU to join a Pac 14, we'd be foolish to join.  That's not going to happen, but the relative of health of the two conferences seems to have gone in different directions since the attempted raid/merger.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

We certainly have more engaged fanbases than all but a handful of Pac 12 schools.

Honestly, if the Pac 12 showed up tomorrow and asked ISU and KSU to join a Pac 14, we'd be foolish to join.  That's not going to happen, but the relative of health of the two conferences seems to have gone in different directions since the attempted raid/merger.

I think that we had it wrong all along and are just now realizing it.  I know I thought that the PAC was a better place for Tech but I now realize that I was wrong.  The Big 12 was better then because the average of the individual football programs was better.  And it still is, even with the current membership.  It just took a few guys doing the math and realizing that while the PAC 10 was more stable, it was not as profitable.  Or at least that's the way I see it

4 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

UT and OU get plenty of marquee non-con games to make up for the perceived blandness of the rest of the league 

This and the improvement of programs like TCU and OSU.  I know I'm biased but BIG12 football style of play is the best all around.  

13 minutes ago, DeadArmadillo said:

I think that we had it wrong all along and are just now realizing it.  I know I thought that the PAC was a better place for Tech but I now realize that I was wrong.  The Big 12 was better then because the average of the individual football programs was better.  And it still is, even with the current membership.  It just took a few guys doing the math and realizing that while the PAC 10 was more stable, it was not as profitable.  Or at least that's the way I see it

And at this point, I think stability's a wash.  I just don't see any of the current schools/administrations being all that unsatisfied with their affiliation.

Except the guys on LandThieves.

15 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

This and the improvement of programs like TCU and OSU.  I know I'm biased but BIG12 football style of play is the best all around.  

I think it's the most entertaining league in the country, if only because of Round Robin play.  Every school plays each other every year.  I know I give way more of a damn about the Texas schools now that we've been playing every year for awhile, and every game has implications.  It makes the basketball side of things better too.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2018 at 12:39 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

And at this point, I think stability's a wash.  I just don't see any of the current schools/administrations being all that unsatisfied with their affiliation.

Except the guys on LandThieves.

I think it's the most entertaining league in the country, if only because of Round Robin play.  Every school plays each other every year.  I know I give way more of a damn about the Texas schools now that we've been playing every year for awhile, and every game has implications.  It makes the basketball side of things better too.

LandThieves folded as it ran piggyback on the servers of ShaggyBevo...

It's just as possible that once the Disney/ Fox merger is complete, that ESPN will have the best shot to sign the 3rd tier product for Kansas/ Oklahoma & other brands, and sync those to extend until 2031 as the same time as the end of the contract for Texas 3rd tier network...

The PAC & XII would be best in facilitating a merger, keeping Iowa State/ Kansas/ Oklahoma/ Texas/ Texas Tech & TCU in the same conference...

Currently the PAC actually is paid more in a conference vs conference payout at 3 billion over 12 years, while the XII earns 2.6 billion over 13 years...

Here is  potential PAC-XII Thanksgiving weekend out-of-conference slate which would renew rivalries, similar to the end of season SEC & ACC contest...

Edited by kopp0e

Where the XII is monetized better currently is in having it's 3rd tier rights setup individually as UT earns $15 m. for Longhorn Network/ OU earns $8 m. for Soonersports Network/ Kansas earns $7 m. for Jayhawk Network/ West Virginia & most other XII members average $4 m. for their individual networks...

While currently the PAC with it's distribution problems with Directv averages about $2 m. per schools after accounting for production/ facilities cost...

So both sides have something positive to leverage, especially if around 2023 to 2025 the streaming tech companies as Amazon & Google look to add live collegiate sports...

Here are a few old tweets of how similar mergers have been tossed around, some even came into existence as in the SWC & Big8...

Big 12 discussed scheduling alliance with Pac-12 during recent expansion talks
by Dennis Dodd
Jan 4, 2017 • 1 min read
During the height of its expansion evaluation last summer, the Big 12 spoke with the Pac-12 about a scheduling alliance, CBS Sports has learned.

The discussions focused on a scheduling agreement between the two conferences to bolster each league's nonconference schedules in the College Football Playoff era, according to multiple sources.

[...]

"If history is a guide, I do think one day there continues to be further consolidation," Scott told CBS Sports' Jon Solomon. "College sports is still very fragmented in terms of [media] rights. But nothing short-term. I don't think anything is imminent related to our conference."

Discussions between the two leagues first surfaced last summer during the heart of the Big 12's expansion evaluation. The Big 12 explored expansion but eventually decided to stay at 10 teams. In June, the league decided to add a football championship game beginning in 2017.

"Bob shared with me all the things they were thinking about, including [whether there was] anything we could do together," Scott said. "But none of them gained any traction."

Edited by kopp0e

The Pac merger is stupid.  I want no part of it.  I know you like making the graphics, and that's fine, but Jesus Christ the last thing college football needs is more conferences that span half the width of the country and feature schools with zero history or shared culture.  Blech.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, kopp0e said:

FWiM.gifusc-football-gif-cheerleaders.gif

These will have to hold you over until the merger...

With the latest news that the new president of the University of Oklahoma is in fact an alumnus & large donor of the University of Colorado; it opens possibilities that the school could find at easier to negotiate a merger, if indeed the alumnus & former faculty of the University of California, and current president at the University of Texas looks to do the same...  

In other news, ESPN signs a 10 year contract with the Ivy league, and will be available on the upcoming ESPN streaming service...

CU - Colorado Springs not CU Boulder

On 4/5/2018 at 1:03 PM, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

^^^

Are third teir monies in that PAC number?

No, that's separate as the 3 billion is for 1st & 2nd tier, while the 3rd tier is lacking carriage from Directv... That's where UT & OU and the XII has leverage in negotiating, if anything ever comes of it... Making room for the majority of XII members to stay together, while adding the largest populous states of California & Texas in the same league..

Here is a potential conference slate of games on a weekend, in an expanded XII with western flagships from the PAC:

Edited by kopp0e

On 4/5/2018 at 1:07 PM, 66BUFF said:

CU - Colorado Springs not CU Boulder

If you check, he is on the board of directors for both campuses, and is a large donor to the Colorado at Boulder campus...

Edited by kopp0e

16 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Where the XII is monetized better currently is in having it's 3rd tier rights setup individually as UT earns $15 m. for Longhorn Network/ OU earns $8 m. for Soonersports Network/ Kansas earns $7 m. for Jayhawk Network/ West Virginia & most other XII members average $4 m. for their individual networks...

While currently the PAC with it's distribution problems with Directv averages about $2 m. per schools after accounting for production/ facilities cost...

So both sides have something positive to leverage, especially if around 2023 to 2025 the streaming tech companies as Amazon & Google look to add live collegiate sports...

WVA is claiming $8-10 mil for their tier 3. https://247sports.com/college/west-virginia/Bolt/West-Virginia-Big12-Revenues-Increase-Again-116244136

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

On 4/5/2018 at 1:06 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

The Pac merger is stupid.  I want no part of it.  I know you like making the graphics, and that's fine, but Jesus Christ the last thing college football needs is more conferences that span half the width of the country and feature schools with zero history or shared culture.  Blech.

I can't speak for ISU, but I do know that both Texas & Oklahoma have played schools from the PAC more than any other schools from any other conference, so there is a bit of a history there in that respects... But honestly, in no way do I want to see a day where ISU isn't in the same conference, as the P5, the fans are amazing and the fact that it's an AAU school adds a feather for the XII... It sucks that it's even gotten to this point where we wonder who would get left out...

In my "best of both worlds" merger the XII has: Iowa State/ Kansas/ Oklahoma/ Oklahoma State/ TCU/ Texas/ Texas Tech

While the other half, the PAC has: Washington/ Oregon/ Stanford/ California/ USC/ UCLA/ Arizona/ Arizona State/ Colorado

The other possibility is just a simple joint network between the 2 leagues, allowing current members to remain as is, with annual cross conference games in the non-conference...

Here is a prospective line up in a PAC-XII conference of 16 schools that includes the Cyclones & Jayhawks within the fold...

Edited by kopp0e

11 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

I can't speak for ISU, but I do know that both Texas & Oklahoma have played schools from the PAC more than any other schools from any other conference, so there is a bit of a history there in that respects... But honestly, in no way do I want to see a day where ISU isn't in the same conference, as the P5, the fans are amazing and the fact that it's an AAU school adds a feather for the XII... It sucks that it's even gotten to this point where we wonder who would get left out...

In my "best of both worlds" merger the XII has: Iowa State/ Kansas/ Oklahoma/ Oklahoma State/ TCU/ Texas/ Texas Tech

While the other half, the PAC has: Washington/ Oregon/ Stanford/ California/ USC/ UCLA/ Arizona/ Arizona State/ Colorado

The other possibility is just a simple joint network between the 2 leagues, allowing current members to remain as is, with annual cross conference games in the non-conference...

I appreciate the sentiment, but I still think a merger is stupid.  I could see working together as media partners like you mention, but the leagues should stay separate and play their current set ups.  That's the best way to continue to foster fan interest over the long term.

I don't think any current P5 school is at danger of getting kicked out, unfortunately even Baylor.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

selfishly I want WVU to remain in the conference since it's the closest distance from me to catch Texas play. I'm really happy that they are coming to Landover in September to play MD

The Big 12 is financially stable and all of the members seem relatively happy with the money they receive. We are competing for championships in nearly all sports and we have a long history with each other.

The point is the Big 12 is working from a position of strength. The Pac is weakening, their members are getting restless and the weaker leagues are getting more tv exposure. Now is the perfect time to try to start picking off teams. I think you go for the Arizona schools, Colorado and Utah/Byu with the understanding that if any of the Cali teams show interest, they get first priority.

You build a strong western division with Texas, Tech, Baylor, Arizona, Arizona st, Colorado and Utah/Byu.

The eastern division would include Ousux, okie lite, Tcu, Kansas, Ksu, Isu, Wvu.

Play 9 conference games with one permanent rival and cycle through 2 teams from the other division every year to guarantee every team plays each other once every 3 years.

Edited by HornsofBevo
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, HornsofBevo said:

The Big 12 is financially stable and all of the members seem relatively happy with the money they receive. We are competing for championships in nearly all sports and we have a long history with each other.

The point is the Big 12 is working from a position of strength. The Pac is weakening, thier members are getting restless and the weaker leagues are getting more tv exposure. Now is the perfect time to try to start picking off teams. I think you go for the Arizona schools, Colorado and Utah/Byu with the understanding that if any of the Cali teams show interest, they get first priority.

You build a strong western division with Texas, Tech, Baylor, Arizona, Arizona st, Colorado and Utah/Byu.

The eastern division would include Ousux, okie lite, Tcu, Kansas, Ksu, Isu, Wvu.

Play 9 conference games with one permanent rival and cycle through 2 teams from the other division every year to guarantee every team plays each other once every 2 years.

If the Big XII is going to continue past the current GOR, something like this needs to happen.  It may be financially stable, but competitively it is moronic to play a CCG AFTER playing a full round-robin.  

On 4/5/2018 at 2:06 PM, HornsofBevo said:

The point is the Big 12 is working from a position of strength. The Pac is weakening, their members are getting restless and the weaker leagues are getting more tv exposure. Now is the perfect time to try to start picking off teams. I think you go for the Arizona schools, Colorado and Utah/Byu with the understanding that if any of the Cali teams show interest, they get first priority.

Play 9 conference games with one permanent rival and cycle through 2 teams from the other division every year to guarantee every team plays each other once every 3 years.

To agree with your statement, and slightly revise the list of membership for an expanded 16 school athletic & academic league of merged XII & PAC universities...

It still requires a game conference slate, with in-division games & rotating out-of-division games each season, to guarantee every team plays each other once every 4 years.

A sample of the UT schedule would look as such, (home games in bold) 

@ Utah/ vs Arizona/ @ TCU/ *Oklahoma @ Fair Park - Cotton Bowl (Dallas)/ vs UCLA/ @ USC/ vs Iowa State/ @ Arizona State/ vs Texas Tech

@ Arkansas [Thanksgiving Weekend]

In this setup, the XII keeps a regional core of schools in the Lone Star State, while having a guaranteed home & away game against a team from the Golden State...

Iowa State/ Kansas/ Colorado/ Utah/ California/ Stanford/ Oregon/ Washington, has a [home & away] keeping regional ties with long standing rivals each year as:

- @ Texas/ vs Arizona State [2025]

- @ USC/ vs TCU [2026]

- @ Arizona/ vs Oklahoma [2027]

- @ Texas Tech/ vs UCLA [2028]

After 4 years, h&league foes switch away  visiting at the home games for the north division, keeping a regional and historical sense to the expanded conference...

With 1 guaranteed permanent non-conference opponent for all 16 members of the merged PAC-XII, giving 2 open spots for out-of-conference opponents each year... In the case of Texas, the permanent rival would be set as Arkansas of the SEC, similar to how the SEC & ACC have set out-of-conference rivalries...

As said, I can understand the trepidation of many schools in hoping things remain as is, but expansion eliminates the need for a conference championship game that is an annual rematch (for both conferences) and increase viewership for the merged league, similar to how the SWC brought the needed large mega city populous the Big 8 lacked, while having a few brands to carry the low population region... 

Current payout of highest earning P5 leagues: (2018 increased: B1G $51 m. [next 6 years], SEC $41 m. XII $34 m. PAC $30 m. [XII & PAC total w/o 3rd tier])...

2018 media disbursements: XII $340 million and the PAC $351 million, for 1st & 2nd tier)
Also: PAC $3 billion 1st/2nd tier contract pays 12 teams @ $30 million, while the XII $2.6 billion 1st/2nd tier contract pays 10 members @ $34 million...

So, the merged conference's 3rd tier rights would create a correction in valuations Texas/ USC/ Colorado/ Oklahoma/ Kansas & UCLA, on the same network...

Edited by kopp0e

17 hours ago, HornsofBevo said:

No way UT and blowU play in separate divisons

On 3/27/2018 at 2:46 PM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Shit we found on Shaggy without a metal detector.

On 4/5/2018 at 1:54 PM, kopp0e said:

LandThieves folded as it ran piggyback on the servers of ShaggyBevo...

It's just as possible that once the Disney/ Fox merger is complete, that ESPN will have the best shot to sign the 3rd tier product for Kansas/ Oklahoma & other brands, and sync those to extend until 2031 as the same time as the end of the contract for Texas 3rd tier network...

The PAC & XII would be best in facilitating a merger, keeping Iowa State/ Kansas/ Oklahoma/ Texas/ Texas Tech & TCU in the same conference...

Currently the PAC actually is paid more in a conference vs conference payout at 3 billion over 12 years, while the XII earns 2.6 billion over 13 years...

That very slight difference, about 800k per team per year, is largely due to the fact that the Big 12 didn't have a championship game factored into the deal, where the Pac 12 did.  

The Pac 12 sells around 49 games a year with the CCG, coming to an average of about $4m per game and $20.8m per school.   The remaining 24 games make up the Pac12 network and are monetized that way.

The Big 12 sold around 50 games per year, at about $4m per game, $20m per school, with 10 games going to "member controlled rights".

In this comparison the Big 12's games are more valuable for two reasons; they do not include an inflated CCG and they include 10 more lower end games the Pac12 doesn't have dragging down its average. 

f you add the $30m CCG the Big 12 just created the per game average jumps to $4.5m per game and $23m per school. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hurtlocker said:

That very slight difference, about 800k per team per year, is largely due to the fact that the Big 12 didn't have a championship game factored into the deal, where the Pac 12 did.  

The Pac 12 sells around 49 games a year with the CCG, coming to an average of about $4m per game and $20.8m per school.   The remaining 24 games make up the Pac12 network and are monetized that way.

The Big 12 sold around 50 games per year, at about $4m per game, $20m per school, with 10 games going to "member controlled rights".

In this comparison the Big 12's games are more valuable for two reasons; they do not include an inflated CCG and they include 10 more lower end games the Pac12 doesn't have dragging down its average. 

f you add the $30m CCG the Big 12 just created the per game average jumps to $4.5m per game and $23m per school. 

The most recent Big XII revenue per team has risen to over $34 million per team for 1st & 2nd tier payouts... I believe that includes XII CCG payouts, while the PAC is averaging $30 million for less inentory distributed to ESPN & FOX... 

As you say, this gives more inventory for the PACN, the only problem for the conference is that it's 3rd tier network is not worth nearly the value of Longhorn Network at $15 millionor fellow XII school platforms as SoonerSports & Jayhawk Network at $8 & $7 million, respectively...

Other than West Virginia, which values it's 3rd tier rights at about $8 million, the rest of the XII averages just $4 million in rights, while the PAC average is only $2 million without the value of including Texas & Oklahoma...

I think it very possible that both leagues may look to do a scheduling alliance, with joint product between the leagues for a stronger leverage of rights in the upcoming negotiations window of 2023 to 2025...

• Like 1