Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

6 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Can someone please educate me on why the cultural fit card is being played citing we will not be a good fit in the SEC?

It's not like our recruiting base exclusively comes from the wealthy zip codes in the Metroplex, Houston, or any others across the state.

And neither does our student body for that matter.     I get we have higher academics standards, etc., than a number of institutions in the SEC and it needs to stay there.   But we don't go around sipping wine and  eating cheese on crackers at our tailgates and other functions like they do somewhere like  a Stanford for crying out loud.  

remember that this card is being played by delusional aggy, not by anyone who actually grasps the situation

this is like relying on what a mark said to understand how a con works... while the mark is being conned.

actually, that's not a simile

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

If this happens quickly one lame duck season will be more than enough. I don't expect to get a call all season in conference play, it's gonna be a free-for-all out there. 

Can you imagine how funny it would be if we made the conference championship game and played OU? The Big12 half heartedly hyping a game between the teams that killed it, basically paying for a showcase for another conference? Bowlsby gritting his teeth while (good willing) handing the trophy to Sark? It would be fucking incredible.  

Would be the ideal scenario for both teams this year to make the Big 12 title . I don’t think this is something we can just be patient with and make the love 2-3 seasons down the road. Especially after your above reasoning with relationship with the fractured conference 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

image.thumb.png.21d0ecd18f9007297856b7115afb58da.png

This savage guy could be fun to roast in the future.  Apparently he isn't aware that B12 also-ran Missouri quickly won the East after joining the mighty SEC and aggy has a better winning % in the SEC than they did in the B12.  Other than Bama, stepping into the SEC is not exactly a huge leap. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

This savage guy could be fun to roast in the future.  Apparently he isn't aware that B12 also-ran Missouri quickly won the East after joining the mighty SEC and aggy has a better winning % in the SEC than they did in the B12.  Other than Bama, stepping into the SEC is not exactly a huge leap. 

What the fuck is baw ball?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

Wtf is “baw ball”?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

remember that this card is being played by delusional aggy, not by anyone who actually grasps the situation

this is like relying on what a mark said to understand how a con works... while the mark is being conned.

actually, that's not a simile

You used "like" so it is a simile, not a metaphor.  Don't feel bad.  I always have to look it up.  

15 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Can someone please educate me on why the cultural fit card is being played citing we will not be a good fit in the SEC?

It's not like our recruiting base exclusively comes from the wealthy zip codes in the Metroplex, Houston, or any others across the state.

And neither does our student body for that matter.     I get we have higher academics standards, etc., than a number of institutions in the SEC and it needs to stay there.   But we don't go around sipping wine and  eating cheese on crackers at our tailgates and other functions like they do somewhere like  a Stanford for crying out loud.  

Aggy: "We're gonna change the College Football Landscape for 100 years!"

Texas: "Hold my glass of 1982 Lafite Rothschild Pauillac"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Big 12 Office: “Mr. Del Conte and President Jay, here is your WebEx information for tonight’s emergency call.  You;’re more than welcome to relax, have a glass of wine, don’t even turn on your camera!  We would LOVE to see you there, and as always, we hope you’re staying cool down in the ATX!”

CDC and Jay:

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I had no issue with Texas until yesterday.  I've made that abundantly clear over the years.

My issue is that whenever someone leaves they say "we had no choice, we had to do it".  Nebraska said this, and it was a lie.  Aggy said this, and it was a lie.  Why would I believe Texas and OU when they say it?  You have a choice.  And it looks like you've made it, and I just hope like hell we make it out alive.

In this case, a good partner would be working with the others to find a win-win resolution on the way out the door.  Not just dropping a bomb out of nowhere.  Working behind the rest of your partner's backs without helping them find a way out isn't being a good partner.

I'm throwing a "like" at this post because I get the sentiment. I have a crush on ISU for the lockerroom after they beat Nebraska so many years ago and, perhaps surprisingly, for beating Mack Brown at DKR. I hated it when it happened, but I had to admire the effort. ISU has done all it can to compete, and they are certainly now a competitive football team not to be overlooked.

I'm lamenting this seachange in college football. I think the popularity of pro football has had gravitational pull how fans view college football.

It's all winning. Period. It's all about money, you naive fuck, and it always has been.

Actually, no as far as the money goes. That came with TV but not even at the beginning of TV coverage. It came when the NCAA limits on TV appearances were lifted (yay! we can watch out teams!) and suddenly ESPN and other outlets had money to vie for the rights.

Old money was $100 handshakes, sinecures for starters, and other forms of cheating that seem kind of quaint now.

I don't want to see the possibility of an ISU, TCU, Rutgers, or Syracuse having good years where they whip people they usually don't whip. It was part of the fun.

This is now a juggernaut. I do like the idea of a conference schedule with more traditional powers. I don't want to see the little guy shoved under the bus in the name of progress. Of course, nobody does or likely should care about what I think or feel.

Creasy Bear above makes a valid point about what is owed. It's cold blooded, but apt.

I'll just have to reassess how I feel about the game when the dust settles.

I gave up pro sports because I just couldn't give a shit about mercenary millionaires. I'd hate to have to do the same with college football.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

aggy on secrant just going nuts/ape-shit...telling how we would be coming into the league and changing everything.....running scared, I'd say:

Texas ain't coming in and dictating shit, if they want in they will get in line, they need us we don't need them.

This league was built on telling bigger, richer, supposedly better schools and programs to go fvck themselves. We've been doing it to each other, the B1G and the nation since Alabama went out to the Rose Bowl for the first time. If you think the University of fvckin Texas is going to walk in and all of sudden destroy 100 years of that sort of culture and attitude then you need to re-educate yourself on the league you are in.

texas will try to manhandle the SEC but there are too many big dogs to deal with their shite. I think the bigger question is whether texas can handle being 1 of 16. They may think yes now but after a few years of not getting their way I could see them bailing.

The SEC is a bigger challenge and they won't dominate as much, but Texas doesn't need political power in Georgia or Florida. You may not realize it, but no SEC school has as much political pursuasion as Texas.

This isn't about football.

I do not think Alabama under stands the situation when Texas joins the conference. Saban is not going to be coach forever. Look it as a power situation or like a giant RISK game. Oklahoma is already in their orbit. They are like their best friend. They will do what ever Texas wants. That is one school right there. Arkansas was there second best friend back in the SWC days and now get to be their friend again. They will want to the best friend and do what Texas wants. That is two schools now. Texas A&M will see the writing on the wall and will be the best little brother again and will what Texas wants. That is three schools. Missouri is in the same situation as Texas A&M because they will be more dependent on Texas than Alabama. That makes in 4 schools now in their orbit. Just need 3 more to get half the conference. LSU always whining about Alabama running the conference. Texas will go them and said this is there chance to take down Alabama. Auburn is kind in the same boat is LSU. Texas will go to them and say this is your chance to take your big brother down. What about the Mississippi schools? Are sure they are tired of Alabama taking a lot of top talent out of their state. Texas will tried to use that. What about Tennessee? Texas will to them and saying are tired of being under Alabama? What about Florida? Texas will say we are the 2 big state schools that is in the AAU we should stick run the conference not Alabama.

I am not saying all this is going to happen. However, Texas is going to wheel and deal to gain control and they will have plenty of cards to play.

We don’t want them here because we know who they are.

Just aggy being aggy!!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

Thats exactly what I keep saying to folks on twitter and shit.  They all take BAMA'S success as theirs.  It's Bama, occasionally another really good team pops up(LSU 2 years ago or so), a bunch of decent to good teams, and a bunch of mediocre to bad teams...JUST like every other conference.  How are they so stupid to see that?

Texas isn't going to go in there and win the Conference, but they'll compete.  OU has a chance to win the conference though.  Something Aggy doesn't.

• Hook 'Em 1