Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

Just now, Texasrocks said:

OSU and ISU I get. Maybe Tech, but why KState?  Do they bring anything?

I get Tech cause they may suck at football but that can change.  But Tech actually is really good at  basketball, baseball, track.  While the other on that list are decent at football but suck at everything else.

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

wtf. KState and ISU instead of TCU or Baylor? Those are big 10 schools all day. Maybe they think Tech secures the Texas market enough to not need TCU/baylor

Kansas is a Big 10 school.  K-State is lucky they aren’t in the Horizon League. Let‘s be clear about that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

FCB is really an idiot!! 

1-2yrs max remaining for TEXAS in the B12  🤘

FU_CHIP_BROWN.jpg

I'm 97% sure @OnAComputerwas joking that FCB reported 2025 and that Will was saying he thinks 2023 and got to make a joke at Chip's expense along the way. But maybe I'm wrong.

Who wrote above that the average college graduate should be a millionaire by 40? I guess you can get there if we were to interpret it as a college grad will have an average net worth by 40, but that's just bc the average is driven higher by the multibillionaires around. That feeling of yours is nucken futz.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1

ISU is (obviously) a terrific regional fit for the B1G, not to mention their academics are in the right realm.  Current football success at least makes them more attractive than they usually appear.  They've managed to not suck at basketball at times, too. 

I'd hate to see them getting shuttled off to the Pac 12, although it's better than nothing.

ISU is going to be fine. They're a natural Big 10 fit who's peaking at the right time. If the PAC wants them, just gives them more leverage but can't imagine them going there. Definitely in their best interest to make a move before next season when they might not be very good..

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I'm 97% sure @OnAComputerwas joking that FCB reported 2025 but he was saying he thinks 2023 and got to take a shot at Chip along the way. But maybe I'm wrong.

Who wrote above that the average college graduate should be a millionaire by 40? I guess you can get there if we were to interpret it as a college grad will have an average net worth by 40, but that's just bc the average is driven higher by the multibillionaires around. That feeling of yours is nucken futz.

It was Rex Kramer, who was born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple. I’d disregard. He may as well have just said “let them eat cake.”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

Vandy is the token private school that every conference has to avoid some freedom of information requests.  They also have great academics and good basketball and baseball and are in a good market that you can might actually want to visit.
The only bread in the SEC is them having 2 Mississippi schools but that way better than all the remaining conferences.

I don’t know where this came from (this is like the 3rd post on this thread saying this) but that’s not how FOIA/Open Records Requests work. Having a private school in a conference or a non public person/ entity on a communication don’t do shit. Do we not remember the “Tech Problem” emails and the Eyes of Texas emails that came out?
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

I get Tech cause they may suck at football but that can change.  But Tech actually is really good at  basketball, baseball, track.  While the other on that list are decent at football but suck at everything else.

Tech and OSU are pretty sizeable programs all around. ISU is midrange but better than an Oregon State or Wake Forest. KState.... yeah no fucking clue. Better than the privates but that's it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mack Tripper said:

I don’t know where this came from (this is like the 3rd post on this thread saying this) but that’s not how FOIA/Open Records Requests work. Having a private school in a conference or a non public person/ entity on a communication don’t do shit. Do we not remember the “Tech Problem” emails and the Eyes of Texas emails that came out?

Yeah, I don't get the logic.  Do people think everyone just gets a @vandy.edu email address and uses that?

3 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Pendejo Chimes in with more brilliance..

This is a classic politician move.  "My constituents are fired up about this, and there's nothing I can really do about it, so let me put out a strongly worded statement.  Maybe I'll even introduce a bill that I know won't get out of committee.  That'll keep the rubes off my back."  And here's Billy Liucci playing the part of the rube.

The Legislature is in a called session until August 7.  And on the call is "voter integrity" legislation.  The Democrats are not coming back to Texas so long as that is on the call.  And if the Democrats don't come back, there's not a quorum and nothing is going to happen in the Legislature.

So the only way to get anything through the Legislature during this called session would be for Abbott to amend the call (1) to delete "voter integrity," and (2) to add something about "prevention of conference-changes by public universities."  I don't even need to worry about (2).  Does anybody who has paid any attention to politics in America over the past 9 months think there's any chance of (1) happening?  Because I sure don't.

So then the earliest a new called session can be convened to address this would be August 10.  And I very strongly suspect that this thing is going to be a done deal by August 10.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

Cuz when you think of the Pacific Ocean, Stanford, Berkeley, Los Angeles, the next thought usually falls on Lubbock and Stillwater. 

They should just make regions like the little league world series 

8 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

ISU is going to be fine. They're a natural Big 10 fit who's peaking at the right time. If the PAC wants them, just gives them more leverage but can't imagine them going there. Definitely in their best interest to make a move before next season when they might not be very good..

Yeah, hopefully Iowa State ends up in B10

• Hook 'Em 1

Decent at football and suck at everything else? We actually have a really solid athletics program from top to bottom and have for a while now.
  • Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Okie State said:
17 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Decent at football and suck at everything else? We actually have a really solid athletics program from top to bottom and have for a while now.

Really?  Do you have a pamphlet or something to distribute?

for all of yall saying WVU is an “easy add” to the ACC, man their message boards do not agree.  I’ve checked out several of them in the last 24 hours and the consensus on them all is they have been told before the ACC doesn’t want them. 

They also don’t think they are Big10 material because they aren’t AAU.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Who knows if this guy has any actual sources, but it would make a lot of sense for the PAC to act quickly grab 2-4 teams from the Big12.  The other conference in threat of breaking up is the ACC and none of those schools would move to the PAC due to geography, so this is really their best opportunity to ever get to 16 P5 worthy teams.  I think Tech and OSU are no brainers, and ISU could make some sense but I dont get the KSU move at all. I'd definitely rather push for KU than KSU.  And I could also see them going after another Texas team, even though I hope that doesn't happen.