Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

Yeah if either of us wanted to leave the other was bound to go along with it. It wasn't like we could stay in the Big 12 without OU.

Only aggy is stupid enough to abandon their biggest rival. There’s no way Texas or OU leave each other behind. I guarantee we are more in lock step on many more decisions that never get made public.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

DP show citing Bohls' tweet and calling him an "insider". I made sure to get on their chat row and tell everyone what a dumbass Kurt really is.

So is Sirius Ch. 84, and I’m driving thinking “no he’s the fuck not.”

We need a separate thread just to serve as a "best of" for all the aggy social media posts crying about this. Gather those aggy tears so it'll be easier to go back and laugh at them, because it's fucking priceless.

If John Sharp is such a public relations genius why did he leak the story to the fat dumb lazy ass chronicle reporter who's barely a step above fat looch? He made it obvious right from the start what aggy's objective is. Total dumb ass move. As is the constant public whining from the rest of their leadership but that's another story.

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

As somebody who always tried to sell people on why the Big 12 was best for Texas it was an endless frustration that I kept saying that we would be excellently set up for the playoff when the win the conference and that we can do so consistently. But since that never happened I never got to see if my theory was actually true or ever be vindicated. 

Even if we were winning 10 games every year, our conference schedule is boring. I haven't been to Austin for a game in 7 years. Who we play matters. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

4 minutes ago, Chopper said:

We need a separate thread just to serve as a "best of" for all the aggy social media posts crying about this. Gather those aggy tears so it'll be easier to go back and laugh at them, because it's fucking priceless.

THERE IS A THREAD SOMEWHERE ELSE DON'T HIT ME CARTON

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

I think a lot of people are glossing over that the SEC (with the additions of Texas and OU) can properly tell the NCAA to fuck off. This move is about breaking away from the NCAA moreso than adding new TV markets.

yeah, this could be the SEC pulling a Vince McMahon move and trying to make the SEC its own independent national league.

back in the day, pro wrestling used to be ruled by territories.  each promotion ruled its own region and didn't encroach on others.  all the big areas had their own little fiefdoms - Dallas, Houston, Georgia, Florida, Mid-Atlantic, Minneapolis, New York, etc.  kinda like conferences in college football.

but then Vince McMahon said fuck it, i want the New York territory - the WWF - to be a national brand.  and he set out to destroy the territories by taking over their tv time slots and staging events in those regions and stealing their biggest stars.  and he succeeded.  it was just the WWF and WCW for a while, then Vince took that over.  now pro wrestling is the WWE and a few minor leagues.

the SEC is in a position to do the same and to make the other conferences damn near obsolete.  it's 16 teams now.  but the SEC could eventually take Clemson and FSU and UNC and ND from the ACC.  and at some point, the SEC could make an arrangement with certain Big 12 and PAC 12 schools to set up a super league.  all with the SEC/ESPN/Disney calling the shots.

the college football landscape is going to be completely different in 10 years.

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Hook 'Em 5

16 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I don't think winning football has anything directly to do with this. This is entirely about money. But us sucking certainly hurt the value of the Big 12 so there is a roll to play there. If Chuck and Herman were winning big the Big 12 would be in much better financial position. I bet that this move was a result of looking at the prospects for continuing to keep up with the SEC and Big 10 on a per school financial basis and seeing that the future prospects after 2025 were not good.

But I also challenge the idea that OU was doing great competitively and did not feel that the Big 12 was not pulling them down...mostly because they have been bitching endlessly about just that for years.

As an OU fan I can tell you my main bitch was OU blowing thru this conference and getting exposed in the playoff.   I'd rather get exposed in the regular season and not get embarrassed on national TV.    Just me.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Even if we were winning 10 games every year, our conference schedule is boring. I haven't been to Austin for a game in 7 years. Who we play matters. 

Really? You didn't show up to see Vince Young play because you really just want to see other teams? What happens if the SEC doesn't provide sexy schedules? Should we swap conferences again?

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Catjuggler said:

As an OU fan I can tell you my main bitch was OU blowing thru this conference and getting exposed in the playoff.   I'd rather get exposed in the regular season and not get embarrassed on national TV.    Just me.  

Well there you go. 

3 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I must have missed Vince Young playing 7 years ago on TV, too.

I must have missed all the fucking 10 win seasons in the past 7 years as well. So I was making a relevant comparison.

The 2005 home schedule was pretty weak, all of our big matchups were away from DKR. But I went to every home game despite the fact I was broke at the time because, you know, were were great.

So if we were awesome in the past 7 years people just would refuse to go because the opponents weren't sexy? How lame.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

I must have missed all the fucking 10 win seasons in the past 7 years as well. So I was making a relevant comparison.

The 2005 home schedule was pretty weak, all of our big matchups were road games. But I went to every home game despite the fact I was broke at the time because, you know, were were great.

So if we were awesome in the past 7 years people just would refuse to go because the opponents weren't sexy? How lame.

I'm not saying you're wrong (I pretty much agree), I was just being a smart ass.

• Hook 'Em 1

That is very harsh on Slovenia and Albania
Spoiler

Church-of-the-Assumption-island-Slovenia-Lake.jpg
shutterstock_1456710995.jpg
TAMUcampus.jpg

I was referring to Adidas track suits being the unofficial uniform of the vodka soaked 20 somethings break dancing in city squares in those countries, but point taken.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Finally caught up because I have been fairly busy. My gut reaction when I first heard about this was I hated the idea. Yet one knew the BIG XII was dying especially after Notre Dame decide to go with the ACC and we did not expand. It had started to feel like the old SWC days around here. It was not as bad but one could see it getting just as bad. So after reading arguments for and against I could get excited about the 4 pod system especially the 2 team rotation. It would make the home schedules diverse over the years and the in conference big games great. At some point we would get tired of the same teams but that would take years. Having Arkansas back is going to be enjoyable I liked that rivalry.

44 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I got quite a few buddies that went to Wazzu.  It's next to the Tri Cities, which compared to Lubbock, you know what, nevermind.

130 miles is next to?  And yeah, tri cities blows Lubbock away but what doesn't 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lets be clear, a&m didn't "get wind" of anything. That implies they uncovered something on their own. They were finally told it was happening because it was happening and they had to be told at some point, so they got the Birds and the Bees about who fucks and who gets fucked, and then they started their predictable and hilarious meltdown. Don't even imply any credit that they figured something out. They got told. 

Somebody should put this on a billboard 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Barbacoa said:

Disney has orchestrated this entire process, starting with the LHN. They're the reason we didnt end up in the PAC and they're the reason we are headed to the SEC. Everything else is just fluff. 

They're also the reason why the buyout and exit will be a lot easier. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Someone care to post his Friday tweets 

Not understanding why the SEC would want Texas and OU, and also not understanding why Texas and OU would want to leave, might be the dumbest things I've ever heard from a sportswriter. 

• Hook 'Em 3