Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

1 hour ago, troph said:

I get why, but fuck this buddy buddy shit with OU. Let that end the moment we walk through the door.  I still hate those assholes. chitown talking about you buddy, crimson and cream dean wtf did that guy go? and any other okie fuckers. you can DIAGF.

ok now I feel better about the umm, "partnership" we made to leave.  carry on.

I’ve always rooted for UT to come into Dallas undefeated then, ideally, I give zero fucks after winning there.  
But I’ll admit this is because I’ve gotten spoiled.  Right now I want a strong UT but I guarantee at some point Texas will get a couple beatdowns in on OU and then I’ll be all ‘why did I ever root for anything good for these obnoxious pieces of shit?’

• Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

OMG. I finally caught up. When I read the last post, a message saying there are 8 new posts didn’t show up. I guess it’s over. We are SEC now. 

That good feeling will last for about 5 minutes.  You’ll go to punch out the clown and come back 20 pages behind.  

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Cause they have to play us and ou again. It’s just not fair!!!!

The whole thing is hilarious.  The SEC benefits tremendously by adding three additional legendary rivalries to what they had -- UA/AU and UGA/UF.  The historical significance of UT/OU, UT/A&M and UT/Ark can't be overstated.  I doubt all 3 would happen every year, but UT/OU surely will.  It's a huge boost for the conference, but Aggies are twisted up in their pathological little brother mindset.  They can't help it.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

if 4 members bail on the big 12, then no one has to pay shit, right?

ku is the 3rd, there will be a 4th because no one wants to be holding their dick when the house falls apart. 

No you would need the vote to dissolve it, and once you announce you are leaving, you lose your vote.   Need to do it before announcing. 

1 minute ago, Hurtlocker said:

No you would need the vote to dissolve it, and once you announce you are leaving, you lose your vote.   Need to do it before announcing. 

again, i don't think any school wants to be left holding their dick to vote. so you hang around get money as punishment for those leaving. short term gain. long term, you are without a home and playing in the MAC for the next decade. get leaving while the leaving is good.

Just now, crash_davis said:

again, i don't think any school wants to be left holding their dick to vote. so you hang around get money as punishment for those leaving. short term gain. long term, you are without a home and playing in the MAC for the next decade. get leaving while the leaving is good.

I don't disagree, just saying that due to last time, the Big 12 put in language to protect the schools who remained if someone leaves.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Yes and meanwhile we're still dicking around in that POS bubble from 1998. Another reason to change conferences and modernize the facilities 

Ah yes, the Members Only jacket of college practice facilities.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Liucci has twice reminded Finebaum that A&M is led by a national championship winning coach. Looks like aggie is claiming FSU's title. 

Put it on the stadium with the two other championships they found from pre-national-poll-days that no self-respecting school would try to claim.

7 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

looch: "you wouldn't see this same type treatment to a conference blue blood"

finebaum:  "hold on here, explain how you think they were mistreated"

looch: 10 minutes of "we were ambushed and they didn't tell us"

finebaum: "it's hard for me to believe that greg sankey would have gone this far down the road without talking to sharp, i have been told that the presidents were told that they couldn't tell the ADs, everyone there on wednesday is convinced that it's hard to believe the timing of the zwereneman story breaking while he (finebaum) was standing 3 feet from bjork the prevailing wind is that this was a leak from sharp or someone near him and this circumstances are hard to believe that all this happened spontaneously at 340pm on wednesday afternoon"

looch: "we took down a post on texags tuesday night talking about the move" (what that has to do with anything no clue)

looch: more rambling about respect on the field

looch: "the time to bring this out was weeks ago and months ago"

finebaum: "people in birmingham are not happy about the leak/story happening in the middle of their wonderful event; someone was trying to get this story out, i can guarantee you that"

+++++

powers that be are not happy with aggy

This confirms ctj’s premise that the AD’s weren’t involved. Interesting. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Based on their history the SEC changed their logo shortly before adding more teams. Here’s to hoping the addition of Texas and OU allows for a rebrand and the logo we have to put on the uniform is much better aesthetically.

F51DF1BE-3D52-4A59-AB42-E7C92D800E71.jpeg

I heard that Texas is already demanding the circle be changed to the state of Texas outline. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

looch: "you wouldn't see this same type treatment to a conference blue blood"

finebaum:  "hold on here, explain how you think they were mistreated"

looch: 10 minutes of "we were ambushed and they didn't tell us"

finebaum: "it's hard for me to believe that greg sankey would have gone this far down the road without talking to sharp,

this is exactly what happened when aggy blew up the pac deal.  it didn't get as far as it did without aggy's president/chancellor/whoever signing off on it but as soon as the gomer fan base found out they'd be with a bunch of west coast *insert epithet here* they started blowing up about how badly mistreated they were. 

Edited by elfenix

4 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Based on their history the SEC changed their logo shortly before adding more teams. Here’s to hoping the addition of Texas and OU allows for a rebrand and the logo we have to put on the uniform is much better aesthetically.

What's wrong with the roundel? Except for the stupid bevels it's iconic and has a cool art deco vibe.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

image_2021-07-23_144732.thumb.png.70ffab3ef3bc66b4502b69a1a0545ad6.png

I haven't seen anyone make a new version of this yet on the Interwebs.  Lulz.