Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

Out of where? Big12 is dead conference walking...and they'll be damn lucky to find a p5 landing spot with the shit going on in football AND basketball. Not to mention BBall will never be the same status in a G5 conference.

Just now, ousux said:
1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Out of where? Big12 is dead conference walking...and they'll be damn lucky to find a p5 landing spot with the shit going on in football AND basketball. Not to mention BBall will never be the same status in a G5 conference.

To be fair though, Kansas' paying players issue isn't quite on par with the B1G's rapey issues and NIL just made it null and void.

8 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

This is "I tried SO HARD to save y'all!" CYA politics, because based on undergrad alma maters of everyone in the TxLege, the aggy & B12 members being left behind DO NOT HAVE THE VOTES, pure and simple.

There are more people in the TxLege that don't have a dog in this fight than those that do.

Edited by BachelorTrek
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Ricky Butler said:

I hope Baylor gets left out. Evil mega churches that can hide behind their private school status don't deserve to be in conferences with public institutions.

They can join the KCC - Kinda Christian Conference.

Schools in conference:

Baylor, TCU, SMU, Notre Dame, Boston College, Liberty, BYU, Tulsa, Villanova, Georgetown, and Loyola

Football and Basketball, check. Dirty boards, check. NCAA infractions, check. This could be the next big thing!

I find it funny that A&M is so concerned about losing to us. After the past 10 years, I'm not afraid of losing to anyone. I'm afraid of staying in the Big 12 and our administration, coaches, and support staff thinking they can coast because we recruit better than all of our opponents.

I’ve always rooted for UT to come into Dallas undefeated then, ideally, I give zero fucks after winning there.  
But I’ll admit this is because I’ve gotten spoiled.  Right now I want a strong UT but I guarantee at some point Texas will get a couple beatdowns in on OU and then I’ll be all ‘why did I ever root for anything good for these obnoxious pieces of shit?’

And all is right with the world. There is rational hate and disgust among rivals, then there is aggy-like insecurity. Two completely different things.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Ricky Butler said:

I find it funny that A&M is so concerned about losing to us. After the past 10 years, I'm not afraid of losing to anyone. I'm afraid of staying in the Big 12 and our administration, coaches, and support staff thinking they can coast because we recruit better than all of our opponents.

When you've lost to Kansas and Maryland, there's really no lower point than maybe losing to an FCS team. 

A friend of mine is an aggy undergrad and med school grad living in College Station. I recently had to educate her on the SMU cheerleader/saber incident. Apparently it's not commonly taught at the FISH indoctrination. 

Edited by Eggo

I feel like the sports reporters read this thread, then wait 5 minutes and tweet somethign said here.  Then someone here quotes that tweet and it becomes gospel.  It's logrolling genius.

These $9.99’s aren’t going to print themselves…

Baylor letting everyone know that they know they are fucked.

Dear Baylor Family:

As many of you are aware, news broke this week of an alleged change in the Big 12 Conference membership, linking the University of Texas and the University of Oklahoma with a possible move to the Southeastern Conference.

Since that time, we have heard many of you express concerns about the uncertainty of our conference and the potential impact on Baylor University a concern we share with you.

We understand the significance and urgency of this matter, as our conference membership impacts not only Baylor, but also the Waco community, the state of Texas and beyond. Conference affiliation has the power to greatly enhance our institution's academic and athletic national standing and visibility while also expanding academic and research opportunities available to faculty, students and our communities. For our state, it is critical to our economy and Texas' overall reputation to maintain five "Power Five" institutions, reinforcing the Lone Star State's athletic preeminence.

Rest assured, we, along with the Board of Regents, members of the Baylor delegation in the Texas Legislature and other Baylor leaders, are actively engaged in conversations with our Big 12 colleagues and others to ensure our University is in the strongest position possible now and into the future. 

In the midst of what promises to be a lot of angst and speculation, we will continue to focus on what we can control and support our student-athletes and staffs. And, as the landscape of college athletics continues to change, we maintain an unshakable belief in the strength and resiliency of Baylor and the Baylor brand.

Thank you for your enduring love of Baylor University and the vital role you play in helping Baylor carry out its Christian mission while competing academically and athletically at the highest levels.

Sincerely,

livingstone-signature
Linda A. Livingstone, Ph.D.
President

Mack Rhodes-signature
Mack B. Rhoades, IV
Vice President, Director for Intercollegiate Athletics

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

This is "I tried SO HARD to save y'all!" CYA politics, because based on undergrad alma maters of everyone in the TxLege, the aggy & B12 members being left behind DO NOT HAVE THE VOTES, pure and simple.

There are more people in the TxLege that don't have a dog in this fight than those that do.

I compiled it -- found out there are 3 TxLege members (and possibly a 4th because I couldn't find her education) who never went to college at all, which was surprising.  I think the reason for 1 of them not going to college was that 1 guy became a oilfield landman for his father when he was a teenager -- reminds me of a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader from a few years back who became a "landman" for her dad when she was a teenager, too.

2 minutes ago, Eggo said:

A friend of mine is an aggy undergrad and med school grad living in College Station. I recently had to educate her on the Tceh cheerleader/saber incident. Apparently it's not commonly taught at the FISH indoctrination. 

SMU

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

2b05d255692059c8135940dedc8f0bf4.jpg

“So now when y’all say ‘Fuck the SEC’, it will be masterbation….”

I don't know about anyone else, but I suspect most people are like I am and don't give two shits about conference loyalty.  I want to beat them all and their winning against others usually don't make a shit to me

2 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Baylor letting everyone know that they know they are fucked.

Dear Baylor Family:

As many of you are aware, news broke this week of an alleged change in the Big 12 Conference membership, linking the University of Texas and the University of Oklahoma with a possible move to the Southeastern Conference.

Since that time, we have heard many of you express concerns about the uncertainty of our conference and the potential impact on Baylor University a concern we share with you.

We understand the significance and urgency of this matter, as our conference membership impacts not only Baylor, but also the Waco community, the state of Texas and beyond. Conference affiliation has the power to greatly enhance our institution's academic and athletic national standing and visibility while also expanding academic and research opportunities available to faculty, students and our communities. For our state, it is critical to our economy and Texas' overall reputation to maintain five "Power Five" institutions, reinforcing the Lone Star State's athletic preeminence.

Rest assured, we, along with the Board of Regents, members of the Baylor delegation in the Texas Legislature and other Baylor leaders, are actively engaged in conversations with our Big 12 colleagues and others to ensure our University is in the strongest position possible now and into the future. 

In the midst of what promises to be a lot of angst and speculation, we will continue to focus on what we can control and support our student-athletes and staffs. And, as the landscape of college athletics continues to change, we maintain an unshakable belief in the strength and resiliency of Baylor and the Baylor brand.

Thank you for your enduring love of Baylor University and the vital role you play in helping Baylor carry out its Christian mission while competing academically and athletically at the highest levels.

Sincerely,

livingstone-signature
Linda A. Livingstone, Ph.D.
President

Mack Rhodes-signature
Mack B. Rhoades, IV
Vice President, Director for Intercollegiate Athletics

We Are Screwed GIFs | Tenor

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Their last game was a loss to Texas.  They should be concerned about losing to Texas.  First, they lost their only university in Texas to be in the SEC badge.  Then they lost to Texas in their new conference will be a great look for their program.  Will be like old times.     

Edited by Mdhorn

4 minutes ago, Eggo said:

A friend of mine is an aggy undergrad and med school grad living in College Station. I recently had to educate her on the Tceh cheerleader/saber incident. Apparently it's not commonly taught at the FISH indoctrination. 

tech?

9 minutes ago, Viper said:

After that's done he can work on legislation to slow down the adoption of the internal combustion engine to protect those cart and buggy business owners

Or to discourage murder, rape, and extreme hypocrisy within Texas collegiate athletic programs.

There is something about Baylor supporters in the Legislature involving themselves in how other programs operate that seems just a bit unwelcome. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

The death of Waco and Lubbock?

How will the state of Texas ever recover from those economic powerhouses fueling the state economy!  AND THE LOSS OF CULTURE! *

*Rape and STDs

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1