Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

LOL its amazing how long we have held together the band of little brothers for the last 85 years. So much so that apparently Lubbock and Waco will be sucked back into the earth because Texas can't come play them every other fall.  I say fuck'em and send them their own way.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

I looked up the alma maters of EVERYONE in the TxLege, and this is the breakdown by everyone affected by this:

38 angry members (aggy/ksu/tcu/ku/bu/tech)

43 Texas members

The rest 100 of 181 members DON'T CARE!

YOU LOSE!

While I agree it won't matter, I do think politicians from Lubbock, Waco and Ft. Worth will vote with the angry members even without the school ties.

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

In what world would they not have the votes? They’ve already got 30 out of 83 R’s on board, no reason that won’t climb to 60 or 70 on that side alone. Add in just 10-15 dems and that’s well over half of the 150 total.

They will….  Let’s just say it was close, have you ever heard of lobbyists and how thing actually get passed?  atm’s  bag men aren’t near as big as OU, UT and the SEC’s.  lol

Edited by Hook1997

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

They will….  Let’s just say it was close, have you ever heard lobbyists and how thing actually get passed?  ATM’s bag men aren’t near as big as OU, UT and the SEC’s.  lol

I bet a ton of those “Dont care” folks are from UH, SMU or other affiliations that actually DO care and side with Texas. 

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

In what world would they not have the votes? They’ve already got 30 out of 83 R’s on board, no reason that won’t climb to 60 or 70 on that side alone. Add in just 10-15 dems and that’s well over half of the 150 total.

hey arnold nicksplat GIF

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Maybe you should review this thing called a quorum.

Then check out the rules on what happens in a special session.

You don't have to get back to me.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

I looked up the alma maters of EVERYONE in the TxLege, and this is the breakdown by everyone affected by this:

38 angry members (aggy/ksu/tcu/ku/bu/tech)

43 Texas members

The rest 100 of 181 members DON'T CARE!

YOU LOSE!

I think all of the ones with no dog in the fight would break towards Leach’s side., like cth pointed out. Will also be easy to sell UT as the elitist woke higher ed institution trying to kill off the small & private schools, at which point the move is beyond dead with the legislature & the general public.

• Fuck You 9

18 minutes ago, Saint Austin said:

And we've got Power Wheels. Checkmate, bitches.

The Speaker is also Texas ‘98.  2/3 of who they’d need to move this through are Longhorns. 

It won’t be stopped legislatively. The Baylor and Tech grads in the Lege are gonna look like huge babies. They had 10 years and 5 sessions to pass this legislation to require Lege approval to join a new conference, but Daddy Texas kept their schools from being broke G5 castoffs for far too long. 

image.gif.76cd152acc73c5a8fb94dd064b06e7a1.gif

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

I think all of the ones with no dog in the fight would break towards Leach’s side., like cth pointed out. Will also be easy to sell UT as the elitist woke higher ed institution trying to kill off the small & private schools, at which point the move is beyond dead with the legislature & the general public.

Straws.gif.572d9bda2596e17c87d5e96bdeac5989.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Doubling down on stupid, huh?

Bold Strategy Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

1 minute ago, Fondren & Main said:

Who is this motherfucker?  I want to slap the shit out of him.

I dunno but his Twitter bio says he vows to take on federal overreach

theres not enough money in the whole state of West Virginia to sue Texas 

8 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Put down the fucking shovel already.

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I don't know anything about Mister Patrick here but, if he is a position of power in the state of West "by God" Virginny, or Best Virginia as their shirts now say, he should try to do something about drug deaths sweeping through poor sections of his state, as they are around poor white areas surrounding Pittsburgh as well.

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You’re being cute, but I agree with what the quoted poster wrote. Never said anything different. He should have already fired Kelly for women’s soccer, I guess, but that’s picking nits. 

It’s almost like you can support the AD and criticize him for foolish decisions at the same time…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You’re being cute, but I agree with what the quoted poster wrote. Never said anything different. He should have already fired Kelly for women’s soccer, I guess, but that’s picking nits. 

It’s almost like you can support the AD and criticize him for foolish decisions at the same time…

10 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Christ Almighty, this move is definitely gonna get more lokg winded posts out of RD. 

Didn’t you say an SEC move would never happen?

I said if the move happened, the academic side would have an issue. 

The move to the SEC is (would be?) a horrible cultural fit on many levels. To believe the UT faculty will collaborate with “colleagues” from redneck, land grant farm schools is a bit laughable. 

To think UT alumni will ever pledge loyalty and fealty to the S!E!C! is equally laughable. We aren’t “family” with them. We’re Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bevo Num1 said:
37 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Politicians need to stay the fuck out of this and worry about other more important shit.

No shit. It’s going to be hotter ‘n two rats fuckin’ in a wool sock this coming week. I don’t need no ercot bullshit going down again! 😠😡🤬

Edited by NTVTXN
And no CR!
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

To believe the UT faculty will collaborate with “colleagues” from redneck, land grant farm schools is a bit laughable. 

This is so freaking stupid.   Yes some SEC schools aren't exactly top 50 but to suggest that there isn't excellent research going on at many SEC schools is just freaking dumb.    And who says you are required to collaborate with your athletic conference colleagues at all?  I for one will be more than happy to collaborate with co-eds from all the SEC schools. 

Edited by midtown
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Moby Ric said:

Baylor letting everyone know that they know they are fucked.

Dear Baylor Family:

As many of you are aware, news broke this week of an alleged change in the Big 12 Conference membership, linking the University of Texas and the University of Oklahoma with a possible move to the Southeastern Conference.

Since that time, we have heard many of you express concerns about the uncertainty of our conference and the potential impact on Baylor University a concern we share with you.

We understand the significance and urgency of this matter, as our conference membership impacts not only Baylor, but also the Waco community, the state of Texas and beyond. Conference affiliation has the power to greatly enhance our institution's academic and athletic national standing and visibility while also expanding academic and research opportunities available to faculty, students and our communities. For our state, it is critical to our economy and Texas' overall reputation to maintain five "Power Five" institutions, reinforcing the Lone Star State's athletic preeminence.

Rest assured, we, along with the Board of Regents, members of the Baylor delegation in the Texas Legislature and other Baylor leaders, are actively engaged in conversations with our Big 12 colleagues and others to ensure our University is in the strongest position possible now and into the future. 

In the midst of what promises to be a lot of angst and speculation, we will continue to focus on what we can control and support our student-athletes and staffs. And, as the landscape of college athletics continues to change, we maintain an unshakable belief in the strength and resiliency of Baylor and the Baylor brand.

Thank you for your enduring love of Baylor University and the vital role you play in helping Baylor carry out its Christian mission while competing academically and athletically at the highest levels.

Sincerely,

livingstone-signature
Linda A. Livingstone, Ph.D.
President

Mack Rhodes-signature
Mack B. Rhoades, IV
Vice President, Director for Intercollegiate Athletics

‘The strongest possible position.’

The possibilities look like shit.  Damn shame.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

I said if the move happened, the academic side would have an issue. 

The move to the SEC is (would be?) a horrible cultural fit on many levels. To believe the UT faculty will collaborate with “colleagues” from redneck, land grant farm schools is a bit laughable. 

To think UT alumni will ever pledge loyalty and fealty to the S!E!C! is equally laughable. We aren’t “family” with them. We’re Texas. 

Everyone knows that won't happen. The academic side will be cordial and professional to the SEC, but go about business as usual. Similar to my comment as a fan & alum that I'm viewing us as independents who just happen to play the same teams year after year.

We're not going to lower our academic or research goals because of this arrangement. This is about growth. And Texas knows how to leverage those opportunities like few others can.

Edited by GhostOfTomJoad
  • Hook 'Em 1