Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

14 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Some rivalries will have to die which sucks but this seems to be the best breakdown.

A : Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Missouri 

B : Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida

C : LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss St

D : Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Scar

Losing LSU v Bama & Bama v Tenn would suck but I don’t see another option tbh

You are delusional if you think 4 of the top 7’schools in the league will be in the same pod. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

This is like when the group of women who have been bravely supporting one of their girls who left her man realize that bitch is crazy and all those stories she told about the man are bullshit and he's a pretty good guy.  

And they all line up to blow him.  

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Some rivalries will have to die which sucks but this seems to be the best breakdown.

There’s a whole thread on this out front….

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

You know that old adage about better to be quiet and thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt?

Yea that one hasn't made it's way to B/CS yet.

Remove Sankey?  Fucking really?  The guy who's knob has been slobbed in about every corner of sports and sports biz journalism in this country as being a business savant when so many other conference commissioners have shown themselves to be doofuses in the past 18 months? 

The SEC is gonna fire the guy who pulled off the biggest coup in conference realignment history?  Okie Dokie.  I’m not sure what I’m rooting for at this point.  Would it be better for aggy to step on their own dicks and leave?  Or would it be better for them to be forcibly removed for insurrection?

Just now, conVINCEd said:

The SEC is gonna fire the guy who pulled off the biggest coup in conference realignment history?  Okie Dokie.  I’m not sure what I’m rooting for at this point.  Would it be better for aggy to step on their own dicks and leave?  Or would it be better for them to be forcibly removed for insurrection?

The second. Oh my gosh the second. And it’s not even close. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Switch mizzou and Arky and I think this is it. No way the let Bama and Tennessee get lost in the shuffle,  I'm sure they're going to protect a rival from another pod. 

People keep saying this, and I certainly wouldn’t put it past LSU to make a bad coaching hire, but does nobody remember that Jimbo was garbage and about to get fired before he took the aggy job? It would certainly be hilarious in that it would screw the last bit of aggy momentum and simultaneously send LSU farther down the trash chute though.
Jimbo is full aggy now, perfect fit for them. Anyone also remember him jawing with FSU fans leaving the stadium after yet another loss? Lolz

59 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I had to log back in to say, if A&M actually attempts to fight the SEC on this it has the potential to be, by far, the greatest aggy joke of all time.  Do they seriously not have any fucking grown ups in the room?   Even if they could manufacture some kind of claim (which I can't fathom what it could be), what are their damages when they stand to net an additional 8 figures annually.  Pain and suffering for dealing with mean old UT?  This is truly too good to be true.  Sankey has probably already turned them into the NCAA just for calling the fucking meeting.   I can't fathom what the SEC media machine will unleash on these stupid fucks if they don't back down over the weekend.   Just truly incredible.

It's pretty goddamn short-sighted but it appears they've got people saying they're done donating if Texas gets in so maybe they think this will allow them to say to these morons that they tried everything they could -- and then made it 14-0 in favor of Texas-Oklahoma joining.

Sankey was elected to a 6 year term. The requirement was that a majority of the schools had to be in favor of him being commissioner. A majority of schools, at least, would have to be in favor of replacing him for him to lose the job.

This saga has cemented aggy's incredible stupidity in the minds of so many people, not just those in Texas and yoklehoma.

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

If you’re talking about us being Texas, I’ve been reading some random message boards and folks in the Big 10 and ACC wants Texas and OU badly.

Damn, hit send before I finished:  So others might know more than I do, but I think Texas and ou are gone no matter what.  We aren’t returning to the 12.  We are going somewhere but it ain’t the big 12. 

Well this is some next level sleuthing here. Can I subscribe to your newsletter?

• Haha 3

This thread moves too fast. I just skipped to the end.
I’ve been wanting Texas and OU to join the SEC for years. Not because of “SEC” but because the excitement around college football in the SEC is unmatched and I think a blue blood needs that energy to keep it sharp.
I’m not going to get too excited until it becomes official, because I’ve become accustomed to Texas football not being able to have nice things.
Let’s hope this move happens and it breathes some life into this sleeping giant.

There needs to be a night game on CBS every week once Texas/OU joins. Forget the 230 BS frame. Really flex on the others

3 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

That is nothing but Finebuam’s acknowledgement of something you can’t stop. He will need access to both schools, he ain’t about to shit on them.

He may look like a penis but he isn't stupid.  He also probably realizes he can shit on aggy because apparently nobody tells them anything anyway.