Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

37 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

This has been fantastic, even better that a lot of national media types are recognizing and commenting on the insanity.

The narrative has always been "big bad Texas".  Look I'm sure we like any other partner can be a pain in the ass at times.  If you are Nebraska yea you are pissed about partial qualifiers, if you are pissed about LHN so be it (though the narrative of that has been totally misshapen but whatevs) but by and large we put up with A LOT of bullshit from our supposed partners.  There's Baylor who has a coach trying to cover up shady money by pinning the tag of drug dealer on the dead player he had been paying and oh fucking Art Briles and institutional cover up of rape/sexual assault spearheaded by the guy who prosecuted Clinton for getting his cock wet.  You got Fatterson in Fort Worth trying to cover up drug rings all the while shitting on our heads in recruiting every chance he gets.  You got OSU doing bush league shit like putting up a bunch of yellow lines on a jumbotron. The 2008 coaches poll/BCS FUCKERY.  And don't even get me fucking started on the officiating over the last decade.  Bitch bitch bitch, big bad Texas.  And yet through all of that and even as our football team has routinely rolled around in its own shit our mantra has always been, we should be better than this, we demand to be better than this...let's fucking figure this out.  All the while working with our hated rival on the field to hold shit together for a lot fucking longer than we should to the benefit of a lot of others besides the two of us.  

We have our flaws, just like any other organization but we are not some evil empire.  As it turns out we are just surrounded by a bunch of fucking neurotic, petty, vindictive chihuahuas who don't ever shut the fuck up about how we are the root of all their problem.  Maybe just maybe the sports world is finally getting a more transparent glimpse.   

Our Tower inscription had prescient advice for SEC: "ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free"

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, BornAndRaised said:

been gone on and off all day, has this been posted previously? any other reports of this?

Yeah this dude is a fucking idiot who knows less than nothing. Somehow he got hired by barstool and he’s been an aggy shill the entire time. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, maninblack said:

I do for my own entertainment. It'd be a gift that doesn't stop giving. First thing I'd do is try to schedule them in the most public way possible non-conference.

It's honestly not worth debating because it's such a huge win/win. 

Oh I would LOVE for aggy to leave the SEC as we are coming in.  They would be purposely sabotaging their athletic department just to show the rest of America (who gives zero shits) how much they hate UT.  Do you understand how DUMB that is yet that is right on brand for Texas Agricultural & Mechanical University. 

• Hook 'Em 3

37 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

aggy is screwed after all this bitching....if they don't vote to let us in, it's 13-1, which makes them look so petty....but, if they do vote to let us in, it's 14-0, which makes them look petty for not voting us out....lose lose aggy...but, you are used to that.

My understanding is there can’t be a 13-1 vote because the conference bylaws say it has to be unanimous. Aggy could choose to abstain, like Vandy did when they were up for a vote. That would make it the perfect 13-0 vote that we could tattoo on that stupid dog’s ass that @Hefeweizen or somebody pointed out earlier today in maybe the best post of the entire thread. I think it won the internet for the year.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, justhookit said:

My understanding is there can’t be a 13-1 vote because the conference bylaws say it has to be unanimous. Aggy could choose to abstain, like Vandy did when they were up for a vote. That would make it the perfect 13-0 vote that we could tattoo on that stupid dog’s ass that @Hefeweizen or somebody pointed out earlier today in maybe the best post of the entire thread. I think it won the internet for the year.

I have never seen this written.  I have seen it written that it needs to be 10/11 votes. 

I will say this—neither Texas nor the SEC would never put itself in this position if they didn’t have the votes to join. Basically, if the votes were NOT there, we would have never heard about UT trying to join the SEC because it would have never gotten out.  

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, South Austin said:

Among other benefits of the move to the SEC, it's going to show aggy's ass on a national level.  From Bjork's media day quivering, to the lobbying of votes against the addition of Texas, to the threats of legislative and political action, it magnifies aggy's self-esteem issues when it comes to dealing with Texas, way more so than aggy's move to the SEC 10 years ago.

We get at least a couple more weeks of this.  I'm probably going to gain a few pounds drinking aggy's high-caloric tears.

You think this is going to stop in weeks?  Billy Luigi's last breath, years from now when we've beaten them 12 years in a row (heh), will be audibly bitching about this, hitting send on his twitter comment, and stroking out with a burnt orange embolism.

6 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Does not have to be unanimous, but 3/4 of the member schools have to approve.  This is according to Article 3 of the SEC Constitution and Bylaws.

aggy gonna aggy, but I don't see most of the rest of the SEC turning down an extra $30 million in annual revenue.  My guess is we are in by a 13-1 vote.

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I have never seen this written.  I have seen it written that it needs to be 10/11 votes. 

I will say this—neither Texas nor the SEC would never put itself in this position if they didn’t have the votes to join. Basically, if the votes were NOT there, we would have never heard about UT trying to join the SEC because it would have never gotten out.  

Try explaining that obvious fact to an aggy. Jesus Christ

14 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Oh I would LOVE for aggy to leave the SEC as we are coming in.  They would be purposely sabotaging their athletic department just to show the rest of America (who gives zero shits) how much they hate UT.  Do you understand how DUMB that is yet that is right on brand for Texas Agricultural & Mechanical University. 

I would love even more for them to try and move but get blocked from leaving by the other sec schools. They'd never recover from that in our lifetimes

5 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Aggy isn’t leaving the sec. the meeting is for bluster much like a chihuahua backed in to a corner will growl at a Pitt bull. They are stupid but not that stupid. All is right in the universe and

BEST. OFFSEASON. EVER.

They aren't - but in the past 48 hours they have certainly shown their ass to a degree that has surprised me. 

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

That came from a post way way unthread and from the OU side, but I tend to believe it because you never want a new conference member joining if there is apparent “opposition”. There are apparently 2 separate votes - one to consider the UT or OU application which then triggers a “background” check. And then a vote to actually let you in. That’s the one that has to be unanimaous, or I might be talking out of my ass. If that’s correct then that is the one that makes the gif upthread so funny because the sec would literally kick aggy to the curb.

17 minutes ago, orangebird said:

Does not have to be unanimous, but 3/4 of the member schools have to approve.  This is according to Article 3 of the SEC Constitution and Bylaws.

aggy gonna aggy, but I don't see most of the rest of the SEC turning down an extra $30 million in annual revenue.  My guess is we are in by a 13-1 vote.

Going off an OU source so whatever, but 3/4 have to approve to basically vet the school. When it comes time to vote them in it’s unanimous, or in aggy’ s case vandy abstains.

It doesn't matter if we lose every remaining big 12 game. We just say we didn't want to be there. 
Works for every SEC team that tanks their bowl game, so why not.

On second thought, fuck that...mudhole the lot, no eternal scoreboard for scrubs.

Oh I would LOVE for aggy to leave the SEC as we are coming in.  They would be purposely sabotaging their athletic department just to show the rest of America (who gives zero shits) how much they hate UT.  Do you understand how DUMB that is yet that is right on brand for Texas Agricultural & Maintenance University. 

Fify

4 minutes ago, justhookit said:

You are young and don’t know aggy very well. Nothing is surprising.

I don't know. Entirely possible that's part of it. I feel like I've seen plenty of people chime in that this is a new low for them. Of course that may or may not be true.