Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

If the sips and sooners do move to the SEC, it will severely impact Waco, Ft Worth and Lubbock. Where are the Texas Legislators who represent those regions? Where the hell is Abbott protecting those regions?

This seals the deal on me for Abbott, will vote for his opponent.  

First and more importantly, he pays lip service and talks big about the border crisis, but in reality doesn't do **** to stop it. A frickin' Gov w/ gonads would have sent the Guard down there and stopped it, and told the Feds to pound sand or stop him. NO courage. Or, just another sell out to Chamber of Commerce and Globalism.

And this, he, a tu Alum, is hanging all those Texas cities out to dry, not trying to defend them. Think of the economic impact for the small citizen who depend on fall sports in Waco, Ft Worth and Lubbock when this goes down.

DONE WITH GREG ABBOTT. He doesn't give a rat's ass about you

Yes, you need to tell UT they are handcuffed to the Big 12 and cannot do what’s in the best interest of our university because Nothing Bundt Cakes in Waco, FW, and Lubbock might not get as much business in October as they do in March.  These people are idiots. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

There have been many questions about the timing of this move. It makes total sense. You have to be ahead of the impact of major changes: expanded playoffs, NIL, SEC recruiting momentum, new TV contracts, and the 2022 Texas Governor’s race. The timing is impeccable. 

Yeah, outside of the governor’s race, it’s like it was planned carefully. Hartzell and Eltife crushed this. 

• Hook 'Em 3

This has all been fun, I mean A LOT of fun.  This could all fall through and it still would have been worth it.  

But what should terrify all of you all is that the vast majority of aggy are citizens of this state.  We have to clothe them, we have to feed them, we have to give them jobs, we have to allow them to vote.  And at the rate they are admitting every UT reject and anybody else with a pulse these days boosting their enrollment to 70K they are gonna outnumber us and the @Brisketexan evangelizing about the exponential growth of stupid is only going to accelerate.

Shivers....

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

25 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Lol Independent???????? There’s only a small handful of schools in the country that could pull that off and aggy isn’t one of them. Them leaving after we join would be utter recruiting suicide. This already neutralizes their recruiting and gives us a huge bump.

They could play three games a year against the real military schools and feel good about themselves.  

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

We don’t need to give 18 month notice. Lst me rephrase. We are not going to be forced to wait 18 months. 

Yeah, I don’t know why people keep repeating this.  We will be in the SEC starting August 1, 2022.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SimkinsMan said:

This thread deserves the "comeback player of the year" award.

For years, and years, and years, it was nothing but dogshit.

And now, possibly the greatest thread ever. Securing the financial future of Texas football, putting us at the apex of the competitive landscape, and completely fucking aggy over and exposing their insecurities to the entire college football world? All in one thread? Fantastic.

Gascamp Award nominee?

7 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

There have been many questions about the timing of this move. It makes total sense. You have to be ahead of the impact of major changes: expanded playoffs, NIL, SEC recruiting momentum, new TV contracts, and the 2022 Texas Governor’s race. The timing is impeccable. 

Oh, my God--Rick Perry's coming back? Governor-for-life Rick Perry's coming back?

7 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

There's a huge difference between Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee vs Tech, TCU, etc. Half of the SEC are (or think they are... cough, aggy, cough) Texas' equals. OU is our only peer in the Big 12. There's no power imbalance like the Big 12 or even the SWC. 

And before the ISU and TCU fans jump in, this isn't about wins and losses. Despite a crappy decade, Texas is still a massive draw for viewers. OU has won the conference 6 years in a row and yet Texas is still the top draw and the perception is that Texas is calling the shots.

Actually, it’s our ball.

This seals the deal on me for Abbott, will vote for his opponent.  

First and more importantly, he pays lip service and talks big about the border crisis, but in reality doesn't do **** to stop it. A frickin' Gov w/ gonads would have sent the Guard down there and stopped it, and told the Feds to pound sand or stop him. NO courage. Or, just another sell out to Chamber of Commerce and Globalism.

And this, he, a tu Alum, is hanging all those Texas cities out to dry, not trying to defend them. Think of the economic impact for the small citizen who depend on fall sports in Waco, Ft Worth and Lubbock when this goes down.

DONE WITH GREG ABBOTT. He doesn't give a rat's ass about you

There are so many fun cognitive circles this whole mess forces aggy to run in.

If Texas joins and wins something, does aggy cheer for the sec victory?

If the sec left aggy out of the loop, are they still the best brotherhood in college sports?

And now, if Abbott doesn't block the move, but the only candidate to run against him is a Beto O'Rourke-like candidate...does aggy actually hate Abbott and tu enough to vote against him? (no cr)
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

secrant is typically 9-10 posts per page so this ran out to 10 pages overnight, from 30 minutes ago....

"Will A&M print cups with their Mac schedule on it?"

From the same thread.    

A&M will explore all its options. Stay in SEC, move to B1G, etc ... The school administration will do what is best for A&M.

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

The Big 10 won’t touch these idiots….

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

This has all been fun, I mean A LOT of fun.  This could all fall through and it still would have been worth it.  

But what should terrify all of you all is that the vast majority of aggy are citizens of this state.  We have to clothe them, we have to feed them, we have to give them jobs, we have to allow them to vote.  And at the rate they are admitting every UT reject and anybody else with a pulse these days boosting their enrollment to 70K they are gonna outnumber us and the @Brisketexan evangelizing about the exponential growth of stupid is only going to accelerate.

Shivers....

Well, the world needs ditch diggers…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe it was already explained, but if that's the case, why wouldn't aggy just vote "no" to kill it? Obviously not an option, otherwise even aggy would know they could kill it with one "no" vote and wouldn't be tripping over their own dicks like they are. Maybe I just haven't had enough coffee yet, but...Does. Not. Compute.
He's saying even aggy isn't stupid enough to be the lone desenter. They'll either ultimately vote with everyone else, or abstain in the most petulant manner possible.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Is anyone else surprised at this reaction? I’ve thought about realignment a lot and I never really thought of them being so mad they would make such a public spectacle about this. I thought it would more bitter fan resentment and not a total, University wide meltdown. 

it sounds like you have underestimated the limitless depths of aggy’s stupidity and insecurity. 

13 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Yes, you need to tell UT they are handcuffed to the Big 12 and cannot do what’s in the best interest of our university because Nothing Bundt Cakes in Waco, FW, and Lubbock might not get as much business in October as they do in March.  These people are idiots. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5465236 

Funny is Texas leaving Big 12 according to this idiot aggy destroys all these small Texas towns but apparently when A&M left nothing happened.
I think it's in the recruiting thread, luicci's long ridiculous tantrum/rant is posted, and it basically amounts to "I wouldn't be sure this happens because unlike when aggy left, tu leaving will have a massive impact on the state and politicians won't allow it."

No hint of irony, obviously.
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TeeDubya said:

Aggie is going to have to squeeze hard to save face.....

squeeze.gif

I’ve seen this gif posted here hundreds of times but I still have no idea what is happening. Why the fuck are they grabbing their nuts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SimkinsMan said:

This thread deserves the "comeback player of the year" award.

For years, and years, and years, it was nothing but dogshit.

And now, possibly the greatest thread ever. Securing the financial future of Texas football, putting us at the apex of the competitive landscape, and completely fucking aggy over and exposing their insecurities to the entire college football world? All in one thread? Fantastic.

The Gaskamp Award of threads. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Back when it was an all male school, this little tradition developed where the fans/students squeeze their nuts to feel the same pain the team is feeling by playing hard.  As with all things aggy, it’s weird because it started when they were basically a giant frat for wayward youth but they treat their traditions as dogma. 
Yes this is a serious post. 

Seriously? This can’t actually be true, can it? They are so fucking weird. 

I’ve personally got nothing against RD, he’s clearly a passionate individual about certain (one) subject(s). But do you guys really want to engage him? He can write volumes/two day head start/dozen languages/blend in etc. before you can even respond. 
Now that aggy can no longer duck and hide, RD will be a valuable tool in educating any SEC yokels who may have been indoctrinated in aggy revisionist history..it will be epic.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, heso said:

I’ve seen this gif posted here hundreds of times but I still have no idea what is happening. Why the fuck are they grabbing their nuts?

It’s a tradition. They squeeze their balls so they share the pain of the fighting Texas aggies on the field. Yes, I’m being serious. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1