Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

1 minute ago, TotallyLegit said:

Are Polar the best? I want to eat more sardines since they're low in mercury and high in essential fatty acids, but I don't love the taste.

For the price, they're totally legit. Smoked, no fishy flavor. A solid choice.

• Hook 'Em 1

A&M barely choked games away in 2011. If we had had the Heisman quarterback performance in 2011 that we had in 2012, we would have likely gone 11-1….and gotten snubbed for Alabama and LSU just like Oklahoma State did.

Yet one QB is succeeding in the NFL, the other is not.

So it was not a talent issue. At least at that position. Actually I think your defense stepped up.

Just now, ousux said:
3 hours ago, utee94 said:
I know it's a popular jape to mock the ags with this, but the 2011 team was 6-6 (4-5 vs. B12) in the regular season.  They weren't going to miraculously dominate the B12 and challenge for the national championship the next year.  The B12 was accustomed to offenses like theirs and the SEC was unprepared for it.

Johnny 8 ball wasn't their QB in 2011, and Mike Evans hadn't arrived on campus yet iirc. You're right they likely don't have a much better record in the Big12 if they stay, still fun to poke them about it.

Agree.  I just like watching football, and Manziel was fun to watch, regardless of affiliation.

But that offense was unique and confounding to the SEC, and it was still just run of the mill in the B12.  Not saying they would have lost 5 B12 games in 2012 like they did in 2011, but they certainly wouldn't have baffled and confused the B12 they way they did the sadly anachronistic SEC at the time.  I mean, Saban clearly recognized the deficiencies in both their defensive and offensive approaches that season, and adapted to attempt to counter it going forward.

2 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

ISU is the right choice, (one right choice) for the Big 10.  Good team with a good coach.  And the Iowa/ISU rivalry is better than ever.  

They have a good coach but you’re not trying to grab the coach you want the program.  That being said is the B1G willing to drop their aau requirement?

One of the best videos of all time.  Bitch would not be denied.

It really is an all time fave. I love her attitude, her can-do, never-say-die spirit. An ornery, pretty good looking middle aged gal, full of piss and vinegar?

How YOU doin?

I came here looking for updates, for some reason found an idiot from Nebraska, then read this post and thought: Holy shit, I have a tin of smoked oysters in the cupboard, some crackers, and a bottle of crystal, plus I’m kinda drunk..

Something good has come of all this madness. Realignment is already working out. 

You are most welcome. The simplest pleasures are often the best.

Have never seen this. Where the hell have I been? This is amazing. I am now fully on board with joining the SEC.

This is the kind of energy we need in college sports, no doubt.

This.  Remember all the times our ethical and trustworthy “partners” demanded B12 refs be held accountable for biased game calling like in that 2015 OSU game (or any of the numerous other shit called games throughout the years)?    Yea, me neither.  Just crickets and mocking.    Bite the hand that feeds you and such.  Fuck them. 

A whole lot of this. “You suck! You’re a dick and we hate you! When you get treated like shit, we laugh and cheer! What….you’re leaving? Wait…YOU CAN’T GO! WE NEED YOU!”

Fuck off, you annoying, ungrateful, inconsequential bitches.

Are Polar the best? I want to eat more sardines since they're low in mercury and high in essential fatty acids, but I don't love the taste.

I’m a HUGE fan of these - add extra Crystal for excellence:

0dd5324c7a163dbe017fc8200f8b8ee2.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Ok St needs to lobby for whichever division corn is in so they can beat that ass regularly.

Can't recall which B10 division that is?  Monsanto, Pork, Rust, Deere?

I think it's the institutionally sanctioned rape division. 

38 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

would be a smooth landing for them

That would be awesome.  I'd be all for the 'pokes landing a prime gig.  Any conference team, really, except Baylor.  Burn in hell, you cat-skinning, teammate-murdering, coed-raping worthless collection of shitbags.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That would be awesome.  I'd be all for the 'pokes landing a prime gig.  Any conference team, really, except Baylor.  Burn in hell, you cat-skinning, teammate-murdering, coed-raping worthless collection of shitbags.

I read this in the voice of your avatar and it was 100% funnier. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Yes and I think that's the right call. Iowa state had one good year in football but the rest of their resume is poo cheese

Iowa probably pulling an aggy.  ISU is AAU.

OSU landing in the big 10 would be huge for them.  the likely annual bedlam game would be good for Big10, OSU has wrestling, baseball and decent basketball.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I believe that is the other side of the bracket from corn aggy.

My bad. Corn aggy must be on the outdated-forms-of-instituitional-cheating side. Also known as the fast-track-to-irrelevancy division. 

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

You and troph are right. I'm warming up to this move. The schedule will be exciting.

As a parting gift for the other Big 12 teams, I'd promise them all a game at DKR-Memorial over the next 10 years. It will be a good payday for them and would add a little drama to the game. Maybe not K-State for obvious reasons but everybody else.

We'll likely be scheduling TCU and Tech as non conference games in Texas. Fuck Baylor, they should have been shut down after the Briles scandal revealed their culture of allowing rape and punishing the victims. 

Yeah, you’re just now warming up to this move and the better schedule it’ll bring. Yet, like many here, you were likely berating the SEC for being overrated as recently as 4 days ago. You’re a sharp one.

The 180 change in narrative around here is peculiarly self-serving (and expected).

Still, it’s nice of you to throw a bone to all those teams you’ve been struggling with in recent years.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 72

3 hours ago, troph said:

Except they really aren’t. Or they are a neutered pinching scorpion with no venom. They are a mild annoyance at best and everyone knows they are a dumb as a sack of rocks.

it's a fucking fable, not a metaphor, you queefbreathing shitball.

• Haha 3

Yeah, you’re just now warming up to this move and the better schedule it’ll bring. Yet, like many here, you were likely berating the SEC for being overrated as recently as 4 days ago. You’re a sharp one.
The 180 change in narrative around here is peculiarly self-serving (and expected).
Still, it’s nice of you to throw a bone to all those teams you’ve been struggling with in recent years.
Just because we're going there doesn't mean it's no longer overrated, but perception is reality for the majority of sheep who simply eat what the media feeds them without looking at the ingredients. If the perception is the SEC is the be all, end all of CFB then we should be part of it.

SEC was always top heavy, now it just becomes a bit moreso..like going from D to DD.
  • Hook 'Em 8

6 minutes ago, Jerry said:

It is possible to think a conference is overrated and also think it's the right move to switch to that conference. Those ideas aren't mutually exclusive, you fucking fool.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Many would say Texas has been overrated for quite some time. Yet, still  the most desirable university in the state.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, South Austin said:

I’ve never interacted with them either. But I’m here to tell you that the 30A SEC milf game is quite strong. At least in the Rosemary Beach area.

Not so fast, that stretch from Santa Rosa to sunnyside is littered full of Texas Mifls throughout the year.

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Live look at Baylor and TCU so far:

giphy.gif

I don't know how many times I need to say that they're most likely coming to the American but... they're most likely coming to the American. This isn't difficult.

Instead of being P5 they'll be P5ed with an asterisk. I would actually be shocked if TCU hasn't penned to paper with the AAC yet. It makes too much sense.  

12 minutes ago, Jerry said:

jerry gergich pie GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Guys, the aggies knew this all along. The SEC is smart. The SEC doesn’t care about regular aggies but they are smart enough to understand their members audience. All the higher ups at Aggie knew but the SEC is allowing them to act upset so the fanbase rallies support. The big wigs at A@M don’t give a shit about the mouth breathers, they care about money. The SEC knows they can’t block the vote, so give them some room to bitch, no one cares. The aggies save face, the SEC gets what they want. 

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I don't know how many times I need to say that they're most likely coming to the American but... they're most likely coming to the American. This isn't difficult.

Instead of being P5 they'll be P5ed with an asterisk. I would actually be shocked if TCU hasn't penned to paper with the AAC yet. It makes too much sense.  

Oh no, I agree 100% and that’s probably best for their athletic departments.  I have a friend who really thinks both Baylor and TCU are going to the ACC, and I keep replying to him with “don’t be stupid.  they are going to the American and they will learn to like it.”

Tech on the other hand?  Man, I’m worried about tech.  I figured they would have a P12 invite like on Thursday.  I also think other conferences are waiting to see if UT and OU are really heading to the SEC and are waiting for the official announcement.  

There will be no work productivity next week anywhere in the United States. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Oh no, I agree 100% and that’s probably best for their athletic departments.  I have a friend who really thinks both Baylor and TCU are going to the ACC, and I keep replying to him with “don’t be stupid.  they are going to the American and they will learn to like it.”

Tech on the other hand?  Man, I’m worried about tech.  I figured they would have a P12 invite like on Thursday.  I also think other conferences are waiting to see if UT and OU are really heading to the SEC and are waiting for the official announcement.  

There will be no work productivity next week anywhere in the United States. 

You're good. Memes are fun. I just can't tell sometimes what posters actually believe or not. 

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

E7B0UbLXsAsah7Q?format=jpg&name=large

Oh God I'm so close... more baby, more just like this...

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Man if OU leaves and we stay fuck everything. 

Dude, you know better than that. Legislature moves are dead. And we're going to the SEC.

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Imagine being this way. 

I grew up with these fucks. I don't have to imagine.

Listen. I got a scholarship offer to attend A&M that would've covered all tuition, books and fees. You know what I did when I received it? I laughed at it and tore it up.

At no point did I ever consider going there. Because I'm not fucked up like this.

3 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Running Colt there was monumentally stupid. Almost as stupid was calling the Simms pass vs Colorado in the conference championship game when Ced was gashing them for like 7 ypc. They get the pick and Ced runs into Leonard Davis trying to reverse field and tackle the ball carrier and puts them both out of the game. 

With that OL we had and Bama's DL, Colt was going to get his ass kicked one way or the other. He'd already been knocked silly by NU a few weeks before. Our OL was well-coached, but McWhorter was a shit recruiter. What happened to Colt was going to happen in that game; it was just a matter of when, not if.

3 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

200.gif

Most accurate description of that twat. Tx legislature options are off the table for reasons that should be obvious for anyone who has a neuron firing. 

3 hours ago, T-shirt Sip said:

The last 3 days has proven without a shadow of a doubt which of the 2 schools was afraid to play the other. 

AND WE MUST NEVER LET THEM FORGET IT.

2 hours ago, Cornfusion said:

Says the guys who hope to ride Oklahoma's coattails into the SEC.  Do you think if it were an Oklahoma / Oklahoma State offer it would be a deal breaker to the SEC?...

...me neither.

OMG, this is 0.7 aggys worth of delusion.

Dude, the SEC has wanted us since 1990. This was a perfect chess play by the SEC to get us to want to join them without them needing to ask. They've been playing the long game. NIL was the final nail in the coffin, since it made all of the "cheating" that was our main (and sole) objection a non-issue.

also my corn is better than your corn. fuck off

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I threw this little chart together for you, I'm sorry it's not particularly sexy.  Blue = Big 12, Red = Big 10.

You were saying?

image.png.ce21f3bf91e5231c281151969daafac3.png

685e36f0-610b-4fc1-bfe0-9dfac4a4cb13_tex

1 hour ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Baylor BOR meeting: “Nobody wants us. Can we just force ourselves upon a conference?”

I hope every other school in the NCAA is joining me in hoping that Baylor is fucked harder than a BU co-ed that made a wrong turn into the football dorm by this turn of events.

It would only be appropriate.

1 hour ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

would be a smooth landing for them

Yeah, I kinda feel good for certain Surly posters here about this, but I have personal issues with a certain Mr. Pickens that makes me...

55 minutes ago, Gidnik said:

....BWAHAHHAHAHAHA FUCK YOU OKIE LITE

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2