Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

This was the obvious conclusion everyone came to the second the news broke. I can't conceivable come up with any other way to break it up, other than something stupid like swapping Mizzou and Kentucky. 

You would think, but media speculation and a huge chunk of the discussion in this thread would suggest otherwise. Pods make no sense, imo, when two divisions is so clean.

Edited by Voluminous Banality

4 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Will somebody please think of the children!?!?!?

8D17FDCD-CAE1-48D1-BED4-944DF77DE5A8.jpeg

They didn’t seem to give a flying fuck what happened to Baylor or Tech when they bolted.  Or when the SWC broke up and in-state schools like TCU, SMU, UH and Rice got relegated to G5 conferences 

• Like 1

8D17FDCD-CAE1-48D1-BED4-944DF77DE5A8.thumb.jpeg.9ee0dc5605b7fa3ce1b57d393b7e3c6f.jpeg

Like, how is this even a reasonable argument? The university of Texas isn’t moving to the SEC. it just changes who their athletic teams play.

What conference they’re in does NOT affect higher education. Only a very small % of student actually play sports. Jesus.

8D17FDCD-CAE1-48D1-BED4-944DF77DE5A8.thumb.jpeg.9ee0dc5605b7fa3ce1b57d393b7e3c6f.jpeg
Since aggy is so incredibly concerned with the welfare of tech and Baylor, and also so angry with the sec, there seems to be a very easy answer to all of this.

With one move, they can be saviors of the poor remaining big 12 schools and also show the sec they don't like how they've been treated.

It's what they would really do, if this wasn't all just self-serving empty posturing.

20 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

8D17FDCD-CAE1-48D1-BED4-944DF77DE5A8.jpeg

Dear Farmer,

Please clarify your stance.  Are you or are you not big brother?  If you are how is it that when you left it impacted no one yet when Texas leaves it somehow will impact the entire state/world?  Which is it?   It can't be both.  

Lastly, we the legislature have already set the precedent.  We let one state university go to the SEC and it would only be fair to do the same for Texas.  We would be hypocrites and have no legal basis to try and negate The Flagship of the very freedoms afforded to you.

Greg Abbott | Governor of the State of Texas | Hook'Em Bitch!

Edited by RollLeft
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

I think I’m going to check out until fall camp starts. I can’t read anymore of you pussies nutting your jeans over any A&M related subject. This place is going to be over the top corny when we play those scrubs next season.

paulie.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

I think I’m going to check out until fall camp starts. I can’t read anymore of you pussies nutting your jeans over any A&M related subject. This place is going to be over the top corny when we play those scrubs next season.

So...see you tomorrow on the 9.95 thread?

I bet SEC makes our permanent cross division Tennessee for the UT vs UT aspect. 
As long as it isn't miss state or aggy (assuming they aren't in our pod or whatever) I'm good with anyone they stick us with. Sure Bama would be a tough draw, but Saban ain't coaching until he's 80, and he's running out of high profile coordinators who would willingly follow a legend.

yeah, i'll admit...on my list of preferred conf realignment options this^ was actually at the top.
i understand all the logical reasons the SEC is the better option, and mainlining aggy schaudenfraude the past 4 days certainly makes it easier (and perhaps worth it lol)...but in general i would have preferred the above. if the PAC actually cared about football (outside of maybe what 2, 3 teams??) maybe it would have happened 

I think injecting UT and blowU into the PAC could have likely revived a lot of the care they used to have, but the geography thing still sucks ass..especially for non revenue sports.

Maybe I dreamed this, because I can’t find any link to it, but I recall a&m only receiving a partial share their first year or so in the SEC.

If this was the case, and OU/Tex both negotiate to receive full shares their first year that would be glorious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

Stanford and to some extent Cal are the only two insufferable Pac members worried about culture.  Stanford just as likely to drop D1 football as they are to go along with anything.

Cal’s current leadership has been very pro athletics… their issue is costs as they have something absurd like 31 varsity sports or something stupid like that.  On top of that they still owe a couple hundred on their stadium retrofit… so I suspect Cal will chase the money and the Big 14 would likely want them for academic branding and history if little else.  Internationally, Cal’s brand is massive but will college athletics ever expand past US borders?  The PAC dicked around a bit in Asia and Australia but it didn’t amount to much

Edited by Zhorn96

1 minute ago, kopp0e said:

A good landing spot for Oklahoma State & Texas Tech, as well as probably TCU...
Here's the smoke from one of the OU guys with ears to the concrete I'd gather:

opps.png

Tech academics are an issue for the PAC but they have interest in UH?

• Haha 3

On 7/21/2021 at 8:24 PM, Bookman said:

Is that a comma or a period at the end?

It's jizz

36 minutes ago, Js1 said:

They didn’t seem to give a flying fuck what happened to Baylor or Tech when they bolted.  Or when the SWC broke up and in-state schools like TCU, SMU, UH and Rice got relegated to G5 conferences 

They DGAF about anything other than them losing their "only SEC school in Texas" advantage in recruiting.

They keep talking about UT destroying two conferences when it doesn't take too big of a leap to state the aggy's had more to do with killing both the SWC and Big 12 than Texas did. Apparently, we wronged them six ways to Sunday in both conferences but I can't really locate what they'd be talking about unless you talk about Rogering them in football nearly 75% of the time over the years. They were given the opportunity to be involved in a joint Horn/Aggie TV channel, the Aggies are the ones who led the conference payout disparity once the Huskers and Colorado left (meanwhile, they were talking to the SEC the entire time).

• Hook 'Em 1

Im so tired of reading posts from people that are sad about texas/ou leaving the other schools in the big 12 out of the discussion/move

FUCK THEM SCHOOLS

Fuck TCU, Fuck Baylor, Fuck Tech.  Theyve lived off mommy and daddys money for far too fucking long and the big 12 has shown zero respect for the money making machine that is Texas.  We along with OU kept that dying conference alive for an extra 10 years and got 0 respect for it.  You can miss me with the poor tech/baylor/tcu bullshit.  Fuck those mother fuckers.  Time for them to get out of mommy and daddys house and get a real job.

Good luck you fucking losers.

Edited by DiceHands
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DiceHands said:

Im so tired of reading people sad about leaving the other schools in the big 12 out.

FUCK THEM SCHOOLS

Fuck TCU, Fuck Baylor, Fuck Tech.  Theyve lived off mommy and daddys money for far too fucking long and the big 12 has shown zero respect for the money making machine that is Texas.  We along with OU kept that dying conference alive for an extra 10 years and got 0 respect for it.  You can miss me with the poor tech/baylor/tcu bullshit.  Fuck those mother fuckers.  Time for them to get out of mommy and daddys house and get a real job.

Good luck you fucking losers.

tenor.gif

I feel only a little bad for Texas Tech because of the number of friends and family members who went there. I like Fort Worth and TCU just fine but whatever, they were really, really fortunate to be included in the Big 12 2.0 thanks to Deloss. Baylor can go fuck itself. I hope that program rots.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

Just now, C-Man said:

tenor.gif

I feel only a little bad for Texas Tech because of the number of friends and family members who went there. I like Fort Worth and TCU just fine but whatever, they were really, really fortunate to be included in the Big 12 2.0 thanks to Deloss. Baylor can go fuck itself. I hope that program rots.

I'm out of rep to upvote this today, but if I could I would.  100% this.

I feel bad for Tech, Okie State, and TCU.  I won't lose any sleep over Baylor.

The East is largely mediocre, especially from UGA's perspective.  Florida is hit or miss and the rest of that side is trash.  They play Barn every year and occasionally draw Bama or LSU.  Really not that hard of a schedule.

Kentucky is on an upgrade swing, snd the Vols are a recruiting genius coach away from utilizing their facilities to become more of a force again.

Adding y’all hit the reset button for the entire conference. It’s gonna be a fun ride.

1 minute ago, DiceHands said:

Why?  Fuck those schools.  Esp Okie Lite.  Fuck all of those people. They want to talk shit about us, horns down, say we are arrogant, this and that all the fucking time.  They act like they can do it on their own.  Well then, time to put up or shut up.  

The big 12 has treated us like fucking garbage for the past 10 years.  This is what they get when they dont recognize what we did for that conference and those schools.  Time for them to learn the hard way.

Adios you fucks

Eh, mainly due to family and friend connections.  But yeah, I feel you.

2 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

At this point the FCS needs to move permanently to the Spring. They had a good season there this year and would help bridge the gap in lost revenue if they were the only football on TV. 

And what happens to the non-Super-Conference half of the FBS?  They're about to be worth not much more than the FCS schools.  Who's gonna watch Tulsa/South Florida now?

43 minutes ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:
I bet SEC makes our permanent cross division Tennessee for the UT vs UT aspect. 

As long as it isn't miss state or aggy (assuming they aren't in our pod or whatever) I'm good with anyone they stick us with. Sure Bama would be a tough draw, but Saban ain't coaching until he's 80, and he's running out of high profile coordinators who would willingly follow a legend.

oh no - i want aggy as our out-of-pod crossover.  every.  fucking.  year.

now that we get to weaponize on the reservation, they need to feel the force.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Tech academics are an issue for the PAC but they have interest in UH?

Well, remember it is the same surfin' goofs that bungled getting OU & UT when both were willing to talk, meh... Be happy with Tech, Stanford... 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hagbard Celine said:

yes, texas is the only blueblood that would ditch it's conference

LOL, we will in a second if we need too. Just waiting for the ACC to get raided in the next few years after the GOR ticks down.