Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Maybe unpopular, but the majority of the Longhorns on SECRant talking shit are almost as cringeworthy as reading texags. They are not good at it and just comes across as lame.

But I also never really understood signing up for a non Texas or even conference type message board. If you are gonna do it, at least do it as a troll.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, DCLonghorn said:

Ha. We made it to the super regionals this year.

So is it your contention that UT softball is historically an NCAA power, like say volleyball or women's swimming & diving or track & field?  (Purposefully ignoring women's basketball.)

16 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Maybe unpopular, but the majority of the Longhorns on SECRant talking shit are almost as cringeworthy as reading texags. They are not good at it and just comes across as lame.

But I also never really understood signing up for a non Texas or even conference type message board. If you are gonna do it, at least do it as a troll.

Someone who deliberatly pisses people off online to get a reaction

* See Monahans and @MoJames

31 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Half of them are non Texas fan/ trolls.  One of them kept saying aggies.  

Edited by westexhorn

18 hours ago, Jerry said:

Yeah, you’re just now warming up to this move and the better schedule it’ll bring. Yet, like many here, you were likely berating the SEC for being overrated as recently as 4 days ago. You’re a sharp one.

The 180 change in narrative around here is peculiarly self-serving (and expected).

Still, it’s nice of you to throw a bone to all those teams you’ve been struggling with in recent years.

what a whiny, jackhole. 

Half of them are non Texas fan/ trolls.  One of them kept saying aggies.  

One of the lamer ones I saw was the guy talking about how we only have a losing record to Vanderbilt and South Carolina. Well yeah, but broadcasting in that way to show our winning records just looks awfully aggy. I don’t know the players and trolls over there.

jesus christ... I went out at 1p yesterday, drank for like 8 straight hours...  called it a night, woke up around 10   and the thread had increased something like 20 pages in that timeframe.  and it took on another 10 or so while I tried to catch up....

the GOLL aggy misery OD is off the fucking charts.   I love that almost all the other schools really came to realize that most of what we told them re: Aggy really are true.

The only thing better would be that they overreacted so badly to this news that the rest of the SEC tell them their attitude sucks and if its not adjusted shortly, they are going to lose their only identity at all "being part of the SEC"

2 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

One of the lamer ones I saw was the guy talking about how we only have a losing record to Vanderbilt and South Carolina. Well yeah, but broadcasting in that way to show our winning records just looks awfully aggy. I don’t know the players and trolls over there.

Yup that one wasn't fooling anyone

For the younglings who were not around or too young to remember 1990 ... Arkansas' last appearance at DKR. The Show band of the Southwest expressed their view on Arkansas jumping ship to the SEC pretty damned well ...

That wasn’t their last appearance. I know this because we lost to them on my birthday in 2003. The tickets were a gift and it was hot and miserable. And we fucking lost. It sucked so fucking much.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

For the younglings who were not around or too young to remember 1990 ... Arkansas' last appearance at DKR. The Show band of the Southwest expressed their view on Arkansas jumping ship to the SEC pretty damned well ...

Shit used to be so much cooler.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Daniel Figurelli posts there.

“An Evil Force…..the SEC”. lol. Welcome to Evil my Longhorn friends.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I'm not in the habit of making long posts, or stealing peoples work, so instead I'll summarize. A poster on Reddit, found here has mathed out that the B12 flat out cant afford to pay Texas/OU more to keep us here.

To summarize, it's an increase of 11m a year in revenue share flat from the B12 to the SEC, and then on top of that, if the B12 tried to match, at minimum it would leave Tech, OkSt and and ISU operating in the red. Kind of eye opening stuff. It's one thing to say we were carrying the conference, but its another to see the numbers. I encourage you guys to check that thread the next time you sit down for a long shit.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

They came back in 2008, Colt and company fucked them like 52-10 or something, and then they bitched out of the scheduled rematch.  That was a nice way to leave things, which of course was completely ruined in that awful bowl during our Charlie and Steve Patterson brain trust years.

We were so fucking good in the aughts.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

They came back in 2008, Colt and company fucked them like 52-10 or something, and then they bitched out of the scheduled rematch.  That was a nice way to leave things, which of course was completely ruined in that awful bowl during our Charlie and Steve Patterson brain trust years.

Yeah and that was great. But getting sunburned, dehydrated and losing to those hillbilly fucks on my birthday fucking sucked. I wish I had gone to that one instead. But that’s the problem. The next time I went to a game against them, we lost. It’s my fault. Fuck my life.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

They should probably keep that keen intellectual banter back on Hornfans. 

Edited by jTower
Typing is hard