Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

It’s a fucking beating to catchup to this freight train of a thread. Some of the idiotic tropes here need to be retired. 
1) Texas is fine taking a breather from having to carry a conference. They’re fine with having plenty of other folks carry weight. There’s no interest in power plays. This was the fucking power play. 
2) The fucking handwringing about the league dictating non-con scheduling is tedious. Part of the UT brand is playing difficult non-conference games. 
Word is 2 8 team divisions, 9 conference games every year. Allegedly going to avoid FCS scheduling and others want to stop doing so, such as Bama and Georgia. 
If there is a permanent cross-division team that each team is paired with one of the two cross-division games each year, you have to think Texas and Bama are paired up. 
One of the frenzied and panicked “demands” in the last few days from ATM was to not be in the same division as Texas, which has also been shut down. 

About cross division. I see LSU and Bama playing that game. I see us matched up with GA or Florida. Which I’m ok with.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, please show your work and include 1) the cocktail party, 2) legion field structural integrity, 3) city of birmingham investment in same; 4) cotton bowl; 5) city of dallas investment in same; 6) situational awareness around the 2nd saturday in october in fair park; 7) jerry jones & 8.) pig/aggy

I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

The SEC leaves neutral site rivalry game decisions to the individual schools.

The only neutral site rivalry game that went home and home was the Iron Bowl. And that was AU’s doing not the SEC.

There will be no issue with the UT/OU game.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

41 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Yep.  Either that someone is going to get fired or offered early retirement.  The agenda posting does allow for those type of discussions too.  

that is interesting.  i watched this thread and everything it documented from the perspective of a SIGINT analyst, and a plausible theory is that sharp was so unhinged this week, that aggy have been told his departure is part of their reparations for what happened.

That wasn’t their last appearance. I know this because we lost to them on my birthday in 2003. The tickets were a gift and it was hot and miserable. And we fucking lost. It sucked so fucking much.

That was the Tommy Lee Jone, Man of the House filming right? I was there too.

2 hours ago, Lidig8r said:

For the younglings who were not around or too young to remember 1990 ... Arkansas' last appearance at DKR. The Show band of the Southwest expressed their view on Arkansas jumping ship to the SEC pretty damned well ...

I was at the game, but must have been stuck in line for the restroom at halftime because I don’t remember all that. I do remember that the crowd chanted “SEC! SEC!” at them in the 4th quarter as we were whipping their ass. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/24/2021 at 12:17 PM, Liquor and Poker said:

I can’t believe that it took me by surprise, but the aggy combination of impotent rage, lack of self awareness, and complete inability to read the room actually shocked me.  Must be a decade out of practice. 

They other schools’ reps and legs are just pandering for votes and scrambling for what benefits them.  Not surprising that they’ll work any angle - they’re desperate. 

But aggy is actually going to make money, gets a high chair at the adults table, and yet they feel betrayed and a minority (however sizeable) is willing to torpedo their football future over it by walking away.  

Just jaw-dropping in its childishness and stupidity. 

Yeah.  Can't believe you are such an idiot to be taken by surprise!

30 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Nothing to ragert.  Not sure about sourceCED85718-41DD-42EB-A532-459FB3634B99.jpeg.04f6712d11128614ae0ca6f14679b06b.jpeg

Makes no sense.  We haven't requested to join the SEC yet, so they have nothing to accept yet.  And we won't request to join until some time after we tell the B12 we are Audi, which looks like it will happen tomorrow. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Makes no sense.  We haven't requested to join the SEC yet, so they have nothing to accept yet.  And we won't request to join until some time after we tell the B12 we are Audi, which looks like it will happen tomorrow. 

...at 10:59am ET, per SEC switchboard operator, Tiff Bannen

• Haha 1

For the younglings who were not around or too young to remember 1990 ... Arkansas' last appearance at DKR. The Show band of the Southwest expressed their view on Arkansas jumping ship to the SEC pretty damned well ...

This is awesome. I wish we did more of this. The band takes itself so seriously now.
  • Hook 'Em 2