Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Part of the appeal of going to the SEC is we are dealing with fucking adults which means we can finally sit back and fucking relax.

I think we are going to be dealing with uncommonly assholish assholes. 

It's not my call, and I figure the business guys are making the right decision, but fuck the wall-eyed SEC and all its current institutions except for maybe Vandy and it's only because I liked a couple of Vandy girls once. 

Dancing with these drooling fucks makes me do the opposite of relax.  This is going to stain my university and I hope it's worth it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Pancho said:

No, we won’t and we have no plans to.  Shut the fuck up. 

Seriously though, do you think we’re going to sit around and take orders from someone in Alabama?  Will we let any of the other SEC states push us around?  If you answered no to the previous questions, then that leaves the state of Texas.......and we sure as fuck aren’t going to take orders from aggy.

• Fuck You 33

9 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I think we are going to be dealing with uncommonly assholish assholes. 

It's not my call, and I figure the business guys are making the right decision, but fuck the wall-eyed SEC and all its current institutions except for maybe Vandy and it's only because I liked a couple of Vandy girls once. 

Dancing with these drooling fucks makes me do the opposite of relax.  This is going to stain my university and I hope it's worth it. 

Lol we've been conference mates with known rape enablers in Baylor. 

8 minutes ago, Pancho said:

You’ve proven yourself to be a troll.

I’m requesting this posted get negged into Bolivia 

FUCK YOU Pancho!  I’m not trolling, I’m seriously asking what people think will happen.  I didn’t take any shots at you and you’re trying to jump in here throw your Surly “I spend all day on here” tenure around,  well you and your neg rep campaign can get fucked!

Edited by Horn Dogg
To say what I really think
  • Fuck You 34

14 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

FUCK YOU Pancho!  I’m not trolling, I’m seriously asking what people think will happen.  I didn’t take any shots at you and you’re trying to jump in here throw your Surly “I spend all day on here” tenure around,  well you and your neg rep campaign can get fucked!

The Narrator:  This story does not end well for Horn Dogg.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

No logical person thinks it will or wants it to happen. You can get fucked!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

Donald Glover Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

19 minutes ago, Pancho said:

You’ve proven yourself to be a troll.

I’m requesting this posted get negged into Bolivia 

15 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

So you got the mark of the beast….       Have you thought of your new handle yet?

Now hear me out, I’ve always thought peoples new handle should be a riddle to their old handle.  Not obvious or anything so you don’t give yourself away right off the bat.  Something like the old one was Grzly21, new one is GBhunter42….   See what I did there.  It would be a fun game for all.   
I don’t support you getting negged off actually but I’d like to help you be prepared just incase.  

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

So you got the mark of the beast….       Have you thought of your new handle yet?

Now hear me out, I’ve always thought peoples new handle should be a riddle to their old handle.  Not obvious or anything so you don’t give yourself away right off the bat.  Something like the old one was Grzly21, new one is GBhunter42….   See what I did there.  It would be a fun game for all.   
I don’t support you getting negged off actually but I’d like to help you be prepared just incase.  

This won’t be the first time I’ve been negged at will.  Back in the early times of Surly I got sent way down the negs for saying I wasn’t sold on Tom Herman.  Ironically I got all my rep back by bashing Tom Herman in 2020.

• Fuck You 4

16 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

In what freaking scenario do you foresee where Texas would need to "step in and run things"?  The most well-run machine in college sports that has yet to miss a step, has made every right move for decades to put itself in the best possible position every time it expands, and gets as much money and exposure or more than anyone else is suddenly going to need us to take over?  For what reason?  To make it more like the conference we previously ran and are now trying to leave???

I won't go as far as Pancho and call you a troll, but I think you're seriously misguided if you believe what you're typing.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i think we're going to find that georgia is the closest thing to our culture and alumni profile, and florida are the most similar to us academically

everyone with connections to those alumni should reach out and form bridges where possible in their respective professions and careers

Well I married one of those UGA women.

Saw at least 3 other "mixed couples" at the Sugar Bowl.  Every one a Texas male and a Jawja female.

12 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

He didn’t rig it, the rules expressly stated that unlimited entries were allowed. He realized he has a materialistic side. 

Who cares! Lazlo Hollyfeld won that cougar Sherry Nugil instead.

https://clip.cafe/real-genius-1985/then-im-happy-sad-you/
Lazlo Hollyfeld:  Well, how'd you do?
Chris Knight:  How'd I do? I passed,! but I failed! Yeah!
Lazlo Hollyfeld:  Well, then I'm happy and sad for you.

Lulz.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Tom said:

In what freaking scenario do you foresee where Texas would need to "step in and run things"?  The most well-run machine in college sports that has yet to miss a step, has made every right move for decades to put itself in the best possible position every time it expands, and gets as much money and exposure or more than anyone else is suddenly going to need us to take over?  For what reason?  To make it more like the conference we previously ran and are now trying to leave???

I won't go as far as Pancho and call you a troll, but I think you're seriously misguided if you believe what you're typing.

I’m not saying we will need to run things, just that we will eventually do so.  Texas doesn’t follow other schools leads.....it’s never happened and I’ll be very surprised if the new norm is for Texas to sit back and let the SEC schools make decisions for us.  Don’t forget - back in 2004 Auburn was an undefeated SEC champion and got left out of the national championship game in favor of USC and Okie.  Things change, and could change again.  

That being said, if we get in the SEC and all they do is make us happy, then it would be asinine to take over.

• Fuck You 20

5 hours ago, iamjethro said:

See, even most Razorbacks don't get mad at that.  Colleges are supposed to be fun and poke a little at each other.  Sad to say, but in today's world a lot of that is lost.  Too many hurt feelings and too much money to guard.

The LHB was siphoning their inner MOB in that show.

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

There's no doubt some truth in that.  I was in grad school when the women won the NCAA in basketball and soon started winning swimming (a bunch), along with some close calls.  They've had  titles and close calls in track over that time.  I don't think soccer has sniffed a title yet, but I could be wrong -- that's relatively new for us.

EDIT:  oh yeah, multiple tennis titles

The women won 5 national titles in their 8 sports in 1986.

23 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

I’m not saying we will need to run things, just that we will eventually do so.  Texas doesn’t follow other schools leads.....it’s never happened and I’ll be very surprised if the new norm is for Texas to sit back and let the SEC schools make decisions for us.  Don’t forget - back in 2004 Auburn was an undefeated SEC champion and got left out of the national championship game in favor of USC and Okie.  Things change, and could change again.  

That being said, if we get in the SEC and all they do is make us happy, then it would be asinine to take over.

image.gif.b91dec086c5b8ca204771518367d7912.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

It won’t be sorted out until after the season ends in January. And I’m 90% sure I’ll be right and the SEC President will come out and just say “We have no plans for expansion at this time”, and that’ll be the end of it. I don’t gamble money on anything, even my stocks are all indexes & ETFs. I’m just telling you how it’ll shake out. 

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

39 minutes ago, Tom said:

The most well-run machine in college sports that has yet to miss a step, has made every right move for decades to put itself in the best possible position every time it expands

The sec fucks up too. Hell, they even voted in the aggies.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

I think you're misunderstanding the dynamic here.  The SEC is not "run" by one school in particular.  It seems to me to be much more of a collaborative effort.  I much prefer a situation like the SEC where Texas gets to be an adult, work alongside its peers, and make decisions as to what is best with other adults in the room - rather than Texas having to be one of a pair of adults and babysit a bunch of children.  That would be the situation we are presently leaving, by the way.

9 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

I'm sure this has been covered in this thread... but the aggies just cannot fucking decide if the LHN is a death-star-level advantage for UT that gives us an unfair monetary and recruiting edge (they consistently named the LHN as a primary reason for leaving the Big 12), or if the LHN is a national embarrassment, a financial disaster, and a punchline within the world of sports media ("dumpster fire" in that thread title).

So you're saying that Aggies can't use critical reasoning skills and have an inability to see logical inconsistencies?  Color me surprised.  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

If I’m on the Big 12 executive committee I’ve already got my eye on some legal pads, printer paper and pens that are going in my trunk without anybody noticing. Also some of those big paper clips that double as chip bag clips. Those are sweet 

Not to mention all of the Big12 branded swag - umbrellas, golf balls, koozies.....That shit will be worth a mint one of these days!

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

It won’t be sorted out until after the season ends in January. And I’m 90% sure I’ll be right and the SEC President will come out and just say “We have no plans for expansion at this time”, and that’ll be the end of it. I don’t gamble money on anything, even my stocks are all indexes & ETFs. I’m just telling you how it’ll shake out. 

Retard Alert South Park GIF - RetardAlert SouthPark - Discover & Share GIFs

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

"we knew this was going to happen" followed up by "we had a reaction in the heat of the moment"

Poor aggy lost control and said things they wish they could take back. 

Reminds me of that old movie ‘Fear’ with marky mark

EC3F4D37-774C-49A5-B33E-857C047FB97B.gif

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

"we knew this was going to happen" followed up by "we had a reaction in the heat of the moment"

Basically Bjork suggesting we're neither collegial, a good cultural fit, a team player or trustworthy. Fuck off Bjork!

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Happy SEC week lads. 

What's our predictions for realignment? I've got 

SEC- Texas OU

Big 10- ISU Kansas

ACC- WVU Baylor 

PAC- Tech OSU TCU

AAC- Kansas St 

If we're taking a guess:

SEC - Texas / OU

Big10 - no one (none of these teams move the needle for the Big10, not even Kansas)

ACC - WVU/Kansas

PAC - Tech / OSU

AAC - Baylor, TCU, Kansas St., Iowa St

6 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

This won’t be the first time I’ve been negged at will.  Back in the early times of Surly I got sent way down the negs for saying I wasn’t sold on Tom Herman.  Ironically I got all my rep back by bashing Tom Herman in 2020.

You were north of 425 before dawn. If you keep doubling down on stupid you're gonna have to get rep in purgatory.

Now that they've had a stern talking to, aggy is being good little troopers but it can't last long, right? Will their first freakout THIS WEEK be when they realize Texas is getting a full revenue share upon entry to the SEC, and not a half share like they had to accept? Wasn't it for their first 2 or 3 years in the conference?

• Hook 'Em 2

http://www.al.com/sports/2014/01/sec_average_payout_reached_208.html

13 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Now that they've had a stern talking to, aggy is being good little troopers but it can't last long, right? Will their first freakout THIS WEEK be when they realize Texas is getting a full revenue share upon entry to the SEC, and not a half share like they had to accept? Wasn't it for their first 2 or 3 years in the conference?

I believe they got full revenue from the beginning. In 2012 the payout was $20m+change and aggy got $19m+change. the difference being the money the SEC earned in that fiscal year prior to the actual admittance to the conference.

Edited by sdm
  • Hook 'Em 1