Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

There have been many articles written about how an improved football product has increased enrollment at Baylor and TCU. 

Sure-I agree with those articles.

I'm just not sure there's evidence that the counterfactual (a worsened football product) would "erase" those gains. 

Rice and SMU have mostly sucked at football since the SWC (and Rice since 1960) yet both remain fine universities. 

5 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Daniel Levy

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Eugene Levy’s son Dan. They were on Schitt’s Creek (a show together that was hilarious the past few years.)

8A2F4B89-6B7B-464A-B9B3-38930AA3DA7D.jpeg

Thank you both.

I never watched that show. I have heard of it but, I generally am not up to date on anything current.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think in the long run this could help Aggy hit 75k enrollment, 25k in engineering. This will drive the semi-smart kids away from Baylor, TCU, and Tech's Business School into Aggy's arms because they want to see a decent football team in a good conference.

They never see the long game. 

Does the world need 25 fucking thousand Aggy engineers at any given time?

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Yep. With all the media we supposedly control, we sure allow them to twist a legitimate concern regarding the rules from Mack Brown nearly 10 years ago into "Texas fans sure are pussies." Similar to when an off the cuff reaction to an 'upset' OT win  Joe Tessitore uttered "Texas is back!" has now become a running gag. Need to just win to shut everyone the hell up. 

Need to just win to shut everyone the hell up.

☝️☝️☝️

That is what Texas needs to do and all the rest will go away. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, theBigHen said:

They also like to bring up how the longhorn network is the reason everyone hates us and why people left the conference. I know this isnt true but I want to have my facts straight so I dont have to hear this shit anymore lol. 

Dammit man - when you have the pimp hand on an opponent, keep it strong. 

spacer.png

Finish them. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Nueces River Rat said:

After the last few days of reading some of the SECrant, I'm convinced many of the posters are from TexAgs making themselves off to be from other schools.  

agree.  Way too much tolerance for Aggyness on there, despite overwhelming evidence of their dipshittedness, for it to be otherwise

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Gerry H- "Was told about 30 minutes ago that Houston and Cincinnati are expecting to be invited to the Big 12. That is coming from the Houston basketball side. We shall see."

So payout goes from 9 million a year to 7?

• Haha 1

They could surely take four schools. I still see ISU/KS to B1G though. 

MWC could just spare themselves and align with AAC now (which would give them 23.) that’s not a bad conference if you sprinkle in the big 12. It protects them for a while anyway. 

Lol I highly doubt jumbo said that but I do guarantee their highly educated fan base will believe a fake tweet.

He didn’t say it — see the “What they meant” tag in the top left. Jimbo’s not stupid. He would never say that out loud even if he knew it was true (it’s not).
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Tonesky said:

Careful, this could get you banned on secrant....

17 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

And that's a threat because?

No, it is a fucking joke, based on a surly poster getting booted from secrant a few days ago for vaguely referencing the bonfire collapse. 

54 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Yeah, fuck your office mate. And foolish of you to take advice from anyone hailing from the state that produced Huey P. Long.

And Edwin Edwards. And Ray Nagin.

But Fats Domino & Louie Armstrong more than made up for those assholes, IMO.

• Hook 'Em 1

Its a clear taunt.  Taunting is a penalty.

I agree to an extent. If it’s done on the field, like on your way into the end zone for a TD or conversion (a la WVU) or standing over someone after a big hit/sack, it most certainly should be flagged. If a guy is running off the field after a stop or turnover and does it toward their sideline or fans, meh, let it go.

But one thing officials (especially in the Big 12) don’t get is nuance. Leaving something to interpretation usually isn’t a recipe for success.
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Mittens said:

Jimbo been drinkin' (duh)

I love how aggy is now so high and mighty after a decade of doing fuck all in the SEC. How long do they think it will actually take us to go back to kicking their ass on a regular basis?

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Here we go. oSu steps up to the plate.

I'm not sure what people are expecting here. "Thanks for the memories guys, good luck!"

They've put us in the shittiest of positions. I understand why they did it, doesn't mean our administrators are supposed to just lie down and thank them for their service. We're actively looking for a P5 home. I don't think we will because the metrics of this shit is dumb as fuck, but whatever. I'm ready to give up on football and hope our basketball and baseball teams find a place where they can still be relevant based on current trajectories.

• Hook 'Em 2

As a non-UT fan, horns-down is always classless.  It isn’t necessarily taunting.  I’m OK with that being a judgement call by the refs just like it is when an opponent does the Gator chomp.  They are both pretty thin ice, IMHO.

Horns down is the ASL hand sign for “I married my sister.”
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5