Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

On 7/22/2021 at 4:04 PM, Eggo said:

Gentlemen's agreements tend to break down when hundreds of millions of dollars are in play.

Absolutely.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

This guy gets it. 

Texas and OU are about to take a big steaming piss on this whole pump ump the conference, cult of personality bullshit.

And it's going to be awesome. 

Absolutely.  Aggy can keep chanting SEC, squeezing, and jarring....

27 minutes ago, Bigbend1812 said:

Docking?

docking GIF

Edited by TeeDubya
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, maninblack said:

It's the end of the world. The big boys will break off at some point and lock conferences like the AAC out. Unless these schools land in the B10, PAC or ACC they'll have no shot at competing for a national championship in the not too distant future.

Yes, I agree eventually that is the case. But I think the mega conferences will take several years to develop.  The AAC is a landing spot for the immediate term.  Baylor and Kansas might go directly into the ACC, especially Kansas.  But it might take Baylor a year or two to land there.  I wouldn't be too sure the PAC survives.  If the B1G does expend, then its first targets will be UCLA and CAL and USC just out of association. They are very proud of their academics in the B1G and the research trust generates over 5x what athletics generates in grants.  They won't share that with just anyone, hence why ou wasn't acceptable to them.  They might also poach Oregon.  I think a good number of the members of the PAC will be left like the Big 12 searching desperately for a new home.

3 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Fran is salty

God. I really, really hope Sark gets it right. We need to win another title ASAIHP (upgraded version of ASAP meaning as soon as is humanly possible) so we can drag our collective nuts over everyone's faces. 

Fortunately, NIL seems like it will work in our immediate favor. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

I have a lot of retarded ideas and this is probably another one, but I'd love a system to where we could have in-system schools develop players for us. UTEP and UTSA can start sending us project lineman, and we can throw some more eyeballs their way trying to watch up and coming players. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Fran is salty

Fran’s takes suck as much as his color commentating. Buncha whiny pussies out there showing their asses in this.

We had gotten so complacent, I’m glad the new regime is letting their nuts hang. Yeah it isn’t going to be easy, but the reward far outweighs the risk of not doing shit, staying in this shitty conference and getting further left behind.

Edited by Ewreck10
  • Hook 'Em 3

Been reading up on this stuff all day for the first time. It looks like we probably are moving conferences after this season, meaning I’d be wrong. Seems like the political hurdles aren’t as high as I thought. Also I was equating this to the Meyer hunt, but I guess trying to predict the actions of an individual person is very different than predicting the actions of large institutions. Whoops.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Fuck You 30
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Ewreck10 said:

Fran’s takes suck as much as his color commentating. Buncha whiny pussies out there showing their asses in this.

It's honestly embarassing. You know who is out of the picture in all of this Texas hate? Every self-respecting alumni base that has a solid academic reputation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

I have a lot of retarded ideas and this is probably another one, but I'd love a system to where we could have in-system schools develop players for us. UTEP and UTSA can start sending us project lineman, and we can throw some more eyeballs their way trying to watch up and coming players. 

It’s called the transfer portal

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Been reading up on this stuff all day for the first time. It looks like we probably are moving conferences after this season, meaning I’d be wrong. Seems like the political hurdles aren’t as high as I thought. Also I was equating this to the Meyer hunt, but I guess trying to predict the actions of an individual person is very different than predicting the actions of large institutions. Whoops.

You know what's a hurdle we need you to not think is so high as you previous thought? Fisting yourself. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

FIST FIST FIST

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Helobious said:

WTF. You will never be forgiven till you fist yourself 

2 hours ago, orangebird said:

Of the remaining eight, Oklahoma State is one of those schools I don't really harbor a whole lot of dislike for, aside from the hatchet job that the officials pulled on us with the officiating in the 2015 game.  I've always kind of liked Gundy as a coach.  Hope it works out somehow for them somewhere.

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You’re rarely wrong so this is a momentous day for you.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Ewreck10 said:

We had gotten so complacent, I’m glad the new regime is letting their nuts hang. Yeah it isn’t going to be easy, but the reward far outweighs the risk of not doing shit, staying in this shitty conference and getting further left behind.

Well of course he’s salty—he’s out of a job after this season.  He was the Big 12 men’s basketball color guy.  When ESPN does men’s basketball, they pretty much have their own color guy for each conference. 

EDIT:  I think he’s out of a job because I don’t see the B12 surviving.  Obviously if it does survive in some form, he good. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Dude, I don't have any ill will towards you, but what is it like having so many wrong takes?

• Hook 'Em 2

Holy fuck I just got done with dinner and this thing wrangled off a shitload of pages.

Can I get a summary of the aggy dingleberry meeting today? Did they finally cut off their nose to spite their faces or is it time for the ceremonial sucking of the SEC cocks?

13 minutes ago, Helobious said:

185b9j2qef971.gif

Edited by BigBenBamboozle
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5