Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

19 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

I have a lot of retarded ideas and this is probably another one, but I'd love a system to where we could have in-system schools develop players for us. UTEP and UTSA can start sending us project lineman, and we can throw some more eyeballs their way trying to watch up and coming players. 

In the future, just stop there please.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, orangebird said:

Yeah, I think I can safely say that most of the "S-E-C" chants I have heard lately have been coming from the direction of Collie Station.

Look, we'll respect our peers in the SEC, and hopefully they'll respect us.  We're not doing any of that silly ass-kissing shit, though.

We will chant secsec after beating ou in Oct!

18 minutes ago, jinx said:

I blame the Big XII more for this smooth buttfucking by the officials, Oklahoma State was just the lucky beneficiary.

It honestly would not surprise me if it were to come out one day that somebody in the Big XII office had money on Oklahoma State for this game.

19 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Been reading up on this stuff all day for the first time. It looks like we probably are moving conferences after this season, meaning I’d be wrong. Seems like the political hurdles aren’t as high as I thought. Also I was equating this to the Meyer hunt, but I guess trying to predict the actions of an individual person is very different than predicting the actions of large 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

17 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Dude, I don't have any ill will towards you, but what is it like having so many wrong takes?

I’m fascinated by the mindset of doubling down so many times after being called a dumbass repeatedly over the course of a few days, then sitting down today and actually deciding it’s time to do some reading and see what this talk about Texas to the SEC is all about. I know this is a message board, talking out of your ass is half of the point, but holy shit. 

It’s kind of unsettling to see his (weak) mea culpa and realize he wasn’t trolling. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, orangebird said:

I blame the Big XII more for this smooth buttfucking by the officials, Oklahoma State was just the lucky beneficiary.

It honestly would not surprise me if it were to come out one day that somebody in the Big XII office had money on Oklahoma State for this game.

The best thing by far will be getting away from those bumfuck officials. The same crew, or a large part of it, fucked us over in the Texas Ou game the year before but everyone blamed Charlie Strong instead for all the bullshit calls in that one. It was way more obvious the next year against OSU.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Guys, aggy has a master plan to foil this for us:

Start pushing the vote OU in tu out message...

635 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Jimbo4win

zgolfz85

SEC presidents should vote OU in and vote tu out, demanding that a proper SEC culture fit school be added in their place like the UNC or VA Tech, Clemson types. Heck I'd take purple baylol or even okie lite if it meant tu getting shut out and having to bunk up with the acc or b1g and pretend that was their preference all along. 

Would be a quasi death knell and source of hilarious endless tears for our shady cousins in Austin.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, JimmyJames said:

The best thing by far will be getting away from those bumfuck officials. The same crew, or a large part of it, fucked us over in the Texas Ou game the year before but everyone blamed Charlie Strong instead for all the bullshit calls in that one. It was way more obvious the next year against OSU.

You mean for the bumfuck officials protecting Bama, Georgia, or florida?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

What would even be the point of this?

Seems like a good use of tax payers money.  While we are at it can they investigate why ATM’s exit amounted to a economic fart in the wind?

Edited by Horn Dog

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

well 2021 is gonna be a shitfest of anti-Texas officiating

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I’m fascinated by the mindset of doubling down so many times after being called a dumbass repeatedly over the course of a few days, then sitting down today and actually deciding it’s time to do some reading and see what this talk about Texas to the SEC is all about. I know this is a message board, talking out of your ass is half of the point, but holy shit. 

It’s kind of unsettling to see his (weak) mea culpa and realize he wasn’t trolling. 

I see that you've read your first few Helobious posts. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

well 2021 is gonna be a shitfest of anti-Texas officiating

I stated this earlier but will repeat.  First thing we need to do is have the SEC make it clear to these B12 officials that any unethical fuckery directed at current or future SEC members will permanently disqualify an applicant for future SEC official employment. 

1 minute ago, Horn Dog said:

I stated this earlier but will repeat.  First thing we need to do is have the SEC make it clear to these B12 officials that any unethical fuckery directed at current or future SEC members will permanently disqualify an applicant for future SEC official employment. 

that will show 'em

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

While I know this has to be a very uncertain time for the fans of all 8 schools (understandable emotions about the future) I refuse to believe they all end up on a scrap heap. This is all headed to super conferences. If I am AAC and MWC (both seem to be dialed in and are strategizing) I realize that merging may be the best option and getting some of the Big 12. Again, all that glue sniffing I’ve been doing has yet to wear off, but  I do think most are going to be fine. They might even be in a better situation to win shit…This will be a very interesting week to see what the other conferences will do. 

These schools will want to be in a decent-enough conference that they can recruit some good players to compete.  Will good basketball players still want to go to Kansas or Baylor if they are in a smaller caliber conference?

Fuck tech, Baylor, tcu, okie lite, kstate, wv, Iowa st and Kansas. We’re hated by everyone so fuck them all. 

Haha, this. Ask them. Do you like Texas in 2020? No? How about now that you just lost 30 mil a year since they went away like you wanted. Enjoy Tulane and southern Mississippi and getting minimum wage for your contract.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Looch Spin via LHF:

Quick Monday thoughts
867 Views | 12 Replies
Staff Only
LiucciStaff7:00p
First off, I know tonight's BOR meeting had everyone up in arms over the weekend, both on the site and all over social media. Personally, I wish the stated purpose would have read differently. It was a bad look that created way too much fodder for a national media that is looking for anything that will stoke the fires and generate clicks and headlines right now and it certainly gave the folks in Austin and Norman even more ammo.

Fortunately, cooler heads appear to have prevailed and the reality is that the BOR meeting (and even an in-person session that may take place on Wednesday) was never going to result in the Ags leaving the SEC, even entertaining that option and also not doing anything wild enough to put their status in the league in any sort of jeopardy. None of those things were ever even a remote possibility, despite what Friday's reaction to the posting would have led you to believe.

What I do think is taking place, however, is what I'd essentially call a 'fact-finding' conversation during which the A&M decision-makers hope to get to the bottom of whether or not anyone on the Aggie side of things dropped the ball when it came to properly gauging the SEC's expansion interests.

The reason why I say that is because the folks on the SEC side (and I have sources around the league now that we're more than a decade into this thing) have all but insisted that A&M knew that expansion was on the table and I've heard that the news of OU and Texas being the targets had not been a very well-kept secret in upper-level SEC circles dating back to the beginning of June (with open talks about possible expansion dating back much further than that). Understand what I'm saying here: That's what is being relayed by sources in and around the league and it's also been conveyed to some in the A&M camp since last Wednesday. Because of that, it goes without saying that one of the goals on Monday will be to find out exactly what happened and where the break in the communication chain occurred...or if that was even the case.

If this was a case of TAMU decision-makers not being as dialed into this thing as they should have been, then the root cause of what would qualify as nothing short of a disastrous PR lapse - and I'm talking about A&M's visceral reaction to being 'blindsided' by the news - needs to be figured out and addressed.

Beyond that, I'm expecting A&M to end up voting in favor of expansion and making it a unanimous, 14-0 vote. Expressing displeasure with Sankey and the league for adding a second school from the Lone Star State and it being the one that Mike Slive told the Aggie decision-makers ten years ago would never enter the conference is fine and A&M brass was well within their rights to be disappointed and even disgusted with the decision. But understand this, A&M could not have prevented the move even if the Ags exerted every amount of leverage imaginable. Why? Because, like I said a few days ago, adding the Sooners and Horns clearly strengthens the conference and elevates its status to unprecedented heights. The money always wins out in these situations. ESPN was very clearly driving this ship and orchestrated the move but all fourteen schools are going to win big in this deal financially, including Texas A&M.

At the end of the day the Aggies - from administration to fans - need to follow the head football coach's lead here. Jimbo Fisher's reaction was priceless on Wednesday upon hearing the news and the reason why it played so well is because it was sincere. "Of course they do," said the fourth-year Aggie head coach while laughing.

Fisher has lived this and thrived. He dominated both Florida and Miami while constructing a monster in Tallahassee and I can assure you he's looking at what he's already assembled in Aggieland and not worried in the slightest about playing the Sooners or Longhorns. Neither are his players. In fact, it's the opposite, as the Ags are counting the days until the Big 12 defectors arrive in the SEC.

The current reality is that Texas A&M Football is positioned as well as it's been in a long, long time. Led by a national championship-winning head coach entering year four, the Aggies are coming off of a top-5 finish, have stacked three straight top-7 classes and are a pre-season top-10 pick. TAMU is considered a legitimate SEC title contender in 2021, thanks in part to boasting four projected first-round draft picks and no fewer than a half dozen First-Team All-SEC candidates. Where are the Ags currently at in terms of their roster? The Ags will have four five-star true freshmen on the roster this fall and there's a chance that each will serve as a role player biding his time in year one.

The point here is that the Ags are ten years in as SEC members and appear poised to take the final step in the League of Champions. Texas A&M looks, feels and is beginning to perform like a legitimate top-10 program and have been on a steady climb under Fisher, who is beginning to see a team that looks a lot like the championship squad he built at FSU. The Ags aren't yet all the way there, but they're very close.

They're also considered by the media and coaches around the conference as one of the 'haves,' something that the folks in Norman and Austin are too delusional to realize or too proud to realize. Prior to all hell breaking loose at SEC Media Days last week, there was more positive chatter than ever in Hoover surrounding Texas A&M. Fisher is football royalty in the Deep South, DeMarvin Leal and Kenyon Green certainly caught everyone's attention as perhaps the most impressive pair of player attendees from a physical standpoint and the conference and national talking heads have all taken notice as to what Fisher is building in College Station. The Aggies are considered on par with the likes of Florida, LSU and even Georgia right now.

With Fisher leading the charge and donor money pouring in and facilities upgrades ongoing, the Ags aren't going anywhere. So while this season and the next are going to be key in terms of A&M maintaining their current position and eventually breaking through the SEC title/playoff barrier, the reality is that the Aggies of 2021 don't even remotely resemble the 2011 edition. The same can be said about Texas

The Ags have the better coach (by far), the better players (a substantial gap) and are better positioned for immediate success in the league. For all the bluster coming out of Austin, the best thing that Steve Sarkisian and the Horns could hope for is to not begin competing in the conference until 2023 or so because it's not the ideal time for Texas to jump into the fray, particularly when it comes to entering at a time when their in-state rivals could be as strong as they've ever been.

To be fair, the pressure is on both sides over the next three or four seasons because Sark absolutely has to get it done in a big way in year one because his task is about to get exponentially more difficult and the Ags have to continue their climb under Fisher because Texas and OU joining the SEC takes away what has been a major recruiting advantage for the Maroon & White in the Lone Star State (conference affiliation). Texas is about to receive a noticeable bump on the trail but that will disappear in a hurry if losses mount this fall and if the Horns don't produce their own version of Johnny Football as they enter the SEC. Hell, even with a Heisman winner at QB, the Ags dropped six SEC games in their first two years in the league before settling into a five-loss pattern.

That pattern has ended under Fisher. At the end of the day, college football is about the head coach as much as any sport in America. Look around the country. Dabo and Clemson. Saban pulling LSU and Bama out of the doldrums. Texas being mediocre for four decades save the Mack Brown Era. OU before Bob Stoops arrived. Florida with Urban and Spurrier vs Florida without the two legends. USC sans Pete Carroll. The list goes on and on. The Aggies finally have their guy and he's the one everyone concerned with the fallout of a changing SEC landscape should listen to:

"Be careful what you wish for."

I'll post a couple of more thoughts on the OU, Texas, A&M and the SEC later tonight

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, WBT said:

that will show 'em

Well considering they will all soon be unemployed looking for new jobs, and there is talk of SEC expanding to 20+ super conference , it should at least give them some food for thought.  I guess they could take a 70% pay cut and work in the MWC though.