Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

6 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

So you want to give up 20 to 100 years of tradition to see Oxford Mississippi?

Went to Oxford a couple years ago for the Cal game.  Nice town and some badass food.  Fans were pretty cool too... the drive into Oxford from Memphis was pretty sad but...yeah, I'll take Oxford over Ames any day.  Starkvegas though...

2 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Watching all of these universities freak out, posture, and squirm at the threat of potentially losing millions of dollars in TV contracts is particularly humorous because they're largely the same individuals and institutions who argue for keeping the sanctity of [unpaid] amateur athletics.

• Hook 'Em 1

I am listening to Mark Passwaters on ESPNU XM radio right now.  It is unreal what these A&M assholes say and that the hosts don't respond back.  He went on how UT is so difficult to deal with and they destroyed the SWC and now the Big 12.  UT destroying the SWC is so untrue and I have yet to hear Aggies take on how UT destroyed that conference.  He went on about we are the most difficult school to deal with/we push everybody around and the SEC will not put up with our shit.   Every time this guy said something derogatory about UT the host just laughed it off and asked another question.  It's really fucking annoying.  Just forgetting that this guy is an Aggie, if you listen to the way he talks (and I guess all Aggies) it is the way LOSERS talk plain and simple.  Not losers in sports but losers in life.  Blaming everyone else for your issues and problems even though they had nothing to with them.  I hate that fucking loser attitude.  Own up to your shit and stop blaming everybody else. 

• Hook 'Em 6

7 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I am listening to Mark Passwaters on ESPNU XM radio right now.  It is unreal what these A&M assholes say and that the hosts don't respond back.  He went on how UT is so difficult to deal with and they destroyed the SWC and now the Big 12.  UT destroying the SWC is so untrue and I have yet to hear Aggies take on how UT destroyed that conference.  He went on about we are the most difficult school to deal with/we push everybody around and the SEC will not put up with our shit.   Every time this guy said something derogatory about UT the host just laughed it off and asked another question.  It's really fucking annoying.  Just forgetting that this guy is an Aggie, if you listen to the way he talks (and I guess all Aggies) it is the way LOSERS talk plain and simple.  Not losers in sports but losers in life.  Blaming everyone else for your issues and problems even though they had nothing to with them.  I hate that fucking loser attitude.  Own up to your shit and stop blaming everybody else. 

Well, when the goddamned hell are UT officials going to get their asses on to call that bullshit?

Just sitting back and allowing that one side propaganda to be perpetuated is NOT making UT the “better guy who is above the fray”. Being passive in this case is for pussies.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Armybrat said:

Well, when the goddamned hell are UT officials going to get their asses on to call that bullshit?

Just sitting back and allowing that one side propaganda to be perpetuated is NOT making UT the “better guy who is above the fray”. Being passive in this case is for pussies.

This is 100% correct, but I don't think the UT admin will ever do anything about it.

2 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Lewis Rothschild : They don't have a choice! Bob Rumson is the only one doing the talking! People want leadership, Mr. President, and in the absence of genuine leadership, they'll listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They want leadership. They're so thirsty for it they'll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand.

President Andrew Shepherd : Lewis, we've had presidents who were beloved, who couldn't find a coherent sentence with two hands and a flashlight. People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Does the creation of a separate SECEast/SECWest networks mean that there will be two separate divisions of 8 teams rather than 4 pods of 4 teams?

The only people running with the pod stuff are fans from what I can see.  No one with actual sources seems to be talking about pods.  I think it's going to be 2 divisions.

Edited by kevwun

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

The list of aggy dumbfuckery is so long, where does one start responding?

"Not a branch of UT"

"Highly esteemed military academy"

"Wealthiest public university in the world"

"Just like UT Austin"

"Multiple national championships"

"More officers during WWII than Annapolis and West Point combined"

"Only aggys ever have served their country"

"The finest fans in all college sports"

"Solved the mystery of alchemy"

"Perfected cold fusion"

"50 million doses of vaccine delivered within twelve weeks in case of flu pandemic"

That people can't see through the pure aggy bullshit amazes me. What would you have someone from the university say to begin trying to explain to people what they choose not to even try to verify for themselves.

At some point, you have to accept ignorant people will go through life believing in fairy tales.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

SEC! SEC! SEC!

So I wanted to discuss this matter a bit, and I'm not one to start new threads, so I will just post it here where it will be irrelevant in an hour.

I get the hatred for the SEC, I was a full on hater for years. But I live in the middle of SEC country and I have gained perspective and now understand it, even if I don't fully embrace it. As shocking as this may be, Texas fits perfectly into the SEC mindset. They collectively feel they are the best, and they all agree (one school aside) that Texas is among the best and should be included in their group.

They have very much adopted the Texas philosophy of "they hate us cuz they ain't us" and have banded together to shoot the rest of the collective sporting world a middle finger. Much like Horns down is a national topic simply because the world hates us, the SEC dominance is a topic because of the hatred as much as the factual nature.

We are learning right now the repercussions of surrounding yourselves with a bunch of also rans that never stack any trophies in the conference closet. We were losing credibility as a result. Pretty much everyone brings something to the table in the SEC in some way or form, and even the lowliest South Carolina still packs 70-80k into a stadium to watch their team lose year after year.

They simply do just care more. We do to, that's why we should be here. My first college football game ever was at Jordan-Hare Stadium and I was hooked. I went to the 2nd ever SEC Championship game and learned to hate Bammer. I have been to dozens of games at the Swamp and games in Baton Rouge and a few other SEC towns. They are all  die hard fans. The only ghost town for a game is typically Vandy, but at least they are in Nashville.

I don't think any fan base aside from aggy whole heartedly roots for another team like Bama. Most have a very strong hatred for all things crimson, and truly hate their rivals. But if the option is to root for Bama or Ohio State, they want Bama to murder Ohio State to prove that the conference they play in is the best. It doesn't matter the sport, the SEC wants to dominate it. Over the last decade they pretty much have (aside from basketball). It means that every game every week matters. If you came close but didn't win it, at least you probably get a shot at the team that did next year. That is much better than another year long schedule facing a bunch of teams that have never won shit.

Texas is one of the very best brands in college sports. We are now part of the very best conference in college sports. This is a great week to be a Longhorn.

• Hook 'Em 6

7 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

How is this significantly different than aggy smearing us on the way out in 2011, and Nebraska doing the same in 2010?  Or a national guy like Kirk Herbstreit calling Austin a cesspool?  Yet we still rise to the top in athletic revenue and are perceived as the crown jewel of realignment.  No need for our administration to get involved in the mudslinging. 

• Hook 'Em 4

i think Texas and ou both pay their buyouts and then ESPN comes in and tells the remaining big 12 to let Texas and ou go to the SEC immediately and they will not lower the amount of money the big 12 tv rights. at least thats my take on it. i cant see either party wanting this to drag out until 2025,

14 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

“When your enemy's making mistakes, don't interrupt him.”
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1